Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the OSS become after its dissolution in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
2. When did the United States join the fighting in World War II?
3. Who was Moe Berg's driver in Italy in the summer of 1944?
4. Who did Moe Berg convince Lise Meitner to write a letter to while in Switzerland?
5. The U.S. government was deeply concerned that Werner Heisenberg would perfect what weapon before American scientists?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the origins and history of OIAA, the OSS and the CIA. What political climate led to the creation of these institutions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the creation of public image in athletes and celebrities. How did the world of the media differ in Moe Berg's time than today? How have sports media in particular changed?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the world of professional baseball in the 1920s. What was the significance of Berg signing with the Robins? How did his family react?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)