|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the official list of players who are eligible to play in a given game and to be included on the lineup card for that game in baseball?
2. How many games did Moe Berg play in the season of 1933?
3. Who picked up Moe Berg after his unconditional release from the Cleveland Indians?
(a) The Little Rock Travelers.
(b) The Minneapolis Millers.
(c) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(d) The Washington Senators.
4. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included France and the United States?
(a) Axis powers.
(b) Allied powers.
(c) Western powers.
(d) Eastern powers.
5. What two baseball clubs approached Moe Berg after his college graduation?
(a) The Chicago Cubs and the Boston Red Sox.
(b) The Cincinnati Reds and the Chicago Cubs.
(c) The New York Giants and the Brooklyn Robins.
(d) The Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Office of Strategic Services was established by a Presidential military order in what year?
2. The teams that approached Moe Berg after his college graduation were looking for a player who was what in order to bring in fans?
3. When was Lou Gehrig born?
4. Where did Moe Berg grow up after the age of three?
5. In 1925, Moe played so well that the Chicago Cubs wanted him, but what team had an option on him that they quickly exercised?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom did Moe Berg play in the 1923 baseball season? Where did he go in Paris when the season ended in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
2. Describe Moe Berg's baseball career in the 1924-1925 seasons in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit." For what teams did Moe play?
3. How is Moe Berg's relationship with the press described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"? What were Berg's academic qualities?
4. For whom did Moe Berg play in the 1931 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"? How many games did he play?
5. What university did Moe enter in 1919? What was his demeanor there described as?
6. Where did Moe Berg travel after his first trip to Japan in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
7. How often did Moe Berg play in the 1930 season in Chapter 6, "You Never Knew He Was Around"?
8. Where did Moe Berg go to work after quitting baseball, as described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
9. What happened in Moe Berg's baseball career when he returned from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
10. Describe Dr. Sam Berg. What was his relationship with his brother Moe?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)