|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lije think Daneel could hide a blaster?
(a) Daneel can't hide one.
(b) In his food sac.
(c) In his leg cavity.
(d) In his arm cavity.
2. About what is Enderby surprisingly calm?
(a) Daneel's belief that Enderby needs to be investigated.
(b) Lije's thoughts about Daneel.
(c) Lije's resignation.
(d) Lije's outburst in Spacetown.
3. Where do Daneel and Lije go?
(a) To their apartment.
(b) To Washington, D.C.
(c) To Yeast Town.
4. What is the purpose of the investigation of Dr. Sarton's murder for the Spacers?
(a) To gain a foothold in New York.
(b) An excuse for the Spacers to study humans in the field.
(c) To play with Lije's mind.
(d) To bring the murderer to justice.
5. Who does Enderby intend to kill in Spacertown?
(b) No one.
(c) Dr. Fastolfe.
(d) Dr. Sarton.
6. What does Dr. Fastolfe tell Daneel to tell Lije?
(a) That Lije is needed back in Spacetown.
(b) That Dr. Sarton is indeed alive.
(c) That Daneel has to return to Aurora.
(d) That the investigation into Dr. Sarton's death is being closed.
7. What is dangerous to a positronic brain?
(a) Electrical impulses.
(d) Sonic waves.
8. For what was Daneel originally built?
(a) To study human psychology for the people in Spacetown and conducting cerebroanalysis.
(b) To be a prototype for a new generation of robots.
(c) To live in the City.
(d) To help Dr. Sarton.
9. Where does Clousarr say he has been during the last few nights?
(a) In home asleep.
(b) Out of town.
(c) With his wife.
(d) Out walking.
10. What happens when Daneel and Lije rise from their table?
(a) Daneel trips and falls into a woman who screams "robot."
(b) The waiter asks them to leave via the kitchen.
(c) Two men who are watching them also rise.
(d) The manager tells them the dinner is on him.
11. What is the name of the story about a man in London who committed a murder and then got lost in the never-ending roads, mazes and alleyways of the City?
(a) "A Londoner Murders and Wanders."
(b) "Wandering Londoner."
(c) "A Murderer Wanders in London."
(d) "Wandering Murderer."
12. What is one of the things that gives Lije the idea that Enderby is guilty of killing Dr. Sarton?
(a) Enderby uses Jesse's real name and says Clousarr used it.
(b) Lije knows Enderby killed R. Sammy.
(c) Lije realizes Enderby could have gone to the power plant.
(d) Lije sees a blaster burn on Enderby's leg.
13. Why is Daneel eliminated as a suspect?
(a) He is bounded by the laws of robotics.
(b) His blaster is not armed.
(c) He was somewhere else on the night of the murder.
(d) He was made by Dr. Sarton.
14. What were the Spacers able to do with Lije?
(a) To continue Dr. Sarton's work by Lije figuring out the murderer.
(c) To open his mind to colonization with the help of a mild drug.
(d) To pair him with a robot with minimal problems.
15. When the men are chasing Lije and Daneel, what does Daneel soon tell Lije?
(a) That Lije left his blaster on the table.
(b) That Daneel doesn't have his blaster.
(c) That Daneel may have to kill one of the men.
(d) That only one man is still chasing them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the group that Jesse is attending?
2. What does Lije tell Enderby in a last ditch effort to hold his life and job together?
3. Who is the obvious suspect as the killer of Dr. Sarton?
4. What does Philip Norris, Plain Clothes Man C-5 ask Lije?
5. Under what stipulation will Lije and Daneel agree not to prosecute Enderby?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)