|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jesse?
(a) Lije's boss's daughter.
(b) Lije's ex-girlfriend.
(c) Lije's wife.
(d) Lije's best friend.
2. What did Roj Nemennuh Sarton think would produce a world like the one the Spacers wanted?
(a) Everyone going vegetarian.
(b) The integration of robots with human society.
(d) Creating androids that actually could reproduce.
3. How does Lije feel as he breathes real country air?
(d) He coughs.
4. With what is Lije content?
(a) His family life.
(b) His position.
(d) His wife.
5. How has Daneel been programmed?
(a) To have a strong drive for independance.
(b) To have a strong drive for liberty.
(c) To have a strong drive for justice.
(d) To have a strong drive for punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Enderby think Dr. Sarton is dead?
2. How do guards address Lije at the entrance to Spacetown?
3. What does Lije wonder about his Spacetown robot partner?
4. What would Lije like as far as getting to work?
5. What does Fastolfe fear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Lije seem to be finally thinking more clearly and to what might you attribute that?
2. How did Lije meet Jesse, his wife, and what about their names may foreshadow something further in the story?
3. What possible theme is already apparent in this first chapter?
4. What theme is demonstrated by the conversation between Lije and Norris?
5. What is Lije subjected to again as he enters Spacetown?
6. Compare the relationship of Enderby and Lije with that of Lije and Daneel at the conclusion of the novel.
7. Why do you think R. Daneel reveals his vulnerabilities to Lije?
8. When Daneel and Lije return to their apartment, what horrifies does Daneel do that horrifies Lije? Would you feel the same way
9. How do you think Lije's prejudice towards robots hinders his murder investigation?
10. What does Lije observe about R. Daneel and what might be the implication of this observation?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)