|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack argue with his siblings about over dinner in Chapter 9?
(a) The day's headlines.
(b) When it last rained.
(c) The meatloaf.
(d) Lumpy potatoes.
2. What do the siblings hear at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Footsteps on the stairs.
(b) Mother's voice.
(d) Voices in their heads.
3. What disease does Jack fear he has?
(d) Macular degeneration.
4. What kind of games did the children play two years ago when their parents left them alone for a short while?
5. How does Julie say she feels physically when she goes into the cellar?
6. What does Jack read in Chapter 7?
(a) Sue's diary.
(b) Julie's health book.
(c) His sci-fi novel...again.
(d) His sci-fi novel for the first time.
7. In his nightmare, what is Jack doing while Mother is talking?
8. After his mother's death, what does Jack do each morning and afternoon?
(b) Steals from the shops.
(d) Plays strip poker.
9. How much did the item cost that Tom is wearing as Sue and Julie laugh?
(a) 38 pounds.
(b) 9 pounds.
(c) 120 pounds.
(d) 2 pounds.
10. Where is Jack's acne spreading?
(a) To his neck.
(b) To his groin area.
(c) To his ears.
(d) To his back.
11. Why doesn't Jack tell Julie what happened at the pool hall?
(a) He is afraid she will seek revenge.
(b) She is too busy with Tom.
(c) She tells him it's past his bedtime.
(d) She is mad and won't listen to him.
12. Why is Tom crying in Chapter 10?
(a) He wants Sue to dress him up.
(b) He knows about Mother.
(c) To get Julie's attention.
(d) He wants Jack to play with him.
13. Who has been waiting about an hour to play Derek in pool?
(d) The owner.
14. What does Jack try to pull off of Tom at dinner one night in Chapter 9?
(a) His father's glasses.
(b) His dress.
(c) A wig.
(d) A bib.
15. What do the children eat for a week after their mother dies?
(a) Pizza take-out.
(b) Chinese take-out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the siblings see when they look out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
2. Who tries to lighten the conversation in the pool hall when someone gets upset?
3. What does Derek initially think is the cause of the smell in Jack's house?
4. What does Tom wear while the others prepare dinner?
5. Who asks in Chapter 9 if their mother's resting place was the right decision?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)