|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sue's hobby?
2. Who begins to resist the family game?
3. What is distracting Jack from realizing his father's condition as the two work on a project together?
(a) A semen stain.
(b) Jack is reading instead of helping.
(c) Jack's headphones.
(d) Julie's bikini.
4. Who notices increased acne but doesn't do anything about it?
(c) The neighbor.
5. Who knew that that Mother was dying?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a serious talk with Jack at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. Who gives a card with two pound notes as a birthday present?
3. Who is Jack holding when he falls asleep on the night Mother dies?
4. Who is sunbathing in Chapter 4?
5. Who says there should be a funeral for Mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the family do to celebrate Jack's birthday?
2. What happens when Tom points out his bully to Jack?
3. When and why does the sexual game the three siblings play stop?
4. What was Jack doing and why does he run off at the end of Chapter 2?
5. How do the siblings tell Tom that Mother has died?
6. What does Jack notice about his mother when he sees her from a distance in Chapter 2?
7. Why, in Chapter 2, does Jack begin to avoid Mother?
8. Who is present during Father's final heart attack and why is it initially unnoticed?
9. What, specifically, do Jack and Julie do to provide Mother with an eternal resting place?
10. Why is Tom tired of being a boy?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)