|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What actually is the smell coming from Jack's house?
(a) The garbage.
(b) The drain.
(c) Mother's body.
(d) Jack's dog.
2. Who hit Tom in Chapter 8 and made him cry?
3. Who begins to warm up to Jack as he tries to conquer his hand odor?
4. What is Derek's economic status?
(a) He is a professional pool player.
(b) He is also poor.
(c) He has a job as a grocery clerk.
(d) He is rich.
5. Where is Jack's acne spreading?
(a) To his groin area.
(b) To his neck.
(c) To his ears.
(d) To his back.
6. What does Sue's diary say about Jack?
(a) He is violent and dirty.
(b) She admires him.
(c) He is the best brother a girl could have.
(d) She doesn't understand him.
7. What does Tom eat constantly after his mother dies?
(a) Peanut butter.
(c) Frozen dinners.
8. Who does Jack try to talk to about his nightmare?
9. Who does Julie confide in about her all night dates with Derek?
(b) A friend from school.
10. Who raves about Derek after his dinner visit in Chapter 7?
11. Why is Derek coming over in Chapter 7?
(a) To collect money.
(b) For tea.
(c) To have a man to man talk with Jack.
(d) To talk to Tom.
12. What do the siblings hear at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Mother's voice.
(b) Voices in their heads.
(d) Footsteps on the stairs.
13. How much did the item cost that Tom is wearing as Sue and Julie laugh?
(a) 38 pounds.
(b) 2 pounds.
(c) 9 pounds.
(d) 120 pounds.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how many weeks have passed since Mother's death?
(c) Four or more.
15. What fills the house within a week after Mother dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Jack smile after being punched?
2. What does the woman Jack runs into in the shops think of him?
3. While in the cellar in Chapter 7, what is it that Jack has forgotten?
4. Why doesn't Jack tell Julie what happened at the pool hall?
5. What activity stops when Jack's hands begin to smell?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)