|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included France and the United States?
2. What was the maiden name of Moe Berg's mother?
3. How many hits did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
4. When was the CIA established?
5. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included Germany, Italy and Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to Moe Berg's second Japan trip in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? What other ballplayers went on the tour?
2. How did Moe Berg obtain information about Walther Bothe in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What did he learn about Italian and German atomic resources?
3. What happened in Moe Berg's baseball career when he returned from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
4. What baseball teams approached Moe Berg after college graduation in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? Who did Moe Berg sign with?
5. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
6. Who established the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was its purpose?
7. On what radio show did Moe Berg appear in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? Why did he discontinue appearing on the show?
8. What did Moe Berg do to earn a high impression from John McGraw in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"? What academic pursuits did Moe Berg attain in Paris?
9. What university did Moe enter in 1919? What was his demeanor there described as?
10. When did the CIA offer Moe Berg a contract in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"? How was his relationship with the CIA?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the baseball career of Moe Berg from 1924-1926. For what teams did Moe Play and how often was he on the bench?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Moe Berg's career with the Red Sox and appearances on "Information, Please!" Who was the host of the show and what other individuals were regular guests?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Earl Averill, Charlie Gehringer, Jimmie Foxx and Lefty Gomez and Moe Berg's second trip to Japan. What Japanese all-star team did they play against?
This section contains 1,337 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)