|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to lighten the conversation in the pool hall when someone gets upset?
(a) Chas and Greg.
(b) Chas, Derek, and Greg.
(c) Jack and Derek.
2. Who feels sick and wants to leave the pool hall?
3. What does Derek initially think is the cause of the smell in Jack's house?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) The garbage.
(c) A rotting corpse.
(d) The drain.
4. Who does most of the talking when Derek comes to dinner in Chapter 7?
(a) Tom and Sue.
(d) Sue and Julie.
5. What do the siblings see when they look out the window at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Neighbors staring at the house.
(b) Derek driving away.
(c) Birds flying away.
(d) The crashed garden.
6. Who does Julie say is a mama's boy?
7. Who has been waiting about an hour to play Derek in pool?
(b) The owner.
8. What makes Jack smile after being punched?
(a) Tom's jealousy.
(c) Julie's tanned breasts.
(d) Sue's affection.
9. For what occasion did Mother and Father leave the siblings alone two years previously?
(a) To attend a funeral.
(b) For an anniversary dinner date.
(c) To go Christmas shopping.
(d) To go to a movie.
10. What does Jack try to pull off of Tom at dinner one night in Chapter 9?
(a) A wig.
(b) His father's glasses.
(c) A bib.
(d) His dress.
11. Who defecated on him/herself during the siblings' games when their parents left them alone two years previously?
12. In Chapter 9, how is Tom acting?
(a) Like a baby.
(b) Like an old woman.
(c) Like an old man.
(d) Like a girl.
13. What fills the house within a week after Mother dies?
14. Who walks in on Jack and Julie as they are naked in Tom's room?
15. What does Sue say is causing the faint smell in the house?
(c) Jack's dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how many weeks have passed since Mother's death?
2. What actually is the smell coming from Jack's house?
3. What does Jack argue with his siblings about over dinner in Chapter 9?
4. Who does Jack want to read his book?
5. What does Derek drive?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)