|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Moe Berg graduate college, earning a B.A. degree?
2. The Office of Strategic Services was established by a Presidential military order in what year?
3. What was Moe Berg's batting average after the 1932 season?
4. What was a royal palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine until 1871, when it was destroyed in the upheaval during the suppression of the Paris Commune?
5. What New York City newsreel production company had Berg had contracted to film the sights of his second trip to Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1931 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"? How many games did he play?
2. What happened academically and in Moe Berg's sports career in 1929 in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
3. What university did Moe enter in 1919? What was his demeanor there described as?
4. How often did Moe Berg play in the 1930 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
5. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1933 season in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? How was his performance described?
6. What led to Moe Berg's first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
7. What led to Moe Berg taking position as the starting catcher for the Senators in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? When did the Senators release Berg?
8. How is Moe Berg's relationship with the press described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"? What were Berg's academic qualities?
9. What led to Moe Berg becoming a permanent catcher for the White Sox in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
10. What was John Kieran credited with in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the career Moe Berg had with the White Sox. How many games did Moe average per season? How did he fare statistically?
Essay Topic 2
Describe John Kieran and his role in creating and perpetuating the image of Moe Berg. When did Kieran first meet Berg?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Moe Berg's missions and travels for OIAA. Where did Berg travel in South America and who knew of his whereabouts?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)