|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character hangs out with bad girls?
2. Who begins to resist the family game?
3. Who does not cry as they wait to tell the others about Mother's death?
4. Who tells Jack to clean up before eating cake?
5. Who runs out of the room crying when the dead mother rolls out of bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do after the ambulance takes his father?
2. Which child actually brings friends home to play?
3. Who gets beaten up after the bully is threatened in Chapter 4?
4. Who is stripped and examined by kids as part of a game?
5. Who says there should be a funeral for Mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What birthday request does Jack make that gets denied by his mother?
2. What does the family do to celebrate Jack's birthday?
3. Why, in Chapter 2, does Jack begin to avoid Mother?
4. After they go back inside the house, what plans for Mother's body do the three older siblings discuss?
5. How do the siblings tell Tom that Mother has died?
6. Why does Tom get picked on at school?
7. Discuss the dialog between Julie and Jack when Julie tells him that Mother has died.
8. What happens when it is Jack's turn in the game he plays with his sisters on the night their parents argue in Chapter 1?
9. What happens when Julie covers Mother's body with a sheet?
10. Where does the family celebrate Jack's birthday and why?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)