|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Lije uneasy?
(a) The story about the man who committed a murder in London.
(b) Not quite believing that Dr. Sarton is really dead.
(c) Having to ask Daneel advice.
(d) Having to suspect everyone as the murderer of Dr. Sarton.
2. Who is standing next to Enderby?
(c) Dr. Gerrigel.
3. Why are most robots made in human form?
(a) Because robots need to feel a part of a community.
(b) It is an issue of economics and efficiency.
(c) So humans are less afraid of them.
(d) So robots can infiltrate and spy.
4. When Daneel is explaining his abilities, what briefly crosses Lije's mind?
(a) That Daneel is capable of lying.
(b) That Lije could get to like Daneel as a friend.
(c) That Enderby could be them murderer.
(d) That Daneel is incapable of lying.
5. How does Lije consider Daneel at the end of the book?
(a) As a friend.
(b) As a competent cop.
(c) As an incompetent cop, but nice.
(d) As almost human.
6. What did Daneel detect in Clousarr?
(a) No brain waves.
(b) Cerebric changes.
(c) A hostility beyond what is rational.
(d) An openness to change.
7. What is dangerous to a positronic brain?
(a) Sonic waves.
(c) Electrical impulses.
8. What is the name of one of the men from the shoe store and kitchen incident?
(a) John Derrick.
(b) Gerard Paul.
(c) Paul Gerry.
(d) Gerard Stepanoupolis.
9. Where does Lije think Daneel could hide a blaster?
(a) In his arm cavity.
(b) In his leg cavity.
(c) Daneel can't hide one.
(d) In his food sac.
10. How does Clousarr act towards Lije?
(b) Cold and sarcastic.
11. Who asks Lije about the call he made to Washington D.C. to Dr. Gerrigel, a roboticist specialist?
(c) Dr. Fostolfe.
12. Who is Francis Clousarr?
(a) An employee at New York Yeast who has several robot friends.
(b) Another detective who wants the Sarton case.
(c) An employee at New York Yeast who was arrested when he was 32 years old for participating in a riot.
(d) Lije's best friend.
13. Of what does Daneel assure Lije?
(a) That Dr. Sarton truly is dead.
(b) That Daneel had to learn as much as possible about the crime scene.
(c) That Enderby does not know everything about the crime scene.
(d) That Enderby is innocent.
14. Why does Lije decide to leave Jessie's name out of his report about the group?
(a) She is the mother of his child.
(b) She has told them everything she knows and has not committed any crime.
(c) She is his wife.
(d) She has been duped.
15. What does Philip Norris, Plain Clothes Man C-5 ask Lije?
(a) About his closeness to Enderby.
(b) If Enderby is still a suspect in the death of Dr. Sarton.
(c) If he can partner with him on the next murder case.
(d) If Philip can borrow Lije's blaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Vincent Barrett a suspect in the death of R. Sammy?
2. Who is one member of the group that Lije recognizes the name?
3. Why does Clousarr sulk the whole way out onto Seventeenth Street?
4. What is the purpose of the investigation of Dr. Sarton's murder for the Spacers?
5. To what does Lije's mind think back?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)