Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Lije try to intervene?
(a) His wife's bad habits.
(b) The commotion he and the robot enounter.
(c) The vilification of robots.
(d) The shooting death of a colleague.
2. Who is R. Daneel Olivaw?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A botanist.
(d) A Spacer humanoid robot.
3. What must Lije leave behind at the guard station?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His watch.
(c) His blaster.
4. What shocks Lije?
(a) That R. Daneel Olivaw knows all about Lije's life.
(b) That R. Daneel Olivaw has none of the characteristics of an Earth robot and is quite humanoid.
(c) That R. Daneel Olivaw laughs.
(d) That R. Daneel Olivaw eats hot dogs.
5. In what field did Roj Nemennuh Sarton specialize?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daneel say he was doing in the Men's Personals?
2. Who is Roj Nemennuh Sarton?
3. What does Daneel say will happen to the next person who takes action against a robot?
4. What does Lije explain to the women?
5. What would Lije not mind as far as his position?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does THE CAVES OF STEEL reach its climax and subsequent denouement?
2. What does Lije state about the murder of Dr. Sarton and how is his analysis received by Dr. Fastolfe and Enderby?
3. Why is Lije unwilling to ask for reassignment from this case and what is Jesse's attitude about Lije's position on the force?
4. How does a section kitchen work and what is the implication of such a setup?
5. What is the process Lije has to go through to enter Spacetown and does this seem an invasion of privacy?
6. Do you think Lije and Enderby's relationship has changed and how so?
7. What is Lije subjected to again as he enters Spacetown?
8. How do you think Lije feels about bringing home a robot who is his professional partner?
9. Do you think Clousarr is an evil character?
10. Compare the relationship of Enderby and Lije with that of Lije and Daneel at the conclusion of the novel.
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)