|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, where do Julie and Derek go after dinner?
(a) To a movie.
(b) To her bedroom.
(d) To a club.
2. Who feels sick and wants to leave the pool hall?
3. Who is the parking valet guy at the pool hall?
(c) The owner.
4. After his mother's death, what does Jack do each morning and afternoon?
(c) Plays strip poker.
(d) Steals from the shops.
5. What object is the focus of Jack's nightmares?
(d) Cement bag.
6. Why is Derek coming over in Chapter 7?
(a) For tea.
(b) To talk to Tom.
(c) To collect money.
(d) To have a man to man talk with Jack.
7. Why doesn't Jack tell Julie what happened at the pool hall?
(a) She tells him it's past his bedtime.
(b) She is mad and won't listen to him.
(c) He is afraid she will seek revenge.
(d) She is too busy with Tom.
8. When jealous over Julie's boyfriend, who does Jack ask to play the sex game?
9. After the trunk is sealed, what do the children make?
10. What is Tom wearing while Sue and Julie laugh?
(a) A silly hat.
(b) A dress.
(c) A fake beard.
(d) A wig.
11. What does Jack argue with his siblings about over dinner in Chapter 9?
(a) Lumpy potatoes.
(b) The meatloaf.
(c) When it last rained.
(d) The day's headlines.
12. For what occasion did Mother and Father leave the siblings alone two years previously?
(a) To go Christmas shopping.
(b) For an anniversary dinner date.
(c) To go to a movie.
(d) To attend a funeral.
13. Who tries to lighten the conversation in the pool hall when someone gets upset?
(a) Chas and Greg.
(b) Chas, Derek, and Greg.
(c) Jack and Derek.
14. Who is Julie holding when Jack returns from the pool hall?
(d) Jack's dog.
15. Who was tied to a brass cot two years ago when their parents left them alone for a short while?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Tom Mother's whereabouts?
2. Who does Julie confide in about her all night dates with Derek?
3. What actually is the smell coming from Jack's house?
4. What does Julie say is dead in the basement?
5. What positive effect does the smell of Jack's hands have?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)