|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Cold War begin?
2. Who was the moderator of the radio quiz show which Moe Berg made guest appearances on in 1939?
(a) Roy Spencer.
(b) John McGraw.
(c) Clifton Fadiman.
(d) H.P. Robertson.
3. Who was the only woman Moe ever had a successful relationship with?
(a) Marsha Smith.
(b) Rose Tashke.
(c) Estella Huni.
(d) Samantha Hendricks.
4. In late 1944/early 1945, Moe Berg began reporting to the OSS office in Bern lead by whom?
(a) H.P. Robertson.
(b) Allen Dulles.
(c) Carl Eifler.
(d) Tony Calvert.
5. The OIAA courted Moe Berg in the spring of what year, often coming to him at the ballpark to discuss his possible role with them?
Short Answer Questions
1. During what years was Nelson Rockefeller U.S. Vice President?
2. AGARD was an agency of NATO that existed from 1952 to when?
3. What is a war that results when opposing powers use third parties as substitutes for fighting each other directly?
4. How many seasons did Moe Berg play with the Boston Red Sox?
5. In his time playing for the Boston Red Sox, Moe Berg averaged fewer than how many games per season?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
2. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
3. Where did Moe Berg travel in the spring of 1944 for the OSS in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
4. Why was Moe Berg sent to Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he learn about Joliot-Curie there?
5. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
6. What scientist did Moe Berg meet first in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
7. What was the AZUSA mission in which Moe Berg was involved in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
8. Why did Moe Berg dislike rooming with DiMaggio in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? What job was he offered in this chapter?
9. After returning from Switzerland in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," where did Moe Berg go next? What happened to the OSS?
10. How did Moe Berg obtain information about Walther Bothe in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What did he learn about Italian and German atomic resources?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)