|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Moe Berg graduate with a B.A. degree?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) University of Chicago.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Stanford University.
2. When did Moe Berg return to the United States from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
3. What was an organization designed to spread propaganda in South and Central America to keep the citizens of those countries on the side of the United States during World War II?
4. In 1925, Moe played so well that the Chicago Cubs wanted him, but what team had an option on him that they quickly exercised?
(a) The Red Sox.
(b) The Golden Eagles.
(c) The White Sox.
(d) The Blue Jays.
5. What does RBI stand for?
(a) Robbed by infielder.
(b) Runs by inning.
(c) Really bad injury.
(d) Run batted in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Moe Berg's major for which he earned a B.A. degree?
2. With what batting average did Moe Berg finish the 1930 season?
3. Where did Moe Berg grow up after the age of three?
4. Who arranged for three players to go to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
5. Moe Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital ostensibly to visit the daughter of what American ambassador?
Short Essay Questions
1. What assignment did Moe Berg's boss with the OSS give him in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
2. What led to Moe Berg's first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
3. How is Moe Berg's relationship with the press described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"? What were Berg's academic qualities?
4. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1935 season? How is his performance described in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"?
5. Describe Moe Berg's rooftop filming in Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera." Where did he film from?
6. Who did Moe Berg go to work for after leaving the OIAA in Chapter 9, "Southern Junket? What woman did he have a relationship at this time?
7. What led to Moe Berg's second Japan trip in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? What other ballplayers went on the tour?
8. Why did Moe Berg dislike rooming with DiMaggio in Chapter 8, "Mr. Berg, You've Been Brilliant"? What job was he offered in this chapter?
9. What led to Moe Berg becoming a permanent catcher for the White Sox in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
10. With whom did Moe Berg play in the 1923 baseball season? Where did he go in Paris when the season ended in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)