|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Spacers able to do with Lije?
(b) To continue Dr. Sarton's work by Lije figuring out the murderer.
(c) To pair him with a robot with minimal problems.
(d) To open his mind to colonization with the help of a mild drug.
2. What does Lije ask for as far as living accommodations?
(a) To move to the Solarium area.
(b) A two-bedroom apartment for him and Daneel.
(c) An apartment ajoining his for Daneel.
(d) A bigger apartment for his family.
3. Of what is Dr. Gerrigel afraid?
4. Who arrives 20 minutes late to meet with Lije and Daneel?
(a) Dr. Gerrigel.
(c) Francis Clousarr.
(d) Dr. Fostolfe.
5. For what does Dr. Gerrigel use his Handbook of Robotics?
(a) To question Daneel.
(b) To explain the laws of Robotics to Lije.
(c) To read up on Dr. Sarton.
(d) To question Lije.
6. What does Clousarr try to do to Daneel?
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Rile him.
(c) Punch him.
(d) Shoot him.
7. What does Lije tell Enderby in a last ditch effort to hold his life and job together?
(a) That Lije is going to make Enderby look good to the higher ups.
(b) That Lije knows who murdered R. Sammy.
(c) That Daneel killed R. Sammy.
(d) That Lije knows who murdered Dr. Sarton.
8. What is Dr. Gerrigel not able to imagine a human would do voluntarily?
(a) Keeping an android in the house.
(b) Traveling by train.
(c) Going to Spacetown.
(d) Exiting the city and traveling across country on foot.
9. What does Francis Clousarr do?
(a) He is a baker at the yeast factory.
(b) He is a manager at the yeast factory.
(c) He is a mechanic at the yeast factory.
(d) He is a zymologist, or yeast specialist.
10. What does Lije think he needs to find in Daneel?
(a) A means of Daneel using a weapon.
(b) A way for Daneel to vacate the three laws of robotics.
(c) A loophole in his programming.
(d) A way to make Daneel seem more human.
11. What does Lije tell Jesse when she is worried?
(a) That he has quit the case.
(b) To stop being so concerned.
(c) That Bentley is now in danger.
(d) That he has a couple bodyguards at all times.
12. How does Clousarr act towards Lije?
(d) Cold and sarcastic.
13. What is dangerous to a positronic brain?
(c) Electrical impulses.
(d) Sonic waves.
14. Who is the obvious suspect as the killer of Dr. Sarton?
(a) A Spacer.
(b) Someone from Aurora.
(c) A City dweller.
15. From what does Lije tell Daneel to stay away?
(a) The red lines.
(b) The blue lights.
(c) The sirens.
(d) The barbed fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lije consider Daneel at the end of the book?
2. About what does Lije press Daneel?
3. Of what does Daneel assure Lije?
4. What is one of the things that gives Lije the idea that Enderby is guilty of killing Dr. Sarton?
5. What did Daneel detect in Clousarr?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)