|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack argue with his siblings about over dinner in Chapter 9?
(a) The day's headlines.
(b) Lumpy potatoes.
(c) When it last rained.
(d) The meatloaf.
2. Why do the girls dress up Tom?
(a) To teach him a lesson.
(b) Julie thinks it will make him happy.
(c) Just to harass him.
(d) To trick Jack.
3. What is Tom wearing while Sue and Julie laugh?
(a) A dress.
(b) A fake beard.
(c) A wig.
(d) A silly hat.
4. For what occasion did Mother and Father leave the siblings alone two years previously?
(a) To go Christmas shopping.
(b) For an anniversary dinner date.
(c) To go to a movie.
(d) To attend a funeral.
5. Who told Tom Mother's whereabouts?
6. Who walks in on Jack and Julie as they are naked in Tom's room?
7. What does Derek drive?
(a) A sensible sedan.
(b) A van.
(c) A sports car.
(d) A motorcycle.
8. What does Jack slam with a rock when he takes an angry walk through the garden?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A ladybug.
(c) A worm.
(d) A frog.
9. Who is the parking valet guy at the pool hall?
(d) The owner.
10. What is Tom wearing when Derek arrives in Chapter 7?
(a) Mother's bra.
(b) A wig and a dress.
(c) His pajamas.
(d) Father's hat.
11. What does Derek initially think is the cause of the smell in Jack's house?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) The drain.
(c) The garbage.
(d) A rotting corpse.
12. Who hit Tom in Chapter 8 and made him cry?
13. Who bought the item that Tom is wearing as Sue and Julie laugh?
(a) Mother before her death.
(d) One of Julie's boyfriends.
14. Who punches Jack for being naked?
15. How old is Derek?
Short Answer Questions
1. What object is the focus of Jack's nightmares?
2. Who asks in Chapter 9 if their mother's resting place was the right decision?
3. Why don't Tom's friends tease him about what he is wearing while the other siblings prepare dinner?
4. What kind of games did the children play two years ago when their parents left them alone for a short while?
5. What actually is the smell coming from Jack's house?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)