|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times was Moe Berg a guest appearance on a popular radio quiz show before never returning?
2. How much was Moe Berg stuck owing to the United States government for an unfulfilled contract after a film and stationary business went bankrupt in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
3. After World War II began to resolve itself, Moe Berg was sent home and arrived in Newark on what date?
(a) July 27, 1949.
(b) November 4, 1947.
(c) April 25, 1945.
(d) March 11, 1942.
4. What radio quiz show was Moe Berg a guest on in 1939?
(a) Know it all.
(b) Information, Please!
(c) Tell me more.
(d) Questions and answers.
5. Who was the only woman Moe ever had a successful relationship with?
(a) Marsha Smith.
(b) Rose Tashke.
(c) Samantha Hendricks.
(d) Estella Huni.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the attack on Pearl Harbor take place?
2. When was Werner Heisenberg born?
3. When did the Cold War begin?
4. Following World War II, Werner Heisenberg was appointed director of what institution?
5. After his guest stint on a radio quiz show, who told Moe Berg, "Berg, in just thirty minutes you did more for baseball than I've done the entire time I've been commissioner"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
2. What was the AZUSA mission in which Moe Berg was involved in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
3. What was the U.S. Government's principle concern over the German scientist described in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
4. Why did Moe Berg dislike rooming with DiMaggio in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? What job was he offered in this chapter?
5. Where did Moe Berg travel in the spring of 1944 for the OSS in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
6. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
7. What assignment did Moe Berg's boss with the OSS give him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
8. What led to the establishment of the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was the OSS?
9. How did Moe Berg obtain information about Walther Bothe in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What did he learn about Italian and German atomic resources?
10. Who did Moe Berg go to work for after leaving the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket? What woman did he have a relationship at this time?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)