|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Italians could not build an atomic bomb for what reason?
(a) The citizens were not behind them.
(b) The economic sanctions that were in place.
(c) They did not have adequate resources at their lab.
(d) Their scientists were not smart enough.
2. What position did Moe Berg play for the Boston Red Sox?
(a) Center field.
(d) 1st base.
3. Who was Moe Berg's Alsos's counterpart in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Colonel Boris Pash.
(b) Edoardo Amaldi.
(c) Rose Tashke.
(d) Clifton Fadiman.
4. What civil engineer during World War II was the chief of foreign intelligence for the Manhattan Engineer District directing espionage against the German nuclear energy project?
(a) Allan Siegal.
(b) Harry Broley.
(c) Robert Furman.
(d) Ted Lyons.
5. What award did Moe Berg earn for his service in the OSS and refuse it?
(a) Medal of Freedom.
(b) Medal of Honor.
(c) Medal of Patriotism.
(d) Medal of Valor.
6. How many times was Moe Berg a guest appearance on a popular radio quiz show before never returning?
7. When did the CIA offer Moe Berg a contract in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
8. Ted Williams played his entire 21-year Major League Baseball career as what position for the Red Sox?
(a) 1st baseman.
(b) 3rd baseman.
(c) Left fielder.
(d) Center fielder.
9. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," it was discovered that Werner Heisenberg was to be in Switzerland in when to give a lecture?
(a) Early August.
(b) Mid June.
(c) Late December.
(d) Mid September.
10. The U.S. government was deeply concerned that Werner Heisenberg would perfect what weapon before American scientists?
(a) The atomic bomb.
(b) The earthquake machine.
(c) The robot of doom.
(d) The space laser.
11. In late May, 1944, Moe flew from Casablanca to where?
12. During what years was Nelson Rockefeller U.S. Vice President?
13. What was the batting average of Ted Williams?
14. When did Moe Berg die?
(a) September 24, 1967.
(b) May 29, 1972.
(c) August 3, 1979.
(d) May 13, 1981.
15. As a member of the OIAA, Moe began telling people in the OSS about his films of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The OIAA courted Moe Berg in the spring of what year, often coming to him at the ballpark to discuss his possible role with them?
2. In Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," Moe Berg was sent to Zurich for a lecture by what physicist?
3. What radio quiz show was Moe Berg a guest on in 1939?
4. Moe Berg was sent by the OSS in what year to see Lise Meitner in Switzerland?
5. When was Werner Heisenberg born?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)