|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Struggle for Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when people start to question the church?
(a) the church launches persecution
(b) society becomes totally atheistic
(c) society turns from the spiritual to the scientific
(d) society begins to fall apart
2. Who is at the place where the narrator is supposed to meet Sarah the next morning?
(a) his friend, Wil James
(b) the young woman, Margorie
(c) a disapproving German
(d) a man named Phil Stone
3. Why does Phil teach the narrator to stare at his own fingers?
(a) in order to clear his mind
(b) in order to see his own energy
(c) in order to improve his focus
(d) in order to exercise his concentration
4. Why does the physics professor, Sarah Lorner, come to Viciente Lodge?
(a) to study the effects of energy on plant life
(b) to study wind resistence of trees
(c) to find rare plants
(d) to get specimins for her laboratory
5. What will people need to overcome their restlessness?
(a) more reading of the Manuscript
(b) more consciousness of the meaning of experiences
(c) more time spent alone
(d) more new challenges to face
Short Answer Questions
1. How has the Third Insight been used experimentally at Viciente Lodge?
2. Why does Reneau say that people draw energy from each other through conflict?
3. What is the preoccupation Dobson says is keeping humans from understanding the First Insight?
4. What coincidence happens when the narrator gets up to go to the restroom?
5. How does Dobson say the Middle Ages were defined?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)