|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
2. How many at bats did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
3. With what respected Wall Street law firm did Moe Berg take a position in 1930?
(a) Scofield and Newton.
(b) Ernster and Robbins.
(c) Bloomberg and Rodgers.
(d) Satterlee and Canfield.
4. Moe Berg worked as a baseball coach until what year?
5. How many games did Moe Berg play in the season of 1933?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the official list of players who are eligible to play in a given game and to be included on the lineup card for that game in baseball?
2. What antiquarian bookshop owner thought Moe Berg was a fraud in the Prologue?
3. What is a body of senior uniformed leaders in the United States Department of Defense who advise the Secretary of Defense, the Homeland Security Council, the National Security Council and the President on military matters?
4. The Office of Strategic Services was established by a Presidential military order in what year?
5. During an exhibition game against what team did Moe Berg tear a knee ligament?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Moe Berg go to work after quitting baseball, as described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
2. Describe Dr. Sam Berg. What was his relationship with his brother Moe?
3. What did Moe Berg do to earn a high impression from John McGraw in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"? What academic pursuits did Moe Berg attain in Paris?
4. What happened academically and in Moe Berg's sports career in 1929 in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
5. What happened in Moe Berg's baseball career when he returned from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
6. How does the author describe Moe Berg's impact on those around him in the Prologue?
7. What was John Kieran credited with in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
8. What baseball teams approached Moe Berg after college graduation in Chapter 3, "The Stiff Collar"? Who did Moe Berg sign with?
9. With whom did Moe Berg play in the 1923 baseball season? Where did he go in Paris when the season ended in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
10. What theory does the author put forth regarding Bernard Berg's relationship with his children in Chapter 2, "Youth: Runt Wolfe"?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)