|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Dr. Gerrigel afraid?
2. What were the Spacers able to do with Lije?
(a) To pair him with a robot with minimal problems.
(c) To continue Dr. Sarton's work by Lije figuring out the murderer.
(d) To open his mind to colonization with the help of a mild drug.
3. Who is standing next to Enderby?
(c) Dr. Gerrigel.
4. What does Lije tell Enderby in a last ditch effort to hold his life and job together?
(a) That Lije knows who murdered R. Sammy.
(b) That Daneel killed R. Sammy.
(c) That Lije is going to make Enderby look good to the higher ups.
(d) That Lije knows who murdered Dr. Sarton.
5. What does Daneel pull out of his chest?
(a) A sack with the food he ate at the restaurant.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A bag of circuit boards.
(d) A reprogrammer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the First Law of Robotics?
2. What does Philip Norris, Plain Clothes Man C-5 ask Lije?
3. About what does Lije press Daneel?
4. What did Daneel detect in Clousarr?
5. Why is Vincent Barrett a suspect in the death of R. Sammy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Gerrigel demonstrate the first law of robotics and at the same time prove once and for all R. Daneel's innocence?
2. When Daneel and Lije return to their apartment, what horrifies does Daneel do that horrifies Lije? Would you feel the same way
3. Why can't Daneel use cerebroanalysis to find the murderer?
4. How does a section kitchen work and what is the implication of such a setup?
5. How does the conversation between Lije and Clousarr show Lije's changing opinions of robots?
6. Discuss the game Lije played in his earlier days and how it figures in to his sense of competitiveness with R. Daneel?
7. Why do you think R. Daneel reveals his vulnerabilities to Lije?
8. How do you think Lije's prejudice towards robots hinders his murder investigation?
9. What childhood story makes Lije re-think Enderby as the murder suspect and why do you think Lije makes the connection between the story and Enderby?
10. How is a conflict between Lije's professional and personal life demonstrated in this chapter and how does Lije handle it?
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)