|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does most of the talking when Derek comes to dinner in Chapter 7?
(c) Tom and Sue.
(d) Sue and Julie.
2. Who told Tom Mother's whereabouts?
3. What actually is the smell coming from Jack's house?
(a) The garbage.
(b) Jack's dog.
(c) The drain.
(d) Mother's body.
4. What do the siblings hear at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Voices in their heads.
(b) Mother's voice.
(c) Footsteps on the stairs.
5. For what occasion did Mother and Father leave the siblings alone two years previously?
(a) To go to a movie.
(b) To attend a funeral.
(c) For an anniversary dinner date.
(d) To go Christmas shopping.
6. In his nightmare, what is Jack doing while Mother is talking?
7. What do Jack, Julie, and Tom go buy?
(a) Air fresheners.
(c) A packet of cement.
8. What does Derek initially think is the cause of the smell in Jack's house?
(a) A rotting corpse.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) The garbage.
(d) The drain.
9. What does Jack try to pull off of Tom at dinner one night in Chapter 9?
(a) A bib.
(b) His father's glasses.
(c) His dress.
(d) A wig.
10. Who does Jack want to read his book?
(a) Tom and his friends.
(c) Julie and Sue.
11. What does Sue say is causing the faint smell in the house?
(c) Jack's dog.
12. Who does Jack almost hit in the back of the head when arguing during dinner in Chapter 9?
13. What does Jack slam with a rock when he takes an angry walk through the garden?
(a) A ladybug.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A worm.
(d) A frog.
14. Who does Jack try to talk to about his nightmare?
15. Who punches Jack for being naked?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the item cost that Tom is wearing as Sue and Julie laugh?
2. What does Derek drive?
3. Who is the first to see that one of the siblings is writing to their dead Mother?
4. Why is Derek coming over in Chapter 7?
5. Who begins to warm up to Jack as he tries to conquer his hand odor?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)