|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Gian Carlo Wick.
(b) Charles Owen.
(c) Clifton Fadiman.
(d) Niels Bohr.
2. During an exhibition game against what team did Moe Berg tear a knee ligament?
(a) The Little Rock Travelers.
(b) The Washington Senators.
(c) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(d) The Minneapolis Millers.
3. When did Berg report to the Senators training camp after returning from Japan?
(a) March 2, 1930.
(b) February 26, 1933.
(c) May 1, 1931.
(d) April 16, 1934.
4. What was Moe Berg's father's profession by the time Moe entered college?
(b) Taxi driver.
5. What kind of movie camera did Moe Berg take with him on his second trip to Japan?
(a) 16mm Kodak model E.
(b) 16mm Victor model 3.
(c) 16mm Bell and Howell.
(d) 16mm Jeystone A-12.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what batting average did Moe Berg finish the 1930 season?
2. Who did Moe Berg sign with in April of 1924?
3. How many hits did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
4. Where was Moe Berg sent after returning from Paris when the coaches saw his batting had not improved?
5. Moe Berg worked as a baseball coach until what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
2. What impression did Moe Berg's Japan films have on the OSS in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
3. What led to the Cold War, as described in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
4. What happened in Moe Berg's baseball career when he returned from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
5. How is Moe Berg's relationship with the press described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"? What were Berg's academic qualities?
6. Where did Moe travel in his work for the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
7. What led to Moe Berg's first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
8. What led to Moe Berg becoming a permanent catcher for the White Sox in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
9. What happened academically and in Moe Berg's sports career in 1929 in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
10. Who did Moe Berg go to work for after leaving the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket? What woman did he have a relationship at this time?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)