|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What consultant for the Arthur D. Little Company did Moe Berg meet in Boston in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Charles Owen.
(b) Joseph Grew.
(c) Harry Broley.
(d) Roy Spencer.
2. Under what U.S. President did Nelson Rockefeller serve as Vice President?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Richard Nixon.
3. What is a phrase used to describe the communist states within the Soviet Union's sphere of influence or those countries that had centrally-planned economies?
(a) Fourth World.
(b) Second World.
(c) First World.
(d) Third World.
4. Lise Meitner was a physicist in exile from where?
5. After World War II began to resolve itself, Moe Berg was sent home and arrived in Newark on what date?
(a) April 25, 1945.
(b) July 27, 1949.
(c) November 4, 1947.
(d) March 11, 1942.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Werner Heisenberg born?
2. When did the Cold War begin?
3. Moe Berg arrived in Rome how long after it was liberated in 1944?
4. What was a unique variety of fascism that incorporated biological racism and antisemitism during WWII?
5. After his assignment involving Heisenberg ended, Moe Berg was introduced to what director of the Physics Institute at the Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule in Zurich?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Moe Berg spend the summer of 1944 doing? What driver accompanied him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
2. Who assisted Moe Berg in tracking down information about Heisenberg in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. What was the AZUSA mission in which Moe Berg was involved in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
4. After returning from Switzerland in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," where did Moe Berg go next? What happened to the OSS?
5. What led to the Cold War, as described in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
6. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
7. Who did the OSS send Moe Berg to visit in June, 1945, in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he accomplish in this visit?
8. Who did Moe Berg go to work for after leaving the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket? What woman did he have a relationship at this time?
9. What young aeronautical engineer did Moe Berg track down in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What was the outcome of the mission?
10. Where did Moe travel in his work for the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)