|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Rome liberated in World War II?
(a) September 2, 1944.
(b) June 10, 1944.
(c) June 4, 1944.
(d) July 7, 1944.
2. What was a unique variety of fascism that incorporated biological racism and antisemitism during WWII?
3. What radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology advocates the creation of a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through indoctrination, physical education, and family policy including eugenics?
4. After his playing career ended, Moe Berg was a Red Sox coach in what years?
(a) 1948 and 1949.
(b) 1944 and 1945.
(c) 1938 and 1939.
(d) 1940 and 1941.
5. How many times was Moe Berg a guest appearance on a popular radio quiz show before never returning?
6. Who was Moe Berg's driver in Italy in the summer of 1944?
(a) Paul Scherrer.
(b) Aldo Icardi.
(c) Joseph Grew.
(d) Walther Bothe.
7. What did the OSS become after its dissolution in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) The ASU.
(b) The USO.
(c) The USS.
(d) The SSU.
8. Moe's boss with the OSS came to Italy and instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory where in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
9. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," it was discovered that Werner Heisenberg was to be in Switzerland in when to give a lecture?
(a) Mid September.
(b) Mid June.
(c) Early August.
(d) Late December.
10. Who was the wartime head of the OSS?
(a) Robert Furman.
(b) Harry Broley.
(c) Ted Lyons.
(d) William Joseph Donovan.
11. What term, in its original usage, describes a competition between two or more parties for the best armed forces?
(a) Arms race.
(b) Blasting dash.
(c) Weapons marathon.
(d) Sprint for bombs.
12. In Cleveland, Moe Berg stayed at the home of whom in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Friends of friends.
(b) Close friends.
(c) Distant cousins.
(d) His brother.
13. How much was Moe Berg stuck owing to the United States government for an unfulfilled contract after a film and stationary business went bankrupt in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
14. What old friend from the Franklin Institute did Moe Berg visit in Philadelphia in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) H.P. Robertson.
(b) G.C. Wick.
(c) I.M. Levitt.
(d) C.A. Dulles.
15. Who signed an executive order disbanding the OSS in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) President Harry Truman.
(b) President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) President John F. Kennedy.
(d) President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Short Answer Questions
1. AGARD was an agency of NATO that existed from 1952 to when?
2. How long was Dom DiMaggio's baseball career?
3. What is a war that results when opposing powers use third parties as substitutes for fighting each other directly?
4. What civil engineer during World War II was the chief of foreign intelligence for the Manhattan Engineer District directing espionage against the German nuclear energy project?
5. What theoretical physicist informed Moe Berg that many physicists made routine visits to Switzerland for conferences and lectures in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)