|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Jack fear he has?
(d) Macular degeneration.
2. What awakens Jack after his disappointing visit to the shops?
(a) Mother's voice calling to him.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) Tom's crying.
(d) Sue and Julie's laughter.
3. Where does Derek take Jack to play?
(d) Chas' .
4. Who is watching Julie and Jack have sexual intercourse?
5. Who does Jack want to read his book?
(a) Tom and his friends.
(c) Julie and Sue.
6. Who punches Jack for being naked?
7. What do the siblings see when they look out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Neighbors staring at the house.
(b) Derek driving away.
(c) The crashed garden.
(d) Birds flying away.
8. Who applies the seal to the trunk?
9. Who does Julie say is a mama's boy?
10. Who is the first to see that one of the siblings is writing to their dead Mother?
11. Who says Jack should be locked up?
(b) Jack himself.
12. Who insists on sealing the trunk?
13. What does Derek initially think is the cause of the smell in Jack's house?
(a) A rotting corpse.
(b) The garbage.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) The drain.
14. What does Julie encourage Jack to put in his mouth when they are hugging in Tom's room?
(a) Her nipple.
(b) A pacifier.
(c) Her thumb.
(d) A toy.
15. Why don't Tom's friends tease him about what he is wearing while the other siblings prepare dinner?
(a) He is pretending to be Julie.
(b) They are afraid Jack will hit them if they do.
(c) He will hit them if they do.
(d) They all want to dress up too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity stops when Jack's hands begin to smell?
2. What does Derek do before leaving the house in Chapter 10?
3. What does Jack wonder about in Chapter 7, after he realizes what he's forgotten?
4. What did Jack ask Sue to let him read in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 7, where do Julie and Derek go after dinner?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)