|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picked up Moe Berg after his unconditional release from the Cleveland Indians?
(a) The Washington Senators.
(b) The Little Rock Travelers.
(c) The Minneapolis Millers.
(d) The Toledo Mud Hens.
2. When was the Louvre Palace built?
(a) The early 10th century.
(b) The early 16th century.
(c) The mid 14th century.
(d) The late 12th century.
3. How old was Moe Berg when he begged his mother to let him start school?
(a) 2 and 1/2.
(d) 3 and 1/2.
4. What two players other than Moe Berg went to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
(a) Niels Bohr and Harry Broley.
(b) John Kieran and Tony Calvert.
(c) Lefty O'Doul and Ted Lyons.
(d) Walther Bothe and Otto Hahn.
5. With what batting average did Moe Berg finish the 1930 season?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was OIAA established?
2. What CIA museum curator idolizes Moe Berg as described in the Prologue?
3. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included France and the United States?
4. When was Moe Berg born?
5. What was Moe Berg's batting average after the 1932 season?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to Moe Berg taking position as the starting catcher for the Senators in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? When did the Senators release Berg?
2. Describe Moe Berg's baseball career in the 1924-1925 seasons in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit." For what teams did Moe play?
3. What led to Moe Berg's first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
4. How is Moe Berg's relationship with the press described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"? What were Berg's academic qualities?
5. What led to Moe Berg's second Japan trip in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? What other ballplayers went on the tour?
6. What was John Kieran credited with in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
7. How often did Moe Berg play in the 1930 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
8. Where did Moe Berg go to work after quitting baseball, as described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
9. Why did Moe Berg begin the 1926 season late in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
10. With whom did Moe Berg play in the 1923 baseball season? Where did he go in Paris when the season ended in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)