|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sarah talking about when she says that everything on earth consists of energy and is malleable to human intention and expectation?
2. What is the estimated date the Manuscript was written?
3. On the plane, what does the narrator say about understanding the Second Insight?
4. What happens while the narrator is running away?
5. What information does Reneau share with the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dobson say he is returning to Peru?
2. Describe the breakthrough the narrator has while Sarah is confronting the German scientists.
3. Who is Sarah and how does she begin telling the narrator about the third Insight?
4. Describe the theme of THE CELESTINE PROPHECY.
5. Describe the initial meeting of the narrator and Marjorie.
6. What does the narrator do when he becomes aware of being followed?
7. How does Redfield let the reader know what the narrator is going to do?
8. How does Redfield introduce the idea of the Insights?
9. Why do the narrator and Dobson exchange hotel addresses at the airport?
10. Detail how Sarah handles German scientists looking for the research gardens at Viciente Lodge.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on radicalism. Using Cardinal Sebastian as an example, show how even a religious person may sometime become so radical that he or she will stop at nothing to perpetuate a rigid idea.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on personality characteristics of aggressive and passive people. Give some examples of each kind of personality. Suggest some ways that those characteristics might be modified.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about sudden discovery, that light bulb moment when something is suddenly made clear. Write this essay from a general perspective rather than a spiritual one. Use examples like the moment you began to understand chemistry or algebra.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)