|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Moe Berg graduate with a B.A. degree?
(a) University of Chicago.
(b) Stanford University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Harvard University.
2. When was the Louvre Palace built?
(a) The early 10th century.
(b) The late 12th century.
(c) The mid 14th century.
(d) The early 16th century.
3. Who arranged for three players to go to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
(a) Clifton Fadiman.
(b) Herb Hunter.
(c) Theodore Von Karman.
(d) Antonio Ferri.
4. When did Moe Berg receive his his LL.B. degree?
5. How many languages did Moe Berg study while earning his B.A. degree?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Moe Berg grow up after the age of three?
2. Who picked up Moe Berg after his unconditional release from the Cleveland Indians?
3. What was Moe Berg's batting average at the end of the season of 1933?
4. In what year did Bernard Berg leave Ukraine to head west?
5. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theory does the author put forth regarding Bernard Berg's relationship with his children in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
2. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1931 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"? How many games did he play?
3. How is Moe Berg's relationship with the press described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"? What were Berg's academic qualities?
4. What was John Kieran credited with in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
5. What led to Moe Berg taking position as the starting catcher for the Senators in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? When did the Senators release Berg?
6. Where did Moe Berg go to work after quitting baseball, as described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
7. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1933 season in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? How was his performance described?
8. Where did Moe Berg travel after his first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
9. Why did Moe Berg begin the 1926 season late in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
10. Describe Moe Berg's baseball career in the 1924-1925 seasons in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit." For what teams did Moe play?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)