|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what group does Jesse re-involve herself?
(c) Rennaissance Knights.
2. Who does Lije convince to come to New York City?
(a) His contact in Washington, D.C.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother-in-law to care for his family.
3. To what does Lije's mind think back?
(a) Running the strips.
(b) Making peace with the men.
(c) His life in the slums.
(d) His life before he became a cop.
4. What were the Spacers able to do with Lije?
(a) To pair him with a robot with minimal problems.
(c) To open his mind to colonization with the help of a mild drug.
(d) To continue Dr. Sarton's work by Lije figuring out the murderer.
5. What is the name of the story about a man in London who committed a murder and then got lost in the never-ending roads, mazes and alleyways of the City?
(a) "Wandering Murderer."
(b) "A Londoner Murders and Wanders."
(c) "A Murderer Wanders in London."
(d) "Wandering Londoner."
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Enderby surprisingly calm?
2. From what does Lije tell Daneel to stay away?
3. What does Francis Clousarr do?
4. Under what stipulation will Lije and Daneel agree not to prosecute Enderby?
5. To where do the two cops run?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Daneel use cerebroanalysis to find the murderer?
2. Do you think Lije and Enderby's relationship has changed and how so?
3. How does THE CAVES OF STEEL reach its climax and subsequent denouement?
4. How has Lije's knowledge of robotics grown enough that he is able to use that knowledge to get Daneel's cooperation?
5. How does Lije react to Bentley showing up at the apartment and what does this say about the relationship between Lije and Jesse?
6. What is the explanation that Dr. Gerrigel offers for the physical appearance of robots. Does this explanation seem plausible to you?
7. What does Lije propose and how does Dr. Gerrigel refute Lije's theory?
8. Who does Lije call in Washington, D.C. and why does Lije call the man?
9. What childhood story makes Lije re-think Enderby as the murder suspect and why do you think Lije makes the connection between the story and Enderby?
10. How do you think Lije's prejudice towards robots hinders his murder investigation?
This section contains 1,385 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)