|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Moe Berg's driver in Italy in the summer of 1944?
2. What was the batting average of Ted Williams?
3. Moe's boss with the OSS came to Italy and instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory where in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
4. The optical laboratory Moe Berg was directed to investigate in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy" was thought to be helping compress fissionable material for Germany's what?
5. Who was the wartime head of the OSS?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Moe Berg's career with the Red Sox and appearances on "Information, Please!" Who was the host of the show and what other individuals were regular guests?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the later years of Moe Berg's life. Where and how did Berg die? What legacy did he leave behind?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Herb Hunter, Lefty O'Doul and Ted Lyons, and discuss the organization of Berg's first trip to Japan. What were Berg's impressions of Japan?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)