|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a unique variety of fascism that incorporated biological racism and antisemitism during WWII?
2. Who was the oldest son of Bernard and Rose Berg?
3. What is a phrase used to describe the communist states within the Soviet Union's sphere of influence or those countries that had centrally-planned economies?
4. When was Rome liberated in World War II?
5. Who signed an executive order disbanding the OSS in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who established the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was its purpose?
2. Where did Moe travel in his work for the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
3. How did Moe Berg obtain information about Walther Bothe in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What did he learn about Italian and German atomic resources?
4. Who did Moe Berg mentor in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
5. Why did Moe Berg dislike rooming with DiMaggio in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? What job was he offered in this chapter?
6. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
7. What scientist did Moe Berg meet first in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
8. What German scientist did the U.S. have concern for in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
9. What impression did Moe Berg's Japan films have on the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
10. What assignment did Moe Berg's boss with the OSS give him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the camera Moe Berg brought with him to Japan and on MovietoneNews, with whom he'd signed a contract. What was Berg commissioned to film?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the world of professional baseball in the 1920s. What was the significance of Berg signing with the Robins? How did his family react?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Moe Berg's fascination with language. How many languages did Berg study while at Princeton? What, aside from baseball, intrigued Berg as a potential profession?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)