|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lije meet Jesse?
(a) Off world.
(b) Near the Grand Canyon.
(c) At the beach.
(d) At a Section Christmas party.
2. What is ironic about Daneel threatening to use a blaster against a human?
(a) Daneel is violating the law he is sworn to uphold.
(b) Daneel does not have a real blaster.
(c) Daneel is human.
(d) Robots cannot use blasters against humans.
3. Why does Lije go to Spacetown?
(a) To start interviewing potential robot partners.
(b) To have dinner with the Commissioner.
(c) To see if he wants to conduct the investigation.
(d) To find the robot.
4. What is Jesse's full name?
5. What would Lije like as far as getting to work?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A fast car.
(c) He would like a driver.
(d) A guaranteed seat on the Expressway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daneel find at the men's personals?
2. What does Lije think happened?
3. What does Lije say to Enderby about R. Daneel?
4. What does Lije regret not seeing?
5. What does Lije ask about Daneel's activities the night before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lije observe about R. Daneel and what might be the implication of this observation?
2. Why do you think Bentley seems conflicted about R. Daneel?
3. What is Lije's rationale for believing Dr. Sarton is not dead, but that the Spacers want the Earthmen to believe Dr. Sarton is murdered by a City dweller?
4. What is the process Lije has to go through to enter Spacetown and does this seem an invasion of privacy?
5. What is disconcerting about Jesse's announcement after she comes home from a night out?
6. Who is the murder victim and what do the Spacers think about his murder?
7. Why does Lije request Enderby to be a witness to a conversation Lije is about to have with Dr. Fastolfe and R. Daneel?
8. Why do the Spacers want Earthmen to accept robots among them?
9. What shocks Lije about his new partner, R. Daneel, and why do you think this bothers Lije so much?
10. What is it about R. Daneel that makes it difficult for Lije to believe Daneel is not human?
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)