|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assistant managing editor of the New York Times received letters from someone claiming to be Moe Berg in the Prologue?
(a) Allan Siegal.
(b) Ted Lyons.
(c) Walther Bothe.
(d) Rose Tashke.
2. On what date did the group of three players began their circuit of Japanese universities in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
(a) July 28, 1929.
(b) January 5, 1923.
(c) May 4, 1928.
(d) October 22, 1932.
3. How many hits did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
4. What CIA museum curator idolizes Moe Berg as described in the Prologue?
(a) Joseph Grew.
(b) I.M. Levitt.
(c) Linda McCarthy.
(d) Edoardo Amaldi.
5. What manager of the Giants did Moe Berg have dinner in Paris with in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
(a) Allen Dulles.
(b) John McGraw.
(c) Charles Owen.
(d) William Donovan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of movie camera did Moe Berg take with him on his second trip to Japan?
2. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1932 season?
3. Where did Moe Berg earn his law degree?
4. At what age had Moe Berg begun playing baseball?
5. For what team did Moe Berg play in Reading, Pennsylvania?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Moe Berg go to work after quitting baseball, as described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
2. Who assisted Moe Berg in tracking down information about Heisenberg in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1933 season in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? How was his performance described?
4. What did Moe Berg learn about Niels Bohr in Zurich in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
5. What theory does the author put forth regarding Bernard Berg's relationship with his children in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
6. Who did Moe Berg go to work for after leaving the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket? What woman did he have a relationship at this time?
7. What led to Moe Berg becoming a permanent catcher for the White Sox in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
8. Where did Moe travel in his work for the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket"?
9. What did Bernard Berg study to become after leaving the laundry business in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"? How did Bernard feel about religion?
10. What young aeronautical engineer did Moe Berg track down in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"? What was the outcome of the mission?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)