|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hit Tom in Chapter 8 and made him cry?
2. What is Derek's economic status?
(a) He is also poor.
(b) He is a professional pool player.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He has a job as a grocery clerk.
3. Who defecated on him/herself during the siblings' games when their parents left them alone two years previously?
4. Who says Jack should be locked up?
(d) Jack himself.
5. What does Derek do before leaving the house in Chapter 10?
(a) Breaks up the concrete.
(b) Hits Sue.
(c) Has sex with Sue.
(d) Forces sex with Julie.
6. In his nightmare, what is Jack doing while Mother is talking?
7. Who does Jack want to read his book?
(a) Tom and his friends.
(b) Julie and Sue.
8. What do the siblings see when they look out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Derek driving away.
(b) The crashed garden.
(c) Birds flying away.
(d) Neighbors staring at the house.
9. What does Jack read in Chapter 7?
(a) Sue's diary.
(b) Julie's health book.
(c) His sci-fi novel for the first time.
(d) His sci-fi novel...again.
10. What do Jack, Julie, and Tom go buy?
(b) Air fresheners.
(d) A packet of cement.
11. Who does Derek tell Jack that he (Jack) is like?
12. Who is the parking valet guy at the pool hall?
(a) The owner.
13. What does Julie encourage Jack to put in his mouth when they are hugging in Tom's room?
(a) Her thumb.
(b) Her nipple.
(c) A toy.
(d) A pacifier.
14. Who does Julie confide in about her all night dates with Derek?
(d) A friend from school.
15. After his mother's death, what does Jack do each morning and afternoon?
(a) Plays strip poker.
(c) Steals from the shops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Derek initially think is the cause of the smell in Jack's house?
2. What do Jack's hands begin to smell like in Chapter 9?
3. While in the cellar in Chapter 7, what is it that Jack has forgotten?
4. What makes Jack smile after being punched?
5. What object is the focus of Jack's nightmares?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)