|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Derek tell Jack that he (Jack) is like?
2. What does Sue say is causing the faint smell in the house?
(d) Jack's dog.
3. What does Jack try to pull off of Tom at dinner one night in Chapter 9?
(a) His father's glasses.
(b) A bib.
(c) A wig.
(d) His dress.
4. Where does Derek take Jack to play?
(a) Chas' .
5. After his mother's death, what does Jack do each morning and afternoon?
(b) Steals from the shops.
(d) Plays strip poker.
6. What kind of games did the children play two years ago when their parents left them alone for a short while?
7. Who does Jack want to read his book?
(b) Julie and Sue.
(c) Tom and his friends.
8. Who says Jack should be locked up?
(a) Jack himself.
9. What did Jack ask Sue to let him read in Chapter 8?
(a) Her new book.
(b) One of her old sci-fi books.
(c) Part of her diary.
(d) A poem she wrote for school.
10. Who does Jack almost hit in the back of the head when arguing during dinner in Chapter 9?
11. Who feels sick and wants to leave the pool hall?
12. What disease does Jack fear he has?
(c) Macular degeneration.
13. Who applies the seal to the trunk?
14. Who insists on sealing the trunk?
15. What does Derek initially think is the cause of the smell in Jack's house?
(a) The drain.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) A rotting corpse.
(d) The garbage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom wearing when Derek arrives in Chapter 7?
2. What awakens Jack after his disappointing visit to the shops?
3. Why is Derek coming over in Chapter 7?
4. Where is Jack's mother in his nightmare?
5. Who walks in on Jack and Julie as they are naked in Tom's room?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)