Short Answer Key
1. Where does The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith take place?
2. What year is it at the beginning of the novel?
3. What is Tabidgi's "white" name?
4. Who has Jimmie Blacksmith married?
A white woman.
5. Where did Jimmie get married?
A Methodist church.
6. What is unique about Jimmie's heritage?
He is half white, half aborigine.
7. What does Jackie Smolders carry with him on his trip to Wallah?
Jimmie's initiation tooth.
8. What tribe does Jimmie belong to?
The Mungindi Tribe.
9. According to Tabidgi, what has Jimmie done by marrying a white woman?
Broken the tribal marriage pattern.
10. When Jimmie disappeared from the camp in 1891, what did his mother think happened to him?
He was swallowed by a great lizard.
11. Who was concerned for Jimmie in his absence from the camp?
This section contains 2,174 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)