|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are most robots made in human form?
(a) So humans are less afraid of them.
(b) It is an issue of economics and efficiency.
(c) So robots can infiltrate and spy.
(d) Because robots need to feel a part of a community.
2. What does Daneel pull out of his chest?
(a) A bag of circuit boards.
(b) A reprogrammer.
(c) A sack with the food he ate at the restaurant.
(d) A pistol.
3. What has just been discovered at the police department?
(a) A corpse.
(b) A pile of unregistered weapons.
(c) A package of anthrax powder.
(d) A bomb.
4. What did Daneel detect in Clousarr?
(a) No brain waves.
(b) A hostility beyond what is rational.
(c) Cerebric changes.
(d) An openness to change.
5. What is Dr. Gerrigel not able to imagine a human would do voluntarily?
(a) Keeping an android in the house.
(b) Traveling by train.
(c) Going to Spacetown.
(d) Exiting the city and traveling across country on foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clousarr try to do to Daneel?
2. What does Lije tell Jesse when she is worried?
3. Where do the men end?
4. How does Enderby accidentally kill Dr. Sarton?
5. Where does Lije think Daneel could hide a blaster?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Lije's prejudice towards robots hinders his murder investigation?
2. Who does Lije call in Washington, D.C. and why does Lije call the man?
3. Do you think Clousarr is an evil character?
4. What is the explanation that Dr. Gerrigel offers for the physical appearance of robots. Does this explanation seem plausible to you?
5. How does Dr. Gerrigel demonstrate the first law of robotics and at the same time prove once and for all R. Daneel's innocence?
6. How has Lije's knowledge of robotics grown enough that he is able to use that knowledge to get Daneel's cooperation?
7. Why do you think R. Daneel reveals his vulnerabilities to Lije?
8. When Daneel and Lije return to their apartment, what horrifies does Daneel do that horrifies Lije? Would you feel the same way
9. Do you think Lije and Enderby's relationship has changed and how so?
10. What theme is demonstrated by the conversation between Lije and Norris?
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)