|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilda think about the job offer?
(a) It is generous.
(b) It is suspicious.
(c) It is tenuous.
(d) It is bogus.
2. What does the postmaster's son reveal to Jimmie and the constable?
(a) A riot has broken out in the town centre.
(b) His sister, MaryBeth, is trapped under a collapsed roof.
(c) The postmaster has died.
(d) A boy named Jack Fisher had disappeared a year ago.
3. How does Jimmie's progress with the fence go?
(a) He finishes on time.
(b) He finishes two days late.
(c) He doesn't finish at all.
(d) He finishes early.
4. What document does Healy withhold when Jimmie finishes the fence?
(a) A receipt.
(b) A bus ticket.
(c) A work reference.
(d) A cheque.
5. What does the kitchen maid, Gilda, look like?
(a) A robust woman with a round face and think hair.
(b) A tall woman with a sunken face and straight hair.
(c) A short woman with a swollen face and messy hair.
(d) A small woman with a narrow face and lank hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jimmie and Mort do one morning because of Lewis's treatment of them?
2. As Jimmie continues his escape, what does he find it hard to believe?
3. How was the birth of Gilda's baby?
4. How many seconds go by before Mr. Hyberry trips the lever when hanging someone?
5. When is Jimmie expected to accompany the constable?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)