|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Clearing the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Outside with the narrator, what does Charlene become aware of?
(a) a rash on the narrator's hand
(b) her empty briefcase under a bush
(c) a man watching them from the parking lot
(d) a sudden change in the weather
2. Why does the narrator not get out of the taxi at his hotel?
(a) another taxi is following him
(b) the taxi driver knows a cheaper hotel
(c) there are soldiers standing outside
(d) the hotel is on fire
3. What does Sarah give to the narrator?
(a) a raincoat for pretection in the forest
(b) directions to the place where the Manuscript was found
(c) an invitation to a panel discussion
(d) a copy of the Third Insight to read for himself
4. Why does a person become aloof?
(a) so that they will feel superior
(b) because they are basically loners
(c) so as not to reveal anything someone can criticize
(d) because they lack conversational ability
5. Who catches up to the narrator as he scrambles back up into the mountain ridges.
(c) one of Jensen's men
(d) Phil Strong
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Reneau at the service station where the narrator saw him?
2. Why does the narrator eventually see that his parents were interrogators?
3. How does Marjorie know that the narrator is interested in her?
4. What do the energized plants offer humans?
5. What is the estimated date the Manuscript was written?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)