|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lije think is odd about Daneel being "programmed" for justice?
(a) Daneel was not seeking justice in the shoe store.
(b) It is an abstract feeling and robots cannot have abstract feelings.
(c) It is not the right kind of emotion for a cop robot.
(d) Daneel was angry in the shoe store.
2. What would Lije like as far as getting to work?
(a) A fast car.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A guaranteed seat on the Expressway.
(d) He would like a driver.
3. What does Dr. Fastolfe say about Daneel's entire make up?
(a) He is volatile if attacked.
(b) It is different from the average robot.
(c) He is anatomically correct on the inside also.
(d) He is programmed for several emotions.
4. What is Lije's response to Jesse's fears?
(a) That Lije is safer as a cop than in many other professions.
(b) That she is being childish.
(c) That she is still young enough for another child.
(d) That Jesse's job is safe as long as Lije helps Enderby.
5. What does Daneel do as the family dines?
(a) Watches a book film.
(c) Reads the news on the internet.
(d) Works out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lije ask about Daneel's activities the night before?
2. Of what is R. Daneel Olivaw a prototype?
3. What is the average life expectancy for a male on Fastolfe's home planet, Aurora?
4. Who fears human disease and is unable to deal with the huge crowds in Cities?
5. Who is the possible suspect?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lije unwilling to ask for reassignment from this case and what is Jesse's attitude about Lije's position on the force?
2. Why do the Spacers want Earthmen to accept robots among them?
3. How and why is light regulated in the City's artificial environment?
4. What are a couple differences between the City where Lije lives and Spacetown?
5. What possible theme is already apparent in this first chapter?
6. Who is the murder victim and what do the Spacers think about his murder?
7. Often foreshadowing is not apparent until later, but there are usually reasons an author mentions something trivial because it foreshadows something later: What is one thing that may be foreshadowing?
8. Why did Dr. Sarton engage in robotic research?
9. How does it seem that Lije reacts to the idea of having a robot for a partner?
10. What does Lije observe about R. Daneel and what might be the implication of this observation?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)