|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Enderby three days earlier?
(a) He was demoted.
(b) He was robbed.
(c) He broke his glasses.
(d) He had a heart attack.
2. What does R. Daneel arrange?
(a) To fly to the Spacer world in a new type of helicopter.
(b) To meet the Spacer president.
(c) To have lunch with some other robots.
(d) For Lije and him to visit the Spacer world.
3. What does Lije believe Enderby will think about Lije's theory of the murder?
(a) Enderby will be furious.
(b) Enderby will fire Lije from the force altogether.
(c) Enderby will replace Lije on the case.
(d) Enderby thinks there are some valid points to the theory.
4. What is Jesse's impression of Daneel's demeanor?
(a) His demeanor is intimidating.
(b) His demeanor is pleasing.
(c) His demeanor is flat.
(d) His demeanor is cold.
5. What is the reason for some of the riots?
(a) Robots taking over men's jobs.
(b) The lack of safety precautions in factories.
(c) They are not sure.
(d) Robots looking too human.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do guards address Lije at the entrance to Spacetown?
2. How do they determine if Lije is healthy?
3. What does Lije realize as the crowd calms?
4. What does Jesse ask Lije that night?
5. How does Lije feel as he breathes real country air?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does it seem that Lije reacts to the idea of having a robot for a partner?
2. Why can't Daneel use cerebroanalysis to find the murderer?
3. What is the process Lije has to go through to enter Spacetown and does this seem an invasion of privacy?
4. What shocks Lije about his new partner, R. Daneel, and why do you think this bothers Lije so much?
5. What are a couple differences between the City where Lije lives and Spacetown?
6. Who is the murder victim and what do the Spacers think about his murder?
7. How are robots used by Earthmen versus Spacers?
8. Why is Lije upset by R. Daneel's actions to control the crowd?
9. Does Lije seem to be finally thinking more clearly and to what might you attribute that?
10. What is Lije subjected to again as he enters Spacetown?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)