|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fellow OSS agent and friend did Moe Berg visit in Oklahoma in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Joe Cronin.
(b) Robert Furman.
(c) Tony Calvert.
(d) Herb Hunter.
2. When the OSS was formed, it was styled after what intelligence operation in England?
3. What Russian physicist developed a new method for liquefaction of air with a low-pressure cycle using a special high-efficiency expansion turbine in 1939?
(a) Pyotr Kapitsa.
(b) Theodore Von Karman.
(c) Clifton Fadiman.
(d) Antonio Ferri.
4. Who was the oldest son of Bernard and Rose Berg?
(a) Dr. John Berg.
(b) Dr. Alex Berg.
(c) Dr. Sam Berg.
(d) Dr. Robert Berg.
5. What was the batting average of Ted Williams?
Short Answer Questions
1. In late 1944/early 1945, Moe Berg began reporting to the OSS office in Bern lead by whom?
2. Who was Moe Berg's Alsos's counterpart in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. What consultant for the Arthur D. Little Company did Moe Berg meet in Boston in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
4. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Italians could not build an atomic bomb for what reason?
5. What manager of the Red Sox asked Moe Berg to become a coach for the team?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did the OSS send Moe Berg to visit in June, 1945, in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he accomplish in this visit?
2. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
3. Who did Moe Berg go to work for after leaving the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket? What woman did he have a relationship at this time?
4. What scientist did Moe Berg meet first in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
5. On what radio show did Moe Berg appear in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? Why did he discontinue appearing on the show?
6. Where did Moe travel in his work for the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
7. What was the AZUSA mission in which Moe Berg was involved in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
8. What led to the establishment of the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was the OSS?
9. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
10. Who did Moe Berg mentor in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)