|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is pleased to make an appearance to witness the execution?
(a) Steve Roxburgh.
(b) Ruth Kramer.
(c) Hez Kerry.
(d) Governor McAllister.
2. After how many days does Garner Goodman call an end to the marker analysis project?
3. Who has an intense desire to leave after the reading of the death warrant?
(d) Governor McAllister.
4. Where do Adam and Lee decide to spend their weekend together at the beginning of Chapters 26-29?
(a) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(b) Clanton, Mississippi.
(c) Jackson, Mississippi.
(d) Greenville, Mississippi.
5. Where is Adam needed, causing the meeting that he has to be cut short?
6. What Circuit Court of Appeals does Adam hear word from?
7. What is Mr. Olander's professional opinion about Sam?
(a) Sam has run out of options.
(b) Sam should appeal again.
(c) Sam should plead for forgiveness.
(d) Sam should give in and ask the governor for clemency.
8. What does McAllister find out through his effort to communicate with voters?
(a) Not in favor of the death penalty.
(b) In favor of not giving Sam clemency.
(c) In favor of the death penalty.
(d) In favor of giving Sam clemency.
9. What place does Lee show Adam when they are on their weekend together?
10. Who is coming to terms with his family history?
11. What does Governor McAllister have done in an effort to communicate with the voters?
(a) Install phone lines.
(b) Open a policy for written correspondence.
(c) Talk radio appearances.
(d) Open an email address.
12. What does Sam do in his cell before his execution?
(a) Speak with Adam.
(c) Write apology letters.
13. How long does Adam stay away from Sam when he and Lee return from their weekend trip?
(a) Five days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) One week.
14. How many journalists does the law allow to be present at the execution?
15. Who is the assistant superintendent at Parchman Prison?
(a) George Nugent.
(b) Phelps Booth.
(c) Philip Naifeh.
(d) Ralph Griffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who actually came to visit Sam shortly after Adam left?
2. Who calls Adam early in the morning about Lee?
3. Who does Sam think came to visit him shortly after Adam left Sam?
4. Who is still missing as the time of Sam's execution gets closer?
5. Adam decides that visiting whose family would be a good idea?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)