|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack read in Chapter 7?
(a) Sue's diary.
(b) His sci-fi novel for the first time.
(c) Julie's health book.
(d) His sci-fi novel...again.
2. What kind of games did the children play two years ago when their parents left them alone for a short while?
3. Who sees Jack slam an object when he takes an angry walk through the garden?
4. What is Tom wearing while Sue and Julie laugh?
(a) A dress.
(b) A wig.
(c) A fake beard.
(d) A silly hat.
5. Who hit Tom in Chapter 8 and made him cry?
6. Why is Tom crying in Chapter 10?
(a) He knows about Mother.
(b) He wants Sue to dress him up.
(c) To get Julie's attention.
(d) He wants Jack to play with him.
7. When jealous over Julie's boyfriend, who does Jack ask to play the sex game?
8. What does Jack wonder about in Chapter 7, after he realizes what he's forgotten?
(a) Why he would even come into the cellar to begin with.
(b) Why he reads when his life is such a mess anyway.
(c) If hiding Mother was a good idea and if they should split up.
(d) If his family is normal.
9. Where is Jack's acne spreading?
(a) To his groin area.
(b) To his back.
(c) To his neck.
(d) To his ears.
10. What positive effect does the smell of Jack's hands have?
(a) The mint store is making profits.
(b) He begins to clean himself.
(c) He learns the positive effects of cleaning house.
(d) He learns to enjoy candles.
11. When they were left alone two years ago, how much time did the children take to clean up before their parents return?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
12. Where is Jack's mother in his nightmare?
(a) Sitting in an armchair.
(b) Under a bunch of empty cement bags.
(c) Sitting on his bed.
(d) Lying in bed with him.
13. Who does Julie say is a mama's boy?
14. What does Tom wear while the others prepare dinner?
(a) Jack's hat.
(b) Julie's bikini.
(c) His pajamas.
(d) Sue's skirt.
15. Who told Tom Mother's whereabouts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue's diary say about Jack?
2. In Chapter 7, where do Julie and Derek go after dinner?
3. Who feels sick and wants to leave the pool hall?
4. Who does Julie confide in about her all night dates with Derek?
5. Who bought the item that Tom is wearing as Sue and Julie laugh?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)