|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the narrator to lose his ability to see the energy fields?
(a) angry voices
(b) gunshots in the distance
(c) a sudden rainfall
(d) his doubt about seeing energy
2. What does Reneau say the parents are doing to the girl by their bullying?
(a) trying to teach her the Fourth Insight
(b) making her ready for the outside world
(c) taking energy away from her
(d) giving her needed discipline
3. Why is the Manuscript in danger of disappearing?
(a) the inability to translate the ancient language
(b) the opposition of the Peruvian government and the church
(c) blackmarketeers are out looking for it
(d) the parchment is too fragile to move
4. What is Charlene doing when the narrator arrives at the restaurant?
(a) looking at her watch
(b) talking with two policemen
(c) reading copies of the Manuscript
(d) talking on the phone
5. How many Insights does Charlene say the Manuscript contains?
6. When Sarah arrives, what does she tell the narrator to do?
(a) keep his eyes closed for five minutes
(b) completely clear his mind
(c) to study a tree and appreciate its beauty
(d) find a comfortable place to sit
7. Why is Dobson returning to Peru?
(a) To challenge the government.
(b) To look for the priest.
(c) To prove the Manuscript is wrong.
(d) To find more Insights.
8. Who is Wayne Dobson whom the narrator meets on the flight to Peru?
(a) a translater of archaic languages
(b) an archeologist going to a dig in Peru
(c) an assistant professor of history from New York University
(d) an explorer who is interested in the value of the Manuscript
9. What happens when researchers use their own energy to add to the energy around the plants, and show concern for the plants?
(a) They affect the way plants grow.
(b) They get very tired.
(c) They get plants to emit sounds.
(d) They create an electric generator.
10. What does Charlene say in the beginning of this time will become harder?
(a) to continue relationships
(b) to speak openly about the Manuscript
(c) to make rational decisions
(d) to convince people what is happening
11. As they prepare to go to separate hotels, what do Dobson and the narrator do?
(a) agree to meet later
(b) run into the police
(c) meet up with Charlene
(d) exchange addresses
12. What does the Manuscript say will be the first indication of change?
(a) worldwide political upheaval
(b) an eclipse of the sun
(c) a great restlessness
(d) a massive earthquake
13. Why does the narrator not get out of the taxi at his hotel?
(a) the taxi driver knows a cheaper hotel
(b) another taxi is following him
(c) there are soldiers standing outside
(d) the hotel is on fire
14. What happens when people start to question the church?
(a) society turns from the spiritual to the scientific
(b) the church launches persecution
(c) society begins to fall apart
(d) society becomes totally atheistic
15. How does Dobson say the Middle Ages were defined?
(a) by theprinting press
(b) by ignorance and disease
(c) by the art and drama of the period
(d) by the Christian Church
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dobson explain the Second Insight?
2. What information does Reneau share with the narrator?
3. Why does the physics professor, Sarah Lorner, come to Viciente Lodge?
4. Why is the narrator unable to relax on the plane to Peru?
5. What does the narrator think about that makes him agree with Charlene?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)