|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the CIA offer Moe Berg a contract in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
2. How many seasons did Moe Berg play with the Boston Red Sox?
3. What does MVP stand for?
(a) Most Varied Position.
(b) Most Valuable Player.
(c) Main Valuable Player.
(d) Many Varied Players.
4. After his guest stint on a radio quiz show, who told Moe Berg, "Berg, in just thirty minutes you did more for baseball than I've done the entire time I've been commissioner"?
(a) William Eckert.
(b) A. B. "Happy" Chandler, Sr.
(c) Ford Frick.
(d) Kenesaw Mountain Landis.
5. When did Moe Berg die?
(a) August 3, 1979.
(b) May 13, 1981.
(c) May 29, 1972.
(d) September 24, 1967.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fellow OSS agent and friend did Moe Berg visit in Oklahoma in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
2. What was Moe Berg given to commit suicide with after he assassinated Werner Heisenberg?
3. How much was Moe Berg stuck owing to the United States government for an unfulfilled contract after a film and stationary business went bankrupt in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
4. When Moe Berg joined the OIAA he left behind a baseball career that had lasted how many years?
5. What term, in its original usage, describes a competition between two or more parties for the best armed forces?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to the Cold War, as described in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
2. Who did the OSS send Moe Berg to visit in June, 1945, in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he accomplish in this visit?
3. What was the AZUSA mission in which Moe Berg was involved in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
4. Who did Moe Berg visit in January of 1946 in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company? What was his objective in the visit?
5. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
6. What did Moe Berg spend the summer of 1944 doing? What driver accompanied him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
7. Who did Moe Berg go to work for after leaving the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket? What woman did he have a relationship at this time?
8. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
9. Why did the the SSU have a problem with Moe Berg in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What was the outcome of this conflict?
10. Why did Moe Berg dislike rooming with DiMaggio in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? What job was he offered in this chapter?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)