|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What President called for the formation of the OSS?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Harry S. Truman.
(d) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
2. What is a political term that refers to a country that is formally independent, but under heavy political and economic influence or control by another country?
(a) Satellite state.
(b) Pressured state.
(c) Mirror state.
(d) Associate state.
3. Shortly after leaving the SSU and settling in his brother's home, Moe learned that his business partner in a film and stationary business called what had gone bankrupt?
(a) Novelart Manufacturing Company.
(b) Imagine Manufacturing Company.
(c) Lithoprint Manufacturing Company.
(d) Cellomatic Manufacturing Company.
4. The OIAA courted Moe Berg in the spring of what year, often coming to him at the ballpark to discuss his possible role with them?
5. The U.S. government was deeply concerned that Werner Heisenberg would perfect what weapon before American scientists?
(a) The robot of doom.
(b) The space laser.
(c) The atomic bomb.
(d) The earthquake machine.
6. During what years was Nelson Rockefeller U.S. Vice President?
7. Who was the oldest son of Bernard and Rose Berg?
(a) Dr. Alex Berg.
(b) Dr. Sam Berg.
(c) Dr. Robert Berg.
(d) Dr. John Berg.
8. Who was the moderator of the radio quiz show which Moe Berg made guest appearances on in 1939?
(a) H.P. Robertson.
(b) Clifton Fadiman.
(c) Roy Spencer.
(d) John McGraw.
9. What term, in its original usage, describes a competition between two or more parties for the best armed forces?
(a) Arms race.
(b) Blasting dash.
(c) Sprint for bombs.
(d) Weapons marathon.
10. In New York, Moe enjoyed a friendship with what aeronautical engineer he met through Ferris in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Allen Dulles.
(b) Theodore Von Karman.
(c) Harry Broley.
(d) Walther Bothe.
11. Who was the wartime head of the OSS?
(a) Robert Furman.
(b) Ted Lyons.
(c) Harry Broley.
(d) William Joseph Donovan.
12. When did the CIA offer Moe Berg a contract in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
13. Who died nine days after Moe Berg joined the OIAA?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Bernard Berg.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Nelson D. Rockefeller.
14. How many times was Ted Williams an All-Star?
15. How much was Moe Berg stuck owing to the United States government for an unfulfilled contract after a film and stationary business went bankrupt in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Italians could not build an atomic bomb for what reason?
2. What was Dom DiMaggio's nickname?
3. Moe Berg arrived in Rome how long after it was liberated in 1944?
4. Who did Moe Berg convince Lise Meitner to write a letter to while in Switzerland?
5. What was a unique variety of fascism that incorporated biological racism and antisemitism during WWII?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)