|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie encourage Jack to put in his mouth when they are hugging in Tom's room?
(a) Her nipple.
(b) A pacifier.
(c) Her thumb.
(d) A toy.
2. What does Julie say is dead in the basement?
(a) A dog.
(b) A nest of rats.
(c) A squirrel.
3. Who insists on sealing the trunk?
4. Who was tied to a brass cot two years ago when their parents left them alone for a short while?
5. What is Derek's economic status?
(a) He has a job as a grocery clerk.
(b) He is rich.
(c) He is also poor.
(d) He is a professional pool player.
6. Where is Jack's mother in his nightmare?
(a) Sitting on his bed.
(b) Lying in bed with him.
(c) Under a bunch of empty cement bags.
(d) Sitting in an armchair.
7. In his nightmare, what is Jack doing while Mother is talking?
8. What disease does Jack fear he has?
(b) Macular degeneration.
9. Who sees Jack slam an object when he takes an angry walk through the garden?
10. Why is Derek coming over in Chapter 7?
(a) To collect money.
(b) For tea.
(c) To talk to Tom.
(d) To have a man to man talk with Jack.
11. Why do the girls dress up Tom?
(a) To trick Jack.
(b) To teach him a lesson.
(c) Julie thinks it will make him happy.
(d) Just to harass him.
12. Where does Derek take Jack to play?
(d) Chas' .
13. What does Sue's diary say about Jack?
(a) He is violent and dirty.
(b) She admires him.
(c) She doesn't understand him.
(d) He is the best brother a girl could have.
14. What is Tom wearing while Sue and Julie laugh?
(a) A silly hat.
(b) A wig.
(c) A fake beard.
(d) A dress.
15. What does the woman Jack runs into in the shops think of him?
(a) That he is a girl.
(b) That he is lost.
(c) That he is homeless.
(d) That he is adorable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack think one of the girls has been in the cellar when he goes there in Chapter 7?
2. How old is Derek?
3. Where is Jack's acne spreading?
4. What did Jack ask Sue to let him read in Chapter 8?
5. What does Jack argue with his siblings about over dinner in Chapter 9?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)