|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," Moe made his way to England aboard what?
(a) A military transport plane.
(b) A fighter jet.
(c) A cruise ship.
(d) A fishing boat.
2. What award did Moe Berg earn for his service in the OSS and refuse it?
(a) Medal of Freedom.
(b) Medal of Honor.
(c) Medal of Patriotism.
(d) Medal of Valor.
3. What consultant for the Arthur D. Little Company did Moe Berg meet in Boston in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Roy Spencer.
(b) Harry Broley.
(c) Joseph Grew.
(d) Charles Owen.
4. Who died nine days after Moe Berg joined the OIAA?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Bernard Berg.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Nelson D. Rockefeller.
5. Werner Heisenberg was awarded the 1932 Nobel Prize in Physics for his contributions to what?
(a) Quarter mechanics.
(b) Qualitative mechanics.
(c) Quantitative mechanics.
(d) Quantum mechanics.
6. Who was the wartime head of the OSS?
(a) Robert Furman.
(b) William Joseph Donovan.
(c) Harry Broley.
(d) Ted Lyons.
7. After the dissolution of the OSS, two of Moe's beloved supervisors, including who, resigned and planned to return to practicing law?
(a) William Donovan.
(b) John McGraw.
(c) Roy Spencer.
(d) John Kieran.
8. What old friend from the Franklin Institute did Moe Berg visit in Philadelphia in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) I.M. Levitt.
(b) G.C. Wick.
(c) H.P. Robertson.
(d) C.A. Dulles.
9. Moe Berg was sent by the OSS in what year to see Lise Meitner in Switzerland?
10. How much was Moe Berg stuck owing to the United States government for an unfulfilled contract after a film and stationary business went bankrupt in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
11. When was Moe Berg picked up by the Boston Red Sox?
(a) June, 1934.
(b) May 1933.
(c) August, 1930.
(d) April, 1935.
12. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," it was discovered that Werner Heisenberg was to be in Switzerland in when to give a lecture?
(a) Late December.
(b) Mid June.
(c) Mid September.
(d) Early August.
13. What was a unique variety of fascism that incorporated biological racism and antisemitism during WWII?
14. Following World War II, Werner Heisenberg was appointed director of what institution?
(a) The Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Physics.
(b) The Einstein Institute of Physics.
(c) The King Edward II Institute for Physics.
(d) The Newtons School of Physics.
15. Moe's boss with the OSS instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory named what in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) The Ferrari Company.
(b) The Galileo Company.
(c) The Rinaldi Company.
(d) The DaVinci Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the attack on Pearl Harbor take place?
2. How many times was Ted Williams an All-Star?
3. The optical laboratory Moe Berg was directed to investigate in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy" was thought to be helping compress fissionable material for Germany's what?
4. What manager of the Red Sox asked Moe Berg to become a coach for the team?
5. What Russian physicist developed a new method for liquefaction of air with a low-pressure cycle using a special high-efficiency expansion turbine in 1939?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)