|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Gerrigel not able to imagine a human would do voluntarily?
(a) Keeping an android in the house.
(b) Exiting the city and traveling across country on foot.
(c) Traveling by train.
(d) Going to Spacetown.
2. How does Clousarr act towards Lije?
(b) Cold and sarcastic.
3. What is one of the things that gives Lije the idea that Enderby is guilty of killing Dr. Sarton?
(a) Lije realizes Enderby could have gone to the power plant.
(b) Enderby uses Jesse's real name and says Clousarr used it.
(c) Lije knows Enderby killed R. Sammy.
(d) Lije sees a blaster burn on Enderby's leg.
4. Where do Daneel and Lije go?
(a) To their apartment.
(b) To Washington, D.C.
(c) To Yeast Town.
5. What does Dr. Fastolfe tell Daneel to tell Lije?
(a) That the investigation into Dr. Sarton's death is being closed.
(b) That Daneel has to return to Aurora.
(c) That Dr. Sarton is indeed alive.
(d) That Lije is needed back in Spacetown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lije consider Daneel at the end of the book?
2. How many people have had disorderly conduct cases with robots in the past twenty-five years?
3. Who is the leader of the group that Jesse is attending?
4. What does Lije tell Enderby in a last ditch effort to hold his life and job together?
5. Who arrives 20 minutes late to meet with Lije and Daneel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think R. Daneel reveals his vulnerabilities to Lije?
2. How has the murder of R. Sammy changed the relationship between Lije and R. Daneel?
3. How does a section kitchen work and what is the implication of such a setup?
4. What theme is demonstrated by the conversation between Lije and Norris?
5. Do you think Clousarr is an evil character?
6. Who does Lije call in Washington, D.C. and why does Lije call the man?
7. What childhood story makes Lije re-think Enderby as the murder suspect and why do you think Lije makes the connection between the story and Enderby?
8. How is R. Daneel able to assure Lije of Enderby's innocence and does Daneel's explanation seem plausible?
9. Why can't Daneel use cerebroanalysis to find the murderer?
10. How does THE CAVES OF STEEL reach its climax and subsequent denouement?
This section contains 1,306 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)