|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following World War II, Werner Heisenberg was appointed director of what institution?
(a) The Newtons School of Physics.
(b) The Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Physics.
(c) The King Edward II Institute for Physics.
(d) The Einstein Institute of Physics.
2. How much was Moe Berg stuck owing to the United States government for an unfulfilled contract after a film and stationary business went bankrupt in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
3. Under what U.S. President did Nelson Rockefeller serve as Vice President?
(a) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Richard Nixon.
4. AGARD was an agency of NATO that existed from 1952 to when?
5. As a member of the OIAA, Moe began telling people in the OSS about his films of what?
6. When was Rome liberated in World War II?
(a) June 4, 1944.
(b) September 2, 1944.
(c) July 7, 1944.
(d) June 10, 1944.
7. In late May, 1944, Moe flew from Casablanca to where?
8. What does MVP stand for?
(a) Main Valuable Player.
(b) Most Valuable Player.
(c) Many Varied Players.
(d) Most Varied Position.
9. What young aeronautical engineer was Moe Berg directed to talk into moving to the United States in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) I.M. Levitt.
(b) Antonio Ferri.
(c) Aldo Icardi.
(d) Cliff Bolton.
10. Werner Heisenberg was awarded the 1932 Nobel Prize in Physics for his contributions to what?
(a) Qualitative mechanics.
(b) Quantum mechanics.
(c) Quarter mechanics.
(d) Quantitative mechanics.
11. What is a phrase used to describe the communist states within the Soviet Union's sphere of influence or those countries that had centrally-planned economies?
(a) First World.
(b) Third World.
(c) Second World.
(d) Fourth World.
12. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Germans were how far from perfecting the science of the atomic bomb?
(a) 245 days.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 10 years.
13. What award did Moe Berg earn for his service in the OSS and refuse it?
(a) Medal of Freedom.
(b) Medal of Patriotism.
(c) Medal of Honor.
(d) Medal of Valor.
14. What was the batting average of Ted Williams?
15. When was Ted Williams born?
Short Answer Questions
1. After visiting with Meitner, Moe was sent on a tour of the United States with who in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
2. What was a unique variety of fascism that incorporated biological racism and antisemitism during WWII?
3. Who was Moe Berg's Alsos's counterpart in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
4. In Cleveland, Moe Berg stayed at the home of whom in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
5. What term, in its original usage, describes a competition between two or more parties for the best armed forces?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)