|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Germans were how far from perfecting the science of the atomic bomb?
2. What young aeronautical engineer was Moe Berg directed to talk into moving to the United States in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. When was Nelson Rockefeller born?
4. In late May, 1944, Moe flew from Casablanca to where?
5. How much was Moe Berg stuck owing to the United States government for an unfulfilled contract after a film and stationary business went bankrupt in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the U.S. Government's principle concern over the German scientist described in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
2. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
3. What was the AZUSA mission in which Moe Berg was involved in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
4. Why did the the SSU have a problem with Moe Berg in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What was the outcome of this conflict?
5. Who did Moe Berg mentor in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
6. Where did Moe Berg travel in the spring of 1944 for the OSS in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
7. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
8. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
9. Describe Moe Berg's final days in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar." How did Berg survive during this time?
10. What German scientist did the U.S. have concern for in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe John Kieran and his role in creating and perpetuating the image of Moe Berg. When did Kieran first meet Berg?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Moe Berg's family and parents, Bernard Berg and Rose Tashker. Why did Bernard Berg leave the Ukraine to move to America?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the creation of public image in athletes and celebrities. How did the world of the media differ in Moe Berg's time than today? How have sports media in particular changed?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)