|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a body of senior uniformed leaders in the United States Department of Defense who advise the Secretary of Defense, the Homeland Security Council, the National Security Council and the President on military matters?
2. When did the Louvre Museum open?
3. When was the Louvre Palace built?
4. Moe Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital ostensibly to visit the daughter of what American ambassador?
5. When was the CIA established?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dr. Sam Berg. What was his relationship with his brother Moe?
2. What academic success did Moe Berg attain in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? What athletic success?
3. With whom did Moe Berg play in the 1923 baseball season? Where did he go in Paris when the season ended in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
4. Describe Moe Berg's rooftop filming in Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera." Where did he film from?
5. Why did Moe Berg begin the 1926 season late in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
6. Where did Moe Berg go to work after quitting baseball, as described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
7. What was the principle objective of Bernard Berg as described in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
8. What happened academically and in Moe Berg's sports career in 1929 in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
9. How often did Moe Berg play in the 1930 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
10. What did Bernard Berg study to become after leaving the laundry business in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"? How did Bernard feel about religion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Moe Berg's missions and travels for OIAA. Where did Berg travel in South America and who knew of his whereabouts?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the world of professional baseball in the 1920s. What was the significance of Berg signing with the Robins? How did his family react?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Earl Averill, Charlie Gehringer, Jimmie Foxx and Lefty Gomez and Moe Berg's second trip to Japan. What Japanese all-star team did they play against?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)