|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is staring at Lije and Daneel at dinner?
(a) No one.
(b) Eight people.
(c) Another detective.
(d) The restaurant manager.
2. How does Enderby accidentally kill Dr. Sarton?
(a) Enderby intended to kill Fastole and Sarton got in the way.
(b) It was no accident.
(c) Enderby's blaster went off when he trips.
(d) In thinking Dr. Sarton is Daneel.
3. Of what does Daneel assure Lije?
(a) That Enderby does not know everything about the crime scene.
(b) That Dr. Sarton truly is dead.
(c) That Daneel had to learn as much as possible about the crime scene.
(d) That Enderby is innocent.
4. When the men are chasing Lije and Daneel, what does Daneel soon tell Lije?
(a) That Lije left his blaster on the table.
(b) That only one man is still chasing them.
(c) That Daneel may have to kill one of the men.
(d) That Daneel doesn't have his blaster.
5. What does Daneel ask Lije while they are having dinner?
(a) If Lije knows Enderby very well.
(b) If Lije is worried that Daneel might hurt Lije's family.
(c) If Lije believes the Spacers are innocent of the murder.
(d) If it is considered rude to stare at a man while he is eating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Jessie fearful as the meetings became more heated?
2. Where does Lije escort his guest and Daneel?
3. What is the First Law of Robotics?
4. What does Clousarr try to do to Daneel?
5. What happens when Daneel and Lije rise from their table?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Lije seem to be finally thinking more clearly and to what might you attribute that?
2. How does Dr. Gerrigel demonstrate the first law of robotics and at the same time prove once and for all R. Daneel's innocence?
3. How does Lije react to Bentley showing up at the apartment and what does this say about the relationship between Lije and Jesse?
4. Do you think Lije and Enderby's relationship has changed and how so?
5. How is a conflict between Lije's professional and personal life demonstrated in this chapter and how does Lije handle it?
6. What theme is demonstrated by the conversation between Lije and Norris?
7. How does THE CAVES OF STEEL reach its climax and subsequent denouement?
8. What childhood story makes Lije re-think Enderby as the murder suspect and why do you think Lije makes the connection between the story and Enderby?
9. Who does Lije call in Washington, D.C. and why does Lije call the man?
10. Discuss the game Lije played in his earlier days and how it figures in to his sense of competitiveness with R. Daneel?
This section contains 1,491 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)