|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the head priest at the prison?
(a) Father Sanchez' brother
(b) Father Costous
(c) Cardinal Sebastian
(d) Father Ortega
2. How do the narrator and Marjorie escape the police?
(a) They run when the police stop for gas and a snack.
(b) They overpower the police and take their Jeep.
(c) They slip out of the Jeep in the dark at a check point.
(d) They are left alone in the Jeep as the police investigate a stalled truck.
3. Who do the narrator and Marjorie find at the house of Juan Hinton?
(b) Father Carl
4. Why does a person become aloof?
(a) so as not to reveal anything someone can criticize
(b) so that they will feel superior
(c) because they are basically loners
(d) because they lack conversational ability
5. Who are Father Sanchez and the narrator expecting to see near Machu Picchu?
(b) Father Carl
(d) Julia and Rolando
6. What is characteristic of an aloof drama person?
(a) not receiving much attention from interesting people
(b) snobbish behavior toward other people
(c) a person who is uninformed
(d) reluctance to reveal much information
7. How does Father Sanchez categorize the narrator's behavior?
(a) as a spoiled child
(b) as coming from fear
(c) as closed minded
(d) as a control drama
8. Why does Father Sanchez stay at Father Carl's house and send the narrator on to Machu Picchu?
(a) He wants to meditate.
(b) He has a serious back problem.
(c) He expects Father Carl will come up from the village.
(d) He wants to listen to the radio.
9. To what point in his life does the priest take the narrator to teach him about his control drama?
(a) his childhood
(b) the meeting with Charlene
(c) his university days
(d) his arrival in Peru
10. Where is the narrator taken after meeting the man on the road?
(a) to jail
(b) a cave
(c) a mission
(d) a safe house
11. What do the Narrator and Marjorie see the military doing below?
(a) drinking coffee
(b) going from house to house
(c) loading their weapons
(d) cruising the streets
12. What does the narrator run into on the road?
(a) a herd of llamas
(b) a fallen bridge
(c) a stalled semi
(d) a roadblock
13. Who does the narrator meet in a restaurant?
(a) a man looking for viciente Lodge
(b) a man looking for Dobson
(c) a man looking for a ride to Iquitos
(d) a man who works for the Cardinal
14. Why were the narrator and Marjorie expected?
(a) because the stalled truck was a ruse
(b) because the woman had a dream that they were coming
(c) because Father Sanchez was looking for them
(d) because a man had seen them run from the Jeep
15. What does Julia see that causes her to try and separate the narrator and Marjorie?
(a) Marjorie has a very low energy level.
(b) They are stealing energy from each other.
(c) Marjorie is too frightened to go with the narrator.
(d) Marjorie is too weak to go to the jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator meet again while stopped for the roadblock?
2. Who does the narrator see at breakfast in the prison?
3. At a fork in the road, which one does the narrator take?
4. When the narrator takes another route off the mountain, who does he run into?
5. Who do Father Sanchez and the narrator come across on the way to Machu Picchu?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)