|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is standing next to Enderby?
(a) Dr. Gerrigel.
2. How does Clousarr act towards Lije?
(d) Cold and sarcastic.
3. Why does Lije commiserate with Enderby?
(a) Because of Enderby being investigated for the murder.
(b) Because Enderby's wife is very difficult.
(c) Because Enderby and Dr. Sarton were good friends.
(d) Because Enderby has to work with robots everyday.
4. What does Lije tell Enderby in a last ditch effort to hold his life and job together?
(a) That Lije knows who murdered Dr. Sarton.
(b) That Daneel killed R. Sammy.
(c) That Lije is going to make Enderby look good to the higher ups.
(d) That Lije knows who murdered R. Sammy.
5. To what does Lije's mind think back?
(a) Running the strips.
(b) His life in the slums.
(c) His life before he became a cop.
(d) Making peace with the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daneel ask Lije while they are having dinner?
2. Who asks Lije about the call he made to Washington D.C. to Dr. Gerrigel, a roboticist specialist?
3. Who is the leader of the group that Jesse is attending?
4. Where does Lije escort his guest and Daneel?
5. With what did Enderby intend to blackmail Lije if necessary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theme is demonstrated by the conversation between Lije and Norris?
2. When Daneel and Lije return to their apartment, what horrifies does Daneel do that horrifies Lije? Would you feel the same way
3. How has Lije's knowledge of robotics grown enough that he is able to use that knowledge to get Daneel's cooperation?
4. Why do you think R. Daneel reveals his vulnerabilities to Lije?
5. Why can't Daneel use cerebroanalysis to find the murderer?
6. How do you think Lije's prejudice towards robots hinders his murder investigation?
7. What does the visit to Yeast town demonstrate?
8. What childhood story makes Lije re-think Enderby as the murder suspect and why do you think Lije makes the connection between the story and Enderby?
9. What is the explanation that Dr. Gerrigel offers for the physical appearance of robots. Does this explanation seem plausible to you?
10. How does THE CAVES OF STEEL reach its climax and subsequent denouement?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)