|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, where do Julie and Derek go after dinner?
(a) To her bedroom.
(c) To a movie.
(d) To a club.
2. What does Julie say is dead in the basement?
(a) A dog.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A nest of rats.
3. What fills the house within a week after Mother dies?
4. What does Derek do before leaving the house in Chapter 10?
(a) Has sex with Sue.
(b) Breaks up the concrete.
(c) Forces sex with Julie.
(d) Hits Sue.
5. What does Jack read in Chapter 7?
(a) Sue's diary.
(b) Julie's health book.
(c) His sci-fi novel for the first time.
(d) His sci-fi novel...again.
6. Who says Jack should be locked up?
(c) Jack himself.
7. Who does Jack try to talk to about his nightmare?
8. What do the children eat for a week after their mother dies?
(a) Chinese take-out.
(c) Pizza take-out.
9. Why is Derek coming over in Chapter 7?
(a) For tea.
(b) To have a man to man talk with Jack.
(c) To collect money.
(d) To talk to Tom.
10. Who defecated on him/herself during the siblings' games when their parents left them alone two years previously?
11. What is Tom wearing while Sue and Julie laugh?
(a) A silly hat.
(b) A dress.
(c) A wig.
(d) A fake beard.
12. What awakens Jack after his disappointing visit to the shops?
(a) Mother's voice calling to him.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) Tom's crying.
(d) Sue and Julie's laughter.
13. What does Sue say is causing the faint smell in the house?
(b) Jack's dog.
14. Why does Jack think one of the girls has been in the cellar when he goes there in Chapter 7?
(a) He smells hairspray.
(b) There is a red stool by the trunk.
(c) Sue left her diary.
(d) Julie left her tanning lotion.
15. What does Tom wear while the others prepare dinner?
(a) Julie's bikini.
(b) Jack's hat.
(c) Sue's skirt.
(d) His pajamas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jack's hands begin to smell like in Chapter 9?
2. What do Jack, Julie, and Tom go buy?
3. Who does Jack want to read his book?
4. What does Julie encourage Jack to put in his mouth when they are hugging in Tom's room?
5. Who feels sick and wants to leave the pool hall?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)