|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lije wonder about his Spacetown robot partner?
(a) If he talks like a human.
(b) How he will adapt to life in the city.
(c) If he can get married and have sex.
(d) If he eats real food.
2. How do guards address Lije at the entrance to Spacetown?
(a) With outright hostility.
(b) With a salute and request for identification.
(c) With a barely concealed frown.
(d) They wave him through because of Daneel.
3. What do Lije and Daneel do after the store patrons calm?
(a) Write up a report.
(b) Get some doughnuts.
(c) Rush onto the expressway.
(d) Wait for several squad cars to come and monitor the situation.
4. What does Daneel suddenly do?
(a) Punches Lije.
(b) Pulls his arm off in two pieces revealing metal.
5. What does Lije believe Enderby will think about Lije's theory of the murder?
(a) Enderby thinks there are some valid points to the theory.
(b) Enderby will be furious.
(c) Enderby will fire Lije from the force altogether.
(d) Enderby will replace Lije on the case.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Jesse accuse Lije?
2. What does Jesse ask Lije that night?
3. Why does Lije's father lose his job at the power plant?
4. What does Lije regret not seeing?
5. Where did Lije meet Jesse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the visit to Yeast town demonstrate?
2. Does Lije seem to be finally thinking more clearly and to what might you attribute that?
3. What does Lije propose and how does Dr. Gerrigel refute Lije's theory?
4. How did Lije meet Jesse, his wife, and what about their names may foreshadow something further in the story?
5. Do you think Clousarr is an evil character?
6. Who does Lije call in Washington, D.C. and why does Lije call the man?
7. How has the murder of R. Sammy changed the relationship between Lije and R. Daneel?
8. What does Lije state about the murder of Dr. Sarton and how is his analysis received by Dr. Fastolfe and Enderby?
9. What is Lije's rationale for believing Dr. Sarton is not dead, but that the Spacers want the Earthmen to believe Dr. Sarton is murdered by a City dweller?
10. What is the unexpected result of Lije's accusations about R. Daneel?
This section contains 1,255 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)