|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lise Meitner was a physicist in exile from where?
2. Werner Heisenberg was awarded the 1932 Nobel Prize in Physics for his contributions to what?
3. What award did Moe Berg earn for his service in the OSS and refuse it?
4. Shortly after leaving the SSU and settling in his brother's home, Moe learned that his business partner in a film and stationary business called what had gone bankrupt?
5. When did the CIA offer Moe Berg a contract in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What German scientist did the U.S. have concern for in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
2. What impression did Moe Berg's Japan films have on the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
3. Who did the OSS send Moe Berg to visit in June, 1945, in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he accomplish in this visit?
4. On what radio show did Moe Berg appear in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? Why did he discontinue appearing on the show?
5. Where did Moe Berg travel in the spring of 1944 for the OSS in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
6. What led to the establishment of the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was the OSS?
7. Who did Moe Berg go to work for after leaving the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket? What woman did he have a relationship at this time?
8. What young aeronautical engineer did Moe Berg track down in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What was the outcome of the mission?
9. After returning from Switzerland in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," where did Moe Berg go next? What happened to the OSS?
10. What was the U.S. Government's principle concern over the German scientist described in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the relationship between Estella Huni and Moe Berg. How was their relationship described? Who among Berg's friends and family did Estella meet?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the locations and sites visited by Berg in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris." Where did Moe Berg attend classes while in Paris and what did he study?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the locations and sites of Moe Berg's travels in the Middle East and the Orient in 1932. What countries impressed Berg the most? Why?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)