|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fellow OSS agent and friend did Moe Berg visit in Oklahoma in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
2. When did Moe Berg first make his way to Italy on a mission for the U.S. Government?
3. What manager of the Red Sox asked Moe Berg to become a coach for the team?
4. Who signed an executive order disbanding the OSS in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
5. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," it was discovered that Werner Heisenberg was to be in Switzerland in when to give a lecture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
2. Who did Moe Berg visit in January of 1946 in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company? What was his objective in the visit?
3. What was the U.S. Government's principle concern over the German scientist described in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
4. What led to the establishment of the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was the OSS?
5. After returning from Switzerland in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," where did Moe Berg go next? What happened to the OSS?
6. What scientist did Moe Berg meet first in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
7. What young aeronautical engineer did Moe Berg track down in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What was the outcome of the mission?
8. What did Moe Berg spend the summer of 1944 doing? What driver accompanied him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
9. How did Moe Berg obtain information about Walther Bothe in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What did he learn about Italian and German atomic resources?
10. What impression did Moe Berg's Japan films have on the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the locations and sites of Moe Berg's travels in the Middle East and the Orient in 1932. What countries impressed Berg the most? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impressions of Moe Berg by Linda McCarthy, Allan Siegal, Charles Owen and George Allen. How did each of these individuals know Moe Berg?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the locations and sites visited by Berg in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris." Where did Moe Berg attend classes while in Paris and what did he study?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)