|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Julie holding when Jack returns from the pool hall?
(c) Jack's dog.
2. Who sees Jack slam an object when he takes an angry walk through the garden?
3. Who raves about Derek after his dinner visit in Chapter 7?
4. What does Sue say is causing the faint smell in the house?
(a) Jack's dog.
5. What kind of games did the children play two years ago when their parents left them alone for a short while?
6. What do the children eat for a week after their mother dies?
(a) Chinese take-out.
(d) Pizza take-out.
7. What does Julie say is dead in the basement?
(a) A nest of rats.
(b) A squirrel.
(d) A dog.
8. Where is Jack's acne spreading?
(a) To his neck.
(b) To his back.
(c) To his groin area.
(d) To his ears.
9. Why doesn't Jack tell Julie what happened at the pool hall?
(a) She is too busy with Tom.
(b) She tells him it's past his bedtime.
(c) She is mad and won't listen to him.
(d) He is afraid she will seek revenge.
10. In his nightmare, what is Jack doing while Mother is talking?
11. Who is the first to see that one of the siblings is writing to their dead Mother?
12. Who has been waiting about an hour to play Derek in pool?
(a) The owner.
13. What does Tom wear while the others prepare dinner?
(a) Julie's bikini.
(b) His pajamas.
(c) Jack's hat.
(d) Sue's skirt.
14. Who hit Tom in Chapter 8 and made him cry?
15. What fills the house within a week after Mother dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Jack fear he has?
2. What does Derek do before leaving the house in Chapter 10?
3. Where is Jack's mother in his nightmare?
4. How much did the item cost that Tom is wearing as Sue and Julie laugh?
5. What does Julie encourage Jack to put in his mouth when they are hugging in Tom's room?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)