|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who puts lotion on the sunbather?
2. Who tells Jack to stop his activity in the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. Who suggests Jack find a job?
4. Who is sunbathing in Chapter 4?
5. At what time do Julie and Jack finish making cement?
(b) 2 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
6. What is distracting Jack from realizing his father's condition as the two work on a project together?
(a) A semen stain.
(b) Julie's bikini.
(c) Jack's headphones.
(d) Jack is reading instead of helping.
7. Which character is so frightened that he/she urinates on him/herself?
8. What is Jack looking at in the garden in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His book.
(b) A dead frog.
(c) Gutted and abandoned pre-fab.
(d) Julie sunbathing.
9. Who knew that that Mother was dying?
10. Who threatens the bully in Chapter 4?
11. What does Jack do when the person he sees in the window calls to him?
(a) Begins to cry.
(b) Hides behind a cement stone.
(c) Laughs and points.
(d) Runs away.
12. Which character says he/she is bullied by a kid at school?
13. Who notices increased acne but doesn't do anything about it?
(b) The neighbor.
14. What is the subject of the serious talk that Jack gets at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(c) Getting a job.
15. Who is Jack holding when he falls asleep on the night Mother dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is two years younger than Jack?
2. Who gets beaten up after the bully is threatened in Chapter 4?
3. What is Father doing with Jack when he has his heart attack?
4. How many heart attacks does Jack's father have?
5. Who pulls on the sleeve of Mother's nightgown after she is dead?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)