|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What manager of the Red Sox asked Moe Berg to become a coach for the team?
(a) Joe Cronin.
(b) John Kieran.
(c) Lefty O'Doul.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
2. What was a unique variety of fascism that incorporated biological racism and antisemitism during WWII?
3. After his playing career ended, Moe Berg was a Red Sox coach in what years?
(a) 1938 and 1939.
(b) 1940 and 1941.
(c) 1948 and 1949.
(d) 1944 and 1945.
4. When was Werner Heisenberg born?
5. When did the Cold War begin?
6. When the OSS was formed, it was styled after what intelligence operation in England?
7. Under what U.S. President did Nelson Rockefeller serve as Vice President?
(a) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Gerald Ford.
8. What young aeronautical engineer was Moe Berg directed to talk into moving to the United States in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Antonio Ferri.
(b) I.M. Levitt.
(c) Cliff Bolton.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
9. As a member of the OIAA, Moe began telling people in the OSS about his films of what?
10. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Germans were how far from perfecting the science of the atomic bomb?
(a) 10 weeks.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 245 days.
11. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that he should be concerned about a chemist named what?
(a) Charles Owen.
(b) Roy Spencer.
(c) Tony Calvert.
(d) Walther Bothe.
12. The OIAA courted Moe Berg in the spring of what year, often coming to him at the ballpark to discuss his possible role with them?
13. AGARD was an agency of NATO that existed from 1952 to when?
14. Following World War II, Werner Heisenberg was appointed director of what institution?
(a) The Einstein Institute of Physics.
(b) The Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Physics.
(c) The King Edward II Institute for Physics.
(d) The Newtons School of Physics.
15. Moe Berg arrived in Rome how long after it was liberated in 1944?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Moe Berg joined the OIAA he left behind a baseball career that had lasted how many years?
2. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," it was discovered that Werner Heisenberg was to be in Switzerland in when to give a lecture?
3. The U.S. government was deeply concerned that Werner Heisenberg would perfect what weapon before American scientists?
4. What was Dom DiMaggio's nickname?
5. Due to problems that the CIA had with Moe Berg's methods, his contract with them was not renewed in what year?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)