|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daneel think an Earthman could enter the Spacer territory?
(a) Using an invisibility machine.
(b) Disguised as a robot.
(c) Daneel does not believe it is possible.
(d) Through the countryside.
2. Who does Lije think may be responsible for the murder?
(a) A lover of the victim.
(b) An accidental, drive-by shooting.
(c) A disgruntled employee.
(d) A psychotic individual.
3. What would Lije like as far as getting to work?
(a) A guaranteed seat on the Expressway.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) He would like a driver.
(d) A fast car.
4. What seems to intrigue Dr. Fastolfe?
(a) Lije's openminded approve to possible solutions to the crime.
(b) That Lije enjoys Daneel's company but hates robots.
(c) The way Lije conducts crime investigations.
(d) Lije's behavior and obvious dislike of robots and Spacers.
5. How has Daneel been programmed?
(a) To have a strong drive for punishment.
(b) To have a strong drive for liberty.
(c) To have a strong drive for independance.
(d) To have a strong drive for justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Enderby about to tell Baley?
2. Of what does Daneel remind Lije?
3. Of what does Jesse accuse Lije?
4. What must Lije leave behind at the guard station?
5. What did Roj Nemennuh Sarton think would produce a world like the one the Spacers wanted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem that Lije and R. Daneel encounter at the shoe store, and do you think the women are justified?
2. Often foreshadowing is not apparent until later, but there are usually reasons an author mentions something trivial because it foreshadows something later: What is one thing that may be foreshadowing?
3. How are robots used by Earthmen versus Spacers?
4. What possible theme is already apparent in this first chapter?
5. What is the process Lije has to go through to enter Spacetown and does this seem an invasion of privacy?
6. Why is Lije upset by R. Daneel's actions to control the crowd?
7. How and why is light regulated in the City's artificial environment?
8. Why do the Spacers want Earthmen to accept robots among them?
9. How does R. Daneel disprove Lije's theory and is Enderby's response appropriate?
10. What shocks Lije about his new partner, R. Daneel, and why do you think this bothers Lije so much?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)