|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Viciente Lodge located?
(a) in the Peruvian plains
(b) in the Andes
(c) just outside of Lima
(d) near the ocean
2. Outside with the narrator, what does Charlene become aware of?
(a) a sudden change in the weather
(b) a rash on the narrator's hand
(c) a man watching them from the parking lot
(d) her empty briefcase under a bush
3. What does Wil finally give the narrator after they leave Cula?
(a) a copy of the Fourth Insight
(b) a pistol for self-protection
(c) a serious lecture about stealing energy
(d) a survival kit for the mountains
4. What is special about the forest around Viciente Lodge?
(a) It is used for lumbering.
(b) It seldom gets rain.
(c) It is all imported trees.
(d) It is a virgin forest.
5. What does Wilson James say he wants to find?
(a) the person who stole the Manuscript
(b) a safe way out of Lima
(c) the site where the Manuscript was found
(d) the Ninth Insight
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the priest Charlene went to see about the Manuscript?
2. What is the purpose of the Viciente Lodge?
3. What does Reneau say the parents are doing to the girl by their bullying?
4. What is the Peruvian government's attitude toward the Manuscript?
5. Who is Wayne Dobson whom the narrator meets on the flight to Peru?
Short Essay Questions
1. Detail how Sarah handles German scientists looking for the research gardens at Viciente Lodge.
2. Why is the document called the Manuscript in the novel, an artifact of great interest?
3. Describe the breakthrough the narrator has while Sarah is confronting the German scientists.
4. Explain the effect Jensen has on the narrator and how Wil gets him away.
5. What does the narrator do when he becomes aware of being followed?
6. How does the narrator get hooked up with Wilson James after Dobson is shot?
7. Why is Charlene so interested in giving this Manuscript information to the narrator?
8. What is the first coincidence that occurs with the narrator on the way to Cula?
9. Why can the narrator not sleep on the plane?
10. Describe the initial meeting of the narrator and Marjorie.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)