|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives 20 minutes late to meet with Lije and Daneel?
(a) Dr. Gerrigel.
(c) Francis Clousarr.
(d) Dr. Fostolfe.
2. How long would it take to create a non-Aesonion positronic brain which dismisses the Three Laws?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 20 years.
3. What does Daneel believe about Jesse?
(a) That she is very supportive of robots.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is dangerous.
(d) That she is a member of the conspiracy and should be questioned.
4. To where do the two cops run?
(a) To Lije's apartment.
(b) To the police car cruising down the street.
(c) To the expressway.
(d) To the ally.
5. What did Daneel detect in Clousarr?
(a) No brain waves.
(b) Cerebric changes.
(c) An openness to change.
(d) A hostility beyond what is rational.
6. Of what does Daneel assure Lije?
(a) That Daneel had to learn as much as possible about the crime scene.
(b) That Enderby does not know everything about the crime scene.
(c) That Dr. Sarton truly is dead.
(d) That Enderby is innocent.
7. To what does Lije's mind think back?
(a) Running the strips.
(b) His life before he became a cop.
(c) Making peace with the men.
(d) His life in the slums.
8. What has just been discovered at the police department?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A corpse.
(c) A package of anthrax powder.
(d) A pile of unregistered weapons.
9. What happens when Daneel and Lije rise from their table?
(a) The waiter asks them to leave via the kitchen.
(b) The manager tells them the dinner is on him.
(c) Daneel trips and falls into a woman who screams "robot."
(d) Two men who are watching them also rise.
10. What does Daneel pull out of his chest?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A bag of circuit boards.
(c) A sack with the food he ate at the restaurant.
(d) A reprogrammer.
11. What does Lije dream that night?
(a) That Bentley is falling into the fission chamber of a nuclear power plant.
(b) That Daneel is falling into the fission chamber of a nuclear power plant.
(c) That Dr. Sarton is alive and on the planet of Aurora.
(d) That Jesse is falling into the fission chamber of a nuclear power plant.
12. Who is one member of the group that Lije recognizes the name?
(a) Jon Decker.
(b) Francis Klecker.
(c) Fran Clement.
(d) Francis Clousarr.
13. Where does Lije escort his guest and Daneel?
(a) To Conference Room D, a spy-insulated chamber.
(b) To Spacetown.
(c) To the shoe store.
(d) To his apartment.
14. Why are most robots made in human form?
(a) So humans are less afraid of them.
(b) Because robots need to feel a part of a community.
(c) So robots can infiltrate and spy.
(d) It is an issue of economics and efficiency.
15. What is Dr. Gerrigel not able to imagine a human would do voluntarily?
(a) Keeping an android in the house.
(b) Exiting the city and traveling across country on foot.
(c) Going to Spacetown.
(d) Traveling by train.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lije consider Daneel at the end of the book?
2. Why does Lije decide to leave Jessie's name out of his report about the group?
3. Why is Vincent Barrett a suspect in the death of R. Sammy?
4. What is dangerous to a positronic brain?
5. Who pushes the person into the fission chamber?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)