|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Clousarr say he has been during the last few nights?
(a) In home asleep.
(b) Out of town.
(c) Out walking.
(d) With his wife.
2. Who arrives 20 minutes late to meet with Lije and Daneel?
(a) Dr. Gerrigel.
(b) Francis Clousarr.
(c) Dr. Fostolfe.
3. What is the name of one of the men from the shoe store and kitchen incident?
(a) Gerard Stepanoupolis.
(b) Paul Gerry.
(c) Gerard Paul.
(d) John Derrick.
4. Of what is Dr. Gerrigel afraid?
5. What is one of the things that gives Lije the idea that Enderby is guilty of killing Dr. Sarton?
(a) Lije knows Enderby killed R. Sammy.
(b) Enderby uses Jesse's real name and says Clousarr used it.
(c) Lije sees a blaster burn on Enderby's leg.
(d) Lije realizes Enderby could have gone to the power plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lije dream that night?
2. For what does Dr. Gerrigel use his Handbook of Robotics?
3. What is Dr. Gerrigel not able to imagine a human would do voluntarily?
4. How does Clousarr act towards Lije?
5. What does Francis Clousarr do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Daneel and Lije return to their apartment, what horrifies does Daneel do that horrifies Lije? Would you feel the same way
2. Why can't Daneel use cerebroanalysis to find the murderer?
3. Does Lije seem to be finally thinking more clearly and to what might you attribute that?
4. What is the explanation that Dr. Gerrigel offers for the physical appearance of robots. Does this explanation seem plausible to you?
5. How does Dr. Gerrigel demonstrate the first law of robotics and at the same time prove once and for all R. Daneel's innocence?
6. Do you think Clousarr is an evil character?
7. What does Lije propose and how does Dr. Gerrigel refute Lije's theory?
8. How do you think Lije's prejudice towards robots hinders his murder investigation?
9. What does the visit to Yeast town demonstrate?
10. Why do you think R. Daneel reveals his vulnerabilities to Lije?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)