|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his assignment involving Heisenberg ended, Moe Berg was introduced to what director of the Physics Institute at the Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule in Zurich?
2. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," Moe made his way to England aboard what?
3. Who did Moe Berg convince Lise Meitner to write a letter to while in Switzerland?
4. In his time playing for the Boston Red Sox, Moe Berg averaged fewer than how many games per season?
5. When was Ted Williams born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Moe Berg sent to Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he learn about Joliot-Curie there?
2. On what radio show did Moe Berg appear in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? Why did he discontinue appearing on the show?
3. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
4. What was the AZUSA mission in which Moe Berg was involved in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
5. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
6. What scientist did Moe Berg meet first in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
7. What assignment did Moe Berg's boss with the OSS give him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
8. Describe Moe Berg's final days in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar." How did Berg survive during this time?
9. How did Moe Berg obtain information about Walther Bothe in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What did he learn about Italian and German atomic resources?
10. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the camera Moe Berg brought with him to Japan and on MovietoneNews, with whom he'd signed a contract. What was Berg commissioned to film?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Moe Berg's missions and travels for OIAA. Where did Berg travel in South America and who knew of his whereabouts?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the academic career of Moe Berg. Where did Berg begin college and why did he change universities?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)