|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Struggle for Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With all the information the narrator got from Charlene, why does he go out into the garden?
(a) to check on the weather
(b) to clear his head
(c) to smoke a cigar
(d) to breathe the fresh air
2. What does Reneau say the parents are doing to the girl by their bullying?
(a) trying to teach her the Fourth Insight
(b) making her ready for the outside world
(c) taking energy away from her
(d) giving her needed discipline
3. Why is Dobson returning to Peru?
(a) To look for the priest.
(b) To find more Insights.
(c) To challenge the government.
(d) To prove the Manuscript is wrong.
4. What does the narrator decide he wants to do after meeting Wil James?
(a) to go with Wilson on his search for the Ninth Insight.
(b) get out of the country fast
(c) lay low and study the first two Insights
(d) try to meet people who know other Insights
5. What is the Peruvian government's attitude toward the Manuscript?
(a) that it does not exist
(b) that it must be preserved
(c) that it belongs to the Peruvian people
(d) that it is a radical hoax
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wil say the narrator is not doing?
2. What do the energized plants offer humans?
3. What are the people in the novel either searching for or trying to suppress?
4. How does Dobson explain the Second Insight?
5. What does Sarah want to know if the narrator can see?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)