|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of movie camera did Moe Berg take with him on his second trip to Japan?
2. What was an organization designed to spread propaganda in South and Central America to keep the citizens of those countries on the side of the United States during World War II?
3. How old was Moe Berg when he begged his mother to let him start school?
4. What was Moe Berg's major for which he earned a B.A. degree?
5. What New York City newsreel production company had Berg had contracted to film the sights of his second trip to Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What academic success did Moe Berg attain in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? What athletic success?
2. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1933 season in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? How was his performance described?
3. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
4. What young aeronautical engineer did Moe Berg track down in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What was the outcome of the mission?
5. Why did Moe Berg dislike rooming with DiMaggio in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? What job was he offered in this chapter?
6. What was the AZUSA mission in which Moe Berg was involved in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
7. What led to the Cold War, as described in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
8. After returning from Switzerland in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," where did Moe Berg go next? What happened to the OSS?
9. What university did Moe enter in 1919? What was his demeanor there described as?
10. What was the principle objective of Bernard Berg as described in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the academic career of Moe Berg. Where did Berg begin college and why did he change universities?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the later years of Moe Berg's life. Where and how did Berg die? What legacy did he leave behind?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the world of professional baseball in the 1920s. What was the significance of Berg signing with the Robins? How did his family react?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)