|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Daneel detect in Clousarr?
(a) A hostility beyond what is rational.
(b) An openness to change.
(c) No brain waves.
(d) Cerebric changes.
2. About what is Enderby surprisingly calm?
(a) Lije's outburst in Spacetown.
(b) Daneel's belief that Enderby needs to be investigated.
(c) Lije's resignation.
(d) Lije's thoughts about Daneel.
3. Why does Clousarr sulk the whole way out onto Seventeenth Street?
(a) He is afraid of what his co-workers think.
(b) He is afraid of losing his job.
(c) He cannot convince Lije of the threat of robots.
(d) He does not get to eat his meal.
4. Who is one member of the group that Lije recognizes the name?
(a) Francis Klecker.
(b) Fran Clement.
(c) Francis Clousarr.
(d) Jon Decker.
5. Where does Lije plan to take Clousarr?
(a) To Spacetown.
(c) To Clousarr's boss.
(d) No where.
6. What happens when Daneel and Lije rise from their table?
(a) The waiter asks them to leave via the kitchen.
(b) Daneel trips and falls into a woman who screams "robot."
(c) The manager tells them the dinner is on him.
(d) Two men who are watching them also rise.
7. What does Daneel believe about Jesse?
(a) That she is very supportive of robots.
(b) That she is dangerous.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is a member of the conspiracy and should be questioned.
8. For what was Daneel originally built?
(a) To be a prototype for a new generation of robots.
(b) To study human psychology for the people in Spacetown and conducting cerebroanalysis.
(c) To help Dr. Sarton.
(d) To live in the City.
9. How does Enderby accidentally kill Dr. Sarton?
(a) It was no accident.
(b) Enderby's blaster went off when he trips.
(c) Enderby intended to kill Fastole and Sarton got in the way.
(d) In thinking Dr. Sarton is Daneel.
10. How long would it take to create a non-Aesonion positronic brain which dismisses the Three Laws?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 20 years.
11. What were the Spacers able to do with Lije?
(a) To continue Dr. Sarton's work by Lije figuring out the murderer.
(b) To open his mind to colonization with the help of a mild drug.
(c) To pair him with a robot with minimal problems.
12. What makes Lije uneasy?
(a) Having to ask Daneel advice.
(b) The story about the man who committed a murder in London.
(c) Having to suspect everyone as the murderer of Dr. Sarton.
(d) Not quite believing that Dr. Sarton is really dead.
13. Who is Francis Clousarr?
(a) An employee at New York Yeast who has several robot friends.
(b) Lije's best friend.
(c) Another detective who wants the Sarton case.
(d) An employee at New York Yeast who was arrested when he was 32 years old for participating in a riot.
14. Of what is Dr. Gerrigel afraid?
15. With what did Enderby intend to blackmail Lije if necessary?
(a) The fact that Lije's brother is in prison for life.
(b) Jesse's membership in an anti-robot group.
(c) That Lije has an extra ration card.
(d) Lije's illegitimate child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lije think he needs to find in Daneel?
2. What does Dr. Fastolfe tell Daneel to tell Lije?
3. What is the name of one of the men from the shoe store and kitchen incident?
4. What does Lije tell Enderby in a last ditch effort to hold his life and job together?
5. How is Jessie behaving as she comes into the station?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)