|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dobson tell the narrator to do?
(a) call the embassy
(b) use a false name
(c) find a lawyer
(d) run toward an alley
2. What does the historian say should be more important than studying actions in the past?
(a) studying educational trends
(b) studying roads and houses
(c) studying beliefs and superstitions
(d) studying thoughts and feelings
3. Why does Reneau say that people draw energy from each other through conflict?
(a) to keep their own energy levels high
(b) to make sure they are alive
(c) to avoid falling asleep
(d) to keep their energy levels exercised
4. Why is Reneau at the service station where the narrator saw him?
(a) He stopped there for a snack.
(b) He is looking for a good campsite.
(c) He is there getting directions.
(d) His truck broke down.
5. What happened to the priest Charlene went to see about the Manuscript?
(a) He disappeared.
(b) He was dead when she got there.
(c) He was arrested.
(d) He refused to speak ot her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dobson say the Middle Ages were defined?
2. How does Marjorie know that the narrator is interested in her?
3. While waiting in the car at Cula, who does the narrator spot?
4. Who found the Manuscript and translated it?
5. Who is Wayne Dobson whom the narrator meets on the flight to Peru?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dobson have to say about history?
2. What contribution does the next person add to the narrator's understanding of the Third Insight?
3. Explain the coincidence on the plane.
4. What is bothering Wil as he and the narrator drive away from Viciente Lodge?
5. As Wil and the narrator head out, what advice does he offer the narrator?
6. Describe the theme of THE CELESTINE PROPHECY.
7. Who is Sarah and how does she begin telling the narrator about the third Insight?
8. How does Redfield introduce the idea of the Insights?
9. Why can the narrator not sleep on the plane?
10. What does the narrator do when he becomes aware of being followed?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)