Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Moe Berg invited to attend spring training in 1932?
2. When was the CIA established?
3. What was a royal palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine until 1871, when it was destroyed in the upheaval during the suppression of the Paris Commune?
4. How many at bats did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
5. How old was Moe Berg when he begged his mother to let him start school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Moe Berg dislike rooming with DiMaggio in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? What job was he offered in this chapter?
2. Describe Dr. Sam Berg. What was his relationship with his brother Moe?
3. Where did Moe Berg go to work after quitting baseball, as described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
4. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
5. What led to Moe Berg taking position as the starting catcher for the Senators in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? When did the Senators release Berg?
6. What was John Kieran credited with in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
7. How is Moe Berg's relationship with the press described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"? What were Berg's academic qualities?
8. Why did the the SSU have a problem with Moe Berg in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What was the outcome of this conflict?
9. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1931 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"? How many games did he play?
10. Why was Moe Berg sent to Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he learn about Joliot-Curie there?
Discuss the camera Moe Berg brought with him to Japan and on MovietoneNews, with whom he'd signed a contract. What was Berg commissioned to film?
Describe and discuss the academic career of Moe Berg. Where did Berg begin college and why did he change universities?
Describe Herb Hunter, Lefty O'Doul and Ted Lyons, and discuss the organization of Berg's first trip to Japan. What were Berg's impressions of Japan?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)