|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the possible suspect?
(d) No one.
2. What does Lije explain to the women?
(a) That robots are there because no one else wants the job.
(b) That robots are only doing their job.
(c) That robots are dangerous to anger.
(d) That robots are taking over the world and they may as well accept the fact.
3. In what field did Roj Nemennuh Sarton specialize?
4. What is ironic about Daneel threatening to use a blaster against a human?
(a) Daneel is violating the law he is sworn to uphold.
(b) Daneel is human.
(c) Daneel does not have a real blaster.
(d) Robots cannot use blasters against humans.
5. What does the government call things such as riots?
(a) Necessary evils.
(b) Nothing; they pretend those sort of things don't exist.
(c) Horrific happenings.
(d) Growing pains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lije think is odd about Daneel being "programmed" for justice?
2. What does Lije question about Enderby?
3. How do guards address Lije at the entrance to Spacetown?
4. What does Lije wonder about his Spacetown robot partner?
5. What do Lije and Daneel do after the store patrons calm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about R. Daneel that makes it difficult for Lije to believe Daneel is not human?
2. Do you think Lije's personal feelings about robots and his experience with R. Daneel in the shoe store will interfere with his job as a police officer to investigate the Spacer death with R. Daneel?
3. How do you think Lije feels about bringing home a robot who is his professional partner?
4. What is disconcerting about Jesse's announcement after she comes home from a night out?
5. What is established at the opening of the novel?
6. What is the problem that Lije and R. Daneel encounter at the shoe store, and do you think the women are justified?
7. What do you think is the significance of the fact that the family is required to eat in the community kitchen most of the week?
8. How are robots used by Earthmen versus Spacers?
9. What are a couple differences between the City where Lije lives and Spacetown?
10. Why is Lije upset by R. Daneel's actions to control the crowd?
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)