|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Moe Berg born?
(a) May 2, 1909.
(b) April 7, 1899.
(c) June 19, 1906.
(d) March 2, 1902.
2. Where did Bernard Berg begin working in New York after immigrating?
(a) A hospital.
(b) The docks.
(c) A factory.
(d) A laundry.
3. When was the CIA established?
4. What assistant managing editor of the New York Times received letters from someone claiming to be Moe Berg in the Prologue?
(a) Allan Siegal.
(b) Ted Lyons.
(c) Walther Bothe.
(d) Rose Tashke.
5. In 1925, Moe played so well that the Chicago Cubs wanted him, but what team had an option on him that they quickly exercised?
(a) The Red Sox.
(b) The Blue Jays.
(c) The Golden Eagles.
(d) The White Sox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Moe Berg graduate with a B.A. degree?
2. When was OIAA established?
3. How many hits did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
4. What refers to the official list of players who are eligible to play in a given game and to be included on the lineup card for that game in baseball?
5. Part of the reason Moe was a quiet student in college was an underlying prejudice against what that existed at the school at the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to Moe Berg taking position as the starting catcher for the Senators in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? When did the Senators release Berg?
2. What happened in Moe Berg's baseball career when he returned from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
3. Describe Moe Berg's rooftop filming in Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera." Where did he film from?
4. What was John Kieran credited with in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
5. What led to Moe Berg's second Japan trip in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? What other ballplayers went on the tour?
6. How often did Moe Berg play in the 1930 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
7. What baseball teams approached Moe Berg after college graduation in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? Who did Moe Berg sign with?
8. What led to Moe Berg becoming a permanent catcher for the White Sox in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
9. What did Bernard Berg study to become after leaving the laundry business in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"? How did Bernard feel about religion?
10. With whom did Moe Berg play in the 1923 baseball season? Where did he go in Paris when the season ended in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)