|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jack almost hit in the back of the head when arguing during dinner in Chapter 9?
2. After Mother's body is hidden, who begins writing to Mother?
3. Who asks in Chapter 9 if their mother's resting place was the right decision?
4. What positive effect does the smell of Jack's hands have?
(a) He learns the positive effects of cleaning house.
(b) The mint store is making profits.
(c) He learns to enjoy candles.
(d) He begins to clean himself.
5. Who calls for Julie when she is having sex with Jack?
6. Who tries to lighten the conversation in the pool hall when someone gets upset?
(a) Chas and Greg.
(b) Jack and Derek.
(c) Chas, Derek, and Greg.
7. Who says Jack should be locked up?
(a) Jack himself.
8. Who does most of the talking when Derek comes to dinner in Chapter 7?
(a) Sue and Julie.
(c) Tom and Sue.
9. What does Jack wonder about in Chapter 7, after he realizes what he's forgotten?
(a) Why he would even come into the cellar to begin with.
(b) Why he reads when his life is such a mess anyway.
(c) If his family is normal.
(d) If hiding Mother was a good idea and if they should split up.
10. Why is Derek coming over in Chapter 7?
(a) To talk to Tom.
(b) To collect money.
(c) To have a man to man talk with Jack.
(d) For tea.
11. When they were left alone two years ago, how much time did the children take to clean up before their parents return?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
12. What actually is the smell coming from Jack's house?
(a) Jack's dog.
(b) The garbage.
(c) Mother's body.
(d) The drain.
13. Who walks in on Jack and Julie as they are naked in Tom's room?
14. Who punches Jack for being naked?
15. What do Jack, Julie, and Tom go buy?
(c) Air fresheners.
(d) A packet of cement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Julie holding when Jack returns from the pool hall?
2. Who does Julie say is a mama's boy?
3. Where is Jack's acne spreading?
4. In Chapter 10, Julie and Jack are talking in Tom's room. Jack wants to run. What does Julie notice?
5. What does Derek do before leaving the house in Chapter 10?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)