|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Reneau share with the narrator?
2. What has always fascinated the narrator?
3. What does Wil say the narrator is not doing?
4. What is the purpose of the Viciente Lodge?
5. What is the first coincidence on the way to Cula?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlene so interested in giving this Manuscript information to the narrator?
2. Who is Sarah and how does she begin telling the narrator about the third Insight?
3. Describe the coincidence that occurs when the narrator forms a plan of action.
4. Explain the coincidence on the plane.
5. Explain how Redfield introduces the element of suspense in his novel.
6. What is the first coincidence that occurs with the narrator on the way to Cula?
7. What does the narrator do when he becomes aware of being followed?
8. How does Redfield let the reader know what the narrator is going to do?
9. Explain the effect Jensen has on the narrator and how Wil gets him away.
10. Explain the purpose of the drive into the Andes the morning after the narrator is rescued by Wilson.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about fear. In the essay mention how fear is immobilizing and give examples on the order of the deer staring into the headlights of an approaching car. Also include ways of overcoming fear in order to act on a perceived danger.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on your idea of a Utopian world. Detail what it would be like and how it would affect the people living there. Conclude the essay with an evaluation on whether or not you believe achieving Utopia is possible among humans.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about learning by example. Specifically relate things you have learned by witnessing other people's actions as opposed to learning them from a textbook or lecture. Include how learning does not take place until it has been successfully demonstrated in some behavioral change within the learner.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)