|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lise Meitner was a physicist in exile from where?
2. Who signed an executive order disbanding the OSS in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) President Harry Truman.
(b) President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(c) President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) President John F. Kennedy.
3. In New York, Moe enjoyed a friendship with what aeronautical engineer he met through Ferris in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Theodore Von Karman.
(b) Walther Bothe.
(c) Harry Broley.
(d) Allen Dulles.
4. What other regular radio quiz show guest and sports commentator said "Moe was the most scholarly professional athlete (I) ever knew"?
(a) Antonio Ferri.
(b) John Kieran.
(c) William Donovan.
(d) Niels Bohr.
5. Who died nine days after Moe Berg joined the OIAA?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Bernard Berg.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Nelson D. Rockefeller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Moe Berg's driver in Italy in the summer of 1944?
2. When did Moe Berg first make his way to Italy on a mission for the U.S. Government?
3. When did the United States join the fighting in World War II?
4. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Germans were how far from perfecting the science of the atomic bomb?
5. After World War II began to resolve itself, Moe Berg was sent home and arrived in Newark on what date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Moe Berg spend the summer of 1944 doing? What driver accompanied him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
2. Why was Moe Berg sent to Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he learn about Joliot-Curie there?
3. Describe Moe Berg's final days in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar." How did Berg survive during this time?
4. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
5. Who did the OSS send Moe Berg to visit in June, 1945, in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he accomplish in this visit?
6. After returning from Switzerland in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," where did Moe Berg go next? What happened to the OSS?
7. Who assisted Moe Berg in tracking down information about Heisenberg in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
8. Who did Moe Berg mentor in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
9. Where did Moe Berg travel in the spring of 1944 for the OSS in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
10. What German scientist did the U.S. have concern for in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)