|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what high school did Moe Berg graduate?
(a) Beaufort High School.
(b) Bradford High School.
(c) Barringer High School.
(d) Bellmont High School.
2. What refers to a fielder's ability to move from his position to field a ball in play in baseball?
3. When did the Louvre Museum open?
4. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
5. What kind of movie camera did Moe Berg take with him on his second trip to Japan?
(a) 16mm Victor model 3.
(b) 16mm Bell and Howell.
(c) 16mm Kodak model E.
(d) 16mm Jeystone A-12.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Moe Berg born?
2. Who did Moe Berg sign with in April of 1924?
3. The Office of Strategic Services was established by a Presidential military order in what year?
4. In what year did Moe Berg graduate college, earning a B.A. degree?
5. What manager of the Giants did Moe Berg have dinner in Paris with in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to Moe Berg taking position as the starting catcher for the Senators in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? When did the Senators release Berg?
2. What academic success did Moe Berg attain in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? What athletic success?
3. With whom did Moe Berg play in the 1923 baseball season? Where did he go in Paris when the season ended in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
4. How often did Moe Berg play in the 1930 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
5. Describe Moe Berg's baseball career in the 1924-1925 seasons in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit." For what teams did Moe play?
6. What did Moe Berg do to earn a high impression from John McGraw in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"? What academic pursuits did Moe Berg attain in Paris?
7. Where did Moe Berg take a non-baseball-related job in 1930 in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
8. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1933 season in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? How was his performance described?
9. How does the author describe Moe Berg's impact on those around him in the Prologue?
10. What was the principle objective of Bernard Berg as described in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)