|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jack holding when he falls asleep on the night Mother dies?
2. What is Father doing with Jack when he has his heart attack?
(a) Moving groceries.
(b) Building a tall wall.
(c) Mixing fertilizer.
(d) Pouring cement.
3. As Mother's illness worsens, who maintains the house?
(a) Tom and Jack.
(b) Jack and Julie.
(c) Sue and Julie.
(d) Jack and Sue.
4. Who ridicules the person who refuses to watch Julie in her extracurricular activities?
(a) The rest of the family.
(b) Julie herself.
(d) Julie's instructor.
5. Who do we learn is infatuated with Julie in Chapter 2?
(b) The neighbor.
6. Who volunteers to accompany Mother on her trips to the shops?
7. What color swimsuit does the sunbather wear?
8. With whom does Jack want to avoid awkward conversations?
9. Which child actually brings friends home to play?
10. Who finds Mother dead?
11. In which specific extracurricular activity does Julie excel?
12. What is Sue's hobby?
13. Who tells Jack to clean up before eating cake?
14. The day after Mother's death, who thinks they should tell someone?
15. How many heart attacks does Jack's father have?
(a) Only one.
(d) At least two.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the children bury Mother in their garden?
2. Who threatens the bully in Chapter 4?
3. Where do the men drop the delivery they take to Jack's house?
4. Who does Jack see in the window when he returns home from school in Chapter 2?
5. Which character says he/she is bullied by a kid at school?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)