|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his guest stint on a radio quiz show, who told Moe Berg, "Berg, in just thirty minutes you did more for baseball than I've done the entire time I've been commissioner"?
(a) Kenesaw Mountain Landis.
(b) Ford Frick.
(c) William Eckert.
(d) A. B. "Happy" Chandler, Sr.
2. Who signed an executive order disbanding the OSS in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) President John F. Kennedy.
(b) President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) President Harry Truman.
3. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Germans were how far from perfecting the science of the atomic bomb?
(a) 245 days.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. What expert sharpshooter was employed to kill Heisenberg, but at the last minute his mission was canceled in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Gian Carlo Wick.
(b) Clifton Fadiman.
(c) Aldo Icardi.
(d) Carl Eifler.
5. Moe's boss with the OSS came to Italy and instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory where in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
6. What was the batting average of Ted Williams?
7. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," it was discovered that Werner Heisenberg was to be in Switzerland in when to give a lecture?
(a) Late December.
(b) Mid September.
(c) Early August.
(d) Mid June.
8. What fellow OSS agent and friend did Moe Berg visit in Oklahoma in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Tony Calvert.
(b) Robert Furman.
(c) Joe Cronin.
(d) Herb Hunter.
9. Who died nine days after Moe Berg joined the OIAA?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Bernard Berg.
(c) Nelson D. Rockefeller.
(d) Niels Bohr.
10. Under what U.S. President did Nelson Rockefeller serve as Vice President?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Gerald Ford.
11. Who was the first Italian scientist on Moe Berg's list to visit in Rome in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Edoardo Amaldi.
(b) Aldo Icardi.
(c) Dr. Otto Hahn.
(d) Antonio Ferri.
12. What consultant for the Arthur D. Little Company did Moe Berg meet in Boston in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Harry Broley.
(b) Joseph Grew.
(c) Roy Spencer.
(d) Charles Owen.
13. What was Dom DiMaggio's nickname?
(a) "The Little Professor."
(b) "The Doctor."
(c) "The Big Man."
(d) "The Hulk."
14. Werner Heisenberg was awarded the 1932 Nobel Prize in Physics for his contributions to what?
(a) Quantitative mechanics.
(b) Quantum mechanics.
(c) Quarter mechanics.
(d) Qualitative mechanics.
15. What radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology advocates the creation of a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through indoctrination, physical education, and family policy including eugenics?
Short Answer Questions
1. In New York, Moe enjoyed a friendship with what aeronautical engineer he met through Ferris in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
2. What President called for the formation of the OSS?
3. What term, in its original usage, describes a competition between two or more parties for the best armed forces?
4. Moe Berg arrived in Rome how long after it was liberated in 1944?
5. How many seasons did Moe Berg play with the Boston Red Sox?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)