|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many seasons did Moe Berg play with the Boston Red Sox?
2. In his time playing for the Boston Red Sox, Moe Berg averaged fewer than how many games per season?
3. In Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar," Moe Berg became a regular at Princeton, arriving at the home of what old friend the night of the game and gaining an invitation to dinner and a place to stay for the night?
(a) W.J. Donovan.
(b) H.P. Robertson.
(c) I.M. Levitt.
(d) P.H. Truman.
4. Moe Berg arrived in Rome how long after it was liberated in 1944?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 5 days.
5. When was Nelson Rockefeller born?
(a) December 16, 1898.
(b) July 8, 1908.
(c) August 28, 1911.
(d) May 2, 1905.
Short Answer Questions
1. After visiting with Meitner, Moe was sent on a tour of the United States with who in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
2. What award did Moe Berg earn for his service in the OSS and refuse it?
3. What fellow OSS agent and friend did Moe Berg visit in Oklahoma in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
4. What radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology advocates the creation of a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through indoctrination, physical education, and family policy including eugenics?
5. Who was the wartime head of the OSS?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did the OSS send Moe Berg to visit in June, 1945, in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he accomplish in this visit?
2. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
3. Who assisted Moe Berg in tracking down information about Heisenberg in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
4. Describe Moe Berg's final days in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar." How did Berg survive during this time?
5. Why did Moe Berg dislike rooming with DiMaggio in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? What job was he offered in this chapter?
6. On what radio show did Moe Berg appear in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? Why did he discontinue appearing on the show?
7. Why did the the SSU have a problem with Moe Berg in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What was the outcome of this conflict?
8. How did Moe Berg obtain information about Walther Bothe in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What did he learn about Italian and German atomic resources?
9. What led to the Cold War, as described in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
10. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)