|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does R. Daneel arrange?
(a) To meet the Spacer president.
(b) To fly to the Spacer world in a new type of helicopter.
(c) To have lunch with some other robots.
(d) For Lije and him to visit the Spacer world.
2. Why does Lije prefer Enderby to do so rather than himself?
(a) Enderby was once a Spacer.
(b) Lije hates paperwork.
(c) Enderby has connections with the government.
(d) The Spacers trust Enderby.
3. What is difficult for Lije about the robot?
(a) That the robot only talks when necessary.
(b) His likeness to real humans.
(c) That the robot seems to read Lije's mind.
(d) That the robot is green.
4. What is the reason for some of the riots?
(a) Robots looking too human.
(b) Robots taking over men's jobs.
(c) The lack of safety precautions in factories.
(d) They are not sure.
5. What was not done according to Lije?
(a) An examination of organic tissue.
(b) A DNA analysis of Daneel.
(c) An xray of Daneel.
(d) A polygraph of Daneel.
6. In what does Lije try to intervene?
(a) The vilification of robots.
(b) The shooting death of a colleague.
(c) His wife's bad habits.
(d) The commotion he and the robot enounter.
7. Where is the family usually required to eat?
(a) With the next-door neighbors.
(b) The restaurant down the street.
(c) The community kitchen.
(d) Anywhere they want.
8. What does Daneel order the store manager to do?
(a) Close and lock the doors.
(b) Call the Spacers.
(c) Hand out free shoes.
(d) Open the doors and let in the crowd.
9. What is the relationship of Jesse and Lije's counterparts in the Bible?
10. What does Daneel suddenly do?
(a) Punches Lije.
(d) Pulls his arm off in two pieces revealing metal.
11. Who must pass a medical inspection?
(a) All humanoids.
(b) All newborn babies.
(c) Anyone wishing to enter Spacetown.
(d) Anyone over 60 years of age.
12. What does Fastolfe fear?
(a) That the general public would want to visit Spacers.
(b) That the Spacers could be wiped out by disease.
(c) That the general public thinks Spacers are afraid of Earthmen.
(d) That Dr. Sarton was doing something unethical.
13. What does Lije regret not seeing?
(a) Earth before it became badly polluted.
(b) The book-films on the crime scene.
(c) The Spacer city.
(d) The world of Aurora.
14. What must Lije do to enter Spacetown?
(a) Perform a series of fitness routines.
(b) Leave all his personal effects with the guards.
(d) Agree to have his head shaved.
15. Who warms up to Daneel quickly?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) The police at the station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daneel do as the family dines?
2. What is Elijah Baley's occupation?
3. How does Lije feel as he breathes real country air?
4. What does Lije realize as the crowd calms?
5. What is the average life expectancy for a male on Fastolfe's home planet, Aurora?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)