|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam's name was never originally Adam. What was his legal name before it was changed?
2. One of the stipulations put in the contract by Sam is that Adam cannot talk to whom?
3. Due to Adam being present for a visit, Sam is hoping to be able to do what he missed. Who makes the decision regarding whether Sam can make it up?
4. Although they can't see each other, all of the inmates on death row pass what?
5. Who is the Ku Klux Klan member who planned the bombing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan and what was his job?
2. At the meeting with Adam and Sam, Adam thinks aloud about his father and this sparks an interest in Sam. Why did the mention of Eddie, Adam's father and Sam's son, arouse curiosity in Sam?
3. What happens with the bomb after it is placed, and what is the result of the bomb?
4. What type of home life did Adam have?
5. What is Adam wanting to see Sam for?
6. Sam takes a direction of searching the prison law library for relevant cases. What direction does Adam take?
7. At the beginning of 'The Chamber', describe Marvin Kramer and his life.
8. When the bomb detonates, what happens to Sam?
9. Describe Marvin Kramer's life after the bomb blast.
10. How is Adam's trip to visit his grandfather received back at Kravitz and Bane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the time that Sam was in prison, he had visitors. Name all of the people who came to visit Sam at the prison, listing any surprise visitors that Sam may have had. When did these people come to visit Sam in prison? Why do these people come to visit Sam?
Essay Topic 2
Adam was very excited to be at Kravitz and Bane, and even more excited to transfer to the pro bono department. A former representative of Sam's, Garner Goodman, and Emmitt Wycoff, Adam's boss at the Chicago office, both support Adam. However, Daniel Rosen, a top executive at Kravitz and Bane, wants to terminate Adam. What is the termination issue with Kravitz and Bane and Adam? Does this make Adam want to look for other employment or does he feel okay with the company? Explain your answer and give supporting details from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
On death row, Sam has a sort of make-shift camaraderie with the other death row inmates. Explain the camaraderie between Sam and the other death row inmates. How did Sam come to be revered by them?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)