|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Daneel and Lije rise from their table?
(a) The waiter asks them to leave via the kitchen.
(b) Two men who are watching them also rise.
(c) The manager tells them the dinner is on him.
(d) Daneel trips and falls into a woman who screams "robot."
2. Where do the men end?
(a) The power plant.
(c) A nightclub.
(d) A football game.
3. What has just been discovered at the police department?
(a) A pile of unregistered weapons.
(b) A package of anthrax powder.
(c) A corpse.
(d) A bomb.
4. Why does Clousarr sulk the whole way out onto Seventeenth Street?
(a) He does not get to eat his meal.
(b) He cannot convince Lije of the threat of robots.
(c) He is afraid of losing his job.
(d) He is afraid of what his co-workers think.
5. What is the purpose of the investigation of Dr. Sarton's murder for the Spacers?
(a) To gain a foothold in New York.
(b) To play with Lije's mind.
(c) An excuse for the Spacers to study humans in the field.
(d) To bring the murderer to justice.
6. What does Lije ask for as far as living accommodations?
(a) An apartment ajoining his for Daneel.
(b) To move to the Solarium area.
(c) A two-bedroom apartment for him and Daneel.
(d) A bigger apartment for his family.
7. From what does Lije tell Daneel to stay away?
(a) The barbed fence.
(b) The red lines.
(c) The blue lights.
(d) The sirens.
8. Why are most robots made in human form?
(a) So humans are less afraid of them.
(b) It is an issue of economics and efficiency.
(c) Because robots need to feel a part of a community.
(d) So robots can infiltrate and spy.
9. Who arrives 20 minutes late to meet with Lije and Daneel?
(b) Dr. Fostolfe.
(c) Francis Clousarr.
(d) Dr. Gerrigel.
10. Where does Clousarr say he has been during the last few nights?
(a) In home asleep.
(b) With his wife.
(c) Out walking.
(d) Out of town.
11. How does Clousarr act towards Lije?
(b) Cold and sarcastic.
12. Why does Lije decide to leave Jessie's name out of his report about the group?
(a) She is the mother of his child.
(b) She has told them everything she knows and has not committed any crime.
(c) She has been duped.
(d) She is his wife.
13. Who does Enderby intend to kill in Spacertown?
(a) Dr. Sarton.
(b) No one.
(d) Dr. Fastolfe.
14. Who is one member of the group that Lije recognizes the name?
(a) Fran Clement.
(b) Francis Clousarr.
(c) Francis Klecker.
(d) Jon Decker.
15. Why is Vincent Barrett a suspect in the death of R. Sammy?
(a) Because R. Sammy insulted Vincent in front of other cops.
(b) Because R. Sammy took Vincent's job.
(c) Because R. Sammy has an affair with Vincent's wife.
(d) Because R. Sammy is a robot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis Clousarr do?
2. Who pushes the person into the fission chamber?
3. How does Lije consider Daneel at the end of the book?
4. To where do the two cops run?
5. What does Lije dream that night?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)