|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what team did Moe Berg play in Reading, Pennsylvania?
2. Where did Moe Berg grow up after the age of three?
3. What color suits did Moe Berg traditionally wear?
4. What was a spy organization begun at the beginning of World War II to gather intelligence in the same manner as England's MI-6?
5. When was OIAA established?
Short Essay Questions
1. How often did Moe Berg play in the 1930 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
2. What did Moe Berg take along with him on his second trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? Who had contracted Berg?
3. How does the author describe Moe Berg's impact on those around him in the Prologue?
4. What baseball teams approached Moe Berg after college graduation in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? Who did Moe Berg sign with?
5. Where did Moe Berg travel after his first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
6. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1933 season in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? How was his performance described?
7. Where did Moe Berg take a non-baseball-related job in 1930 in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
8. Describe Moe Berg's baseball career in the 1924-1925 seasons in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit." For what teams did Moe play?
9. What theory does the author put forth regarding Bernard Berg's relationship with his children in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
10. What was John Kieran credited with in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the academic career of Moe Berg. Where did Berg begin college and why did he change universities?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Moe Berg's fascination with language. How many languages did Berg study while at Princeton? What, aside from baseball, intrigued Berg as a potential profession?
Essay Topic 3
Describe John Kieran and his role in creating and perpetuating the image of Moe Berg. When did Kieran first meet Berg?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)