|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the robot and Lije encounter on the way to Lije's home?
(a) A commotion outside department store.
(b) The robot's best friend.
(c) Lije's boss.
(d) Lije's son.
2. Of what does Jesse accuse Lije?
(a) Of being an inattentive father.
(b) Of being insensitive.
(c) Of being Enderby's lackey for years.
(d) Of being overly protective.
3. What makes it difficult for humans to enter Spacetown?
(a) The steps and other conveniences are not the right size for humans.
(b) A force barrier put in place by the Spacers 25 years earlier.
(c) The noise.
(d) The pollution.
4. Why does Lije go to Spacetown?
(a) To find the robot.
(b) To have dinner with the Commissioner.
(c) To see if he wants to conduct the investigation.
(d) To start interviewing potential robot partners.
5. Who warms up to Daneel quickly?
(a) The police at the station.
(b) The neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lije ask Fastolfe?
2. What does Lije state to Enderby and the others?
3. What does Lije regret not seeing?
4. Why does Enderby think Dr. Sarton is dead?
5. What is Elijah Baley's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is established at the opening of the novel?
2. How does R. Daneel disprove Lije's theory and is Enderby's response appropriate?
3. Why does Lije request Enderby to be a witness to a conversation Lije is about to have with Dr. Fastolfe and R. Daneel?
4. Discuss the game Lije played in his earlier days and how it figures in to his sense of competitiveness with R. Daneel?
5. What are a couple differences between the City where Lije lives and Spacetown?
6. What is it about Fastolfe's age that most Earthmen would find extraordinary and do you think you would enjoy his lifespan?
7. How does it seem that Lije reacts to the idea of having a robot for a partner?
8. Do you think Lije's personal feelings about robots and his experience with R. Daneel in the shoe store will interfere with his job as a police officer to investigate the Spacer death with R. Daneel?
9. What theme is demonstrated by the conversation between Lije and Norris?
10. Does Lije seem to be finally thinking more clearly and to what might you attribute that?
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)