|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Fastolfe suggest to Lije?
(a) That Lije try to see Daneel as a partner rather than adversary.
(b) That Lije remove himself from the case.
(c) That Lije walk about in the Spacer world to get more familiar with them.
(d) That Lije watch some book-films of the crime scene.
2. In what field did Roj Nemennuh Sarton specialize?
3. From what planet is Roj Nemennuh Sarton?
4. What does Jesse ask Lije that night?
(a) That Daneel be gone out of their house.
(b) That Lije change jobs and get something less dangerous.
(c) That Bentley be allowed to go with Lije to the Spacer world.
(d) To have another child.
5. Why does Lije's father lose his job at the power plant?
(a) Because there was an accident at the plant.
(b) Because the power plant closes down.
(c) Because the plant changed its power source.
(d) Because he punched his boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lije meet Jesse?
2. What happened to Enderby three days earlier?
3. What does Daneel say he was doing in the Men's Personals?
4. What does Lije think is odd about Daneel being "programmed" for justice?
5. What is one thing that may be difficult for Lije in working with the robot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocks Lije about his new partner, R. Daneel, and why do you think this bothers Lije so much?
2. Why is Lije upset by R. Daneel's actions to control the crowd?
3. Does it seem Jessie's uneasiness about R. Daneel is her peculiar belief or do others share her sentiments?
4. How does it seem that Lije reacts to the idea of having a robot for a partner?
5. Why is R. Daneel so different from other robots?
6. What is Lije's rationale for believing Dr. Sarton is not dead, but that the Spacers want the Earthmen to believe Dr. Sarton is murdered by a City dweller?
7. What does Jesse want and what is Lije's response? Is Jesse justified in her request?
8. Do you think Lije's personal feelings about robots and his experience with R. Daneel in the shoe store will interfere with his job as a police officer to investigate the Spacer death with R. Daneel?
9. Often foreshadowing is not apparent until later, but there are usually reasons an author mentions something trivial because it foreshadows something later: What is one thing that may be foreshadowing?
10. What does Lije observe about R. Daneel and what might be the implication of this observation?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)