|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Struggle for Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while the narrator is running away?
(a) He loses one of his shoes.
(b) A man stops him and takes him to a safe house.
(c) He feels the wind of pullets past his ears.
(d) He runs behind a bus and disappears.
2. What happens when researchers use their own energy to add to the energy around the plants, and show concern for the plants?
(a) They get very tired.
(b) They create an electric generator.
(c) They get plants to emit sounds.
(d) They affect the way plants grow.
3. What happens as the narrator enters the hotel and sees Dobson?
(a) Dobson is talking to a priest.
(b) The police are arresting dobson.
(c) Dobson invites him for a drink.
(d) Gunfire breaks out.
4. Where is Viciente Lodge located?
(a) just outside of Lima
(b) in the Andes
(c) in the Peruvian plains
(d) near the ocean
5. What is Sarah talking about when she says that everything on earth consists of energy and is malleable to human intention and expectation?
(a) theThird Insight
(b) her work in physics
(c) global warming
(d) the theory of relativity
Short Answer Questions
1. With all the information the narrator got from Charlene, why does he go out into the garden?
2. What does the narrator learn about the priest Charlene met once?
3. Describe THE CELESTINE PROPHECY.
4. Who is studying the effects these energized plants have on the people who eat them?
5. Why does Phil teach the narrator to stare at his own fingers?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)