|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lije explain to the women?
(a) That robots are there because no one else wants the job.
(b) That robots are taking over the world and they may as well accept the fact.
(c) That robots are dangerous to anger.
(d) That robots are only doing their job.
2. What does Lije realize as the crowd calms?
(a) Daneel and Lije are late to meet Jesse.
(b) Daneel can use a blaster against a human, which is not supposed to be true.
(c) It only took one death to calm things down.
(d) Daneel works outside the law.
3. What does Daneel do as the family dines?
(b) Watches a book film.
(c) Works out.
(d) Reads the news on the internet.
4. Under what circumstances will the Spacers allow an investigation and will not send a report to their Outerworlds?
(a) If the company who manufactured the faulty relay is punished.
(b) If the family of the dead spacer is spared of knowing it was suicide.
(c) If there are two Spacers involved in the investigation.
(d) If Lije takes on a Spacer robot as his partner.
5. About what does Jesse ask Lije?
(a) What he had for dinner.
(b) The shoe store incident.
(c) Why he brought a robot home.
(d) Why he is late.
6. In what does Lije try to intervene?
(a) The shooting death of a colleague.
(b) His wife's bad habits.
(c) The vilification of robots.
(d) The commotion he and the robot enounter.
7. What does Daneel find at the men's personals?
(b) A man who can lead them to an important clue.
(c) No one was staying at the personals that night.
(d) A bug in Lije's apartment that was monitored there.
8. Why does Lije prefer Enderby to do so rather than himself?
(a) Lije hates paperwork.
(b) The Spacers trust Enderby.
(c) Enderby has connections with the government.
(d) Enderby was once a Spacer.
9. What does R. Daneel arrange?
(a) To fly to the Spacer world in a new type of helicopter.
(b) For Lije and him to visit the Spacer world.
(c) To have lunch with some other robots.
(d) To meet the Spacer president.
10. How are the Spacers vulnerable?
(a) They are dependent on natural resources.
(b) They have no weapons.
(c) They are dependent on real air.
(d) They have no natural antibodies necessary to fight off given diseases.
11. What would Lije like as far as getting to work?
(a) A fast car.
(b) A guaranteed seat on the Expressway.
(c) He would like a driver.
(d) A helicopter.
12. Who is Dr. Fastolfe?
(a) The president of Spacetown.
(b) A neuroscientist.
(c) He is in charge of the murder investigation on Spacetown's end.
(d) A psychiatrist.
13. What happened to Enderby three days earlier?
(a) He was robbed.
(b) He broke his glasses.
(c) He was demoted.
(d) He had a heart attack.
14. What is Lije's real name?
15. What does Lije think is odd about Daneel being "programmed" for justice?
(a) It is not the right kind of emotion for a cop robot.
(b) It is an abstract feeling and robots cannot have abstract feelings.
(c) Daneel was not seeking justice in the shoe store.
(d) Daneel was angry in the shoe store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fastolfe fear?
2. Who warms up to Daneel quickly?
3. Why does Enderby think Dr. Sarton is dead?
4. In what did Lije participate?
5. What did Roj Nemennuh Sarton think would produce a world like the one the Spacers wanted?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)