|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trying to participate more, what does the narrator tell Reneau?
(a) the girl Marjorie
(b) about seeing energy fields
(c) about Phil Stong's ideas
(d) about Viciente Lodge
2. Who is the man named Chris Reneau who resembles a friend of the narrator's?
(a) a French chef interested in the Manuscript
(b) a microbiologist from France
(c) a French psychology professor teaching in Brazil
(d) a professor at the Sorbonne on vacation
3. How does Dobson say the Middle Ages were defined?
(a) by ignorance and disease
(b) by theprinting press
(c) by the art and drama of the period
(d) by the Christian Church
4. What happens as the narrator enters the hotel and sees Dobson?
(a) The police are arresting dobson.
(b) Dobson invites him for a drink.
(c) Dobson is talking to a priest.
(d) Gunfire breaks out.
5. What does the Manuscript say will be the first indication of change?
(a) a great restlessness
(b) worldwide political upheaval
(c) a massive earthquake
(d) an eclipse of the sun
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the example of the Fourth Insight that takes place at dinner?
2. Where is Viciente Lodge located?
3. What does the narrator think about that makes him agree with Charlene?
4. Why does the physics professor, Sarah Lorner, come to Viciente Lodge?
5. Why is Dobson returning to Peru?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Wil and the narrator head out, what advice does he offer the narrator?
2. Detail how Sarah handles German scientists looking for the research gardens at Viciente Lodge.
3. What is the first coincidence that occurs with the narrator on the way to Cula?
4. How does Redfield let the reader know what the narrator is going to do?
5. How does the narrator get hooked up with Wilson James after Dobson is shot?
6. What is bothering Wil as he and the narrator drive away from Viciente Lodge?
7. What does Dobson have to say about history?
8. Describe the initial meeting of the narrator and Marjorie.
9. Who is Sarah and how does she begin telling the narrator about the third Insight?
10. Explain the purpose of the drive into the Andes the morning after the narrator is rescued by Wilson.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)