|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daneel say will happen to the next person who takes action against a robot?
(a) The person will be arrested.
(b) The person will be confined for a week in a robot factory.
(c) The person will be killed.
(d) The person will have to live with the Spacers for 6 months.
2. What did Roj Nemennuh Sarton think would produce a world like the one the Spacers wanted?
(a) The integration of robots with human society.
(b) Creating androids that actually could reproduce.
(c) Everyone going vegetarian.
3. Where is Dr. Sarton's body now?
(a) At the funeral home.
(b) In the Earthman morgue.
(d) In the Spacer morgue.
4. What does Daneel suddenly do?
(a) Pulls his arm off in two pieces revealing metal.
(b) Punches Lije.
5. Where is the family usually required to eat?
(a) The restaurant down the street.
(b) Anywhere they want.
(c) The community kitchen.
(d) With the next-door neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lije prefer Enderby to do so rather than himself?
2. To whom does Lije introduce Jesse?
3. What does the government call things such as riots?
4. Who warms up to Daneel quickly?
5. How does Daneel think an Earthman could enter the Spacer territory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are a couple differences between the City where Lije lives and Spacetown?
2. Why does Lije request Enderby to be a witness to a conversation Lije is about to have with Dr. Fastolfe and R. Daneel?
3. What is Lije's rationale for believing Dr. Sarton is not dead, but that the Spacers want the Earthmen to believe Dr. Sarton is murdered by a City dweller?
4. What is it about R. Daneel that makes it difficult for Lije to believe Daneel is not human?
5. Do you think Lije's personal feelings about robots and his experience with R. Daneel in the shoe store will interfere with his job as a police officer to investigate the Spacer death with R. Daneel?
6. What is the unexpected result of Lije's accusations about R. Daneel?
7. What does Lije observe about R. Daneel and what might be the implication of this observation?
8. What do you think could be an advantage if a clerk who is serving you were a robot?
9. How does it seem that Lije reacts to the idea of having a robot for a partner?
10. What shocks Lije about his new partner, R. Daneel, and why do you think this bothers Lije so much?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)