|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theoretical physicist informed Moe Berg that many physicists made routine visits to Switzerland for conferences and lectures in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Walther Bothe.
(b) Tony Calvert.
(c) Robert Furman.
(d) Gian Carlo Wick.
2. What was a unique variety of fascism that incorporated biological racism and antisemitism during WWII?
3. When was Rome liberated in World War II?
(a) June 4, 1944.
(b) September 2, 1944.
(c) July 7, 1944.
(d) June 10, 1944.
4. Moe's boss with the OSS came to Italy and instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory where in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
5. What radio quiz show was Moe Berg a guest on in 1939?
(a) Questions and answers.
(b) Know it all.
(c) Tell me more.
(d) Information, Please!
6. Due to problems that the CIA had with Moe Berg's methods, his contract with them was not renewed in what year?
7. In Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," Moe Berg was sent to Zurich for a lecture by what physicist?
(b) Dr. Otto Hahn.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
8. Moe Berg arrived in Rome how long after it was liberated in 1944?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 1 week.
9. When was Nelson Rockefeller born?
(a) July 8, 1908.
(b) August 28, 1911.
(c) December 16, 1898.
(d) May 2, 1905.
10. In late May, 1944, Moe flew from Casablanca to where?
11. As a member of the OIAA, Moe began telling people in the OSS about his films of what?
12. How many times was Moe Berg a guest appearance on a popular radio quiz show before never returning?
13. What President called for the formation of the OSS?
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) Herbert Hoover.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Harry S. Truman.
14. In Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar," Moe Berg became a regular at Princeton, arriving at the home of what old friend the night of the game and gaining an invitation to dinner and a place to stay for the night?
(a) H.P. Robertson.
(b) W.J. Donovan.
(c) P.H. Truman.
(d) I.M. Levitt.
15. The OIAA courted Moe Berg in the spring of what year, often coming to him at the ballpark to discuss his possible role with them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Moe Berg convince Lise Meitner to write a letter to while in Switzerland?
2. Under what U.S. President did Nelson Rockefeller serve as Vice President?
3. What term, in its original usage, describes a competition between two or more parties for the best armed forces?
4. What does MVP stand for?
5. Who was Moe Berg's Alsos's counterpart in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)