|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is difficult for Lije about the robot?
(a) That the robot is green.
(b) That the robot seems to read Lije's mind.
(c) His likeness to real humans.
(d) That the robot only talks when necessary.
2. Who does Lije think may be responsible for the murder?
(a) An accidental, drive-by shooting.
(b) A lover of the victim.
(c) A disgruntled employee.
(d) A psychotic individual.
3. What does R. Daneel arrange?
(a) To meet the Spacer president.
(b) To have lunch with some other robots.
(c) For Lije and him to visit the Spacer world.
(d) To fly to the Spacer world in a new type of helicopter.
4. Why does Lije prefer Enderby to do so rather than himself?
(a) Enderby was once a Spacer.
(b) Lije hates paperwork.
(c) Enderby has connections with the government.
(d) The Spacers trust Enderby.
5. What is the reason for some of the riots?
(a) The lack of safety precautions in factories.
(b) Robots looking too human.
(c) Robots taking over men's jobs.
(d) They are not sure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lije question about Enderby?
2. Where is Daneel that night?
3. How did a spacer die three days ago?
4. What would Lije not mind as far as his position?
5. What will Lije receive if he agrees to working with a robot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the word "city" changed in the time of this novel?
2. Does it seem Jessie's uneasiness about R. Daneel is her peculiar belief or do others share her sentiments?
3. Do you think Lije's personal feelings about robots and his experience with R. Daneel in the shoe store will interfere with his job as a police officer to investigate the Spacer death with R. Daneel?
4. How does it seem that Lije reacts to the idea of having a robot for a partner?
5. How does Dr. Fastolfe explain the Spacers's paranoia about contact with Earthmen?
6. Why does Lije request Enderby to be a witness to a conversation Lije is about to have with Dr. Fastolfe and R. Daneel?
7. What does Jesse want and what is Lije's response? Is Jesse justified in her request?
8. What is the unexpected result of Lije's accusations about R. Daneel?
9. What are a couple differences between the City where Lije lives and Spacetown?
10. What does Lije state about the murder of Dr. Sarton and how is his analysis received by Dr. Fastolfe and Enderby?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)