|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ridicules the person who refuses to watch Julie in her extracurricular activities?
(a) Julie's instructor.
(b) Julie herself.
(d) The rest of the family.
2. Where do the men drop the delivery they take to Jack's house?
(c) Back porch.
3. Who tells Jack to clean up before eating cake?
4. What does Jack do when the person he sees in the window calls to him?
(a) Begins to cry.
(b) Hides behind a cement stone.
(c) Laughs and points.
(d) Runs away.
5. Who wishes to change genders?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives cleaning utensils as a birthday present?
2. Who is Jack holding when he falls asleep on the night Mother dies?
3. Who suggests Jack find a job?
4. In which specific extracurricular activity does Julie excel?
5. Where does Jack go after refusing to strip to be examined to play the sex game?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack's acne problem affect him socially?
2. What do Julie and Jack do with sand and how long does it take?
3. What does Julie tell Jack she imagines will happen between Father and Tom as Father's health declines?
4. After they go back inside the house, what plans for Mother's body do the three older siblings discuss?
5. What happens when Tom points out his bully to Jack?
6. What happens to the garden after Father's first heart attack?
7. How do the siblings tell Tom that Mother has died?
8. What, specifically, do Jack and Julie do to provide Mother with an eternal resting place?
9. How does Jack release tension in the garden at the beginning of Chapter 4? Why does he stop?
10. Who is present during Father's final heart attack and why is it initially unnoticed?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)