|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Jimmie's heritage?
(a) He is black but raised by white people.
(b) He is white but raised by aboriginals.
(c) He is half aborigine, half Chinese.
(d) He is half white, half aborigine.
2. What did Jimmie say he had been doing in his absence?
(b) Catching possums.
(c) Watching the sun set and rise.
(d) Studying the stars.
3. What is Tabidgi's "white" name?
(a) Freddie Munch.
(b) Robert Kent.
(c) Albert Finnie.
(d) Jackie Smolders.
4. What does Jackie Smolders carry with him on his trip to Wallah?
(a) A lock of Jimmie's hair.
(b) Jimmie's initiation tooth.
(c) A bag of Jimmie's belongings.
(d) A magic twig.
5. How does Jimmie deal with Healy's complaints?
(a) Jimmie complains to Rev. Neville.
(b) Jimmie argues with Healy.
(c) Jimmie damages the fence.
(d) Jimmie lets the issue drop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jimmie go to Verona?
2. When is Jimmie expected to accompany the constable?
3. What does the postmaster's son reveal to Jimmie and the constable?
4. What complaint does Healy have about the fence?
5. What year is it at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)