|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the investigation of Dr. Sarton's murder for the Spacers?
(a) An excuse for the Spacers to study humans in the field.
(b) To bring the murderer to justice.
(c) To play with Lije's mind.
(d) To gain a foothold in New York.
2. What is Dr. Gerrigel not able to imagine a human would do voluntarily?
(a) Going to Spacetown.
(b) Keeping an android in the house.
(c) Traveling by train.
(d) Exiting the city and traveling across country on foot.
3. How does Lije consider Daneel at the end of the book?
(a) As a competent cop.
(b) As almost human.
(c) As a friend.
(d) As an incompetent cop, but nice.
4. What does Lije ask for as far as living accommodations?
(a) A bigger apartment for his family.
(b) A two-bedroom apartment for him and Daneel.
(c) An apartment ajoining his for Daneel.
(d) To move to the Solarium area.
5. Why does Clousarr sulk the whole way out onto Seventeenth Street?
(a) He is afraid of what his co-workers think.
(b) He is afraid of losing his job.
(c) He does not get to eat his meal.
(d) He cannot convince Lije of the threat of robots.
6. Who asks Lije about the call he made to Washington D.C. to Dr. Gerrigel, a roboticist specialist?
(a) Dr. Fostolfe.
7. About what does Lije press Daneel?
(a) Enderby knowing about the crime scene details.
(b) Enderby being a suspect.
(c) Whether Dr. Sarton truly is dead.
(d) Daneel knowing so much about the crime scene.
8. Where does Lije escort his guest and Daneel?
(a) To his apartment.
(b) To the shoe store.
(c) To Spacetown.
(d) To Conference Room D, a spy-insulated chamber.
9. What did Daneel detect in Clousarr?
(a) An openness to change.
(b) No brain waves.
(c) A hostility beyond what is rational.
(d) Cerebric changes.
10. What happens when Daneel and Lije rise from their table?
(a) Daneel trips and falls into a woman who screams "robot."
(b) The waiter asks them to leave via the kitchen.
(c) The manager tells them the dinner is on him.
(d) Two men who are watching them also rise.
11. Of what does Daneel assure Lije?
(a) That Enderby is innocent.
(b) That Daneel had to learn as much as possible about the crime scene.
(c) That Dr. Sarton truly is dead.
(d) That Enderby does not know everything about the crime scene.
12. Who pushes the person into the fission chamber?
(d) Dr. Sarton.
13. What does Francis Clousarr do?
(a) He is a manager at the yeast factory.
(b) He is a zymologist, or yeast specialist.
(c) He is a baker at the yeast factory.
(d) He is a mechanic at the yeast factory.
14. To where do the two cops run?
(a) To the ally.
(b) To Lije's apartment.
(c) To the police car cruising down the street.
(d) To the expressway.
15. What is the name of one of the men from the shoe store and kitchen incident?
(a) Paul Gerry.
(b) Gerard Paul.
(c) John Derrick.
(d) Gerard Stepanoupolis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Dr. Gerrigel afraid?
2. For what was Daneel originally built?
3. How is Jessie behaving as she comes into the station?
4. Who is the leader of the group that Jesse is attending?
5. Who knocks on the apartment door?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)