|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what respected Wall Street law firm did Moe Berg take a position in 1930?
(a) Bloomberg and Rodgers.
(b) Satterlee and Canfield.
(c) Scofield and Newton.
(d) Ernster and Robbins.
2. What was a spy organization begun at the beginning of World War II to gather intelligence in the same manner as England's MI-6?
3. What refers to the official list of players who are eligible to play in a given game and to be included on the lineup card for that game in baseball?
4. Where did Moe Berg attend several classes while in Paris in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
(a) The Sorbonne.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) Les Invalides.
(d) Arc de Triomphe.
5. When did the Senators give Moe Berg his unconditional release?
(a) July 4, 1936.
(b) July 25, 1934.
(c) June 17, 1933.
(d) August 1, 1939.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Moe Berg begin playing professional baseball?
2. What color suits did Moe Berg traditionally wear?
3. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
4. The teams that approached Moe Berg after his college graduation were looking for a player who was what in order to bring in fans?
5. Where did Moe Berg earn his law degree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
2. Who did Moe Berg visit in January of 1946 in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company? What was his objective in the visit?
3. What did Moe Berg spend the summer of 1944 doing? What driver accompanied him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
4. Who did the OSS send Moe Berg to visit in June, 1945, in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"? What did he accomplish in this visit?
5. After returning from Switzerland in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," where did Moe Berg go next? What happened to the OSS?
6. What university did Moe enter in 1919? What was his demeanor there described as?
7. How did the OIAA begin courting Moe Berg in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
8. Where did Moe Berg travel after his first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
9. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1933 season in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? How was his performance described?
10. Describe Dr. Sam Berg. What was his relationship with his brother Moe?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)