|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ted Williams played his entire 21-year Major League Baseball career as what position for the Red Sox?
(a) Left fielder.
(b) 1st baseman.
(c) 3rd baseman.
(d) Center fielder.
2. In Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar," Moe Berg became a regular at Princeton, arriving at the home of what old friend the night of the game and gaining an invitation to dinner and a place to stay for the night?
(a) W.J. Donovan.
(b) P.H. Truman.
(c) H.P. Robertson.
(d) I.M. Levitt.
3. What consultant for the Arthur D. Little Company did Moe Berg meet in Boston in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Roy Spencer.
(b) Charles Owen.
(c) Joseph Grew.
(d) Harry Broley.
4. Under what U.S. President did Nelson Rockefeller serve as Vice President?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Lyndon B. Johnson.
5. Who did Moe Berg convince Lise Meitner to write a letter to while in Switzerland?
(a) Dr. Otto Hahn.
(b) Cliff Bolton.
(c) Walther Bothe.
(d) Dr. Sam Berg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What young aeronautical engineer was Moe Berg directed to talk into moving to the United States in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
2. When did the CIA offer Moe Berg a contract in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
3. When Moe Berg joined the OIAA he left behind a baseball career that had lasted how many years?
4. In Cleveland, Moe Berg stayed at the home of whom in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
5. After his playing career ended, Moe Berg was a Red Sox coach in what years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression did Moe Berg's Japan films have on the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
2. Where did Moe travel in his work for the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
3. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
4. What scientist did Moe Berg meet first in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
5. What German scientist did the U.S. have concern for in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
6. How did Moe Berg obtain information about Walther Bothe in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What did he learn about Italian and German atomic resources?
7. Why did the the SSU have a problem with Moe Berg in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What was the outcome of this conflict?
8. Who established the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was its purpose?
9. Describe Moe Berg's final days in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar." How did Berg survive during this time?
10. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)