|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lije think happened?
(a) Dr. Sarton made a robot copy of himself, blasted it, and arranged for the Spacers to send a robot into the City.
(b) Dr. Sarton was murdered but his body was not found.
(c) Dr. Sarton is hiding out somewhere.
(d) Dr. Sarton has moved back to Aurora.
2. What does Dr. Fastolfe say about Daneel's entire make up?
(a) He is volatile if attacked.
(b) It is different from the average robot.
(c) He is programmed for several emotions.
(d) He is anatomically correct on the inside also.
3. What is the relationship of Jesse and Lije's counterparts in the Bible?
4. Why does Lije prefer Enderby to do so rather than himself?
(a) Lije hates paperwork.
(b) Enderby has connections with the government.
(c) Enderby was once a Spacer.
(d) The Spacers trust Enderby.
5. What would Lije not mind as far as his position?
(a) A new secretary.
(b) A different office with a window.
(c) A new boss.
(d) A promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Lije try to intervene?
2. Of what does Jesse accuse Lije?
3. What does Lije wonder about his Spacetown robot partner?
4. Who warms up to Daneel quickly?
5. Where is Daneel that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lije state about the murder of Dr. Sarton and how is his analysis received by Dr. Fastolfe and Enderby?
2. What is the problem that Lije and R. Daneel encounter at the shoe store, and do you think the women are justified?
3. What do you think could be an advantage if a clerk who is serving you were a robot?
4. What is Lije subjected to again as he enters Spacetown?
5. What is the process Lije has to go through to enter Spacetown and does this seem an invasion of privacy?
6. How do you think Lije feels about bringing home a robot who is his professional partner?
7. How are robots used by Earthmen versus Spacers?
8. How has the word "city" changed in the time of this novel?
9. Why do the Spacers want Earthmen to accept robots among them?
10. Who is the murder victim and what do the Spacers think about his murder?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)