|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What young aeronautical engineer was Moe Berg directed to talk into moving to the United States in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Cliff Bolton.
(b) Antonio Ferri.
(c) I.M. Levitt.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
2. What was a unique variety of fascism that incorporated biological racism and antisemitism during WWII?
3. As a member of the OIAA, Moe began telling people in the OSS about his films of what?
4. What Russian physicist developed a new method for liquefaction of air with a low-pressure cycle using a special high-efficiency expansion turbine in 1939?
(a) Theodore Von Karman.
(b) Clifton Fadiman.
(c) Antonio Ferri.
(d) Pyotr Kapitsa.
5. In Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," Moe Berg was sent to Zurich for a lecture by what physicist?
(a) Dr. Otto Hahn.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the OSS become after its dissolution in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
2. What is a phrase used to describe the communist states within the Soviet Union's sphere of influence or those countries that had centrally-planned economies?
3. Werner Heisenberg was awarded the 1932 Nobel Prize in Physics for his contributions to what?
4. Moe Berg was sent by the OSS in what year to see Lise Meitner in Switzerland?
5. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Germans were how far from perfecting the science of the atomic bomb?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to the Cold War, as described in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
2. Where did Moe Berg travel in the spring of 1944 for the OSS in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
4. What young aeronautical engineer did Moe Berg track down in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What was the outcome of the mission?
5. Who established the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was its purpose?
6. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
7. Describe Moe Berg's final days in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar." How did Berg survive during this time?
8. On what radio show did Moe Berg appear in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? Why did he discontinue appearing on the show?
9. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
10. Who did Moe Berg go to work for after leaving the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket? What woman did he have a relationship at this time?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)