|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the parking valet guy at the pool hall?
(a) The owner.
2. What is Derek's economic status?
(a) He is rich.
(b) He has a job as a grocery clerk.
(c) He is also poor.
(d) He is a professional pool player.
3. What does Jack wonder about in Chapter 7, after he realizes what he's forgotten?
(a) If his family is normal.
(b) Why he would even come into the cellar to begin with.
(c) If hiding Mother was a good idea and if they should split up.
(d) Why he reads when his life is such a mess anyway.
4. Who does Jack try to talk to about his nightmare?
5. What does Jack try to pull off of Tom at dinner one night in Chapter 9?
(a) A wig.
(b) A bib.
(c) His dress.
(d) His father's glasses.
6. Why is Tom crying in Chapter 10?
(a) He knows about Mother.
(b) He wants Sue to dress him up.
(c) To get Julie's attention.
(d) He wants Jack to play with him.
7. What did Jack ask Sue to let him read in Chapter 8?
(a) A poem she wrote for school.
(b) One of her old sci-fi books.
(c) Her new book.
(d) Part of her diary.
8. What is Tom wearing when Derek arrives in Chapter 7?
(a) His pajamas.
(b) Mother's bra.
(c) A wig and a dress.
(d) Father's hat.
9. Who is watching Julie and Jack have sexual intercourse?
10. What do the children eat for a week after their mother dies?
(b) Pizza take-out.
(c) Chinese take-out.
11. What does Sue say is causing the faint smell in the house?
(a) Jack's dog.
12. What does Derek drive?
(a) A sensible sedan.
(b) A van.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A sports car.
13. Who does Jack want to read his book?
(b) Tom and his friends.
(d) Julie and Sue.
14. Who does Jack almost hit in the back of the head when arguing during dinner in Chapter 9?
15. In Chapter 9, how is Tom acting?
(a) Like an old woman.
(b) Like an old man.
(c) Like a girl.
(d) Like a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mother's body is hidden, who begins writing to Mother?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how many weeks have passed since Mother's death?
3. Who says Jack should be locked up?
4. What awakens Jack after his disappointing visit to the shops?
5. Where is Jack's mother in his nightmare?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)