|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MVP stand for?
2. Who was the oldest son of Bernard and Rose Berg?
3. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," it was discovered that Werner Heisenberg was to be in Switzerland in when to give a lecture?
4. After visiting with Meitner, Moe was sent on a tour of the United States with who in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
5. What President called for the formation of the OSS?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the the SSU have a problem with Moe Berg in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What was the outcome of this conflict?
2. Why was Moe Berg sent to Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he learn about Joliot-Curie there?
3. Where did Moe travel in his work for the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
4. What was the U.S. Government's principle concern over the German scientist described in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
5. Describe Moe Berg's final days in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar." How did Berg survive during this time?
6. How did Moe Berg obtain information about Walther Bothe in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What did he learn about Italian and German atomic resources?
7. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
8. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
9. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
10. Who did the OSS send Moe Berg to visit in June, 1945, in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he accomplish in this visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the baseball career of Moe Berg from 1924-1926. For what teams did Moe Play and how often was he on the bench?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the academic career of Moe Berg. Where did Berg begin college and why did he change universities?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Moe Berg's missions and travels for OIAA. Where did Berg travel in South America and who knew of his whereabouts?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)