|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a political term that refers to a country that is formally independent, but under heavy political and economic influence or control by another country?
(a) Mirror state.
(b) Satellite state.
(c) Associate state.
(d) Pressured state.
2. Werner Heisenberg was awarded the 1932 Nobel Prize in Physics for his contributions to what?
(a) Quarter mechanics.
(b) Qualitative mechanics.
(c) Quantitative mechanics.
(d) Quantum mechanics.
3. The OIAA courted Moe Berg in the spring of what year, often coming to him at the ballpark to discuss his possible role with them?
4. What term, in its original usage, describes a competition between two or more parties for the best armed forces?
(a) Arms race.
(b) Blasting dash.
(c) Weapons marathon.
(d) Sprint for bombs.
5. During what years was Nelson Rockefeller U.S. Vice President?
6. Due to problems that the CIA had with Moe Berg's methods, his contract with them was not renewed in what year?
7. Under what U.S. President did Nelson Rockefeller serve as Vice President?
(a) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Gerald Ford.
8. What radio quiz show was Moe Berg a guest on in 1939?
(a) Tell me more.
(b) Know it all.
(c) Information, Please!
(d) Questions and answers.
9. What old friend from the Franklin Institute did Moe Berg visit in Philadelphia in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) G.C. Wick.
(b) I.M. Levitt.
(c) C.A. Dulles.
(d) H.P. Robertson.
10. What was the batting average of Ted Williams?
11. Moe Berg was sent by the OSS in what year to see Lise Meitner in Switzerland?
12. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," Moe made his way to England aboard what?
(a) A military transport plane.
(b) A fishing boat.
(c) A cruise ship.
(d) A fighter jet.
13. The U.S. government was deeply concerned that Werner Heisenberg would perfect what weapon before American scientists?
(a) The robot of doom.
(b) The earthquake machine.
(c) The atomic bomb.
(d) The space laser.
14. When did the attack on Pearl Harbor take place?
(a) July 4, 1937.
(b) September 11, 1939.
(c) December 7, 1941.
(d) October 31, 1945.
15. How many times was Ted Williams an All-Star?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many seasons did Moe Berg play with the Boston Red Sox?
2. When was Nelson Rockefeller born?
3. In late May, 1944, Moe flew from Casablanca to where?
4. Moe Berg arrived in Rome how long after it was liberated in 1944?
5. Shortly after leaving the SSU and settling in his brother's home, Moe learned that his business partner in a film and stationary business called what had gone bankrupt?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)