|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Dr. Gerrigel afraid?
2. When Daneel is explaining his abilities, what briefly crosses Lije's mind?
(a) That Daneel is incapable of lying.
(b) That Enderby could be them murderer.
(c) That Daneel is capable of lying.
(d) That Lije could get to like Daneel as a friend.
3. Who is one member of the group that Lije recognizes the name?
(a) Francis Clousarr.
(b) Fran Clement.
(c) Francis Klecker.
(d) Jon Decker.
4. Who knocks on the apartment door?
(b) Dr. Fastolfe.
(c) Dr. Sarton.
5. Who asks Lije about the call he made to Washington D.C. to Dr. Gerrigel, a roboticist specialist?
(d) Dr. Fostolfe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lije escort his guest and Daneel?
2. How is Jessie behaving as she comes into the station?
3. Who does Lije convince to come to New York City?
4. About what does Lije press Daneel?
5. Who arrives 20 minutes late to meet with Lije and Daneel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Lije seem to be finally thinking more clearly and to what might you attribute that?
2. What does Lije propose and how does Dr. Gerrigel refute Lije's theory?
3. Discuss the game Lije played in his earlier days and how it figures in to his sense of competitiveness with R. Daneel?
4. Do you think Lije and Enderby's relationship has changed and how so?
5. What childhood story makes Lije re-think Enderby as the murder suspect and why do you think Lije makes the connection between the story and Enderby?
6. What theme is demonstrated by the conversation between Lije and Norris?
7. How does Lije react to Bentley showing up at the apartment and what does this say about the relationship between Lije and Jesse?
8. How is R. Daneel able to assure Lije of Enderby's innocence and does Daneel's explanation seem plausible?
9. What does the visit to Yeast town demonstrate?
10. How does THE CAVES OF STEEL reach its climax and subsequent denouement?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)