|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when a soldier gets near the narrator on the mountain ridge?
(a) He slips and falls down the ridge.
(b) He stops just short of finding him.
(c) He is called back by his commander.
(d) He walks past without seeing him.
2. Who does the narrator see at breakfast in the prison?
3. What is an intimidator?
(a) one who uses blackmail to control
(b) one who is lacking self assurance
(c) one who controls in a stronger way than interrogation
(d) one who imitates strong disciplinarians
4. What happens to the man following the Narrator up into the mountain?
(a) He has a heart attack
(b) He is shot.
(c) He turns around and goes back down.
(d) He falls off the ridge.
5. Who does the narrator meet again while stopped for the roadblock?
(a) Sarah Lorner
(b) Phil Stone
(c) Julia and Rolando
(d) Cardinal Sebastian
6. In a feeling of euphoria, what happens to the narrator?
(a) He has an out of body experience.
(b) He jumps up and shouts.
(c) He finds the Ninth Insight.
(d) He falls asleep on the ridge.
7. When being aloof ceases to work, why does one become a poor me?
(a) to make intimidators ashamed
(b) to change the subject
(c) to explain away misfortune
(d) to appeal to sympathy
8. In what section does the Manuscript deal with control drama in response to a situation?
(a) Ninth Insight
(b) Fifty Insight
(c) all Insights
(d) Sixth Insight
9. Who is the head priest at the prison?
(a) Cardinal Sebastian
(b) Father Costous
(c) Father Ortega
(d) Father Sanchez' brother
10. What is characteristic of an aloof drama person?
(a) reluctance to reveal much information
(b) not receiving much attention from interesting people
(c) snobbish behavior toward other people
(d) a person who is uninformed
11. How is the narrator traveling?
(a) by donkey
(b) by hitchhiking
(c) in a borrowed truck
(d) on foot
12. To what point in his life does the priest take the narrator to teach him about his control drama?
(a) his childhood
(b) the meeting with Charlene
(c) his university days
(d) his arrival in Peru
13. After meeting Father Carl at Machu Picchu, why does the narrator remain there when the priest goes home?
(a) to wait for Wil
(b) to give the priests time to catch up
(c) to visit with Julia and Rolando
(d) to experience the energies of the place
14. Where do the narrator and Marjorie find refuge?
(a) in a library hiding in the shelves
(b) in a house belonging to a woman named Karla
(c) in an empty community building that was left unlocked
(d) in a church with a sympathetic priest
15. Why do Father Costous and Father Carl decide to visit Cardinal Sebastian?
(a) to put him in prison
(b) to try to convince him not to suppress the manuscript
(c) to kidnap him
(d) to murder him
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Father Sanchez categorize the narrator's behavior?
2. What do the Narrator and Marjorie see the military doing below?
3. Who is the man with the intimidator control drama that Julia and the narrator meet on their trip to Iquitos?
4. What advice is the narrator given about finding his way?
5. What is the priest's name?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)