|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to warm up to Jack as he tries to conquer his hand odor?
2. Why doesn't Jack tell Julie what happened at the pool hall?
(a) She tells him it's past his bedtime.
(b) She is too busy with Tom.
(c) He is afraid she will seek revenge.
(d) She is mad and won't listen to him.
3. Who does most of the talking when Derek comes to dinner in Chapter 7?
(a) Tom and Sue.
(c) Sue and Julie.
4. Who applies the seal to the trunk?
5. Who bought the item that Tom is wearing as Sue and Julie laugh?
(b) One of Julie's boyfriends.
(c) Mother before her death.
6. What disease does Jack fear he has?
(b) Macular degeneration.
7. For what occasion did Mother and Father leave the siblings alone two years previously?
(a) To attend a funeral.
(b) For an anniversary dinner date.
(c) To go to a movie.
(d) To go Christmas shopping.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how many weeks have passed since Mother's death?
(a) Four or more.
9. What activity begins when Jack's hands begin to smell?
(a) Eating mints.
(b) Burning candles.
(c) Obsessive washing.
(d) Spraying air freshener.
10. What is Derek's economic status?
(a) He is a professional pool player.
(b) He has a job as a grocery clerk.
(c) He is also poor.
(d) He is rich.
11. After Mother's body is hidden, who begins writing to Mother?
12. What does Jack slam with a rock when he takes an angry walk through the garden?
(a) A frog.
(b) A worm.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A ladybug.
13. Who sees Jack slam an object when he takes an angry walk through the garden?
14. Who raves about Derek after his dinner visit in Chapter 7?
15. What did Jack ask Sue to let him read in Chapter 8?
(a) A poem she wrote for school.
(b) Her new book.
(c) One of her old sci-fi books.
(d) Part of her diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who feels sick and wants to leave the pool hall?
2. Where does Derek take Jack to play?
3. How does Julie say she mentally feels when she goes into the cellar?
4. What activity stops when Jack's hands begin to smell?
5. Why does Jack think one of the girls has been in the cellar when he goes there in Chapter 7?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)