|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lije want to test with Daneel?
(a) The Third Law of Robotics.
(b) The Second Law of Robotics.
(c) His theory about human appearing robots.
(d) The First Law of Robotics.
2. What does Daneel pull out of his chest?
(a) A reprogrammer.
(b) A sack with the food he ate at the restaurant.
(c) A bag of circuit boards.
(d) A pistol.
3. What does Lije tell Enderby in a last ditch effort to hold his life and job together?
(a) That Lije knows who murdered Dr. Sarton.
(b) That Lije knows who murdered R. Sammy.
(c) That Lije is going to make Enderby look good to the higher ups.
(d) That Daneel killed R. Sammy.
4. What has just been discovered at the police department?
(a) A package of anthrax powder.
(b) A pile of unregistered weapons.
(c) A corpse.
(d) A bomb.
5. Why does Clousarr sulk the whole way out onto Seventeenth Street?
(a) He is afraid of what his co-workers think.
(b) He is afraid of losing his job.
(c) He cannot convince Lije of the threat of robots.
(d) He does not get to eat his meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lije plan to take Clousarr?
2. What does Lije tell Jesse when she is worried?
3. What is Dr. Gerrigel not able to imagine a human would do voluntarily?
4. About what is Enderby surprisingly calm?
5. To where do the two cops run?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think R. Daneel reveals his vulnerabilities to Lije?
2. What theme is demonstrated by the conversation between Lije and Norris?
3. What childhood story makes Lije re-think Enderby as the murder suspect and why do you think Lije makes the connection between the story and Enderby?
4. How does Dr. Gerrigel demonstrate the first law of robotics and at the same time prove once and for all R. Daneel's innocence?
5. How do you think Lije's prejudice towards robots hinders his murder investigation?
6. How does THE CAVES OF STEEL reach its climax and subsequent denouement?
7. How does Lije react to Bentley showing up at the apartment and what does this say about the relationship between Lije and Jesse?
8. What does Lije propose and how does Dr. Gerrigel refute Lije's theory?
9. How does a section kitchen work and what is the implication of such a setup?
10. Does Lije seem to be finally thinking more clearly and to what might you attribute that?
This section contains 1,308 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)