|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1929, Moe missed his opportunity to graduate with his law school class because he failed what?
2. On his second Japan trip, Moe Berg convinced Babe Ruth that he learned Japanese in what amount of time?
3. In what year did Bernard Berg leave Ukraine to head west?
4. What does OIAA stand for?
5. What color suits did Moe Berg traditionally wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. How often did Moe Berg play in the 1930 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
2. How is Moe Berg's relationship with the press described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"? What were Berg's academic qualities?
3. What led to Moe Berg taking position as the starting catcher for the Senators in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? When did the Senators release Berg?
4. Describe Moe Berg's baseball career in the 1924-1925 seasons in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit." For what teams did Moe play?
5. What was the principle objective of Bernard Berg as described in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
6. What did Moe Berg take along with him on his second trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? Who had contracted Berg?
7. Where did Moe Berg go to work after quitting baseball, as described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
8. What theory does the author put forth regarding Bernard Berg's relationship with his children in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
9. Where did Moe Berg take a non-baseball-related job in 1930 in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
10. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1933 season in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? How was his performance described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the origins and history of OIAA, the OSS and the CIA. What political climate led to the creation of these institutions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the world of professional baseball in the 1920s. What was the significance of Berg signing with the Robins? How did his family react?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the camera Moe Berg brought with him to Japan and on MovietoneNews, with whom he'd signed a contract. What was Berg commissioned to film?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)