|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one clue that makes Lije think Daneel is human?
(a) He threatened humans in the shoe store.
(b) Daneel cried over a sad movie.
(c) Lije found him with a woman.
(d) He ate dinner.
2. Under what circumstances will the Spacers allow an investigation and will not send a report to their Outerworlds?
(a) If Lije takes on a Spacer robot as his partner.
(b) If the family of the dead spacer is spared of knowing it was suicide.
(c) If there are two Spacers involved in the investigation.
(d) If the company who manufactured the faulty relay is punished.
3. Who is R. Daneel Olivaw?
(a) A Spacer humanoid robot.
(b) A botanist.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A policeman.
4. Where is Dr. Sarton's body now?
(a) At the funeral home.
(b) In the Spacer morgue.
(d) In the Earthman morgue.
5. What does Lije believe Enderby will think about Lije's theory of the murder?
(a) Enderby will fire Lije from the force altogether.
(b) Enderby thinks there are some valid points to the theory.
(c) Enderby will replace Lije on the case.
(d) Enderby will be furious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes it difficult for humans to enter Spacetown?
2. How do they determine if Lije is healthy?
3. In what field did Roj Nemennuh Sarton specialize?
4. Of what does Jesse accuse Lije?
5. What is Enderby doing while witnessing the exchange between Fastolfe and Lije.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is established at the opening of the novel?
2. What is it about Fastolfe's age that most Earthmen would find extraordinary and do you think you would enjoy his lifespan?
3. How do you think Lije feels about bringing home a robot who is his professional partner?
4. What is Lije subjected to again as he enters Spacetown?
5. What is Lije's rationale for believing Dr. Sarton is not dead, but that the Spacers want the Earthmen to believe Dr. Sarton is murdered by a City dweller?
6. What is disconcerting about Jesse's announcement after she comes home from a night out?
7. What is it about R. Daneel that makes it difficult for Lije to believe Daneel is not human?
8. What possible theme is already apparent in this first chapter?
9. How are robots used by Earthmen versus Spacers?
10. How did Lije meet Jesse, his wife, and what about their names may foreshadow something further in the story?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)