|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julie say she feels physically when she goes into the cellar?
2. What does Tom eat constantly after his mother dies?
(a) Peanut butter.
(c) Frozen dinners.
3. After the trunk is sealed, what do the children make?
4. What does Derek initially think is the cause of the smell in Jack's house?
(a) The garbage.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) A rotting corpse.
(d) The drain.
5. Where does Derek take Jack to play?
(b) Chas' .
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been waiting about an hour to play Derek in pool?
2. Who punches Jack for being naked?
3. Who told Tom Mother's whereabouts?
4. What does the woman Jack runs into in the shops think of him?
5. Who does Jack want to read his book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Sue and Julie dress up Tom like a girl?
2. What is the conversation between Derek and Jack as they leave the pool hall?
3. How does Tom get to play in girls' clothing without getting picked on by his friends?
4. Discuss the conversation Derek strikes up at the pool hall when he starts playing.
5. Explain how Julie's punch of Jack turns into sex with him.
6. What strange experience happens to Jack when he goes to the shops to spend his birthday money?
7. How does the book end?
8. Three weeks after Mother's death, Jack goes into the cellar to see the trunk. What are his thoughts as he visits the cellar?
9. What does Derek say and how does he act when he catches Julie and Jack naked together?
10. Discuss the siblings' eating habits for the week following their mother's death.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)