|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who puts lotion on the sunbather?
2. What is Father doing with Jack when he has his heart attack?
(a) Mixing fertilizer.
(b) Moving groceries.
(c) Pouring cement.
(d) Building a tall wall.
3. Who does not approve of Julie's extracurricular activities?
4. What do Jack and Julie wrap their Mother in to carry her body downstairs?
(a) Empty cement bags.
(b) A tarp.
(c) A sheet.
(d) An old tent.
5. Who is obsessed with the garden?
6. How old was Jack when he faked illness to leave school?
7. What do Sue, Julie and Jack do when the sheet won't cover Mother's head and feet?
(a) Get another one.
8. Who gives a card with two pound notes as a birthday present?
9. With whom does Jack want to avoid awkward conversations?
10. What is Jack's father planning to make with the items that were delivered?
(a) Taller plants.
(b) A wall for his garden.
(c) Garden paths.
11. Where do Jack and Julie make cement?
(a) In the yard.
(b) In Mother's room.
(c) In the cellar.
(d) In the garden.
12. Who ridicules the person who refuses to watch Julie in her extracurricular activities?
(a) The rest of the family.
(b) Julie's instructor.
(c) Julie herself.
13. Who gives up teeth brushing to rebel?
14. Who pulls on the sleeve of Mother's nightgown after she is dead?
15. Where does Jack go after refusing to strip to be examined to play the sex game?
(c) His own bedroom.
(d) The garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the children bury Mother in their garden?
2. Who volunteers to accompany Mother on her trips to the shops?
3. Which character frightens another causing the sibling to urinate on him/herself?
4. What is distracting Jack from realizing his father's condition as the two work on a project together?
5. Why does one character think Mother is relieved when Father dies?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)