|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the OSS was formed, it was styled after what intelligence operation in England?
2. After his assignment involving Heisenberg ended, Moe Berg was introduced to what director of the Physics Institute at the Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule in Zurich?
(a) William Joseph Donovan.
(b) Dr. Otto Hahn.
(c) Theodore Von Karman.
(d) Paul Scherrer.
3. When did the Cold War begin?
4. In his time playing for the Boston Red Sox, Moe Berg averaged fewer than how many games per season?
5. Who was Moe Berg's Alsos's counterpart in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Edoardo Amaldi.
(b) Colonel Boris Pash.
(c) Rose Tashke.
(d) Clifton Fadiman.
6. When did the United States join the fighting in World War II?
7. Who was the wartime head of the OSS?
(a) Ted Lyons.
(b) Robert Furman.
(c) William Joseph Donovan.
(d) Harry Broley.
8. How many times was Moe Berg a guest appearance on a popular radio quiz show before never returning?
9. When did the CIA offer Moe Berg a contract in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
10. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that he should be concerned about a chemist named what?
(a) Walther Bothe.
(b) Roy Spencer.
(c) Tony Calvert.
(d) Charles Owen.
11. What radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology advocates the creation of a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through indoctrination, physical education, and family policy including eugenics?
12. Following World War II, Werner Heisenberg was appointed director of what institution?
(a) The Einstein Institute of Physics.
(b) The Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Physics.
(c) The Newtons School of Physics.
(d) The King Edward II Institute for Physics.
13. What does MVP stand for?
(a) Most Varied Position.
(b) Many Varied Players.
(c) Main Valuable Player.
(d) Most Valuable Player.
14. Who was Moe Berg's driver in Italy in the summer of 1944?
(a) Joseph Grew.
(b) Paul Scherrer.
(c) Walther Bothe.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
15. What physicist in Copenhagen was Moe Berg directed to meet with in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) Theodore Von Karman.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a member of the OIAA, Moe began telling people in the OSS about his films of what?
2. How many times was Ted Williams an All-Star?
3. What is a phrase used to describe the communist states within the Soviet Union's sphere of influence or those countries that had centrally-planned economies?
4. What Russian physicist developed a new method for liquefaction of air with a low-pressure cycle using a special high-efficiency expansion turbine in 1939?
5. How much was Moe Berg stuck owing to the United States government for an unfulfilled contract after a film and stationary business went bankrupt in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)