|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Gian Carlo Wick.
(b) Clifton Fadiman.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Charles Owen.
2. What was Moe Berg's batting average at the end of the season of 1933?
3. Where did Moe Berg grow up after the age of three?
(a) Boston, MA.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) Buffalo, NY.
(d) Newark, NJ.
4. When did Berg report to the Senators training camp after returning from Japan?
(a) April 16, 1934.
(b) May 1, 1931.
(c) February 26, 1933.
(d) March 2, 1930.
5. At what age had Moe Berg begun playing baseball?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color suits did Moe Berg traditionally wear?
2. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
3. Where did Bernard Berg begin working in New York after immigrating?
4. Who did Moe Berg sign with in April of 1924?
5. When did the Senators give Moe Berg his unconditional release?
Short Essay Questions
1. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1931 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"? How many games did he play?
2. What university did Moe enter in 1919? What was his demeanor there described as?
3. What led to Moe Berg's first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
4. Why did Moe Berg begin the 1926 season late in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
5. How is Moe Berg's relationship with the press described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"? What were Berg's academic qualities?
6. What academic success did Moe Berg attain in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? What athletic success?
7. How does author Nicholas Dawidoff describe Moe Berg's sports persona in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
8. What was John Kieran credited with in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
9. Where did Moe Berg travel after his first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
10. Where did Moe Berg take a non-baseball-related job in 1930 in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)