|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Struggle for Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see as he continues to run from the gunfire?
(a) He sees Dobson fall.
(b) He sees a church door open.
(c) He sees Peruvian troops.
(d) He sees some armed civilians.
2. What happens as the narrator enters the hotel and sees Dobson?
(a) Dobson invites him for a drink.
(b) The police are arresting dobson.
(c) Dobson is talking to a priest.
(d) Gunfire breaks out.
3. Why does the narrator call the police?
(a) to report that someone shot at them but missed
(b) to report the narrator's stolen car
(c) fear that the man watching means Charlene some harm
(d) to get them to fingerprint the found briefcase
4. What does the historian say should be more important than studying actions in the past?
(a) studying educational trends
(b) studying thoughts and feelings
(c) studying roads and houses
(d) studying beliefs and superstitions
5. What has Wayne Dobson found when he went to see a priest that never showed up?
(a) a map to the location of the Manuscript
(b) a suicide note written by the priest
(c) a decree from the Cardinal to destroy the Manuscript
(d) copies of the First and Second Insights
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wil finally give the narrator after they leave Cula?
2. What are the people in the novel either searching for or trying to suppress?
3. What is the first coincidence on the way to Cula?
4. What is easier at sunrise or sunset?
5. Why is the narrator unable to relax on the plane to Peru?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)