|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fellow OSS agent and friend did Moe Berg visit in Oklahoma in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Tony Calvert.
(b) Herb Hunter.
(c) Robert Furman.
(d) Joe Cronin.
2. The optical laboratory Moe Berg was directed to investigate in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy" was thought to be helping compress fissionable material for Germany's what?
(a) Nuclear bombs.
(b) Atomic bombs.
(c) Plutonium bombs.
(d) Dirty bombs.
3. When was Moe Berg picked up by the Boston Red Sox?
(a) May 1933.
(b) June, 1934.
(c) April, 1935.
(d) August, 1930.
4. What was Dom DiMaggio's nickname?
(a) "The Hulk."
(b) "The Doctor."
(c) "The Big Man."
(d) "The Little Professor."
5. Who was Moe Berg's Alsos's counterpart in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Edoardo Amaldi.
(b) Clifton Fadiman.
(c) Colonel Boris Pash.
(d) Rose Tashke.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Moe Berg first make his way to Italy on a mission for the U.S. Government?
2. Who was the moderator of the radio quiz show which Moe Berg made guest appearances on in 1939?
3. After visiting with Meitner, Moe was sent on a tour of the United States with who in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
4. In Cleveland, Moe Berg stayed at the home of whom in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
5. When was Nelson Rockefeller born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to the establishment of the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was the OSS?
2. Who did Moe Berg go to work for after leaving the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket? What woman did he have a relationship at this time?
3. What young aeronautical engineer did Moe Berg track down in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What was the outcome of the mission?
4. Who did Moe Berg visit in January of 1946 in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company? What was his objective in the visit?
5. Where did Moe Berg travel in the spring of 1944 for the OSS in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
6. Who did Moe Berg mentor in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
7. What impression did Moe Berg's Japan films have on the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
8. Why was Moe Berg sent to Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he learn about Joliot-Curie there?
9. Why did Moe Berg dislike rooming with DiMaggio in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? What job was he offered in this chapter?
10. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)