|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who signed an executive order disbanding the OSS in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) President John F. Kennedy.
(b) President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(c) President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) President Harry Truman.
2. What young aeronautical engineer was Moe Berg directed to talk into moving to the United States in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) I.M. Levitt.
(b) Cliff Bolton.
(c) Antonio Ferri.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
3. Moe's boss with the OSS instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory named what in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) The Galileo Company.
(b) The Ferrari Company.
(c) The DaVinci Company.
(d) The Rinaldi Company.
4. Who was the moderator of the radio quiz show which Moe Berg made guest appearances on in 1939?
(a) Clifton Fadiman.
(b) John McGraw.
(c) H.P. Robertson.
(d) Roy Spencer.
5. In late May, 1944, Moe flew from Casablanca to where?
6. Lise Meitner was a physicist in exile from where?
7. Who did Moe Berg convince Lise Meitner to write a letter to while in Switzerland?
(a) Cliff Bolton.
(b) Dr. Otto Hahn.
(c) Walther Bothe.
(d) Dr. Sam Berg.
8. Ted Williams played his entire 21-year Major League Baseball career as what position for the Red Sox?
(a) Left fielder.
(b) 1st baseman.
(c) 3rd baseman.
(d) Center fielder.
9. Who was the wartime head of the OSS?
(a) Ted Lyons.
(b) Harry Broley.
(c) Robert Furman.
(d) William Joseph Donovan.
10. What civil engineer during World War II was the chief of foreign intelligence for the Manhattan Engineer District directing espionage against the German nuclear energy project?
(a) Robert Furman.
(b) Ted Lyons.
(c) Harry Broley.
(d) Allan Siegal.
11. Due to problems that the CIA had with Moe Berg's methods, his contract with them was not renewed in what year?
12. As a member of the OIAA, Moe began telling people in the OSS about his films of what?
13. What was the name of the mission Moe Berg was assigned to with the objective of encouraging Italian scientists to come to America?
14. What consultant for the Arthur D. Little Company did Moe Berg meet in Boston in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Roy Spencer.
(b) Charles Owen.
(c) Harry Broley.
(d) Joseph Grew.
15. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," it was discovered that Werner Heisenberg was to be in Switzerland in when to give a lecture?
(a) Mid September.
(b) Late December.
(c) Mid June.
(d) Early August.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Werner Heisenberg born?
2. When did Moe Berg first make his way to Italy on a mission for the U.S. Government?
3. In Cleveland, Moe Berg stayed at the home of whom in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
4. Who was Moe Berg's driver in Italy in the summer of 1944?
5. The optical laboratory Moe Berg was directed to investigate in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy" was thought to be helping compress fissionable material for Germany's what?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)