|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In late 1944/early 1945, Moe Berg began reporting to the OSS office in Bern lead by whom?
(a) Allen Dulles.
(b) Tony Calvert.
(c) H.P. Robertson.
(d) Carl Eifler.
2. What radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology advocates the creation of a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through indoctrination, physical education, and family policy including eugenics?
3. Who was the first Italian scientist on Moe Berg's list to visit in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Edoardo Amaldi.
(b) Antonio Ferri.
(c) Aldo Icardi.
(d) Dr. Otto Hahn.
4. Who did Moe Berg convince Lise Meitner to write a letter to while in Switzerland?
(a) Dr. Sam Berg.
(b) Walther Bothe.
(c) Dr. Otto Hahn.
(d) Cliff Bolton.
5. When did Moe Berg first make his way to Italy on a mission for the U.S. Government?
6. What Russian physicist developed a new method for liquefaction of air with a low-pressure cycle using a special high-efficiency expansion turbine in 1939?
(a) Antonio Ferri.
(b) Pyotr Kapitsa.
(c) Theodore Von Karman.
(d) Clifton Fadiman.
7. Who was the moderator of the radio quiz show which Moe Berg made guest appearances on in 1939?
(a) Clifton Fadiman.
(b) H.P. Robertson.
(c) John McGraw.
(d) Roy Spencer.
8. Following World War II, Werner Heisenberg was appointed director of what institution?
(a) The Newtons School of Physics.
(b) The Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Physics.
(c) The Einstein Institute of Physics.
(d) The King Edward II Institute for Physics.
9. How many seasons did Moe Berg play with the Boston Red Sox?
10. Lise Meitner was a physicist in exile from where?
11. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Germans were how far from perfecting the science of the atomic bomb?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 245 days.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 4 years.
12. Moe's boss with the OSS came to Italy and instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory where in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
13. After his guest stint on a radio quiz show, who told Moe Berg, "Berg, in just thirty minutes you did more for baseball than I've done the entire time I've been commissioner"?
(a) Kenesaw Mountain Landis.
(b) A. B. "Happy" Chandler, Sr.
(c) William Eckert.
(d) Ford Frick.
14. What radio quiz show was Moe Berg a guest on in 1939?
(a) Know it all.
(b) Questions and answers.
(c) Tell me more.
(d) Information, Please!
15. Moe Berg was sent by the OSS in what year to see Lise Meitner in Switzerland?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a member of the OIAA, Moe began telling people in the OSS about his films of what?
2. Who was Moe Berg's Alsos's counterpart in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," it was discovered that Werner Heisenberg was to be in Switzerland in when to give a lecture?
4. The optical laboratory Moe Berg was directed to investigate in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy" was thought to be helping compress fissionable material for Germany's what?
5. What is a phrase used to describe the communist states within the Soviet Union's sphere of influence or those countries that had centrally-planned economies?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)