Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Moe Berg invited to attend spring training in 1932?
2. When was the CIA established?
3. What was a royal palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine until 1871, when it was destroyed in the upheaval during the suppression of the Paris Commune?
4. How many at bats did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
5. How old was Moe Berg when he begged his mother to let him start school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Moe Berg dislike rooming with DiMaggio in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? What job was he offered in this chapter?
2. Describe Dr. Sam Berg. What was his relationship with his brother Moe?
3. Where did Moe Berg go to work after quitting baseball, as described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
4. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
5. What led to Moe Berg taking position as the starting catcher for the Senators in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? When did the Senators release Berg?
6. What was John Kieran credited with in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
7. How is Moe Berg's relationship with the press described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"? What were Berg's academic qualities?
8. Why did the the SSU have a problem with Moe Berg in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What was the outcome of this conflict?
9. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1931 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"? How many games did he play?
10. Why was Moe Berg sent to Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he learn about Joliot-Curie there?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Moe Berg's career with the Red Sox and appearances on "Information, Please!" Who was the host of the show and what other individuals were regular guests?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the later years of Moe Berg's life. Where and how did Berg die? What legacy did he leave behind?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impressions of Moe Berg by Linda McCarthy, Allan Siegal, Charles Owen and George Allen. How did each of these individuals know Moe Berg?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)