|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the cellar in Chapter 7, what is it that Jack has forgotten?
(a) Where he left his book.
(b) Where they put Mother.
(c) What his mother looked like.
(d) Why he went down there in the first place.
2. At what age did Derek start playing pool at his favorite hall?
3. Who does Derek tell Jack that he (Jack) is like?
4. Who tries to lighten the conversation in the pool hall when someone gets upset?
(a) Chas and Greg.
(c) Chas, Derek, and Greg.
(d) Jack and Derek.
5. Who was tied to a brass cot two years ago when their parents left them alone for a short while?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't Tom's friends tease him about what he is wearing while the other siblings prepare dinner?
2. How old is Derek?
3. Who is the first to see that one of the siblings is writing to their dead Mother?
4. In Chapter 10, Julie and Jack are talking in Tom's room. Jack wants to run. What does Julie notice?
5. What do Jack, Julie, and Tom go buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tom's baby-like behavior affected by Julie's willingness to treat him like one?
2. What does Derek say and how does he act when he catches Julie and Jack naked together?
3. What inconsistency of story does Jack alert to Derek after the frog incident in the garden?
4. What happened to the children when they were left alone one time previously?
5. Three weeks after Mother's death, Jack goes into the cellar to see the trunk. What are his thoughts as he visits the cellar?
6. How does Tom get to play in girls' clothing without getting picked on by his friends?
7. Discuss the conversation Derek strikes up at the pool hall when he starts playing.
8. Why do Jack and Sue get excited when they investigate the strange smell in the cellar?
9. What do the girls say about Jack and Tom's appearances when they are dressing Tom like a girl?
10. What is Derek's solution to covering the rotting smell? What do the kids tell him the smell is?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)