|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Vincent Barrett a suspect in the death of R. Sammy?
(a) Because R. Sammy took Vincent's job.
(b) Because R. Sammy has an affair with Vincent's wife.
(c) Because R. Sammy insulted Vincent in front of other cops.
(d) Because R. Sammy is a robot.
2. From what does Lije tell Daneel to stay away?
(a) The red lines.
(b) The sirens.
(c) The barbed fence.
(d) The blue lights.
3. Why does Lije decide to leave Jessie's name out of his report about the group?
(a) She has told them everything she knows and has not committed any crime.
(b) She is his wife.
(c) She has been duped.
(d) She is the mother of his child.
4. Where does Lije plan to take Clousarr?
(a) No where.
(b) To Clousarr's boss.
(d) To Spacetown.
5. How does Clousarr act towards Lije?
(d) Cold and sarcastic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Gerrigel not able to imagine a human would do voluntarily?
2. What does Lije dream that night?
3. Who asks Lije about the call he made to Washington D.C. to Dr. Gerrigel, a roboticist specialist?
4. Who does Enderby intend to kill in Spacertown?
5. When the men are chasing Lije and Daneel, what does Daneel soon tell Lije?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Lije seem to be finally thinking more clearly and to what might you attribute that?
2. How does Dr. Gerrigel demonstrate the first law of robotics and at the same time prove once and for all R. Daneel's innocence?
3. What does Lije propose and how does Dr. Gerrigel refute Lije's theory?
4. Compare the relationship of Enderby and Lije with that of Lije and Daneel at the conclusion of the novel.
5. How does Lije react to Bentley showing up at the apartment and what does this say about the relationship between Lije and Jesse?
6. How do you think Lije's prejudice towards robots hinders his murder investigation?
7. What theme is demonstrated by the conversation between Lije and Norris?
8. How has Lije's knowledge of robotics grown enough that he is able to use that knowledge to get Daneel's cooperation?
9. How is a conflict between Lije's professional and personal life demonstrated in this chapter and how does Lije handle it?
10. When Daneel and Lije return to their apartment, what horrifies does Daneel do that horrifies Lije? Would you feel the same way
This section contains 1,335 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)