|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does OIAA stand for?
(a) Oil Industry Association of America.
(b) Open Information Act of America.
(c) Office of Industry and Agriculture.
(d) Office of Inter-American Affairs.
2. How many hits did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
3. What was the maiden name of Moe Berg's mother?
(a) Mary Collins.
(b) Rose Tashke.
(c) Linda McCarthy.
(d) Estella Huni.
4. In 1926, Moe informed his team that he would not be able to join them until two months into the season because he needed to do what?
(a) Work on an invention.
(b) Travel across the country.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Complete his semester at Columbia Law School.
5. In 1929, Moe missed his opportunity to graduate with his law school class because he failed what?
(a) Constitutional Amendments.
(d) Court procedings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Moe Berg invited to attend spring training in 1932?
2. What kind of movie camera did Moe Berg take with him on his second trip to Japan?
3. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included Germany, Italy and Japan?
4. When did Moe Berg return to the United States from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
5. What was an organization designed to spread propaganda in South and Central America to keep the citizens of those countries on the side of the United States during World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does author Nicholas Dawidoff describe Moe Berg's sports persona in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
2. Describe Moe Berg's baseball career in the 1924-1925 seasons in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit." For what teams did Moe play?
3. What led to Moe Berg's second Japan trip in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? What other ballplayers went on the tour?
4. What happened academically and in Moe Berg's sports career in 1929 in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
5. What theory does the author put forth regarding Bernard Berg's relationship with his children in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
6. What baseball teams approached Moe Berg after college graduation in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? Who did Moe Berg sign with?
7. What academic success did Moe Berg attain in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? What athletic success?
8. How is Moe Berg's relationship with the press described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"? What were Berg's academic qualities?
9. Where did Moe Berg go to work after quitting baseball, as described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
10. What was the principle objective of Bernard Berg as described in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)