|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Cold War begin?
2. Who was the oldest son of Bernard and Rose Berg?
(a) Dr. Sam Berg.
(b) Dr. Robert Berg.
(c) Dr. Alex Berg.
(d) Dr. John Berg.
3. What consultant for the Arthur D. Little Company did Moe Berg meet in Boston in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Roy Spencer.
(b) Joseph Grew.
(c) Charles Owen.
(d) Harry Broley.
4. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Italians could not build an atomic bomb for what reason?
(a) The citizens were not behind them.
(b) The economic sanctions that were in place.
(c) They did not have adequate resources at their lab.
(d) Their scientists were not smart enough.
5. In late May, 1944, Moe flew from Casablanca to where?
6. When did the attack on Pearl Harbor take place?
(a) December 7, 1941.
(b) September 11, 1939.
(c) October 31, 1945.
(d) July 4, 1937.
7. What is a political term that refers to a country that is formally independent, but under heavy political and economic influence or control by another country?
(a) Pressured state.
(b) Associate state.
(c) Mirror state.
(d) Satellite state.
8. After his guest stint on a radio quiz show, who told Moe Berg, "Berg, in just thirty minutes you did more for baseball than I've done the entire time I've been commissioner"?
(a) Kenesaw Mountain Landis.
(b) Ford Frick.
(c) William Eckert.
(d) A. B. "Happy" Chandler, Sr.
9. Lise Meitner was a physicist in exile from where?
10. Shortly after leaving the SSU and settling in his brother's home, Moe learned that his business partner in a film and stationary business called what had gone bankrupt?
(a) Lithoprint Manufacturing Company.
(b) Cellomatic Manufacturing Company.
(c) Novelart Manufacturing Company.
(d) Imagine Manufacturing Company.
11. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," Moe made his way to England aboard what?
(a) A cruise ship.
(b) A fishing boat.
(c) A military transport plane.
(d) A fighter jet.
12. When did the United States join the fighting in World War II?
13. Moe's boss with the OSS instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory named what in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) The Ferrari Company.
(b) The Galileo Company.
(c) The Rinaldi Company.
(d) The DaVinci Company.
14. How many seasons did Moe Berg play with the Boston Red Sox?
15. When was Ted Williams born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What young aeronautical engineer was Moe Berg directed to talk into moving to the United States in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
2. What other regular radio quiz show guest and sports commentator said "Moe was the most scholarly professional athlete (I) ever knew"?
3. What expert sharpshooter was employed to kill Heisenberg, but at the last minute his mission was canceled in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
4. In Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," Moe Berg was sent to Zurich for a lecture by what physicist?
5. What old friend from the Franklin Institute did Moe Berg visit in Philadelphia in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)