|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daneel ask Lije while they are having dinner?
(a) If Lije knows Enderby very well.
(b) If Lije believes the Spacers are innocent of the murder.
(c) If it is considered rude to stare at a man while he is eating.
(d) If Lije is worried that Daneel might hurt Lije's family.
2. How long would it take to create a non-Aesonion positronic brain which dismisses the Three Laws?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 100 years.
3. Under what stipulation will Lije and Daneel agree not to prosecute Enderby?
(a) If Enderby moves to Aurora.
(b) If Enderby assists in promoting emigration into Space.
(c) They intend to prosecute Enderby.
(d) If Enderby contributes a substantial donation to robotic research.
4. What does Lije think he needs to find in Daneel?
(a) A way for Daneel to vacate the three laws of robotics.
(b) A means of Daneel using a weapon.
(c) A loophole in his programming.
(d) A way to make Daneel seem more human.
5. What is the purpose of the investigation of Dr. Sarton's murder for the Spacers?
(a) To gain a foothold in New York.
(b) To play with Lije's mind.
(c) An excuse for the Spacers to study humans in the field.
(d) To bring the murderer to justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Daneel and Lije go?
2. What does Lije want to test with Daneel?
3. From what does Lije tell Daneel to stay away?
4. What were the Spacers able to do with Lije?
5. What does Daneel ask Lije after they turn over Clousarr to detention?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is R. Daneel able to assure Lije of Enderby's innocence and does Daneel's explanation seem plausible?
2. How does the conversation between Lije and Clousarr show Lije's changing opinions of robots?
3. What childhood story makes Lije re-think Enderby as the murder suspect and why do you think Lije makes the connection between the story and Enderby?
4. What is the explanation that Dr. Gerrigel offers for the physical appearance of robots. Does this explanation seem plausible to you?
5. How has the murder of R. Sammy changed the relationship between Lije and R. Daneel?
6. When Daneel and Lije return to their apartment, what horrifies does Daneel do that horrifies Lije? Would you feel the same way
7. Do you think Clousarr is an evil character?
8. How do you think Lije's prejudice towards robots hinders his murder investigation?
9. Why do you think R. Daneel reveals his vulnerabilities to Lije?
10. How does a section kitchen work and what is the implication of such a setup?
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)