|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the meeting with Adam and Judge Slattery is the Attorney General of Mississippi. Who is the Attorney General?
2. Who has Adam, Garner, and others underestimated?
3. How does Lee find her work?
4. What is the prison itself settled between?
5. Lee's son was raised by what family's standards and traditions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Adam handle the press?
2. What is the exception to the rule about the recreational hour for the inmates outside?
3. How does Sam view Adam and his visit?
4. Where does Lee work? What work does she do there? Does she enjoy it? How can you tell?
5. Detail the history of Sam Cayhall and the law firm of Kravitz and Bane.
6. Adam wants to represent Sam at Kravitz and Bane in the pro bono department. How is this taken at Kravitz and Bane?
7. Adam attends another meeting about Sam at Judge Slattery's office. What is this meeting about, and who is present at the meeting?
8. Describe Adam's first viewing of the prison where his grandfather is.
9. How is Adam's trip to visit his grandfather received back at Kravitz and Bane?
10. What did Adam find out about his petition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rollie Wedge, one of the Ku Klux Klan members associated with Sam and the Kramer office bombing, goes into hiding after the bombing and reemerges twice during the novel. Explain the two reappearances of Rollie Wedge in the novel. In your answer, be sure to include information such as where, when, to who, how, and why.
Essay Topic 2
Sam Cayhall changed from his character at the beginning of the novel to a different character at the end of the novel. How does Grisham show a character transformation of Sam Cayhall from the beginning of the novel to the end? Use specific examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Adam was very excited to be at Kravitz and Bane, and even more excited to transfer to the pro bono department. A former representative of Sam's, Garner Goodman, and Emmitt Wycoff, Adam's boss at the Chicago office, both support Adam. However, Daniel Rosen, a top executive at Kravitz and Bane, wants to terminate Adam. What is the termination issue with Kravitz and Bane and Adam? Does this make Adam want to look for other employment or does he feel okay with the company? Explain your answer and give supporting details from the novel.
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)