|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ice cream treat does Sam fondly remember?
(b) Ice Cream Sandwich.
(c) Eskimo Pie.
(d) Banana Split.
2. Who does Sam think came to visit him shortly after Adam left Sam?
3. What does Sam accept from the prison chaplain?
4. Who is Adam's unexpected visitor while he is working on another petition?
(a) Garner Goodman.
(b) Steve Roxburgh.
(c) Wyn Lettner.
(d) David McAllister.
5. Who is the prison warden?
(a) Philip Naifeh.
(b) Phelps Booth.
(c) Ralph Griffin.
(d) George Nugent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Eskimo pie ice cream desserts does Sam consume for his last dinner?
2. At what time is Adam called about Lee?
3. What does the Governor have to gain through Sam's clemency?
4. Who is the assistant superintendent at Parchman Prison?
5. What place does Lee show Adam when they are on their weekend together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Donnie and Sam's last time together.
2. Why does Adam believe it would be a good idea to visit Marvin Kramer's family?
3. What is happening outside of Parchman Prison as the execution of Sam Cayhall gets closer?
4. Both Lee and Adam have news for each other. What is the news they share with each other?
5. How is Sam's last day a busy one?
6. What happens to the prison warden, and how does it affect Sam's execution?
7. Explain the preparations for Sam for the last two days prior to his execution.
8. How does Governor McAllister agree to clemency for Sam?
9. Lee shares childhood memories with Adam. Lee shares the story of her brother, Eddie, and her grandfather, Sam, with Joe and Qunice Lincoln. Who are these people and how do they play such a vivid memory in Lee's past?
10. How does Sam prepare for death after the decision from the hearing?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)