|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to intrigue Dr. Fastolfe?
(a) Lije's openminded approve to possible solutions to the crime.
(b) The way Lije conducts crime investigations.
(c) That Lije enjoys Daneel's company but hates robots.
(d) Lije's behavior and obvious dislike of robots and Spacers.
2. In what does Lije try to intervene?
(a) The commotion he and the robot enounter.
(b) The vilification of robots.
(c) His wife's bad habits.
(d) The shooting death of a colleague.
3. What makes Lije feel disgust for robots?
(a) When Daneel talks about how he will punish the murderer.
(b) Daneel talking about his hard drive.
(c) The idea of one reproducing.
(d) Seeing Daneel reprogram his visual acuity.
4. Why does Lije's father lose his job at the power plant?
(a) Because he punched his boss.
(b) Because the power plant closes down.
(c) Because there was an accident at the plant.
(d) Because the plant changed its power source.
5. Why does Lije go to Spacetown?
(a) To see if he wants to conduct the investigation.
(b) To find the robot.
(c) To have dinner with the Commissioner.
(d) To start interviewing potential robot partners.
6. Essentially, how does Lije react to Jesse's fears?
(a) Listens patiently and says she has good points.
(b) Tells her he is divorcing her.
(c) Tells her to find a new job where her imagination can be used better.
(d) Shrugs them off and goes to sleep.
7. What is one thing that may be difficult for Lije in working with the robot?
(a) He will have to learn the necessary maintenance skills for the robot's well being.
(b) He will have to live with the robot.
(c) He will have to live in outer space.
(d) He will not be able to use his usual methods of interrogation.
8. To whom does Lije introduce Jesse?
(a) No one.
(b) The Section Chief.
(c) R. Daneel Olivaw.
(d) The Police Chief.
9. Who is Jesse?
(a) Lije's wife.
(b) Lije's best friend.
(c) Lije's ex-girlfriend.
(d) Lije's boss's daughter.
10. Where is the family usually required to eat?
(a) The restaurant down the street.
(b) With the next-door neighbors.
(c) The community kitchen.
(d) Anywhere they want.
11. What does Fastolfe fear?
(a) That the general public thinks Spacers are afraid of Earthmen.
(b) That Dr. Sarton was doing something unethical.
(c) That the general public would want to visit Spacers.
(d) That the Spacers could be wiped out by disease.
12. Who does Lije think may be responsible for the murder?
(a) A disgruntled employee.
(b) A lover of the victim.
(c) An accidental, drive-by shooting.
(d) A psychotic individual.
13. Who does Daneel think may be responsible?
(a) A rival planetary councilor.
(b) A terrorist group.
(c) He has no idea.
(d) An anti-human faction.
14. What was not done according to Lije?
(a) A polygraph of Daneel.
(b) A DNA analysis of Daneel.
(c) An examination of organic tissue.
(d) An xray of Daneel.
15. How has Daneel been programmed?
(a) To have a strong drive for justice.
(b) To have a strong drive for independance.
(c) To have a strong drive for punishment.
(d) To have a strong drive for liberty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lije state to Enderby and the others?
2. What does Dr. Fastolfe suggest to Lije?
3. In what did Lije participate?
4. What does Daneel say will happen to the next person who takes action against a robot?
5. Who is Dr. Fastolfe?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)