|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Moe Berg's father's profession by the time Moe entered college?
2. In 1929, Moe missed his opportunity to graduate with his law school class because he failed what?
3. Moe Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital ostensibly to visit the daughter of what American ambassador?
4. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
5. While the rest of the team was playing in Omiya, Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital where during his second trip in Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What academic success did Moe Berg attain in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? What athletic success?
2. When did Bernard Berg immigrate to America in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"? What job did he take?
3. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1933 season in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? How was his performance described?
4. Where did Moe Berg travel after his first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
5. Describe Moe Berg's rooftop filming in Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera." Where did he film from?
6. What led to Moe Berg's first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
7. With whom did Moe Berg play in the 1923 baseball season? Where did he go in Paris when the season ended in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
8. What was John Kieran credited with in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
9. What led to Moe Berg becoming a permanent catcher for the White Sox in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
10. Describe Moe Berg's baseball career in the 1924-1925 seasons in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit." For what teams did Moe play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationships between academics and sports in the life of Moe Berg. How and why did Berg's scholarly background and interests set him apart from his peers?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the relationship between Estella Huni and Moe Berg. How was their relationship described? Who among Berg's friends and family did Estella meet?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the career Moe Berg had with the White Sox. How many games did Moe average per season? How did he fare statistically?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)