|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clousarr try to do to Daneel?
(a) Rile him.
(b) Punch him.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Ignore him.
2. About what is Enderby surprisingly calm?
(a) Daneel's belief that Enderby needs to be investigated.
(b) Lije's outburst in Spacetown.
(c) Lije's thoughts about Daneel.
(d) Lije's resignation.
3. How does Lije consider Daneel at the end of the book?
(a) As a friend.
(b) As almost human.
(c) As a competent cop.
(d) As an incompetent cop, but nice.
4. Who does Lije convince to come to New York City?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His contact in Washington, D.C.
(d) His brother-in-law to care for his family.
5. How many people have had disorderly conduct cases with robots in the past twenty-five years?
(a) Less than ten.
(b) Over a million.
(c) A few dozen.
(d) A couple thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where do the two cops run?
2. Where does Lije plan to take Clousarr?
3. How does Enderby accidentally kill Dr. Sarton?
4. Who is the leader of the group that Jesse is attending?
5. Who knocks on the apartment door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What childhood story makes Lije re-think Enderby as the murder suspect and why do you think Lije makes the connection between the story and Enderby?
2. How does THE CAVES OF STEEL reach its climax and subsequent denouement?
3. How has Lije's knowledge of robotics grown enough that he is able to use that knowledge to get Daneel's cooperation?
4. What does Lije propose and how does Dr. Gerrigel refute Lije's theory?
5. Does Lije seem to be finally thinking more clearly and to what might you attribute that?
6. How is R. Daneel able to assure Lije of Enderby's innocence and does Daneel's explanation seem plausible?
7. Why can't Daneel use cerebroanalysis to find the murderer?
8. What is the explanation that Dr. Gerrigel offers for the physical appearance of robots. Does this explanation seem plausible to you?
9. What theme is demonstrated by the conversation between Lije and Norris?
10. How is a conflict between Lije's professional and personal life demonstrated in this chapter and how does Lije handle it?
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)