|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the baseball season of 1929, where was Moe Berg injured?
(a) His bicep.
(b) His elbow.
(c) His foot.
(d) His knee.
2. In what year did Bernard Berg leave Ukraine to head west?
3. Where was Moe Berg born?
(a) New York, NY.
(b) Boston, MA.
(c) Columbus, OH.
(d) Portland, ME.
4. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Charles Owen.
(c) Gian Carlo Wick.
(d) Clifton Fadiman.
5. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included Germany, Italy and Japan?
(a) Axis powers.
(b) Allied powers.
(c) Eastern powers.
(d) Western powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Lou Gehrig born?
2. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
3. What was a spy organization begun at the beginning of World War II to gather intelligence in the same manner as England's MI-6?
4. Where did Moe Berg attend several classes while in Paris in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
5. What was Moe Berg's batting average at the end of the season of 1933?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Moe Berg go to work after quitting baseball, as described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
2. What was John Kieran credited with in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
3. Where did Moe Berg take a non-baseball-related job in 1930 in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
4. When did Bernard Berg immigrate to America in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"? What job did he take?
5. How is Moe Berg's relationship with the press described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"? What were Berg's academic qualities?
6. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1933 season in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? How was his performance described?
7. What theory does the author put forth regarding Bernard Berg's relationship with his children in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
8. What happened in Moe Berg's baseball career when he returned from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
9. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1931 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"? How many games did he play?
10. Where did Moe Berg travel after his first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)