|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the OSS become after its dissolution in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
2. When did the United States join the fighting in World War II?
3. Who was Moe Berg's driver in Italy in the summer of 1944?
4. Who did Moe Berg convince Lise Meitner to write a letter to while in Switzerland?
5. The U.S. government was deeply concerned that Werner Heisenberg would perfect what weapon before American scientists?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Moe Berg's fascination with language. How many languages did Berg study while at Princeton? What, aside from baseball, intrigued Berg as a potential profession?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Moe Berg's career with the Red Sox and appearances on "Information, Please!" Who was the host of the show and what other individuals were regular guests?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the locations and sites visited by Berg in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris." Where did Moe Berg attend classes while in Paris and what did he study?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)