|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Moe Berg given to commit suicide with after he assassinated Werner Heisenberg?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A cyanide tablet.
(c) A razor blade.
2. During what years was Nelson Rockefeller U.S. Vice President?
3. Who was the first Italian scientist on Moe Berg's list to visit in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Edoardo Amaldi.
(b) Dr. Otto Hahn.
(c) Antonio Ferri.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
4. Who was Moe Berg's driver in Italy in the summer of 1944?
(a) Aldo Icardi.
(b) Joseph Grew.
(c) Paul Scherrer.
(d) Walther Bothe.
5. What other regular radio quiz show guest and sports commentator said "Moe was the most scholarly professional athlete (I) ever knew"?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Antonio Ferri.
(c) William Donovan.
(d) John Kieran.
Short Answer Questions
1. In late May, 1944, Moe flew from Casablanca to where?
2. When did Moe Berg die?
3. What manager of the Red Sox asked Moe Berg to become a coach for the team?
4. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," Moe made his way to England aboard what?
5. Who was the moderator of the radio quiz show which Moe Berg made guest appearances on in 1939?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the U.S. Government's principle concern over the German scientist described in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
2. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
3. What did Moe Berg spend the summer of 1944 doing? What driver accompanied him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
4. Where did Moe Berg travel in the spring of 1944 for the OSS in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
5. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
6. Who assisted Moe Berg in tracking down information about Heisenberg in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
7. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
8. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
9. Where did Moe travel in his work for the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
10. On what radio show did Moe Berg appear in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? Why did he discontinue appearing on the show?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)