|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daneel believe about Jesse?
(a) That she is a member of the conspiracy and should be questioned.
(b) That she is dangerous.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is very supportive of robots.
2. Who is standing next to Enderby?
(d) Dr. Gerrigel.
3. What does Francis Clousarr do?
(a) He is a manager at the yeast factory.
(b) He is a mechanic at the yeast factory.
(c) He is a zymologist, or yeast specialist.
(d) He is a baker at the yeast factory.
4. How does Lije consider Daneel at the end of the book?
(a) As a competent cop.
(b) As an incompetent cop, but nice.
(c) As almost human.
(d) As a friend.
5. Where does Lije think Daneel could hide a blaster?
(a) In his food sac.
(b) Daneel can't hide one.
(c) In his arm cavity.
(d) In his leg cavity.
6. Why are most robots made in human form?
(a) So robots can infiltrate and spy.
(b) So humans are less afraid of them.
(c) Because robots need to feel a part of a community.
(d) It is an issue of economics and efficiency.
7. Under what stipulation will Lije and Daneel agree not to prosecute Enderby?
(a) They intend to prosecute Enderby.
(b) If Enderby contributes a substantial donation to robotic research.
(c) If Enderby moves to Aurora.
(d) If Enderby assists in promoting emigration into Space.
8. Why is Vincent Barrett a suspect in the death of R. Sammy?
(a) Because R. Sammy has an affair with Vincent's wife.
(b) Because R. Sammy took Vincent's job.
(c) Because R. Sammy insulted Vincent in front of other cops.
(d) Because R. Sammy is a robot.
9. What is the name of the story about a man in London who committed a murder and then got lost in the never-ending roads, mazes and alleyways of the City?
(a) "Wandering Londoner."
(b) "A Londoner Murders and Wanders."
(c) "Wandering Murderer."
(d) "A Murderer Wanders in London."
10. Where does Lije escort his guest and Daneel?
(a) To Spacetown.
(b) To the shoe store.
(c) To his apartment.
(d) To Conference Room D, a spy-insulated chamber.
11. How many people have had disorderly conduct cases with robots in the past twenty-five years?
(a) A couple thousand.
(b) A few dozen.
(c) Over a million.
(d) Less than ten.
12. Who pushes the person into the fission chamber?
(d) Dr. Sarton.
13. What is the purpose of the investigation of Dr. Sarton's murder for the Spacers?
(a) To play with Lije's mind.
(b) To bring the murderer to justice.
(c) To gain a foothold in New York.
(d) An excuse for the Spacers to study humans in the field.
14. Where does Clousarr say he has been during the last few nights?
(a) Out walking.
(b) Out of town.
(c) With his wife.
(d) In home asleep.
15. What does Lije want to test with Daneel?
(a) The Third Law of Robotics.
(b) The Second Law of Robotics.
(c) His theory about human appearing robots.
(d) The First Law of Robotics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Enderby intend to kill in Spacertown?
2. To what does Lije's mind think back?
3. What is one of the things that gives Lije the idea that Enderby is guilty of killing Dr. Sarton?
4. What is the First Law of Robotics?
5. Who is Francis Clousarr?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)