|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The optical laboratory Moe Berg was directed to investigate in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy" was thought to be helping compress fissionable material for Germany's what?
(a) Nuclear bombs.
(b) Dirty bombs.
(c) Atomic bombs.
(d) Plutonium bombs.
2. What radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology advocates the creation of a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through indoctrination, physical education, and family policy including eugenics?
3. The OIAA courted Moe Berg in the spring of what year, often coming to him at the ballpark to discuss his possible role with them?
4. What old friend from the Franklin Institute did Moe Berg visit in Philadelphia in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) I.M. Levitt.
(b) G.C. Wick.
(c) H.P. Robertson.
(d) C.A. Dulles.
5. What expert sharpshooter was employed to kill Heisenberg, but at the last minute his mission was canceled in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Carl Eifler.
(b) Clifton Fadiman.
(c) Gian Carlo Wick.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fellow OSS agent and friend did Moe Berg visit in Oklahoma in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
2. During what years was Nelson Rockefeller U.S. Vice President?
3. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Italians could not build an atomic bomb for what reason?
4. Who did Moe Berg convince Lise Meitner to write a letter to while in Switzerland?
5. When the OSS was formed, it was styled after what intelligence operation in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Moe Berg go to work for after leaving the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket? What woman did he have a relationship at this time?
2. Who did Moe Berg mentor in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
3. What led to the Cold War, as described in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
4. Who assisted Moe Berg in tracking down information about Heisenberg in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
5. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
6. Who established the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was its purpose?
7. Who did Moe Berg visit in January of 1946 in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company? What was his objective in the visit?
8. What impression did Moe Berg's Japan films have on the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
9. What did Moe Berg spend the summer of 1944 doing? What driver accompanied him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
10. What German scientist did the U.S. have concern for in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)