|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hit Tom in Chapter 8 and made him cry?
2. What do Jack, Julie, and Tom go buy?
(b) Air fresheners.
(d) A packet of cement.
3. Who tries to lighten the conversation in the pool hall when someone gets upset?
(a) Chas and Greg.
(b) Chas, Derek, and Greg.
(c) Jack and Derek.
4. What does Jack try to pull off of Tom at dinner one night in Chapter 9?
(a) His dress.
(b) A wig.
(c) A bib.
(d) His father's glasses.
5. Why doesn't Jack tell Julie what happened at the pool hall?
(a) She is mad and won't listen to him.
(b) She is too busy with Tom.
(c) He is afraid she will seek revenge.
(d) She tells him it's past his bedtime.
6. When jealous over Julie's boyfriend, who does Jack ask to play the sex game?
7. After Mother's body is hidden, who begins writing to Mother?
8. How old is Derek?
9. After his mother's death, what does Jack do each morning and afternoon?
(b) Plays strip poker.
(c) Steals from the shops.
10. What do the siblings see when they look out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Derek driving away.
(b) Birds flying away.
(c) The crashed garden.
(d) Neighbors staring at the house.
11. Who insists on sealing the trunk?
12. Who told Tom Mother's whereabouts?
13. Who raves about Derek after his dinner visit in Chapter 7?
14. Who defecated on him/herself during the siblings' games when their parents left them alone two years previously?
15. What does the woman Jack runs into in the shops think of him?
(a) That he is a girl.
(b) That he is adorable.
(c) That he is lost.
(d) That he is homeless.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the trunk is sealed, what do the children make?
2. Who punches Jack for being naked?
3. What makes Jack smile after being punched?
4. What do the siblings hear at the end of Chapter 10?
5. Who is the parking valet guy at the pool hall?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)