|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What young aeronautical engineer was Moe Berg directed to talk into moving to the United States in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Antonio Ferri.
(b) I.M. Levitt.
(c) Aldo Icardi.
(d) Cliff Bolton.
2. When Moe Berg joined the OIAA he left behind a baseball career that had lasted how many years?
3. When did the United States join the fighting in World War II?
4. When was Moe Berg picked up by the Boston Red Sox?
(a) May 1933.
(b) August, 1930.
(c) June, 1934.
(d) April, 1935.
5. The U.S. government was deeply concerned that Werner Heisenberg would perfect what weapon before American scientists?
(a) The robot of doom.
(b) The atomic bomb.
(c) The space laser.
(d) The earthquake machine.
6. During what years was Nelson Rockefeller U.S. Vice President?
7. Moe's boss with the OSS instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory named what in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) The Galileo Company.
(b) The DaVinci Company.
(c) The Rinaldi Company.
(d) The Ferrari Company.
8. In Cleveland, Moe Berg stayed at the home of whom in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Friends of friends.
(b) Close friends.
(c) His brother.
(d) Distant cousins.
9. When was Werner Heisenberg born?
10. What other regular radio quiz show guest and sports commentator said "Moe was the most scholarly professional athlete (I) ever knew"?
(a) John Kieran.
(b) William Donovan.
(c) Antonio Ferri.
(d) Niels Bohr.
11. What was Dom DiMaggio's nickname?
(a) "The Hulk."
(b) "The Little Professor."
(c) "The Big Man."
(d) "The Doctor."
12. Lise Meitner was a physicist in exile from where?
13. Ted Williams played his entire 21-year Major League Baseball career as what position for the Red Sox?
(a) Left fielder.
(b) Center fielder.
(c) 3rd baseman.
(d) 1st baseman.
14. What Russian physicist developed a new method for liquefaction of air with a low-pressure cycle using a special high-efficiency expansion turbine in 1939?
(a) Antonio Ferri.
(b) Clifton Fadiman.
(c) Theodore Von Karman.
(d) Pyotr Kapitsa.
15. What fellow OSS agent and friend did Moe Berg visit in Oklahoma in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Robert Furman.
(b) Herb Hunter.
(c) Tony Calvert.
(d) Joe Cronin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his time playing for the Boston Red Sox, Moe Berg averaged fewer than how many games per season?
2. What theoretical physicist informed Moe Berg that many physicists made routine visits to Switzerland for conferences and lectures in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. After his guest stint on a radio quiz show, who told Moe Berg, "Berg, in just thirty minutes you did more for baseball than I've done the entire time I've been commissioner"?
4. What position did Moe Berg play for the Boston Red Sox?
5. What consultant for the Arthur D. Little Company did Moe Berg meet in Boston in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)