|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Louvre Museum open?
2. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1931 season?
3. Who picked up Moe Berg after his unconditional release from the Cleveland Indians?
(a) The Minneapolis Millers.
(b) The Little Rock Travelers.
(c) The Washington Senators.
(d) The Toledo Mud Hens.
4. Part of the reason Moe was a quiet student in college was an underlying prejudice against what that existed at the school at the time?
5. What is a body of senior uniformed leaders in the United States Department of Defense who advise the Secretary of Defense, the Homeland Security Council, the National Security Council and the President on military matters?
(a) The Council of Military Leaders.
(b) The Knights of the Round Table.
(c) The Joint Chiefs of Staff.
(d) The Top Brass Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Moe Berg's batting average after the 1932 season?
2. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
3. When was the Louvre Palace built?
4. How many languages did Moe Berg study while earning his B.A. degree?
5. With what batting average did Moe Berg finish the 1930 season?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dr. Sam Berg. What was his relationship with his brother Moe?
2. What did Bernard Berg study to become after leaving the laundry business in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"? How did Bernard feel about religion?
3. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1933 season in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"? How was his performance described?
4. What theory does the author put forth regarding Bernard Berg's relationship with his children in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
5. What did Moe Berg do to earn a high impression from John McGraw in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"? What academic pursuits did Moe Berg attain in Paris?
6. What happened in Moe Berg's baseball career when he returned from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
7. Where did Moe Berg go to work after quitting baseball, as described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
8. What was the principle objective of Bernard Berg as described in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
9. Describe Moe Berg's rooftop filming in Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera." Where did he film from?
10. What led to Moe Berg's first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)