|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the wartime head of the OSS?
2. What Russian physicist developed a new method for liquefaction of air with a low-pressure cycle using a special high-efficiency expansion turbine in 1939?
3. What radio quiz show was Moe Berg a guest on in 1939?
4. Who was Moe Berg's driver in Italy in the summer of 1944?
5. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that he should be concerned about a chemist named what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Moe Berg visit in January of 1946 in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company? What was his objective in the visit?
2. What scientist did Moe Berg meet first in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. When did the CIA offer Moe Berg a contract in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"? How was his relationship with the CIA?
4. What did Moe Berg spend the summer of 1944 doing? What driver accompanied him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
5. What assignment did Moe Berg's boss with the OSS give him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
6. Why was Moe Berg sent to Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he learn about Joliot-Curie there?
7. What was the AZUSA mission in which Moe Berg was involved in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
8. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
9. After returning from Switzerland in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," where did Moe Berg go next? What happened to the OSS?
10. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the world of professional baseball in the 1920s. What was the significance of Berg signing with the Robins? How did his family react?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Moe Berg's career with the Red Sox and appearances on "Information, Please!" Who was the host of the show and what other individuals were regular guests?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the origins and history of OIAA, the OSS and the CIA. What political climate led to the creation of these institutions?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)