Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the OSS become after its dissolution in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) The ASU.
(b) The SSU.
(c) The USS.
(d) The USO.
2. When did the United States join the fighting in World War II?
3. Who was Moe Berg's driver in Italy in the summer of 1944?
(a) Joseph Grew.
(b) Walther Bothe.
(c) Aldo Icardi.
(d) Paul Scherrer.
4. Who did Moe Berg convince Lise Meitner to write a letter to while in Switzerland?
(a) Walther Bothe.
(b) Dr. Otto Hahn.
(c) Cliff Bolton.
(d) Dr. Sam Berg.
5. The U.S. government was deeply concerned that Werner Heisenberg would perfect what weapon before American scientists?
(a) The robot of doom.
(b) The space laser.
(c) The earthquake machine.
(d) The atomic bomb.
6. Moe's boss with the OSS instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory named what in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) The DaVinci Company.
(b) The Galileo Company.
(c) The Ferrari Company.
(d) The Rinaldi Company.
7. Moe's boss with the OSS came to Italy and instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory where in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
8. How many times was Ted Williams an All-Star?
9. When was Nelson Rockefeller born?
(a) December 16, 1898.
(b) July 8, 1908.
(c) May 2, 1905.
(d) August 28, 1911.
10. When did Moe Berg die?
(a) August 3, 1979.
(b) September 24, 1967.
(c) May 13, 1981.
(d) May 29, 1972.
11. When was Ted Williams born?
12. The optical laboratory Moe Berg was directed to investigate in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy" was thought to be helping compress fissionable material for Germany's what?
(a) Nuclear bombs.
(b) Plutonium bombs.
(c) Dirty bombs.
(d) Atomic bombs.
13. What position did Moe Berg play for the Boston Red Sox?
(a) 1st base.
(b) Center field.
14. Lise Meitner was a physicist in exile from where?
15. Shortly after leaving the SSU and settling in his brother's home, Moe learned that his business partner in a film and stationary business called what had gone bankrupt?
(a) Lithoprint Manufacturing Company.
(b) Cellomatic Manufacturing Company.
(c) Novelart Manufacturing Company.
(d) Imagine Manufacturing Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theoretical physicist informed Moe Berg that many physicists made routine visits to Switzerland for conferences and lectures in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
2. When was Rome liberated in World War II?
3. What award did Moe Berg earn for his service in the OSS and refuse it?
4. Who signed an executive order disbanding the OSS in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
5. After World War II began to resolve itself, Moe Berg was sent home and arrived in Newark on what date?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)