|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs out of the room crying when the dead mother rolls out of bed?
2. What are Julie's extracurricular activities?
3. Who begins to resist the family game?
4. Who is sunbathing in Chapter 4?
5. Where do Jack and Julie put Mother's body?
(a) In a trunk.
(b) In a wheel barrow.
(c) In the garden.
(d) Under a sledgehammer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives a science fiction novel as a birthday gift?
2. Who tells Jack to clean up before eating cake?
3. Which character is two years younger than Jack?
4. What does Jack do when the person he sees in the window calls to him?
5. Which of the siblings has more friends at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, specifically, do Jack and Julie do to provide Mother with an eternal resting place?
2. When and why does the sexual game the three siblings play stop?
3. What do Julie and Jack do with sand and how long does it take?
4. Discuss the dialog between Julie and Jack when Julie tells him that Mother has died.
5. Where does the family celebrate Jack's birthday and why?
6. Why, in Chapter 2, does Jack begin to avoid Mother?
7. When the children are in the garden discussing what to now that Mother has died, what specifically do they discuss?
8. Why did Jack fake being sick when he was 8 and what happened when he got home?
9. Who is present during Father's final heart attack and why is it initially unnoticed?
10. What do Jack and his sisters do for fun on the night their parents argue in Chapter 1?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)