|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in the cellar in Chapter 7, what is it that Jack has forgotten?
(a) Where he left his book.
(b) Where they put Mother.
(c) Why he went down there in the first place.
(d) What his mother looked like.
2. What does Julie encourage Jack to put in his mouth when they are hugging in Tom's room?
(a) A toy.
(b) Her nipple.
(c) A pacifier.
(d) Her thumb.
3. What does Sue say is causing the faint smell in the house?
(b) Jack's dog.
4. Who tries to lighten the conversation in the pool hall when someone gets upset?
(a) Chas, Derek, and Greg.
(b) Chas and Greg.
(d) Jack and Derek.
5. What happens to the fresh food Julie buys for the family?
(a) It is stolen.
(b) She burns it when cooking.
(c) It rots.
(d) They eat it all quickly.
6. Why is Derek coming over in Chapter 7?
(a) To collect money.
(b) For tea.
(c) To have a man to man talk with Jack.
(d) To talk to Tom.
7. Who walks in on Jack and Julie as they are naked in Tom's room?
8. What does Tom wear while the others prepare dinner?
(a) Jack's hat.
(b) Julie's bikini.
(c) His pajamas.
(d) Sue's skirt.
9. What activity begins when Jack's hands begin to smell?
(a) Eating mints.
(b) Spraying air freshener.
(c) Burning candles.
(d) Obsessive washing.
10. What does Derek do before leaving the house in Chapter 10?
(a) Has sex with Sue.
(b) Forces sex with Julie.
(c) Breaks up the concrete.
(d) Hits Sue.
11. Who does most of the talking when Derek comes to dinner in Chapter 7?
(a) Sue and Julie.
(d) Tom and Sue.
12. Where is Jack's mother in his nightmare?
(a) Sitting on his bed.
(b) Lying in bed with him.
(c) Under a bunch of empty cement bags.
(d) Sitting in an armchair.
13. What does Jack slam with a rock when he takes an angry walk through the garden?
(a) A worm.
(b) A ladybug.
(c) A frog.
(d) A butterfly.
14. After Mother's body is hidden, who begins writing to Mother?
15. How does Julie say she mentally feels when she goes into the cellar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jack ask Sue to let him read in Chapter 8?
2. How does Julie say she feels physically when she goes into the cellar?
3. What do the children eat for a week after their mother dies?
4. Who does Julie confide in about her all night dates with Derek?
5. In his nightmare, what is Jack doing while Mother is talking?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)