|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What radio quiz show was Moe Berg a guest on in 1939?
(a) Information, Please!
(b) Tell me more.
(c) Questions and answers.
(d) Know it all.
2. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," it was discovered that Werner Heisenberg was to be in Switzerland in when to give a lecture?
(a) Mid September.
(b) Late December.
(c) Early August.
(d) Mid June.
3. When did the Cold War begin?
4. How many seasons did Moe Berg play with the Boston Red Sox?
5. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Germans were how far from perfecting the science of the atomic bomb?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 245 days.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 4 years.
6. What position did Moe Berg play for the Boston Red Sox?
(c) Center field.
(d) 1st base.
7. What is a phrase used to describe the communist states within the Soviet Union's sphere of influence or those countries that had centrally-planned economies?
(a) Fourth World.
(b) First World.
(c) Third World.
(d) Second World.
8. What fellow OSS agent and friend did Moe Berg visit in Oklahoma in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
(a) Robert Furman.
(b) Herb Hunter.
(c) Tony Calvert.
(d) Joe Cronin.
9. What radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology advocates the creation of a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through indoctrination, physical education, and family policy including eugenics?
10. Shortly after leaving the SSU and settling in his brother's home, Moe learned that his business partner in a film and stationary business called what had gone bankrupt?
(a) Imagine Manufacturing Company.
(b) Cellomatic Manufacturing Company.
(c) Lithoprint Manufacturing Company.
(d) Novelart Manufacturing Company.
11. How long was Dom DiMaggio's baseball career?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 11 years.
12. Who did Moe Berg convince Lise Meitner to write a letter to while in Switzerland?
(a) Walther Bothe.
(b) Cliff Bolton.
(c) Dr. Otto Hahn.
(d) Dr. Sam Berg.
13. When did Moe Berg die?
(a) September 24, 1967.
(b) May 13, 1981.
(c) May 29, 1972.
(d) August 3, 1979.
14. Moe Berg was sent by the OSS in what year to see Lise Meitner in Switzerland?
15. When was Nelson Rockefeller born?
(a) July 8, 1908.
(b) May 2, 1905.
(c) December 16, 1898.
(d) August 28, 1911.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Ted Williams born?
2. Who was Moe Berg's Alsos's counterpart in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
3. What physicist in Copenhagen was Moe Berg directed to meet with in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
4. In late May, 1944, Moe flew from Casablanca to where?
5. What President called for the formation of the OSS?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)