|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the OSS was formed, it was styled after what intelligence operation in England?
2. What was the batting average of Ted Williams?
3. After visiting with Meitner, Moe was sent on a tour of the United States with who in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) Allan Siegal.
(b) Edoardo Amaldi.
(c) Paul Scherrer.
(d) Herb Hunter.
4. During what years was Nelson Rockefeller U.S. Vice President?
5. In late May, 1944, Moe flew from Casablanca to where?
6. When did Moe Berg die?
(a) May 13, 1981.
(b) September 24, 1967.
(c) August 3, 1979.
(d) May 29, 1972.
7. When was Ted Williams born?
8. Who was Moe Berg's driver in Italy in the summer of 1944?
(a) Paul Scherrer.
(b) Joseph Grew.
(c) Aldo Icardi.
(d) Walther Bothe.
9. Due to problems that the CIA had with Moe Berg's methods, his contract with them was not renewed in what year?
10. What manager of the Red Sox asked Moe Berg to become a coach for the team?
(a) John Kieran.
(b) Aldo Icardi.
(c) Lefty O'Doul.
(d) Joe Cronin.
11. What was Dom DiMaggio's nickname?
(a) "The Big Man."
(b) "The Hulk."
(c) "The Little Professor."
(d) "The Doctor."
12. After his playing career ended, Moe Berg was a Red Sox coach in what years?
(a) 1944 and 1945.
(b) 1938 and 1939.
(c) 1940 and 1941.
(d) 1948 and 1949.
13. How much was Moe Berg stuck owing to the United States government for an unfulfilled contract after a film and stationary business went bankrupt in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
14. What fellow OSS agent and friend did Moe Berg visit in Oklahoma in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Robert Furman.
(b) Herb Hunter.
(c) Joe Cronin.
(d) Tony Calvert.
15. In Chapter 12, "Always Good Company," Moe Berg was sent to Zurich for a lecture by what physicist?
(a) Dr. Otto Hahn.
(b) Aldo Icardi.
(c) Niels Bohr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Russian physicist developed a new method for liquefaction of air with a low-pressure cycle using a special high-efficiency expansion turbine in 1939?
2. Who was the wartime head of the OSS?
3. Moe's boss with the OSS came to Italy and instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory where in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
4. What was the name of the mission Moe Berg was assigned to with the objective of encouraging Italian scientists to come to America?
5. Who was the oldest son of Bernard and Rose Berg?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)