|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sue, Julie and Jack do when the sheet won't cover Mother's head and feet?
(d) Get another one.
2. Who is Jack?
(a) The youngest brother.
(b) The oldest sibling.
(c) The narrator.
(d) A delivery guy.
3. Who thinks Mother is relieved that Father died?
4. What do Jack and Julie wrap their Mother in to carry her body downstairs?
(a) A sheet.
(b) An old tent.
(c) A tarp.
(d) Empty cement bags.
5. Who wishes to change genders?
6. Which character is so frightened that he/she urinates on him/herself?
7. Who says there should be a funeral for Mother?
8. Who is upset about the delivery made to Jack's house?
9. Why does young Jack fake illness to leave school?
(a) To have his mother's full attention.
(b) To get out of doing an oral book report.
(c) Because kids were bullying him.
(d) To miss a test.
10. Who tells Jack to clean up before eating cake?
11. Where do Jack and Julie put Mother's body?
(a) Under a sledgehammer.
(b) In a trunk.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In a wheel barrow.
12. What does Jack do after refusing to strip to be examined to play the sex game?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Eats a piece of cake.
(c) Walks in the garden.
13. Who notices increased acne but doesn't do anything about it?
(c) The neighbor.
14. Who tells Jack to stop his activity in the beginning of Chapter 4?
15. What does Jack find in the garden in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His book.
(c) A dead frog.
(d) A diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stares in silence when the dead mother rolls out of bed?
2. Why does one character think Mother is relieved when Father dies?
3. Who is sunbathing in Chapter 4?
4. Where does Jack go after refusing to strip to be examined to play the sex game?
5. What is distracting Jack from realizing his father's condition as the two work on a project together?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)