|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do after the ambulance takes his father?
(a) Goes to eat lunch.
(b) Follows the ambulance on foot.
(c) Smoothes the concrete ripple caused by his father.
(d) Hitches a ride to the hospital with a neighbor.
2. Who does Jack see in the window when he returns home from school in Chapter 2?
(c) The neighbor.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 7, how many weeks have passed since Mother's death?
(c) Four or more.
4. Why does young Jack fake illness to leave school?
(a) To have his mother's full attention.
(b) To get out of doing an oral book report.
(c) Because kids were bullying him.
(d) To miss a test.
5. Who gives a card with two pound notes as a birthday present?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color swimsuit does the sunbather wear?
2. When they were left alone two years ago, how much time did the children take to clean up before their parents return?
3. Where do the men drop the delivery they take to Jack's house?
4. What do the children eat for a week after their mother dies?
5. Who is obsessed with the garden?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)