|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Moe Berg's Alsos's counterpart in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
2. What consultant for the Arthur D. Little Company did Moe Berg meet in Boston in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
3. What was Dom DiMaggio's nickname?
4. When did Moe Berg first make his way to Italy on a mission for the U.S. Government?
5. As a member of the OIAA, Moe began telling people in the OSS about his films of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the the SSU have a problem with Moe Berg in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What was the outcome of this conflict?
2. Where did Moe Berg travel in the spring of 1944 for the OSS in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. Why did Moe Berg dislike rooming with DiMaggio in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? What job was he offered in this chapter?
4. What was the AZUSA mission in which Moe Berg was involved in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
5. When did the CIA offer Moe Berg a contract in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"? How was his relationship with the CIA?
6. After returning from Switzerland in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," where did Moe Berg go next? What happened to the OSS?
7. Describe Moe Berg's final days in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar." How did Berg survive during this time?
8. Who established the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was its purpose?
9. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
10. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Earl Averill, Charlie Gehringer, Jimmie Foxx and Lefty Gomez and Moe Berg's second trip to Japan. What Japanese all-star team did they play against?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the academic career of Moe Berg. Where did Berg begin college and why did he change universities?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Moe Berg's fascination with language. How many languages did Berg study while at Princeton? What, aside from baseball, intrigued Berg as a potential profession?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)