|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship of Jesse and Lije's counterparts in the Bible?
2. Of what does Fastolfe dream?
(a) A way to immortality.
(b) A cross-breeding between robots and men.
(c) Total integration of the Spacers and Earthmen.
(d) An egalitarian universe.
3. What does Daneel say will happen to the next person who takes action against a robot?
(a) The person will be confined for a week in a robot factory.
(b) The person will be arrested.
(c) The person will be killed.
(d) The person will have to live with the Spacers for 6 months.
4. What does Lije regret not seeing?
(a) The Spacer city.
(b) The world of Aurora.
(c) The book-films on the crime scene.
(d) Earth before it became badly polluted.
5. What seems to intrigue Dr. Fastolfe?
(a) Lije's openminded approve to possible solutions to the crime.
(b) That Lije enjoys Daneel's company but hates robots.
(c) The way Lije conducts crime investigations.
(d) Lije's behavior and obvious dislike of robots and Spacers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Spacers believe is responsible for the spacer's death?
2. Essentially, how does Lije react to Jesse's fears?
3. How does Daneel think an Earthman could enter the Spacer territory?
4. What is Enderby's response about Daneel?
5. What must Lije leave behind at the guard station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are a couple differences between the City where Lije lives and Spacetown?
2. Why do you think Bentley seems conflicted about R. Daneel?
3. Do you think Lije's personal feelings about robots and his experience with R. Daneel in the shoe store will interfere with his job as a police officer to investigate the Spacer death with R. Daneel?
4. Why is Lije unwilling to ask for reassignment from this case and what is Jesse's attitude about Lije's position on the force?
5. What possible theme is already apparent in this first chapter?
6. Why did Dr. Sarton engage in robotic research?
7. What do you think is the significance of the fact that the family is required to eat in the community kitchen most of the week?
8. Does it seem Jessie's uneasiness about R. Daneel is her peculiar belief or do others share her sentiments?
9. How has the word "city" changed in the time of this novel?
10. What shocks Lije about his new partner, R. Daneel, and why do you think this bothers Lije so much?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)