|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Olander?
(a) Supreme Court Judge.
(b) Supreme Court Security Officer.
(c) Supreme Court's Death Clerk.
(d) Supreme Court Secretary.
2. Who testifies at the mental incompetence hearing?
(a) Doctor Swinn.
(b) Colonel Nugent.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Prison psychiatrist.
3. Who declines, for health reasons, to witness the death?
(a) Hez Kerry.
(b) Ruth Kramer.
(c) Elliot Kramer.
(d) Donnie Cayhall.
4. Who, that Adam knows, is also friends with the Governor?
(a) Marvin Kramer.
(b) Sam Cayhall.
(c) Garner Goodman.
(d) Rollie Wedge.
5. What ice cream treat does Sam fondly remember?
(a) Eskimo Pie.
(b) Banana Split.
(c) Ice Cream Sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days is it before Lee emerges from her alcoholic binge, refreshed and sober again?
2. What types of people are gathering outside of Parchman Prison?
3. Who is the new prison chaplain?
4. Who has Adam asked for assistance from as he moves forward with some ideas?
5. What does the Governor have to gain through Sam's clemency?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where and how does Adam react, or want to react, when he sees Lee?
2. What was the purpose of Adam's trip to New Orleans?
3. Explain Sam and his relationships with family members as his execution draws closer.
4. How does Governor McAllister agree to clemency for Sam?
5. Adam meets with Mr. Olander. Who is Mr. Olander, and what is the meeting about?
6. What is happening outside of Parchman Prison as the execution of Sam Cayhall gets closer?
7. Who is Carmen and what does she see as she visits Sam for the first time?
8. Who does Adam ask for assistance, and how does this person help Adam?
9. Why does Adam believe it would be a good idea to visit Marvin Kramer's family?
10. How is Sam's last day a busy one?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)