|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What President called for the formation of the OSS?
2. In late May, 1944, Moe flew from Casablanca to where?
3. Shortly after leaving the SSU and settling in his brother's home, Moe learned that his business partner in a film and stationary business called what had gone bankrupt?
4. How much was Moe Berg stuck owing to the United States government for an unfulfilled contract after a film and stationary business went bankrupt in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
5. Moe Berg arrived in Rome how long after it was liberated in 1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did the CIA offer Moe Berg a contract in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"? How was his relationship with the CIA?
2. What scientist did Moe Berg meet first in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. What young aeronautical engineer did Moe Berg track down in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What was the outcome of the mission?
4. Who did Moe Berg go to work for after leaving the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket? What woman did he have a relationship at this time?
5. What led to the Cold War, as described in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
6. After returning from Switzerland in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," where did Moe Berg go next? What happened to the OSS?
7. Who did Moe Berg mentor in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
8. Who did Moe Berg visit in January of 1946 in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company? What was his objective in the visit?
9. Describe Moe Berg's final days in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar." How did Berg survive during this time?
10. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Moe Berg's career with the Red Sox and appearances on "Information, Please!" Who was the host of the show and what other individuals were regular guests?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the creation of public image in athletes and celebrities. How did the world of the media differ in Moe Berg's time than today? How have sports media in particular changed?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the academic career of Moe Berg. Where did Berg begin college and why did he change universities?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)