|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his playing career ended, Moe Berg was a Red Sox coach in what years?
2. When the OSS was formed, it was styled after what intelligence operation in England?
3. AGARD was an agency of NATO that existed from 1952 to when?
4. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Germans were how far from perfecting the science of the atomic bomb?
5. Who was the oldest son of Bernard and Rose Berg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What assignment did Moe Berg's boss with the OSS give him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
2. What led to the establishment of the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was the OSS?
3. How did Moe Berg obtain information about Walther Bothe in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What did he learn about Italian and German atomic resources?
4. What was the U.S. Government's principle concern over the German scientist described in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
5. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
6. Who established the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was its purpose?
7. Why was Moe Berg sent to Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he learn about Joliot-Curie there?
8. When did the CIA offer Moe Berg a contract in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"? How was his relationship with the CIA?
9. Who did Moe Berg visit in January of 1946 in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company? What was his objective in the visit?
10. Describe Moe Berg's final days in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar." How did Berg survive during this time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the relationship between Estella Huni and Moe Berg. How was their relationship described? Who among Berg's friends and family did Estella meet?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Moe Berg's family and parents, Bernard Berg and Rose Tashker. Why did Bernard Berg leave the Ukraine to move to America?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impressions of Moe Berg by Linda McCarthy, Allan Siegal, Charles Owen and George Allen. How did each of these individuals know Moe Berg?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)