|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Vincent Barrett a suspect in the death of R. Sammy?
(a) Because R. Sammy has an affair with Vincent's wife.
(b) Because R. Sammy is a robot.
(c) Because R. Sammy insulted Vincent in front of other cops.
(d) Because R. Sammy took Vincent's job.
2. To what does Lije's mind think back?
(a) Making peace with the men.
(b) His life in the slums.
(c) His life before he became a cop.
(d) Running the strips.
3. Where does Lije think Daneel could hide a blaster?
(a) In his food sac.
(b) Daneel can't hide one.
(c) In his leg cavity.
(d) In his arm cavity.
4. Who knocks on the apartment door?
(c) Dr. Sarton.
(d) Dr. Fastolfe.
5. How many people have had disorderly conduct cases with robots in the past twenty-five years?
(a) Less than ten.
(b) A few dozen.
(c) A couple thousand.
(d) Over a million.
6. What does Lije tell Enderby in a last ditch effort to hold his life and job together?
(a) That Daneel killed R. Sammy.
(b) That Lije knows who murdered Dr. Sarton.
(c) That Lije is going to make Enderby look good to the higher ups.
(d) That Lije knows who murdered R. Sammy.
7. With what did Enderby intend to blackmail Lije if necessary?
(a) Lije's illegitimate child.
(b) The fact that Lije's brother is in prison for life.
(c) Jesse's membership in an anti-robot group.
(d) That Lije has an extra ration card.
8. What does Daneel ask Lije while they are having dinner?
(a) If Lije is worried that Daneel might hurt Lije's family.
(b) If Lije believes the Spacers are innocent of the murder.
(c) If Lije knows Enderby very well.
(d) If it is considered rude to stare at a man while he is eating.
9. To where do the two cops run?
(a) To the ally.
(b) To the expressway.
(c) To Lije's apartment.
(d) To the police car cruising down the street.
10. What is the purpose of the investigation of Dr. Sarton's murder for the Spacers?
(a) An excuse for the Spacers to study humans in the field.
(b) To play with Lije's mind.
(c) To bring the murderer to justice.
(d) To gain a foothold in New York.
11. How does Clousarr act towards Lije?
(d) Cold and sarcastic.
12. What does Francis Clousarr do?
(a) He is a mechanic at the yeast factory.
(b) He is a zymologist, or yeast specialist.
(c) He is a manager at the yeast factory.
(d) He is a baker at the yeast factory.
13. Where does Clousarr say he has been during the last few nights?
(a) Out walking.
(b) In home asleep.
(c) With his wife.
(d) Out of town.
14. How long would it take to create a non-Aesonion positronic brain which dismisses the Three Laws?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 12 years.
15. Under what stipulation will Lije and Daneel agree not to prosecute Enderby?
(a) If Enderby moves to Aurora.
(b) If Enderby contributes a substantial donation to robotic research.
(c) They intend to prosecute Enderby.
(d) If Enderby assists in promoting emigration into Space.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daneel believe about Jesse?
2. What does Lije think he needs to find in Daneel?
3. Where does Lije escort his guest and Daneel?
4. Who is the obvious suspect as the killer of Dr. Sarton?
5. What is the name of the story about a man in London who committed a murder and then got lost in the never-ending roads, mazes and alleyways of the City?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)