|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Father Sanchez and the narrator expecting to see near Machu Picchu?
(a) Julia and Rolando
(d) Father Carl
2. What is the priest's name?
(a) Father Sanchez
(b) Father Sebastian
(c) Father Ignacius
(d) Father Carl
3. What happens with the narrator while Father Sanchez is gone?
(a) He runs out of food and gets very hungry.
(b) He has thoughts of Wil, Marjorie, and Cardinal Sebastian.
(c) He cannot remember what he learned so far.
(d) He finds a copy of the Ninth Insight at Machu Picchu.
4. Who is the man with the intimidator control drama that Julia and the narrator meet on their trip to Iquitos?
(a) a gas station attendant
(b) a teacher
(c) a policeman
(d) a fundamentalist priest
5. Where do the narrator and Marjorie find refuge?
(a) in a library hiding in the shelves
(b) in a house belonging to a woman named Karla
(c) in an empty community building that was left unlocked
(d) in a church with a sympathetic priest
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator meet in a restaurant?
2. Why does a person become aloof?
3. Why does Father Sanchez stay at Father Carl's house and send the narrator on to Machu Picchu?
4. Who turns out to be the organizer behind the suppression of the Manuscript?
5. When the narrator takes another route off the mountain, who does he run into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's behavior that Father Sanchez points out is a control drama?
2. Mention something about the warning Pablo gives the narrator before he is taken to see Cardinal Sebastian.
3. What is the information the narrator receives about Wil from Father Carl?
4. How will Father Carl help the narrator?
5. Asking about his dream, how does the narrator get information about the Seventh Insight?
6. How does the narrator learn to use the Sixth Insight?
7. Why does Julia advise against Marjorie's going on to Iquitos?
8. Describe the coincidences that follow the narrator's choice of forks in the road.
9. Describe how the conversation turns back at Father Carl's house.
10. Relate what happens when gunfire erupts in the village of Cula.
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)