|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, A Matter of Energy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see when he watches Sarah concentrate on a bush?
(a) her energy feeding into the bush
(b) her skin color change to green
(c) the bush begin to tremble
(d) the bush beginning to grow
2. What rumors are going around about Viciente?
(a) that it will be sold and torn down
(b) that it is being watched to see who comes and goes
(c) that the government wants to shut it down
(d) that it may be nationalized
3. What happened while Charlene was in the ladies' room?
(a) The restaurant caught fire.
(b) Her briefcase was stolen.
(c) Her table was taken.
(d) Someone stole her car.
4. What coincidence happens when the narrator gets up to go to the restroom?
(a) He meets and old friend from his university.
(b) He finds a copy of the First Insight in the magazine rack.
(c) He hears a man mention the Manuscript to a stewardess.
(d) He hears someone talking about a disappeared priest.
5. How does Dobson explain the Second Insight?
(a) as a way to locate people
(b) as a new way of looking at our history
(c) as a new way to consider mathematics
(d) as a reason to keep looking for the Manuscript
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while the narrator is running away?
2. What does Wilson James say he wants to find?
3. When they meet a German scientist, what does he do?
4. What does Sarah tell the narrator is possible to see?
5. What is Sarah talking about when she says that everything on earth consists of energy and is malleable to human intention and expectation?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)