|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator eventually see that his parents were interrogators?
2. Who does the narrator meet in a restaurant?
3. Why does a person become aloof?
4. What happens when a soldier gets near the narrator on the mountain ridge?
5. After meeting Father Carl at Machu Picchu, why does the narrator remain there when the priest goes home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the narrator's first attempt at using the Eighth Insight.
2. Why does Julia advise against Marjorie's going on to Iquitos?
3. What is the information the narrator receives about Wil from Father Carl?
4. Describe the coincidences that follow the narrator's choice of forks in the road.
5. Describe how Marjorie gets arrested.
6. What is the narrator's behavior that Father Sanchez points out is a control drama?
7. Mention something about the warning Pablo gives the narrator before he is taken to see Cardinal Sebastian.
8. Tell a little about the exchange between the narrator and Father Sanchez the morning after the narrator is rescued.
9. How does Father Sanchez begin explaining the Seventh Insight to the narrator?
10. What are the thoughts going through the narrator's mind at Father Carl's cabin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on parables. In the essay explain how parables make it easier for people to understand a deeper meaning. On a very basic level, you might want to refer to some of Aesop's fables.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the mysticism surrounding Machu Picchu. Why does such a place inspire metaphysical ideas and thought? Explain the element of unknown history that inspires supernatural explanations for what cannot be proven otherwise.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the subject "Politics Makes Strange Bedfellows." The thrust of the essay includes how the church and Certain scientists are united in opposing the Manuscript. Normally, there is more of a conflict between the church and science. Explain why they are united against the Manuscript.
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)