|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Lou Gehrig born?
2. Where did Moe Berg earn his law degree?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Duke University.
(c) Columbia Law School.
(d) Yale University.
3. From what village in the Ukraine was Bernard Berg?
4. What New York City newsreel production company had Berg had contracted to film the sights of his second trip to Japan?
(b) Walt Disney.
5. What kind of movie camera did Moe Berg take with him on his second trip to Japan?
(a) 16mm Bell and Howell.
(b) 16mm Kodak model E.
(c) 16mm Jeystone A-12.
(d) 16mm Victor model 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Louvre Palace built?
2. What was Moe Berg's father's profession by the time Moe entered college?
3. Part of the reason Moe was a quiet student in college was an underlying prejudice against what that existed at the school at the time?
4. While the rest of the team was playing in Omiya, Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital where during his second trip in Japan?
5. Where was Moe Berg born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened academically and in Moe Berg's sports career in 1929 in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
2. What led to Moe Berg taking position as the starting catcher for the Senators in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? When did the Senators release Berg?
3. Why did Moe Berg begin the 1926 season late in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
4. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1931 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"? How many games did he play?
5. What was the principle objective of Bernard Berg as described in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
6. What baseball teams approached Moe Berg after college graduation in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? Who did Moe Berg sign with?
7. What led to Moe Berg's first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
8. Describe Moe Berg's baseball career in the 1924-1925 seasons in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit." For what teams did Moe play?
9. Where did Moe Berg take a non-baseball-related job in 1930 in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
10. Where did Moe Berg travel after his first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)