|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what did Enderby intend to blackmail Lije if necessary?
(a) Lije's illegitimate child.
(b) The fact that Lije's brother is in prison for life.
(c) Jesse's membership in an anti-robot group.
(d) That Lije has an extra ration card.
2. Why is Daneel eliminated as a suspect?
(a) He was somewhere else on the night of the murder.
(b) He was made by Dr. Sarton.
(c) His blaster is not armed.
(d) He is bounded by the laws of robotics.
3. Of what is Dr. Gerrigel afraid?
4. How does Enderby accidentally kill Dr. Sarton?
(a) Enderby's blaster went off when he trips.
(b) In thinking Dr. Sarton is Daneel.
(c) It was no accident.
(d) Enderby intended to kill Fastole and Sarton got in the way.
5. When Daneel is explaining his abilities, what briefly crosses Lije's mind?
(a) That Daneel is capable of lying.
(b) That Enderby could be them murderer.
(c) That Daneel is incapable of lying.
(d) That Lije could get to like Daneel as a friend.
6. Why does Clousarr sulk the whole way out onto Seventeenth Street?
(a) He cannot convince Lije of the threat of robots.
(b) He is afraid of losing his job.
(c) He does not get to eat his meal.
(d) He is afraid of what his co-workers think.
7. Who is one member of the group that Lije recognizes the name?
(a) Francis Clousarr.
(b) Jon Decker.
(c) Francis Klecker.
(d) Fran Clement.
8. What does Dr. Fastolfe tell Daneel to tell Lije?
(a) That the investigation into Dr. Sarton's death is being closed.
(b) That Dr. Sarton is indeed alive.
(c) That Lije is needed back in Spacetown.
(d) That Daneel has to return to Aurora.
9. Where does Clousarr say he has been during the last few nights?
(a) With his wife.
(b) Out of town.
(c) Out walking.
(d) In home asleep.
10. For what does Dr. Gerrigel use his Handbook of Robotics?
(a) To read up on Dr. Sarton.
(b) To explain the laws of Robotics to Lije.
(c) To question Daneel.
(d) To question Lije.
11. Who is the obvious suspect as the killer of Dr. Sarton?
(a) A Spacer.
(b) Someone from Aurora.
(d) A City dweller.
12. What does Lije tell Enderby in a last ditch effort to hold his life and job together?
(a) That Lije knows who murdered R. Sammy.
(b) That Lije knows who murdered Dr. Sarton.
(c) That Daneel killed R. Sammy.
(d) That Lije is going to make Enderby look good to the higher ups.
13. What does Lije tell Jesse when she is worried?
(a) That he has quit the case.
(b) That Bentley is now in danger.
(c) That he has a couple bodyguards at all times.
(d) To stop being so concerned.
14. How is Jessie behaving as she comes into the station?
(c) In a fit of anger.
(d) As if she is embarrassed.
15. Why does Lije commiserate with Enderby?
(a) Because Enderby and Dr. Sarton were good friends.
(b) Because Enderby has to work with robots everyday.
(c) Because Enderby's wife is very difficult.
(d) Because of Enderby being investigated for the murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Gerrigel not able to imagine a human would do voluntarily?
2. For what was Daneel originally built?
3. What is dangerous to a positronic brain?
4. Why is Vincent Barrett a suspect in the death of R. Sammy?
5. Of what is Jessie fearful as the meetings became more heated?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)