|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a war that results when opposing powers use third parties as substitutes for fighting each other directly?
(a) Proxy war.
(b) War of substitution.
(c) Partner war.
(d) War of subordinates.
2. What award did Moe Berg earn for his service in the OSS and refuse it?
(a) Medal of Freedom.
(b) Medal of Patriotism.
(c) Medal of Honor.
(d) Medal of Valor.
3. Who was the first Italian scientist on Moe Berg's list to visit in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Edoardo Amaldi.
(b) Aldo Icardi.
(c) Dr. Otto Hahn.
(d) Antonio Ferri.
4. Shortly after leaving the SSU and settling in his brother's home, Moe learned that his business partner in a film and stationary business called what had gone bankrupt?
(a) Novelart Manufacturing Company.
(b) Imagine Manufacturing Company.
(c) Cellomatic Manufacturing Company.
(d) Lithoprint Manufacturing Company.
5. Who did Moe Berg convince Lise Meitner to write a letter to while in Switzerland?
(a) Cliff Bolton.
(b) Dr. Otto Hahn.
(c) Dr. Sam Berg.
(d) Walther Bothe.
6. How many times was Ted Williams an All-Star?
7. Who signed an executive order disbanding the OSS in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) President Harry Truman.
(c) President John F. Kennedy.
(d) President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
8. When did the CIA offer Moe Berg a contract in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
9. In New York, Moe enjoyed a friendship with what aeronautical engineer he met through Ferris in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Allen Dulles.
(b) Harry Broley.
(c) Walther Bothe.
(d) Theodore Von Karman.
10. When did Moe Berg first make his way to Italy on a mission for the U.S. Government?
11. What fellow OSS agent and friend did Moe Berg visit in Oklahoma in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Joe Cronin.
(b) Robert Furman.
(c) Herb Hunter.
(d) Tony Calvert.
12. What physicist in Copenhagen was Moe Berg directed to meet with in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(c) Theodore Von Karman.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
13. When did the attack on Pearl Harbor take place?
(a) December 7, 1941.
(b) July 4, 1937.
(c) September 11, 1939.
(d) October 31, 1945.
14. What was a unique variety of fascism that incorporated biological racism and antisemitism during WWII?
15. Who was the oldest son of Bernard and Rose Berg?
(a) Dr. Robert Berg.
(b) Dr. John Berg.
(c) Dr. Sam Berg.
(d) Dr. Alex Berg.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Moe Berg joined the OIAA he left behind a baseball career that had lasted how many years?
2. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Germans were how far from perfecting the science of the atomic bomb?
3. When did the United States join the fighting in World War II?
4. What Russian physicist developed a new method for liquefaction of air with a low-pressure cycle using a special high-efficiency expansion turbine in 1939?
5. After World War II began to resolve itself, Moe Berg was sent home and arrived in Newark on what date?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)