|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what group does Jesse re-involve herself?
(b) Rennaissance Knights.
2. What did Daneel detect in Clousarr?
(a) No brain waves.
(b) An openness to change.
(c) A hostility beyond what is rational.
(d) Cerebric changes.
3. How long would it take to create a non-Aesonion positronic brain which dismisses the Three Laws?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 50 years.
4. Who is standing next to Enderby?
(d) Dr. Gerrigel.
5. Of what does Daneel assure Lije?
(a) That Daneel had to learn as much as possible about the crime scene.
(b) That Enderby is innocent.
(c) That Dr. Sarton truly is dead.
(d) That Enderby does not know everything about the crime scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Dr. Gerrigel use his Handbook of Robotics?
2. What is one of the things that gives Lije the idea that Enderby is guilty of killing Dr. Sarton?
3. Where does Lije plan to take Clousarr?
4. Why does Lije commiserate with Enderby?
5. What does Daneel believe about Jesse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does THE CAVES OF STEEL reach its climax and subsequent denouement?
2. Who does Lije call in Washington, D.C. and why does Lije call the man?
3. How is a conflict between Lije's professional and personal life demonstrated in this chapter and how does Lije handle it?
4. How does the conversation between Lije and Clousarr show Lije's changing opinions of robots?
5. How is R. Daneel able to assure Lije of Enderby's innocence and does Daneel's explanation seem plausible?
6. Discuss the game Lije played in his earlier days and how it figures in to his sense of competitiveness with R. Daneel?
7. Why do you think R. Daneel reveals his vulnerabilities to Lije?
8. How does Lije react to Bentley showing up at the apartment and what does this say about the relationship between Lije and Jesse?
9. Why can't Daneel use cerebroanalysis to find the murderer?
10. How do you think Lije's prejudice towards robots hinders his murder investigation?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)