|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the mission Moe Berg was assigned to with the objective of encouraging Italian scientists to come to America?
2. AGARD was an agency of NATO that existed from 1952 to when?
3. What was Moe Berg given to commit suicide with after he assassinated Werner Heisenberg?
(a) A pistol.
(c) A razor blade.
(d) A cyanide tablet.
4. What is a political term that refers to a country that is formally independent, but under heavy political and economic influence or control by another country?
(a) Satellite state.
(b) Associate state.
(c) Mirror state.
(d) Pressured state.
5. How many seasons did Moe Berg play with the Boston Red Sox?
Short Answer Questions
1. The U.S. government was deeply concerned that Werner Heisenberg would perfect what weapon before American scientists?
2. What President called for the formation of the OSS?
3. What does MVP stand for?
4. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," Moe made his way to England aboard what?
5. Moe's boss with the OSS came to Italy and instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory where in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who assisted Moe Berg in tracking down information about Heisenberg in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
2. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
3. Who did Moe Berg go to work for after leaving the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket? What woman did he have a relationship at this time?
4. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
5. What impression did Moe Berg's Japan films have on the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
6. When did the CIA offer Moe Berg a contract in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"? How was his relationship with the CIA?
7. Describe Moe Berg's final days in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar." How did Berg survive during this time?
8. Who did Moe Berg mentor in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
9. Where did Moe travel in his work for the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
10. What young aeronautical engineer did Moe Berg track down in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What was the outcome of the mission?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)