|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Louvre Palace built?
(a) The early 16th century.
(b) The early 10th century.
(c) The mid 14th century.
(d) The late 12th century.
2. Who was the Senators' starting catcher in 1933?
(a) Carl Eifler.
(b) Cliff Bolton.
(c) Joseph Grew.
(d) Gian Carlo Wick.
3. At what age had Moe Berg begun playing baseball?
4. Who did Moe Berg sign with in April of 1924?
(a) The Little Rock Travelers.
(b) The Minneapolis Millers.
(c) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(d) The Washington Senators.
5. What New York City newsreel production company had Berg had contracted to film the sights of his second trip to Japan?
(a) Walt Disney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Moe Berg ended up getting into only how many games in the entire 1930 season?
2. What is a body of senior uniformed leaders in the United States Department of Defense who advise the Secretary of Defense, the Homeland Security Council, the National Security Council and the President on military matters?
3. Moe Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital ostensibly to visit the daughter of what American ambassador?
4. From what village in the Ukraine was Bernard Berg?
5. Part of the reason Moe was a quiet student in college was an underlying prejudice against what that existed at the school at the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to Moe Berg's first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
2. When did Bernard Berg immigrate to America in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"? What job did he take?
3. What led to Moe Berg's second Japan trip in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? What other ballplayers went on the tour?
4. Why did Moe Berg begin the 1926 season late in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
5. What did Moe Berg take along with him on his second trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? Who had contracted Berg?
6. What happened academically and in Moe Berg's sports career in 1929 in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
7. What did Bernard Berg study to become after leaving the laundry business in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"? How did Bernard feel about religion?
8. What led to Moe Berg becoming a permanent catcher for the White Sox in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
9. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1931 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"? How many games did he play?
10. How does author Nicholas Dawidoff describe Moe Berg's sports persona in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)