|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the parking valet guy at the pool hall?
(d) The owner.
2. What does Sue say is causing the faint smell in the house?
(b) Jack's dog.
3. What does Derek drive?
(a) A van.
(b) A sports car.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A sensible sedan.
4. What makes Jack smile after being punched?
(a) Tom's jealousy.
(c) Julie's tanned breasts.
(d) Sue's affection.
5. What is Tom wearing while Sue and Julie laugh?
(a) A dress.
(b) A silly hat.
(c) A wig.
(d) A fake beard.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what occasion did Mother and Father leave the siblings alone two years previously?
2. In his nightmare, what is Jack doing while Mother is talking?
3. Who insists on sealing the trunk?
4. Who does Julie confide in about her all night dates with Derek?
5. What does Jack try to pull off of Tom at dinner one night in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Jack tell Julie about his conversations with Derek as soon as he returns home from the pool hall?
2. What inconsistency of story does Jack alert to Derek after the frog incident in the garden?
3. Why do Jack and Sue get excited when they investigate the strange smell in the cellar?
4. How does Jack get a terrible sunburn?
5. Three weeks after Mother's death, how does Sue spend her time?
6. How does the book end?
7. What conversation does Jack have with Tom after being awakened by Tom's fake crying?
8. How does Tom get to play in girls' clothing without getting picked on by his friends?
9. What is Jack's science fiction novel about and what question does Jack pose regarding it?
10. Discuss the siblings' eating habits for the week following their mother's death.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)