|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Moe Berg picked up by the Boston Red Sox?
(a) June, 1934.
(b) April, 1935.
(c) August, 1930.
(d) May 1933.
2. In late May, 1944, Moe flew from Casablanca to where?
3. What did the OSS become after its dissolution in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) The USS.
(b) The SSU.
(c) The USO.
(d) The ASU.
4. Who did Moe Berg convince Lise Meitner to write a letter to while in Switzerland?
(a) Dr. Sam Berg.
(b) Cliff Bolton.
(c) Walther Bothe.
(d) Dr. Otto Hahn.
5. How many seasons did Moe Berg play with the Boston Red Sox?
6. What theoretical physicist informed Moe Berg that many physicists made routine visits to Switzerland for conferences and lectures in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Walther Bothe.
(b) Tony Calvert.
(c) Gian Carlo Wick.
(d) Robert Furman.
7. When did the Cold War begin?
8. How long was Dom DiMaggio's baseball career?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 10 months.
9. What is a phrase used to describe the communist states within the Soviet Union's sphere of influence or those countries that had centrally-planned economies?
(a) Third World.
(b) Second World.
(c) First World.
(d) Fourth World.
10. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that he should be concerned about a chemist named what?
(a) Roy Spencer.
(b) Walther Bothe.
(c) Charles Owen.
(d) Tony Calvert.
11. In Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar," Moe Berg became a regular at Princeton, arriving at the home of what old friend the night of the game and gaining an invitation to dinner and a place to stay for the night?
(a) W.J. Donovan.
(b) I.M. Levitt.
(c) P.H. Truman.
(d) H.P. Robertson.
12. Who was Moe Berg's driver in Italy in the summer of 1944?
(a) Walther Bothe.
(b) Paul Scherrer.
(c) Joseph Grew.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
13. What fellow OSS agent and friend did Moe Berg visit in Oklahoma in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Tony Calvert.
(b) Herb Hunter.
(c) Robert Furman.
(d) Joe Cronin.
14. What position did Moe Berg play for the Boston Red Sox?
(b) 1st base.
(d) Center field.
15. As a member of the OIAA, Moe began telling people in the OSS about his films of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dom DiMaggio's nickname?
2. What expert sharpshooter was employed to kill Heisenberg, but at the last minute his mission was canceled in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. Following World War II, Werner Heisenberg was appointed director of what institution?
4. What term, in its original usage, describes a competition between two or more parties for the best armed forces?
5. What Russian physicist developed a new method for liquefaction of air with a low-pressure cycle using a special high-efficiency expansion turbine in 1939?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)