|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Jesse ask Lije?
(a) The shoe store incident.
(b) What he had for dinner.
(c) Why he brought a robot home.
(d) Why he is late.
2. How has Daneel been programmed?
(a) To have a strong drive for liberty.
(b) To have a strong drive for independance.
(c) To have a strong drive for punishment.
(d) To have a strong drive for justice.
3. Essentially, how does Lije react to Jesse's fears?
(a) Tells her to find a new job where her imagination can be used better.
(b) Tells her he is divorcing her.
(c) Shrugs them off and goes to sleep.
(d) Listens patiently and says she has good points.
4. What seems to intrigue Dr. Fastolfe?
(a) Lije's behavior and obvious dislike of robots and Spacers.
(b) Lije's openminded approve to possible solutions to the crime.
(c) That Lije enjoys Daneel's company but hates robots.
(d) The way Lije conducts crime investigations.
5. What does Lije state to Enderby and the others?
(a) That Daneel killed Dr. Sarton.
(b) That Dr. Fastolfe is the culprit.
(c) That he thinks Dr. Sarton is alive.
(d) That Dr. Fastolfe should not be on the case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lije and Daneel do after the store patrons calm?
2. Who is Roj Nemennuh Sarton?
3. What is Lije's response to Jesse's fears?
4. What does Lije regret not seeing?
5. What does Lije explain to the women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the process Lije has to go through to enter Spacetown and does this seem an invasion of privacy?
2. What does Lije state about the murder of Dr. Sarton and how is his analysis received by Dr. Fastolfe and Enderby?
3. Who is the murder victim and what do the Spacers think about his murder?
4. How has the word "city" changed in the time of this novel?
5. How does Dr. Fastolfe explain the Spacers's paranoia about contact with Earthmen?
6. How does it seem that Lije reacts to the idea of having a robot for a partner?
7. Why do the Spacers want Earthmen to accept robots among them?
8. Why is R. Daneel so different from other robots?
9. What is Lije's rationale for believing Dr. Sarton is not dead, but that the Spacers want the Earthmen to believe Dr. Sarton is murdered by a City dweller?
10. What does Jesse want and what is Lije's response? Is Jesse justified in her request?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)