|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lije state to Enderby and the others?
(a) That Dr. Fastolfe should not be on the case.
(b) That he thinks Dr. Sarton is alive.
(c) That Dr. Fastolfe is the culprit.
(d) That Daneel killed Dr. Sarton.
2. What does Lije say to Enderby about R. Daneel?
(a) That Daneel is an incredible robot.
(b) That Daneel seems rather emotional for a robot.
(c) That Lije wishes he had known ahead of time about how human Daneel appears.
(d) That Daneel is already trying to take over the investigation.
3. What does Fastolfe fear?
(a) That the general public thinks Spacers are afraid of Earthmen.
(b) That the general public would want to visit Spacers.
(c) That the Spacers could be wiped out by disease.
(d) That Dr. Sarton was doing something unethical.
4. About what are the women at the shoe store angry?
(a) Because robots are not allowed to shop there.
(b) That the clerks are robots.
(c) Because the store manager insulted an elderly customer.
(d) That the special sale is canceled.
5. In what did Lije participate?
(a) The great exodus.
(b) The great reef race.
(c) The Barrier Riots.
(d) The Earth to Mars marathon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daneel say will happen to the next person who takes action against a robot?
2. What does R. Daneel arrange?
3. How are the Spacers vulnerable?
4. Under what circumstances will the Spacers allow an investigation and will not send a report to their Outerworlds?
5. Where is the family usually required to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem that Lije and R. Daneel encounter at the shoe store, and do you think the women are justified?
2. What is Lije subjected to again as he enters Spacetown?
3. Why is Lije unwilling to ask for reassignment from this case and what is Jesse's attitude about Lije's position on the force?
4. What is Lije's rationale for believing Dr. Sarton is not dead, but that the Spacers want the Earthmen to believe Dr. Sarton is murdered by a City dweller?
5. What does Lije state about the murder of Dr. Sarton and how is his analysis received by Dr. Fastolfe and Enderby?
6. How do you think Lije feels about bringing home a robot who is his professional partner?
7. What are a couple differences between the City where Lije lives and Spacetown?
8. Why is R. Daneel so different from other robots?
9. Why do the Spacers want Earthmen to accept robots among them?
10. How does Dr. Fastolfe explain the Spacers's paranoia about contact with Earthmen?
This section contains 1,319 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)