|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the men end?
(b) A nightclub.
(c) A football game.
(d) The power plant.
2. Where do Daneel and Lije go?
(a) To Yeast Town.
(b) To their apartment.
(c) To Washington, D.C.
3. How does Lije consider Daneel at the end of the book?
(a) As a friend.
(b) As a competent cop.
(c) As an incompetent cop, but nice.
(d) As almost human.
4. Why is Vincent Barrett a suspect in the death of R. Sammy?
(a) Because R. Sammy insulted Vincent in front of other cops.
(b) Because R. Sammy has an affair with Vincent's wife.
(c) Because R. Sammy is a robot.
(d) Because R. Sammy took Vincent's job.
5. What does Philip Norris, Plain Clothes Man C-5 ask Lije?
(a) About his closeness to Enderby.
(b) If he can partner with him on the next murder case.
(c) If Philip can borrow Lije's blaster.
(d) If Enderby is still a suspect in the death of Dr. Sarton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the group that Jesse is attending?
2. To what does Lije's mind think back?
3. Why is Daneel eliminated as a suspect?
4. What does Dr. Fastolfe tell Daneel to tell Lije?
5. Who asks Lije about the call he made to Washington D.C. to Dr. Gerrigel, a roboticist specialist?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Gerrigel demonstrate the first law of robotics and at the same time prove once and for all R. Daneel's innocence?
2. Does Lije seem to be finally thinking more clearly and to what might you attribute that?
3. How is a conflict between Lije's professional and personal life demonstrated in this chapter and how does Lije handle it?
4. When Daneel and Lije return to their apartment, what horrifies does Daneel do that horrifies Lije? Would you feel the same way
5. What does the visit to Yeast town demonstrate?
6. Do you think Lije and Enderby's relationship has changed and how so?
7. How has the murder of R. Sammy changed the relationship between Lije and R. Daneel?
8. How is R. Daneel able to assure Lije of Enderby's innocence and does Daneel's explanation seem plausible?
9. How does a section kitchen work and what is the implication of such a setup?
10. What childhood story makes Lije re-think Enderby as the murder suspect and why do you think Lije makes the connection between the story and Enderby?
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)