|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what village in the Ukraine was Bernard Berg?
2. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
3. When was OIAA established?
4. Who established and headed the OIAA?
(a) Nelson D. Rockefeller.
(b) Herb Hunter.
(c) John Kieran.
(d) William Donovan.
5. While the rest of the team was playing in Omiya, Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital where during his second trip in Japan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What CIA museum curator idolizes Moe Berg as described in the Prologue?
2. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included Germany, Italy and Japan?
3. What was Moe Berg's father's profession by the time Moe entered college?
4. What was an organization designed to spread propaganda in South and Central America to keep the citizens of those countries on the side of the United States during World War II?
5. What two players other than Moe Berg went to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to Moe Berg becoming a permanent catcher for the White Sox in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
2. What was the principle objective of Bernard Berg as described in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
3. Why did Moe Berg begin the 1926 season late in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
4. What university did Moe enter in 1919? What was his demeanor there described as?
5. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1933 season in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? How was his performance described?
6. Where did Moe Berg take a non-baseball-related job in 1930 in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
7. What led to Moe Berg taking position as the starting catcher for the Senators in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? When did the Senators release Berg?
8. How is Moe Berg's relationship with the press described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"? What were Berg's academic qualities?
9. What did Bernard Berg study to become after leaving the laundry business in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"? How did Bernard feel about religion?
10. What academic success did Moe Berg attain in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? What athletic success?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)