|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while the narrator is running away?
(a) He runs behind a bus and disappears.
(b) A man stops him and takes him to a safe house.
(c) He loses one of his shoes.
(d) He feels the wind of pullets past his ears.
2. What has Wayne Dobson found when he went to see a priest that never showed up?
(a) a map to the location of the Manuscript
(b) a suicide note written by the priest
(c) a decree from the Cardinal to destroy the Manuscript
(d) copies of the First and Second Insights
3. Where is Viciente Lodge located?
(a) in the Peruvian plains
(b) near the ocean
(c) in the Andes
(d) just outside of Lima
4. What does Reneau say the parents are doing to the girl by their bullying?
(a) making her ready for the outside world
(b) trying to teach her the Fourth Insight
(c) taking energy away from her
(d) giving her needed discipline
5. What is Charlene doing when the narrator arrives at the restaurant?
(a) talking with two policemen
(b) talking on the phone
(c) reading copies of the Manuscript
(d) looking at her watch
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Manuscript predict?
2. While waiting in the car at Cula, who does the narrator spot?
3. What does the historian say should be more important than studying actions in the past?
4. What rumors are going around about Viciente?
5. What does the Manuscript say will be the first indication of change?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the purpose of the drive into the Andes the morning after the narrator is rescued by Wilson.
2. Explain the coincidence on the plane.
3. Describe Wil's caution to the narrator.
4. What happens when the narrator is told to observe some students sitting in front of some plants?
5. Who is Sarah and how does she begin telling the narrator about the third Insight?
6. What contribution does the next person add to the narrator's understanding of the Third Insight?
7. Describe the coincidence that occurs when the narrator forms a plan of action.
8. Explain how Redfield introduces the element of suspense in his novel.
9. What does Dobson have to say about history?
10. Explain why Wil does not tell the narrator everything at once.
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)