|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moe's boss with the OSS instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory named what in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) The Galileo Company.
(b) The DaVinci Company.
(c) The Ferrari Company.
(d) The Rinaldi Company.
2. How much was Moe Berg stuck owing to the United States government for an unfulfilled contract after a film and stationary business went bankrupt in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
3. Who did Moe Berg convince Lise Meitner to write a letter to while in Switzerland?
(a) Walther Bothe.
(b) Dr. Otto Hahn.
(c) Cliff Bolton.
(d) Dr. Sam Berg.
4. What was Moe Berg given to commit suicide with after he assassinated Werner Heisenberg?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A razor blade.
(d) A cyanide tablet.
5. Who was the moderator of the radio quiz show which Moe Berg made guest appearances on in 1939?
(a) John McGraw.
(b) H.P. Robertson.
(c) Roy Spencer.
(d) Clifton Fadiman.
6. When did the United States join the fighting in World War II?
7. What consultant for the Arthur D. Little Company did Moe Berg meet in Boston in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Harry Broley.
(b) Roy Spencer.
(c) Joseph Grew.
(d) Charles Owen.
8. What is a war that results when opposing powers use third parties as substitutes for fighting each other directly?
(a) War of substitution.
(b) War of subordinates.
(c) Partner war.
(d) Proxy war.
9. Following World War II, Werner Heisenberg was appointed director of what institution?
(a) The Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Physics.
(b) The Einstein Institute of Physics.
(c) The Newtons School of Physics.
(d) The King Edward II Institute for Physics.
10. When was Rome liberated in World War II?
(a) June 4, 1944.
(b) July 7, 1944.
(c) June 10, 1944.
(d) September 2, 1944.
11. What manager of the Red Sox asked Moe Berg to become a coach for the team?
(a) John Kieran.
(b) Aldo Icardi.
(c) Lefty O'Doul.
(d) Joe Cronin.
12. What was the batting average of Ted Williams?
13. In Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," Moe Berg was sent to Zurich for a lecture by what physicist?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(c) Aldo Icardi.
(d) Dr. Otto Hahn.
14. In New York, Moe enjoyed a friendship with what aeronautical engineer he met through Ferris in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Allen Dulles.
(b) Harry Broley.
(c) Theodore Von Karman.
(d) Walther Bothe.
15. What physicist in Copenhagen was Moe Berg directed to meet with in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) Aldo Icardi.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(d) Theodore Von Karman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only woman Moe ever had a successful relationship with?
2. What was a unique variety of fascism that incorporated biological racism and antisemitism during WWII?
3. When Moe Berg joined the OIAA he left behind a baseball career that had lasted how many years?
4. Lise Meitner was a physicist in exile from where?
5. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," Moe made his way to England aboard what?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)