|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Dom DiMaggio's baseball career?
2. Who signed an executive order disbanding the OSS in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
3. In late 1944/early 1945, Moe Berg began reporting to the OSS office in Bern lead by whom?
4. What was the name of the mission Moe Berg was assigned to with the objective of encouraging Italian scientists to come to America?
5. What expert sharpshooter was employed to kill Heisenberg, but at the last minute his mission was canceled in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
2. What scientist did Moe Berg meet first in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
4. How did Moe Berg obtain information about Walther Bothe in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What did he learn about Italian and German atomic resources?
5. After returning from Switzerland in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," where did Moe Berg go next? What happened to the OSS?
6. Who assisted Moe Berg in tracking down information about Heisenberg in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
7. Where did Moe Berg travel in the spring of 1944 for the OSS in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
8. What did Moe Berg spend the summer of 1944 doing? What driver accompanied him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
9. What was the AZUSA mission in which Moe Berg was involved in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
10. When did the CIA offer Moe Berg a contract in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"? How was his relationship with the CIA?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationships between academics and sports in the life of Moe Berg. How and why did Berg's scholarly background and interests set him apart from his peers?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the later years of Moe Berg's life. Where and how did Berg die? What legacy did he leave behind?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the camera Moe Berg brought with him to Japan and on MovietoneNews, with whom he'd signed a contract. What was Berg commissioned to film?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)