|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daneel suddenly do?
(b) Punches Lije.
(c) Pulls his arm off in two pieces revealing metal.
2. What does Lije want to do as the crowd grows?
(a) Shoot his gun into the air to quiet them.
(b) Spray tear gas on them.
(c) Call a riot squad.
(d) Push the fire alarm.
3. Of what does Daneel remind Lije?
(a) That the night is when the murder occurred.
(b) That Bentley will be in trouble for talking to a robot.
(c) That they have much to do that night.
(d) That Bentley does not know he is a robot.
4. Who is the possible suspect?
(d) No one.
5. What does Lije say to Enderby about R. Daneel?
(a) That Daneel is an incredible robot.
(b) That Daneel seems rather emotional for a robot.
(c) That Daneel is already trying to take over the investigation.
(d) That Lije wishes he had known ahead of time about how human Daneel appears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Fastolfe say about Daneel's entire make up?
2. Who is R. Daneel Olivaw?
3. What does Fastolfe fear?
4. Of what does Fastolfe dream?
5. What makes Lije feel disgust for robots?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lije meet Jesse, his wife, and what about their names may foreshadow something further in the story?
2. What is disconcerting about Jesse's announcement after she comes home from a night out?
3. What do you think is the significance of the fact that the family is required to eat in the community kitchen most of the week?
4. Why does Lije request Enderby to be a witness to a conversation Lije is about to have with Dr. Fastolfe and R. Daneel?
5. Does it seem Jessie's uneasiness about R. Daneel is her peculiar belief or do others share her sentiments?
6. Do you think Lije's personal feelings about robots and his experience with R. Daneel in the shoe store will interfere with his job as a police officer to investigate the Spacer death with R. Daneel?
7. Why did Dr. Sarton engage in robotic research?
8. Why is Lije unwilling to ask for reassignment from this case and what is Jesse's attitude about Lije's position on the force?
9. How does R. Daneel disprove Lije's theory and is Enderby's response appropriate?
10. What are a couple differences between the City where Lije lives and Spacetown?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)