|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what occasion did Mother and Father leave the siblings alone two years previously?
(a) To go to a movie.
(b) To go Christmas shopping.
(c) To attend a funeral.
(d) For an anniversary dinner date.
2. What is Derek's economic status?
(a) He is rich.
(b) He is a professional pool player.
(c) He is also poor.
(d) He has a job as a grocery clerk.
3. What do the siblings hear at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Mother's voice.
(b) Voices in their heads.
(c) Footsteps on the stairs.
4. After his mother's death, what does Jack do each morning and afternoon?
(b) Steals from the shops.
(c) Plays strip poker.
5. What awakens Jack after his disappointing visit to the shops?
(a) Sue and Julie's laughter.
(b) Tom's crying.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) Mother's voice calling to him.
6. What does Jack slam with a rock when he takes an angry walk through the garden?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A worm.
(c) A ladybug.
(d) A frog.
7. What makes Jack smile after being punched?
(a) Tom's jealousy.
(b) Julie's tanned breasts.
(d) Sue's affection.
8. Who begins to warm up to Jack as he tries to conquer his hand odor?
9. What does the woman Jack runs into in the shops think of him?
(a) That he is homeless.
(b) That he is lost.
(c) That he is a girl.
(d) That he is adorable.
10. Who does most of the talking when Derek comes to dinner in Chapter 7?
(a) Sue and Julie.
(b) Tom and Sue.
11. Who is watching Julie and Jack have sexual intercourse?
12. What did Jack ask Sue to let him read in Chapter 8?
(a) A poem she wrote for school.
(b) Her new book.
(c) One of her old sci-fi books.
(d) Part of her diary.
13. Who is Julie holding when Jack returns from the pool hall?
(a) Jack's dog.
14. Who tries to lighten the conversation in the pool hall when someone gets upset?
(a) Jack and Derek.
(c) Chas and Greg.
(d) Chas, Derek, and Greg.
15. Who does Julie confide in about her all night dates with Derek?
(d) A friend from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was tied to a brass cot two years ago when their parents left them alone for a short while?
2. Where is Jack's mother in his nightmare?
3. In his nightmare, what is Jack doing while Mother is talking?
4. Who has been waiting about an hour to play Derek in pool?
5. In Chapter 9, how is Tom acting?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)