|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Derek do before leaving the house in Chapter 10?
(a) Breaks up the concrete.
(b) Hits Sue.
(c) Has sex with Sue.
(d) Forces sex with Julie.
2. Who is watching Julie and Jack have sexual intercourse?
3. At what age did Derek start playing pool at his favorite hall?
4. After Mother's body is hidden, who begins writing to Mother?
5. What does Derek initially think is the cause of the smell in Jack's house?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) The drain.
(c) A rotting corpse.
(d) The garbage.
6. When jealous over Julie's boyfriend, who does Jack ask to play the sex game?
7. In Chapter 10, Julie and Jack are talking in Tom's room. Jack wants to run. What does Julie notice?
(a) Jack's acne.
(b) Jack's bruise.
(c) Jack's erection.
(d) Jack's odor.
8. What do Jack, Julie, and Tom go buy?
(a) A packet of cement.
(d) Air fresheners.
9. What is Tom wearing when Derek arrives in Chapter 7?
(a) A wig and a dress.
(b) His pajamas.
(c) Mother's bra.
(d) Father's hat.
10. How does Julie say she feels physically when she goes into the cellar?
11. What did Jack ask Sue to let him read in Chapter 8?
(a) A poem she wrote for school.
(b) One of her old sci-fi books.
(c) Her new book.
(d) Part of her diary.
12. In his nightmare, what is Jack doing while Mother is talking?
13. Who feels sick and wants to leave the pool hall?
14. Who does Derek tell Jack that he (Jack) is like?
15. Who was tied to a brass cot two years ago when their parents left them alone for a short while?
Short Answer Questions
1. After his mother's death, what does Jack do each morning and afternoon?
2. What does Jack read in Chapter 7?
3. What do Jack's hands begin to smell like in Chapter 9?
4. What does Julie encourage Jack to put in his mouth when they are hugging in Tom's room?
5. Who does Julie say is a mama's boy?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)