|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they see along the road and head for?
2. Who does the narrator meet again while stopped for the roadblock?
3. Why were the narrator and Marjorie expected?
4. At a fork in the road, which one does the narrator take?
5. What does Father Carl say led the narrator to his present location looking for the Manuscript?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the information the narrator receives about Wil from Father Carl?
2. How will Father Carl help the narrator?
3. Describe the priest's instruction to experience the Fifth Insight.
4. Why does Julia advise against Marjorie's going on to Iquitos?
5. Explain how the Eighth Insight helps Julia understand what is going on between the narrator and Marjorie.
6. How is the concept of the control drama introduced?
7. What are the rapidly developing situations after the narrator makes eye contact with a man in the restaurant?
8. What are the thoughts going through the narrator's mind at Father Carl's cabin?
9. How does Father Sanchez begin explaining the Seventh Insight to the narrator?
10. Relate what happens when gunfire erupts in the village of Cula.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the importance of keeping an open mind. Good examples to use in contrast are Father Sanchez and Cardinal Sebastian. Include examples of social problems like racism and right to life stances can only be resolved through open minded discussion and action.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about sudden discovery, that light bulb moment when something is suddenly made clear. Write this essay from a general perspective rather than a spiritual one. Use examples like the moment you began to understand chemistry or algebra.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the kindest and most thoughtful person you know or have read about. What makes that person so outstanding? Discuss how such a person affects all those he or she comes in contact with. Also discuss whether you think it is possible for a person to consciously create that kind of persona or is it just something some people are born with?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)