|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Narrator and Marjorie see the military doing below?
(a) drinking coffee
(b) going from house to house
(c) cruising the streets
(d) loading their weapons
2. What does the narrator observe in the garden?
(a) a priest meditating
(b) a small cemetery
(c) energy fields around the plants
(d) many different kinds of birds
3. When being aloof ceases to work, why does one become a poor me?
(a) to make intimidators ashamed
(b) to change the subject
(c) to appeal to sympathy
(d) to explain away misfortune
4. Who do the narrator and Marjorie find at the house of Juan Hinton?
(d) Father Carl
5. Where do the narrator and Marjorie find refuge?
(a) in an empty community building that was left unlocked
(b) in a house belonging to a woman named Karla
(c) in a church with a sympathetic priest
(d) in a library hiding in the shelves
6. Who does the narrator see at breakfast in the prison?
7. What advice is the narrator given about finding his way?
(a) to navigate by the stars and travel only at night
(b) to ask help from Peruvian natives
(c) to use his intuition
(d) to carry a roadmap Father Carl gives him
8. Who comes to the dining room to warn them of troops coming that way?
(c) Phil Stone
(d) Father Sanchez
9. What is an intimidator?
(a) one who is lacking self assurance
(b) one who imitates strong disciplinarians
(c) one who controls in a stronger way than interrogation
(d) one who uses blackmail to control
10. What is characteristic of an aloof drama person?
(a) a person who is uninformed
(b) snobbish behavior toward other people
(c) reluctance to reveal much information
(d) not receiving much attention from interesting people
11. What does Julia see that causes her to try and separate the narrator and Marjorie?
(a) Marjorie is too frightened to go with the narrator.
(b) Marjorie is too weak to go to the jungle.
(c) They are stealing energy from each other.
(d) Marjorie has a very low energy level.
12. After a dream the narrator has in prison, what does Pablo do?
(a) interprets his dreams
(b) explains it was because of the prison food
(c) helps him understand the Seventh Insight
(d) advises him not to tell anyone
13. At a fork in the road, which one does the narrator take?
(a) the one that leads down
(b) the one which seems brighter to him
(c) the one that runs along a stream
(d) the one with the most trees beside it
14. Who are Father Sanchez and the narrator expecting to see near Machu Picchu?
(a) Father Carl
(d) Julia and Rolando
15. When the narrator takes another route off the mountain, who does he run into?
(a) a monkey
(b) a farmer
(c) a Frenchman
(d) a priest
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the narrator taken after meeting the man on the road?
2. What suddenly happens as the narrator walks toward Marjorie?
3. Back down the mountain, what brings the narrator out of his euphoria?
4. How do Father Sanchez and Father Carl explain their calmness during this time of danger?
5. Who does the narrator talk to without falling back into his control drama?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)