|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar," Moe Berg became a regular at Princeton, arriving at the home of what old friend the night of the game and gaining an invitation to dinner and a place to stay for the night?
(a) H.P. Robertson.
(b) W.J. Donovan.
(c) P.H. Truman.
(d) I.M. Levitt.
2. What is a political term that refers to a country that is formally independent, but under heavy political and economic influence or control by another country?
(a) Pressured state.
(b) Associate state.
(c) Satellite state.
(d) Mirror state.
3. Moe Berg was sent by the OSS in what year to see Lise Meitner in Switzerland?
4. When was Nelson Rockefeller born?
(a) December 16, 1898.
(b) August 28, 1911.
(c) May 2, 1905.
(d) July 8, 1908.
5. In New York, Moe enjoyed a friendship with what aeronautical engineer he met through Ferris in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Theodore Von Karman.
(b) Walther Bothe.
(c) Harry Broley.
(d) Allen Dulles.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his playing career ended, Moe Berg was a Red Sox coach in what years?
2. Who was Moe Berg's Alsos's counterpart in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. Who was the only woman Moe ever had a successful relationship with?
4. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Germans were how far from perfecting the science of the atomic bomb?
5. Following World War II, Werner Heisenberg was appointed director of what institution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
2. What was the U.S. Government's principle concern over the German scientist described in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
3. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
4. When did the CIA offer Moe Berg a contract in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"? How was his relationship with the CIA?
5. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
6. What assignment did Moe Berg's boss with the OSS give him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
7. What young aeronautical engineer did Moe Berg track down in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What was the outcome of the mission?
8. Who did the OSS send Moe Berg to visit in June, 1945, in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he accomplish in this visit?
9. What did Moe Berg spend the summer of 1944 doing? What driver accompanied him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
10. Where did Moe Berg travel in the spring of 1944 for the OSS in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)