|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Lije feeling at the opening of this chapter?
(a) Conflicted and confused.
(d) Satisfied that the case is closed.
2. Why does Lije decide to leave Jessie's name out of his report about the group?
(a) She has told them everything she knows and has not committed any crime.
(b) She has been duped.
(c) She is his wife.
(d) She is the mother of his child.
3. What happens when Daneel and Lije rise from their table?
(a) The manager tells them the dinner is on him.
(b) The waiter asks them to leave via the kitchen.
(c) Two men who are watching them also rise.
(d) Daneel trips and falls into a woman who screams "robot."
4. What is one of the things that gives Lije the idea that Enderby is guilty of killing Dr. Sarton?
(a) Lije sees a blaster burn on Enderby's leg.
(b) Enderby uses Jesse's real name and says Clousarr used it.
(c) Lije realizes Enderby could have gone to the power plant.
(d) Lije knows Enderby killed R. Sammy.
5. What were the Spacers able to do with Lije?
(a) To pair him with a robot with minimal problems.
(b) To continue Dr. Sarton's work by Lije figuring out the murderer.
(c) To open his mind to colonization with the help of a mild drug.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Lije's mind think back?
2. Under what stipulation will Lije and Daneel agree not to prosecute Enderby?
3. Where do the men end?
4. What did Daneel detect in Clousarr?
5. What does Daneel ask Lije while they are having dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the conversation between Lije and Clousarr show Lije's changing opinions of robots?
2. Compare the relationship of Enderby and Lije with that of Lije and Daneel at the conclusion of the novel.
3. What does Lije propose and how does Dr. Gerrigel refute Lije's theory?
4. How does a section kitchen work and what is the implication of such a setup?
5. How does Lije react to Bentley showing up at the apartment and what does this say about the relationship between Lije and Jesse?
6. Do you think Clousarr is an evil character?
7. Do you think Lije and Enderby's relationship has changed and how so?
8. How does Dr. Gerrigel demonstrate the first law of robotics and at the same time prove once and for all R. Daneel's innocence?
9. Why do you think R. Daneel reveals his vulnerabilities to Lije?
10. What is the explanation that Dr. Gerrigel offers for the physical appearance of robots. Does this explanation seem plausible to you?
This section contains 1,329 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)