|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Louvre Museum open?
2. On what date did the group of three players began their circuit of Japanese universities in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
(a) January 5, 1923.
(b) May 4, 1928.
(c) October 22, 1932.
(d) July 28, 1929.
3. When was Babe Ruth born?
4. With what respected Wall Street law firm did Moe Berg take a position in 1930?
(a) Bloomberg and Rodgers.
(b) Satterlee and Canfield.
(c) Ernster and Robbins.
(d) Scofield and Newton.
5. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
(a) Joe Cronin.
(b) Tony Calvert.
(c) John Kieran.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what high school did Moe Berg graduate?
2. For what team did Moe Berg play in Reading, Pennsylvania?
3. In what year did Bernard Berg leave Ukraine to head west?
4. Where did Moe Berg attend several classes while in Paris in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
5. What CIA museum curator idolizes Moe Berg as described in the Prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the principle objective of Bernard Berg as described in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
2. Where did Moe Berg take a non-baseball-related job in 1930 in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
3. What led to Moe Berg becoming a permanent catcher for the White Sox in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
4. What led to Moe Berg's first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
5. Why did Moe Berg begin the 1926 season late in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
6. What academic success did Moe Berg attain in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? What athletic success?
7. What baseball teams approached Moe Berg after college graduation in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? Who did Moe Berg sign with?
8. What did Moe Berg take along with him on his second trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? Who had contracted Berg?
9. What led to Moe Berg's second Japan trip in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? What other ballplayers went on the tour?
10. When did Bernard Berg immigrate to America in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"? What job did he take?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)