|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," it was discovered that Werner Heisenberg was to be in Switzerland in when to give a lecture?
(a) Mid September.
(b) Early August.
(c) Late December.
(d) Mid June.
2. Moe's boss with the OSS came to Italy and instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory where in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. What young aeronautical engineer was Moe Berg directed to talk into moving to the United States in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Aldo Icardi.
(b) I.M. Levitt.
(c) Cliff Bolton.
(d) Antonio Ferri.
4. When was Rome liberated in World War II?
(a) July 7, 1944.
(b) June 10, 1944.
(c) September 2, 1944.
(d) June 4, 1944.
5. Who signed an executive order disbanding the OSS in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) President Harry Truman.
(b) President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(c) President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) President John F. Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his guest stint on a radio quiz show, who told Moe Berg, "Berg, in just thirty minutes you did more for baseball than I've done the entire time I've been commissioner"?
2. After the dissolution of the OSS, two of Moe's beloved supervisors, including who, resigned and planned to return to practicing law?
3. In Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," Moe Berg was sent to Zurich for a lecture by what physicist?
4. When the OSS was formed, it was styled after what intelligence operation in England?
5. In his time playing for the Boston Red Sox, Moe Berg averaged fewer than how many games per season?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what radio show did Moe Berg appear in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? Why did he discontinue appearing on the show?
2. What impression did Moe Berg's Japan films have on the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
3. Who did the OSS send Moe Berg to visit in June, 1945, in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he accomplish in this visit?
4. What was the U.S. Government's principle concern over the German scientist described in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
5. Why did the the SSU have a problem with Moe Berg in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What was the outcome of this conflict?
6. Who did Moe Berg mentor in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
7. Who did Moe Berg go to work for after leaving the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket? What woman did he have a relationship at this time?
8. Who did Moe Berg visit in January of 1946 in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company? What was his objective in the visit?
9. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
10. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)