|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what village in the Ukraine was Bernard Berg?
2. From what high school did Moe Berg graduate?
(a) Bradford High School.
(b) Barringer High School.
(c) Beaufort High School.
(d) Bellmont High School.
3. What was Moe Berg's batting average after the 1932 season?
4. On his second Japan trip, Moe Berg convinced Babe Ruth that he learned Japanese in what amount of time?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 10 days.
5. What does OIAA stand for?
(a) Office of Inter-American Affairs.
(b) Oil Industry Association of America.
(c) Open Information Act of America.
(d) Office of Industry and Agriculture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Moe Berg attend several classes while in Paris in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
2. How many languages did Moe Berg study while earning his B.A. degree?
3. When was Moe Berg born?
4. The Office of Strategic Services was established by a Presidential military order in what year?
5. What was an organization designed to spread propaganda in South and Central America to keep the citizens of those countries on the side of the United States during World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was John Kieran credited with in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
2. Describe Moe Berg's rooftop filming in Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera." Where did he film from?
3. Where did Moe Berg travel after his first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
4. How often did Moe Berg play in the 1930 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
5. What happened academically and in Moe Berg's sports career in 1929 in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
6. What baseball teams approached Moe Berg after college graduation in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? Who did Moe Berg sign with?
7. What academic success did Moe Berg attain in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? What athletic success?
8. What led to Moe Berg's second Japan trip in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? What other ballplayers went on the tour?
9. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1933 season in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? How was his performance described?
10. Why did Moe Berg begin the 1926 season late in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)