|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Moe Berg convince Lise Meitner to write a letter to while in Switzerland?
(a) Walther Bothe.
(b) Dr. Sam Berg.
(c) Cliff Bolton.
(d) Dr. Otto Hahn.
2. Who was the oldest son of Bernard and Rose Berg?
(a) Dr. Sam Berg.
(b) Dr. Alex Berg.
(c) Dr. Robert Berg.
(d) Dr. John Berg.
3. What President called for the formation of the OSS?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Herbert Hoover.
(c) Harry S. Truman.
(d) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
4. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that he should be concerned about a chemist named what?
(a) Tony Calvert.
(b) Charles Owen.
(c) Roy Spencer.
(d) Walther Bothe.
5. What physicist in Copenhagen was Moe Berg directed to meet with in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) Aldo Icardi.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(d) Theodore Von Karman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Moe Berg picked up by the Boston Red Sox?
2. After his guest stint on a radio quiz show, who told Moe Berg, "Berg, in just thirty minutes you did more for baseball than I've done the entire time I've been commissioner"?
3. Moe Berg was sent by the OSS in what year to see Lise Meitner in Switzerland?
4. What does MVP stand for?
5. Under what U.S. President did Nelson Rockefeller serve as Vice President?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the the SSU have a problem with Moe Berg in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What was the outcome of this conflict?
2. What assignment did Moe Berg's boss with the OSS give him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. What financial troubles did Moe Berg encounter in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
4. What German scientist did the U.S. have concern for in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
5. What did Moe Berg spend the summer of 1944 doing? What driver accompanied him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
6. What led to the establishment of the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"? What was the OSS?
7. What was the AZUSA mission in which Moe Berg was involved in Chapter 10, "Remus Heads for Rome"?
8. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
9. Where did Moe travel in his work for the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
10. Who did the OSS send Moe Berg to visit in June, 1945, in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he accomplish in this visit?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)