|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Germans were how far from perfecting the science of the atomic bomb?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 245 days.
(d) 10 weeks.
2. During what years was Nelson Rockefeller U.S. Vice President?
3. Moe Berg arrived in Rome how long after it was liberated in 1944?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
4. After visiting with Meitner, Moe was sent on a tour of the United States with who in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) Allan Siegal.
(b) Paul Scherrer.
(c) Edoardo Amaldi.
(d) Herb Hunter.
5. After his playing career ended, Moe Berg was a Red Sox coach in what years?
(a) 1944 and 1945.
(b) 1948 and 1949.
(c) 1940 and 1941.
(d) 1938 and 1939.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," Moe Berg was sent to Zurich for a lecture by what physicist?
2. What civil engineer during World War II was the chief of foreign intelligence for the Manhattan Engineer District directing espionage against the German nuclear energy project?
3. Who was Moe Berg's Alsos's counterpart in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
4. What is a political term that refers to a country that is formally independent, but under heavy political and economic influence or control by another country?
5. What expert sharpshooter was employed to kill Heisenberg, but at the last minute his mission was canceled in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. After returning from Switzerland in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," where did Moe Berg go next? What happened to the OSS?
2. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
3. Who assisted Moe Berg in tracking down information about Heisenberg in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
4. Why did the the SSU have a problem with Moe Berg in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What was the outcome of this conflict?
5. What was the U.S. Government's principle concern over the German scientist described in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
6. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
7. Who did Moe Berg go to work for after leaving the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket? What woman did he have a relationship at this time?
8. Who did Moe Berg visit in January of 1946 in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company? What was his objective in the visit?
9. Describe Moe Berg's final days in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar." How did Berg survive during this time?
10. What scientist did Moe Berg meet first in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)