|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the OSS become after its dissolution in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
2. What consultant for the Arthur D. Little Company did Moe Berg meet in Boston in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
3. What was Dom DiMaggio's nickname?
4. Who was the only woman Moe ever had a successful relationship with?
5. After his guest stint on a radio quiz show, who told Moe Berg, "Berg, in just thirty minutes you did more for baseball than I've done the entire time I've been commissioner"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Moe Berg visit in January of 1946 in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company? What was his objective in the visit?
2. What led to the Cold War, as described in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
3. Why did the the SSU have a problem with Moe Berg in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What was the outcome of this conflict?
4. What impression did Moe Berg's Japan films have on the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
5. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
6. What young aeronautical engineer did Moe Berg track down in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What was the outcome of the mission?
7. Where did Moe travel in his work for the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
8. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
9. What assignment did Moe Berg's boss with the OSS give him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
10. Why was Moe Berg sent to Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he learn about Joliot-Curie there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the career Moe Berg had with the White Sox. How many games did Moe average per season? How did he fare statistically?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the locations and sites of Moe Berg's travels in the Middle East and the Orient in 1932. What countries impressed Berg the most? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Moe Berg's family and parents, Bernard Berg and Rose Tashker. Why did Bernard Berg leave the Ukraine to move to America?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)