|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Ted Williams born?
2. Who was the only woman Moe ever had a successful relationship with?
3. When the OSS was formed, it was styled after what intelligence operation in England?
4. How many seasons did Moe Berg play with the Boston Red Sox?
5. What is a phrase used to describe the communist states within the Soviet Union's sphere of influence or those countries that had centrally-planned economies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the U.S. Government's principle concern over the German scientist described in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
2. What scientist did Moe Berg meet first in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. Why did the the SSU have a problem with Moe Berg in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What was the outcome of this conflict?
4. Who did Moe Berg go to work for after leaving the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket? What woman did he have a relationship at this time?
5. Who did Moe Berg visit in January of 1946 in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company? What was his objective in the visit?
6. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
7. Who did Moe Berg mentor in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
8. Where did Moe travel in his work for the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
9. What assignment did Moe Berg's boss with the OSS give him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
10. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the baseball career of Moe Berg from 1924-1926. For what teams did Moe Play and how often was he on the bench?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the locations and sites of Moe Berg's travels in the Middle East and the Orient in 1932. What countries impressed Berg the most? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the academic career of Moe Berg. Where did Berg begin college and why did he change universities?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)