|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lije want to test with Daneel?
(a) The First Law of Robotics.
(b) The Third Law of Robotics.
(c) His theory about human appearing robots.
(d) The Second Law of Robotics.
2. What did Daneel detect in Clousarr?
(a) An openness to change.
(b) Cerebric changes.
(c) A hostility beyond what is rational.
(d) No brain waves.
3. How is Jessie behaving as she comes into the station?
(c) In a fit of anger.
(d) As if she is embarrassed.
4. Who arrives 20 minutes late to meet with Lije and Daneel?
(a) Dr. Gerrigel.
(b) Dr. Fostolfe.
(c) Francis Clousarr.
5. How many people have had disorderly conduct cases with robots in the past twenty-five years?
(a) Less than ten.
(b) Over a million.
(c) A couple thousand.
(d) A few dozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Lije about the call he made to Washington D.C. to Dr. Gerrigel, a roboticist specialist?
2. What does Daneel ask Lije after they turn over Clousarr to detention?
3. Of what is Dr. Gerrigel afraid?
4. How long would it take to create a non-Aesonion positronic brain which dismisses the Three Laws?
5. What were the Spacers able to do with Lije?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Lije's prejudice towards robots hinders his murder investigation?
2. How is a conflict between Lije's professional and personal life demonstrated in this chapter and how does Lije handle it?
3. What does Lije propose and how does Dr. Gerrigel refute Lije's theory?
4. How does THE CAVES OF STEEL reach its climax and subsequent denouement?
5. How does a section kitchen work and what is the implication of such a setup?
6. What theme is demonstrated by the conversation between Lije and Norris?
7. What is the explanation that Dr. Gerrigel offers for the physical appearance of robots. Does this explanation seem plausible to you?
8. How does Dr. Gerrigel demonstrate the first law of robotics and at the same time prove once and for all R. Daneel's innocence?
9. Why do you think R. Daneel reveals his vulnerabilities to Lije?
10. When Daneel and Lije return to their apartment, what horrifies does Daneel do that horrifies Lije? Would you feel the same way
This section contains 1,204 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)