|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jack's mother in his nightmare?
(a) Sitting in an armchair.
(b) Lying in bed with him.
(c) Sitting on his bed.
(d) Under a bunch of empty cement bags.
2. What do the siblings hear at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Footsteps on the stairs.
(b) Mother's voice.
(d) Voices in their heads.
3. Who says Jack should be locked up?
(b) Jack himself.
4. Where is Jack's acne spreading?
(a) To his ears.
(b) To his back.
(c) To his groin area.
(d) To his neck.
5. Who hit Tom in Chapter 8 and made him cry?
6. What makes Jack smile after being punched?
(a) Julie's tanned breasts.
(b) Sue's affection.
(d) Tom's jealousy.
7. Why don't Tom's friends tease him about what he is wearing while the other siblings prepare dinner?
(a) They are afraid Jack will hit them if they do.
(b) He will hit them if they do.
(c) They all want to dress up too.
(d) He is pretending to be Julie.
8. What awakens Jack after his disappointing visit to the shops?
(a) Tom's crying.
(b) Mother's voice calling to him.
(c) Sue and Julie's laughter.
(d) A nightmare.
9. What does Jack argue with his siblings about over dinner in Chapter 9?
(a) The day's headlines.
(b) When it last rained.
(c) Lumpy potatoes.
(d) The meatloaf.
10. What do the siblings see when they look out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Birds flying away.
(b) Neighbors staring at the house.
(c) The crashed garden.
(d) Derek driving away.
11. How old is Derek?
12. What positive effect does the smell of Jack's hands have?
(a) He begins to clean himself.
(b) The mint store is making profits.
(c) He learns to enjoy candles.
(d) He learns the positive effects of cleaning house.
13. What does Derek do before leaving the house in Chapter 10?
(a) Forces sex with Julie.
(b) Has sex with Sue.
(c) Breaks up the concrete.
(d) Hits Sue.
14. What do Jack, Julie, and Tom go buy?
(a) Air fresheners.
(b) A packet of cement.
15. What does Sue's diary say about Jack?
(a) He is violent and dirty.
(b) She admires him.
(c) He is the best brother a girl could have.
(d) She doesn't understand him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to warm up to Jack as he tries to conquer his hand odor?
2. After his mother's death, what does Jack do each morning and afternoon?
3. What disease does Jack fear he has?
4. In his nightmare, what is Jack doing while Mother is talking?
5. Who is Julie holding when Jack returns from the pool hall?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)