|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Enderby accidentally kill Dr. Sarton?
(a) It was no accident.
(b) In thinking Dr. Sarton is Daneel.
(c) Enderby's blaster went off when he trips.
(d) Enderby intended to kill Fastole and Sarton got in the way.
2. What is the First Law of Robotics?
(a) That robots cannot harm each other.
(b) That robots cannot be programmed with emotions.
(c) That the most human appearing a robot the safer is the robot.
(d) It is impossible for a robot to harm a human being or let them come in harm's way.
3. What is the name of one of the men from the shoe store and kitchen incident?
(a) Gerard Stepanoupolis.
(b) John Derrick.
(c) Gerard Paul.
(d) Paul Gerry.
4. Who is the leader of the group that Jesse is attending?
(a) Dr. Fostolfe.
(b) Jon Decker.
(c) Joseph Klemin.
(d) Francis Klecker.
5. About what is Enderby surprisingly calm?
(a) Lije's thoughts about Daneel.
(b) Lije's resignation.
(c) Lije's outburst in Spacetown.
(d) Daneel's belief that Enderby needs to be investigated.
6. Where does Clousarr say he has been during the last few nights?
(a) Out of town.
(b) In home asleep.
(c) With his wife.
(d) Out walking.
7. What is the purpose of the investigation of Dr. Sarton's murder for the Spacers?
(a) An excuse for the Spacers to study humans in the field.
(b) To bring the murderer to justice.
(c) To gain a foothold in New York.
(d) To play with Lije's mind.
8. What does Lije dream that night?
(a) That Daneel is falling into the fission chamber of a nuclear power plant.
(b) That Dr. Sarton is alive and on the planet of Aurora.
(c) That Bentley is falling into the fission chamber of a nuclear power plant.
(d) That Jesse is falling into the fission chamber of a nuclear power plant.
9. What does Dr. Fastolfe tell Daneel to tell Lije?
(a) That Lije is needed back in Spacetown.
(b) That Dr. Sarton is indeed alive.
(c) That Daneel has to return to Aurora.
(d) That the investigation into Dr. Sarton's death is being closed.
10. What were the Spacers able to do with Lije?
(b) To pair him with a robot with minimal problems.
(c) To continue Dr. Sarton's work by Lije figuring out the murderer.
(d) To open his mind to colonization with the help of a mild drug.
11. Who is the obvious suspect as the killer of Dr. Sarton?
(b) A Spacer.
(c) A City dweller.
(d) Someone from Aurora.
12. How long would it take to create a non-Aesonion positronic brain which dismisses the Three Laws?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 12 years.
13. Who is one member of the group that Lije recognizes the name?
(a) Francis Clousarr.
(b) Fran Clement.
(c) Jon Decker.
(d) Francis Klecker.
14. Where does Lije think Daneel could hide a blaster?
(a) In his leg cavity.
(b) In his food sac.
(c) In his arm cavity.
(d) Daneel can't hide one.
15. About what does Lije press Daneel?
(a) Enderby knowing about the crime scene details.
(b) Whether Dr. Sarton truly is dead.
(c) Enderby being a suspect.
(d) Daneel knowing so much about the crime scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lije ask for as far as living accommodations?
2. When the men are chasing Lije and Daneel, what does Daneel soon tell Lije?
3. What is one of the things that gives Lije the idea that Enderby is guilty of killing Dr. Sarton?
4. What makes Lije uneasy?
5. What does Daneel ask Lije after they turn over Clousarr to detention?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)