|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following World War II, Werner Heisenberg was appointed director of what institution?
(a) The Einstein Institute of Physics.
(b) The Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Physics.
(c) The Newtons School of Physics.
(d) The King Edward II Institute for Physics.
2. Moe Berg arrived in Rome how long after it was liberated in 1944?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 days.
3. In late May, 1944, Moe flew from Casablanca to where?
4. Who was the wartime head of the OSS?
(a) Harry Broley.
(b) William Joseph Donovan.
(c) Ted Lyons.
(d) Robert Furman.
5. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," Moe made his way to England aboard what?
(a) A fighter jet.
(b) A military transport plane.
(c) A fishing boat.
(d) A cruise ship.
6. When did the attack on Pearl Harbor take place?
(a) September 11, 1939.
(b) October 31, 1945.
(c) December 7, 1941.
(d) July 4, 1937.
7. What old friend from the Franklin Institute did Moe Berg visit in Philadelphia in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) H.P. Robertson.
(b) G.C. Wick.
(c) C.A. Dulles.
(d) I.M. Levitt.
8. Who was Moe Berg's Alsos's counterpart in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Rose Tashke.
(b) Edoardo Amaldi.
(c) Colonel Boris Pash.
(d) Clifton Fadiman.
9. When the OSS was formed, it was styled after what intelligence operation in England?
10. Moe Berg was sent by the OSS in what year to see Lise Meitner in Switzerland?
11. After his playing career ended, Moe Berg was a Red Sox coach in what years?
(a) 1938 and 1939.
(b) 1944 and 1945.
(c) 1940 and 1941.
(d) 1948 and 1949.
12. Moe's boss with the OSS came to Italy and instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory where in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
13. What did the OSS become after its dissolution in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) The USS.
(b) The ASU.
(c) The USO.
(d) The SSU.
14. What was Dom DiMaggio's nickname?
(a) "The Little Professor."
(b) "The Hulk."
(c) "The Doctor."
(d) "The Big Man."
15. The optical laboratory Moe Berg was directed to investigate in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy" was thought to be helping compress fissionable material for Germany's what?
(a) Plutonium bombs.
(b) Nuclear bombs.
(c) Atomic bombs.
(d) Dirty bombs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physicist in Copenhagen was Moe Berg directed to meet with in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
2. As a member of the OIAA, Moe began telling people in the OSS about his films of what?
3. When was Ted Williams born?
4. How many times was Ted Williams an All-Star?
5. After his guest stint on a radio quiz show, who told Moe Berg, "Berg, in just thirty minutes you did more for baseball than I've done the entire time I've been commissioner"?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)