|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The optical laboratory Moe Berg was directed to investigate in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy" was thought to be helping compress fissionable material for Germany's what?
2. What expert sharpshooter was employed to kill Heisenberg, but at the last minute his mission was canceled in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. How many seasons did Moe Berg play with the Boston Red Sox?
4. Moe Berg was sent by the OSS in what year to see Lise Meitner in Switzerland?
5. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," Moe made his way to England aboard what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to the Cold War, as described in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
2. Describe Moe Berg's final days in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar." How did Berg survive during this time?
3. After returning from Switzerland in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," where did Moe Berg go next? What happened to the OSS?
4. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
5. On what radio show did Moe Berg appear in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? Why did he discontinue appearing on the show?
6. What was the U.S. Government's principle concern over the German scientist described in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
7. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
8. Who established the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was its purpose?
9. What did Moe Berg spend the summer of 1944 doing? What driver accompanied him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
10. Why did Moe Berg dislike rooming with DiMaggio in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? What job was he offered in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the relationship between Estella Huni and Moe Berg. How was their relationship described? Who among Berg's friends and family did Estella meet?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the world of professional baseball in the 1920s. What was the significance of Berg signing with the Robins? How did his family react?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the career Moe Berg had with the White Sox. How many games did Moe average per season? How did he fare statistically?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)