|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What awakens Jack after his disappointing visit to the shops?
(a) Mother's voice calling to him.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) Tom's crying.
(d) Sue and Julie's laughter.
2. Why doesn't Jack tell Julie what happened at the pool hall?
(a) He is afraid she will seek revenge.
(b) She is too busy with Tom.
(c) She tells him it's past his bedtime.
(d) She is mad and won't listen to him.
3. Who raves about Derek after his dinner visit in Chapter 7?
4. Why don't Tom's friends tease him about what he is wearing while the other siblings prepare dinner?
(a) They all want to dress up too.
(b) They are afraid Jack will hit them if they do.
(c) He is pretending to be Julie.
(d) He will hit them if they do.
5. For what occasion did Mother and Father leave the siblings alone two years previously?
(a) To attend a funeral.
(b) For an anniversary dinner date.
(c) To go to a movie.
(d) To go Christmas shopping.
6. In Chapter 9, how is Tom acting?
(a) Like a girl.
(b) Like a baby.
(c) Like an old woman.
(d) Like an old man.
7. Who does Jack want to read his book?
(a) Tom and his friends.
(b) Julie and Sue.
8. What is Tom wearing when Derek arrives in Chapter 7?
(a) His pajamas.
(b) Mother's bra.
(c) Father's hat.
(d) A wig and a dress.
9. What disease does Jack fear he has?
(d) Macular degeneration.
10. While in the cellar in Chapter 7, what is it that Jack has forgotten?
(a) What his mother looked like.
(b) Where they put Mother.
(c) Where he left his book.
(d) Why he went down there in the first place.
11. Where does Derek take Jack to play?
(b) Chas' .
12. After Mother's body is hidden, who begins writing to Mother?
13. What does Jack read in Chapter 7?
(a) Sue's diary.
(b) His sci-fi novel...again.
(c) His sci-fi novel for the first time.
(d) Julie's health book.
14. What does Julie encourage Jack to put in his mouth when they are hugging in Tom's room?
(a) Her thumb.
(b) A toy.
(c) A pacifier.
(d) Her nipple.
15. What does Derek drive?
(a) A sensible sedan.
(b) A sports car.
(c) A van.
(d) A motorcycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack slam with a rock when he takes an angry walk through the garden?
2. Who sees Jack slam an object when he takes an angry walk through the garden?
3. What positive effect does the smell of Jack's hands have?
4. Who has been waiting about an hour to play Derek in pool?
5. Who is the parking valet guy at the pool hall?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)