|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says there should be a funeral for Mother?
2. Which character frightens another causing the sibling to urinate on him/herself?
3. Who knew that that Mother was dying?
4. Who gives a card with two pound notes as a birthday present?
5. What are Julie's extracurricular activities?
6. What color swimsuit does the sunbather wear?
7. How many men show up at Jack's house with a delivery?
8. Which child leaves for school alone in Chapter 2?
9. Why is Jack told to stop his activity in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) No one wants to see him.
(b) It's an invasion of privacy.
(c) It isn't fair.
(d) Mother is getting a headache.
10. Why does young Jack fake illness to leave school?
(a) To miss a test.
(b) To have his mother's full attention.
(c) To get out of doing an oral book report.
(d) Because kids were bullying him.
11. Who gets beaten up after the bully is threatened in Chapter 4?
12. What is Jack's father planning to make with the items that were delivered?
(a) A wall for his garden.
(c) Taller plants.
(d) Garden paths.
13. What is Julie afraid of after Mother's death?
(a) Authorities splitting up the family.
(c) Being in charge.
(d) Getting cancer.
14. Where do the men drop the delivery they take to Jack's house?
(b) Back porch.
15. Who is Jack?
(a) A delivery guy.
(b) The oldest sibling.
(c) The youngest brother.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Mother's illness worsens, who maintains the house?
2. Who stares in silence when the dead mother rolls out of bed?
3. Who ridicules the person who refuses to watch Julie in her extracurricular activities?
4. Who tells Jack to clean up before eating cake?
5. Who begins to resist the family game?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)