|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom wearing while Sue and Julie laugh?
(a) A dress.
(b) A silly hat.
(c) A fake beard.
(d) A wig.
2. Who does Derek tell Jack that he (Jack) is like?
3. What does Tom wear while the others prepare dinner?
(a) His pajamas.
(b) Julie's bikini.
(c) Sue's skirt.
(d) Jack's hat.
4. In his nightmare, what is Jack doing while Mother is talking?
5. Who has been waiting about an hour to play Derek in pool?
(d) The owner.
6. Why do the girls dress up Tom?
(a) Julie thinks it will make him happy.
(b) To trick Jack.
(c) To teach him a lesson.
(d) Just to harass him.
7. Who raves about Derek after his dinner visit in Chapter 7?
8. What does Jack slam with a rock when he takes an angry walk through the garden?
(a) A frog.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A worm.
(d) A ladybug.
9. Who does Jack try to talk to about his nightmare?
10. Who feels sick and wants to leave the pool hall?
11. What did Jack ask Sue to let him read in Chapter 8?
(a) Part of her diary.
(b) A poem she wrote for school.
(c) One of her old sci-fi books.
(d) Her new book.
12. Who walks in on Jack and Julie as they are naked in Tom's room?
13. Who is Julie holding when Jack returns from the pool hall?
(b) Jack's dog.
14. Why does Jack think one of the girls has been in the cellar when he goes there in Chapter 7?
(a) There is a red stool by the trunk.
(b) Julie left her tanning lotion.
(c) Sue left her diary.
(d) He smells hairspray.
15. Who punches Jack for being naked?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to see that one of the siblings is writing to their dead Mother?
2. Who sees Jack slam an object when he takes an angry walk through the garden?
3. In Chapter 7, where do Julie and Derek go after dinner?
4. What awakens Jack after his disappointing visit to the shops?
5. What does Derek initially think is the cause of the smell in Jack's house?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)