|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Moe Berg was sent by the OSS in what year to see Lise Meitner in Switzerland?
2. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," Moe made his way to England aboard what?
3. What manager of the Red Sox asked Moe Berg to become a coach for the team?
4. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," it was discovered that Werner Heisenberg was to be in Switzerland in when to give a lecture?
5. Who signed an executive order disbanding the OSS in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Moe Berg spend the summer of 1944 doing? What driver accompanied him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
2. When did the CIA offer Moe Berg a contract in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"? How was his relationship with the CIA?
3. Where did Moe travel in his work for the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
4. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
5. On what radio show did Moe Berg appear in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? Why did he discontinue appearing on the show?
6. What German scientist did the U.S. have concern for in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
7. What was the U.S. Government's principle concern over the German scientist described in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
8. What young aeronautical engineer did Moe Berg track down in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What was the outcome of the mission?
9. Why did the the SSU have a problem with Moe Berg in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What was the outcome of this conflict?
10. What impression did Moe Berg's Japan films have on the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationships between academics and sports in the life of Moe Berg. How and why did Berg's scholarly background and interests set him apart from his peers?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the academic career of Moe Berg. Where did Berg begin college and why did he change universities?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the relationship between Estella Huni and Moe Berg. How was their relationship described? Who among Berg's friends and family did Estella meet?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)