|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar," Moe Berg became a regular at Princeton, arriving at the home of what old friend the night of the game and gaining an invitation to dinner and a place to stay for the night?
(a) W.J. Donovan.
(b) P.H. Truman.
(c) H.P. Robertson.
(d) I.M. Levitt.
2. What position did Moe Berg play for the Boston Red Sox?
(b) 1st base.
(d) Center field.
3. In Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," Moe Berg was sent to Zurich for a lecture by what physicist?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Dr. Otto Hahn.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
4. When did the United States join the fighting in World War II?
5. Due to problems that the CIA had with Moe Berg's methods, his contract with them was not renewed in what year?
6. After his guest stint on a radio quiz show, who told Moe Berg, "Berg, in just thirty minutes you did more for baseball than I've done the entire time I've been commissioner"?
(a) Kenesaw Mountain Landis.
(b) Ford Frick.
(c) William Eckert.
(d) A. B. "Happy" Chandler, Sr.
7. What old friend from the Franklin Institute did Moe Berg visit in Philadelphia in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) G.C. Wick.
(b) H.P. Robertson.
(c) C.A. Dulles.
(d) I.M. Levitt.
8. What does MVP stand for?
(a) Most Varied Position.
(b) Most Valuable Player.
(c) Main Valuable Player.
(d) Many Varied Players.
9. In New York, Moe enjoyed a friendship with what aeronautical engineer he met through Ferris in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Harry Broley.
(b) Walther Bothe.
(c) Allen Dulles.
(d) Theodore Von Karman.
10. AGARD was an agency of NATO that existed from 1952 to when?
11. What was the name of the mission Moe Berg was assigned to with the objective of encouraging Italian scientists to come to America?
12. When did Moe Berg die?
(a) May 13, 1981.
(b) September 24, 1967.
(c) August 3, 1979.
(d) May 29, 1972.
13. What radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology advocates the creation of a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through indoctrination, physical education, and family policy including eugenics?
14. When did the Cold War begin?
15. Who was the first Italian scientist on Moe Berg's list to visit in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Dr. Otto Hahn.
(b) Aldo Icardi.
(c) Edoardo Amaldi.
(d) Antonio Ferri.
Short Answer Questions
1. What consultant for the Arthur D. Little Company did Moe Berg meet in Boston in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
2. Moe Berg arrived in Rome how long after it was liberated in 1944?
3. During what years was Nelson Rockefeller U.S. Vice President?
4. Who was the oldest son of Bernard and Rose Berg?
5. In Cleveland, Moe Berg stayed at the home of whom in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)