|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to watch Julie in her extracurricular activities?
2. What does Jack notice about the person he sees in the window when he returns home in Chapter 2?
(a) He seems depressed.
(b) She has a strange mole on her shoulder.
(c) She seems depressed.
(d) She is prettier than he realized.
3. Who suggests Jack find a job?
4. Who wants Jack to strip to be examined to play the sex game?
5. Who do we learn is infatuated with Julie in Chapter 2?
(d) The neighbor.
6. What does Jack do when the person he sees in the window calls to him?
(a) Hides behind a cement stone.
(b) Laughs and points.
(c) Begins to cry.
(d) Runs away.
7. Who gets beaten up after the bully is threatened in Chapter 4?
8. Why does young Jack fake illness to leave school?
(a) To have his mother's full attention.
(b) To miss a test.
(c) Because kids were bullying him.
(d) To get out of doing an oral book report.
9. Who is Jack holding when he falls asleep on the night Mother dies?
10. Who tells the men where to drop the delivery at Jack's house?
11. Who runs out of the room crying when the dead mother rolls out of bed?
12. With whom does Jack want to avoid awkward conversations?
13. How does the garden look to Jack at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(c) A little wilted.
14. How many heart attacks does Jack's father have?
(b) At least two.
(c) Only one.
15. What is the family "game" that the siblings play?
(a) Truth or dare.
(b) Spin the bottle.
(c) Strip poker.
(d) Naked body exams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to invite friends over for a party?
2. Who does not cry as they wait to tell the others about Mother's death?
3. Why is Jack told to stop his activity in the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. Where does Jack go after refusing to strip to be examined to play the sex game?
5. What color swimsuit does the sunbather wear?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)