|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only woman Moe ever had a successful relationship with?
(a) Samantha Hendricks.
(b) Estella Huni.
(c) Marsha Smith.
(d) Rose Tashke.
2. What other regular radio quiz show guest and sports commentator said "Moe was the most scholarly professional athlete (I) ever knew"?
(a) Antonio Ferri.
(b) William Donovan.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) John Kieran.
3. Who was Moe Berg's driver in Italy in the summer of 1944?
(a) Paul Scherrer.
(b) Joseph Grew.
(c) Aldo Icardi.
(d) Walther Bothe.
4. Following World War II, Werner Heisenberg was appointed director of what institution?
(a) The Einstein Institute of Physics.
(b) The Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Physics.
(c) The King Edward II Institute for Physics.
(d) The Newtons School of Physics.
5. What did the OSS become after its dissolution in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) The USS.
(b) The USO.
(c) The ASU.
(d) The SSU.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the OSS was formed, it was styled after what intelligence operation in England?
2. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Germans were how far from perfecting the science of the atomic bomb?
3. In Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," Moe Berg was sent to Zurich for a lecture by what physicist?
4. Who was the moderator of the radio quiz show which Moe Berg made guest appearances on in 1939?
5. Who was the oldest son of Bernard and Rose Berg?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Moe Berg obtain information about Walther Bothe in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What did he learn about Italian and German atomic resources?
2. Why did the the SSU have a problem with Moe Berg in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What was the outcome of this conflict?
3. What German scientist did the U.S. have concern for in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
4. What led to the establishment of the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was the OSS?
5. Who assisted Moe Berg in tracking down information about Heisenberg in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
6. What impression did Moe Berg's Japan films have on the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
7. Who did Moe Berg visit in January of 1946 in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company? What was his objective in the visit?
8. What did Moe Berg spend the summer of 1944 doing? What driver accompanied him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
9. What led to the Cold War, as described in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
10. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)