|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has an intense desire to leave after the reading of the death warrant?
(b) Governor McAllister.
2. Where is Adam needed, causing the meeting that he has to be cut short?
3. What types of people are gathering outside of Parchman Prison?
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Pro death penalty demonstrators.
4. Who is John Bryan Glass?
(a) Prison warden.
(b) Attorney general.
(c) Local law professor.
(d) Prison guard.
5. Who is the new prison chaplain?
(a) George Nugent.
(b) Philip Naifeh.
(c) Ralph Griffin.
(d) Phelps Booth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Overall, how does Sam appear to Adam?
2. With what is going on, who is likely to resurface in the next few weeks?
3. How long does Adam stay away from Sam when he and Lee return from their weekend trip?
4. Who is pleased to make an appearance to witness the execution?
5. After Sam's initial cell, how many different places is he moved to before the gas chamber?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Governor McAllister agree to clemency for Sam?
2. Adam meets with Mr. Olander. Who is Mr. Olander, and what is the meeting about?
3. Describe Donnie and Sam's last time together.
4. How is Sam preparing for his execution?
5. Who is Carmen and what does she see as she visits Sam for the first time?
6. What leads Lee on another alcoholic binge?
7. Why does Lee disappear for an entire day and evening?
8. How is Sam's last day a busy one?
9. Where do Adam and Lee spend their weekend together, and what do they do on the weekend?
10. What is happening outside of Parchman Prison as the execution of Sam Cayhall gets closer?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)