|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the OSS was formed, it was styled after what intelligence operation in England?
2. What theoretical physicist informed Moe Berg that many physicists made routine visits to Switzerland for conferences and lectures in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Walther Bothe.
(b) Tony Calvert.
(c) Robert Furman.
(d) Gian Carlo Wick.
3. After World War II began to resolve itself, Moe Berg was sent home and arrived in Newark on what date?
(a) November 4, 1947.
(b) July 27, 1949.
(c) March 11, 1942.
(d) April 25, 1945.
4. What position did Moe Berg play for the Boston Red Sox?
(b) Center field.
(d) 1st base.
5. Who signed an executive order disbanding the OSS in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) President John F. Kennedy.
(b) President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(c) President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) President Harry Truman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," Moe made his way to England aboard what?
2. Who was the only woman Moe ever had a successful relationship with?
3. How much was Moe Berg stuck owing to the United States government for an unfulfilled contract after a film and stationary business went bankrupt in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
4. As a member of the OIAA, Moe began telling people in the OSS about his films of what?
5. What President called for the formation of the OSS?
Short Essay Questions
1. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
2. What was the AZUSA mission in which Moe Berg was involved in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
3. Why did the the SSU have a problem with Moe Berg in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What was the outcome of this conflict?
4. Why did Moe Berg dislike rooming with DiMaggio in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? What job was he offered in this chapter?
5. What scientist did Moe Berg meet first in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
6. Who did Moe Berg visit in January of 1946 in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company? What was his objective in the visit?
7. Who established the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was its purpose?
8. How did Moe Berg obtain information about Walther Bothe in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What did he learn about Italian and German atomic resources?
9. What led to the Cold War, as described in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
10. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)