|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will Enderby be witness to the investigation?
(a) Via trimensional personification.
(b) He will not know anything until Lije and Daneel are finished.
(c) By Lije recording it on video.
(d) By regular phone calls.
2. How do guards address Lije at the entrance to Spacetown?
(a) With outright hostility.
(b) With a salute and request for identification.
(c) They wave him through because of Daneel.
(d) With a barely concealed frown.
3. What does Dr. Fastolfe say about Daneel's entire make up?
(a) He is anatomically correct on the inside also.
(b) He is programmed for several emotions.
(c) It is different from the average robot.
(d) He is volatile if attacked.
4. Who notices that Julius Enderby appears uneasy and distressed about something?
(a) R. Daneel Olivaw.
(b) Enderby's secretary.
(c) Lije Baley.
(d) Enderby's wife.
5. About what does Jesse ask Lije?
(a) Why he is late.
(b) The shoe store incident.
(c) Why he brought a robot home.
(d) What he had for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lije state to Enderby and the others?
2. How does Daneel think an Earthman could enter the Spacer territory?
3. Who do the Spacers believe is responsible for the spacer's death?
4. Who warms up to Daneel quickly?
5. What does Dr. Fastolfe suggest to Lije?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think is the significance of the fact that the family is required to eat in the community kitchen most of the week?
2. What does Lije observe about R. Daneel and what might be the implication of this observation?
3. Does it seem Jessie's uneasiness about R. Daneel is her peculiar belief or do others share her sentiments?
4. What are a couple differences between the City where Lije lives and Spacetown?
5. How has the word "city" changed in the time of this novel?
6. How does R. Daneel disprove Lije's theory and is Enderby's response appropriate?
7. Why do the Spacers want Earthmen to accept robots among them?
8. Why is Lije unwilling to ask for reassignment from this case and what is Jesse's attitude about Lije's position on the force?
9. What do you think could be an advantage if a clerk who is serving you were a robot?
10. How are robots used by Earthmen versus Spacers?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)