|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Derek coming over in Chapter 7?
(a) To collect money.
(b) To talk to Tom.
(c) For tea.
(d) To have a man to man talk with Jack.
2. Why do the girls dress up Tom?
(a) To trick Jack.
(b) Just to harass him.
(c) To teach him a lesson.
(d) Julie thinks it will make him happy.
3. What do the children eat for a week after their mother dies?
(b) Pizza take-out.
(c) Chinese take-out.
4. What does Jack wonder about in Chapter 7, after he realizes what he's forgotten?
(a) If his family is normal.
(b) Why he would even come into the cellar to begin with.
(c) Why he reads when his life is such a mess anyway.
(d) If hiding Mother was a good idea and if they should split up.
5. Where is Jack's acne spreading?
(a) To his back.
(b) To his groin area.
(c) To his ears.
(d) To his neck.
6. Who does Jack almost hit in the back of the head when arguing during dinner in Chapter 9?
7. What disease does Jack fear he has?
(b) Macular degeneration.
8. Where does Derek take Jack to play?
(d) Chas' .
9. Who does Jack try to talk to about his nightmare?
10. What does Sue's diary say about Jack?
(a) She admires him.
(b) He is violent and dirty.
(c) He is the best brother a girl could have.
(d) She doesn't understand him.
11. Who does Julie confide in about her all night dates with Derek?
(a) A friend from school.
12. After his mother's death, what does Jack do each morning and afternoon?
(a) Steals from the shops.
(b) Plays strip poker.
13. Who feels sick and wants to leave the pool hall?
14. Why don't Tom's friends tease him about what he is wearing while the other siblings prepare dinner?
(a) He is pretending to be Julie.
(b) They are afraid Jack will hit them if they do.
(c) He will hit them if they do.
(d) They all want to dress up too.
15. What does Jack slam with a rock when he takes an angry walk through the garden?
(a) A worm.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A ladybug.
(d) A frog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman Jack runs into in the shops think of him?
2. What does Derek do before leaving the house in Chapter 10?
3. What do Jack, Julie, and Tom go buy?
4. What does Derek drive?
5. How much did the item cost that Tom is wearing as Sue and Julie laugh?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)