|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has an intense desire to leave after the reading of the death warrant?
(c) Governor McAllister.
2. What does Sam ask his visitor for shortly before his execution?
(c) New clothes.
3. In Adam's petition, he claims that Sam is mentally incompetent to be executed. Who supports this?
(a) Judge Slattery.
(b) Garner Goodman.
(c) Dr. Swinn.
4. Who testifies at the mental incompetence hearing?
(a) Colonel Nugent.
(b) Prison psychiatrist.
(c) Doctor Swinn.
(d) All answers are correct.
5. What place does Lee show Adam when they are on their weekend together?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Quince Lincoln?
2. What does Sam accept from the prison chaplain?
3. Who has Adam asked for assistance from as he moves forward with some ideas?
4. Who is Joe Lincoln?
5. What courts has Adam petitioned for Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Carmen and what does she see as she visits Sam for the first time?
2. Explain how law students are helping to execute Adam's plan set up by Garner Goodman.
3. What is happening outside of Parchman Prison as the execution of Sam Cayhall gets closer?
4. Explain Sam and his relationships with family members as his execution draws closer.
5. Both Lee and Adam have news for each other. What is the news they share with each other?
6. Why does Adam believe it would be a good idea to visit Marvin Kramer's family?
7. Where do Adam and Lee spend their weekend together, and what do they do on the weekend?
8. Who does Adam ask for assistance, and how does this person help Adam?
9. Explain the preparations for Sam for the last two days prior to his execution.
10. Where and how does Adam react, or want to react, when he sees Lee?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)