|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Cold War begin?
2. Due to problems that the CIA had with Moe Berg's methods, his contract with them was not renewed in what year?
3. Who was the moderator of the radio quiz show which Moe Berg made guest appearances on in 1939?
(a) John McGraw.
(b) Roy Spencer.
(c) Clifton Fadiman.
(d) H.P. Robertson.
4. After visiting with Meitner, Moe was sent on a tour of the United States with who in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) Allan Siegal.
(b) Paul Scherrer.
(c) Edoardo Amaldi.
(d) Herb Hunter.
5. Moe Berg was sent by the OSS in what year to see Lise Meitner in Switzerland?
6. The U.S. government was deeply concerned that Werner Heisenberg would perfect what weapon before American scientists?
(a) The space laser.
(b) The atomic bomb.
(c) The robot of doom.
(d) The earthquake machine.
7. Who signed an executive order disbanding the OSS in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
(a) President Harry Truman.
(b) President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(c) President John F. Kennedy.
(d) President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
8. Who did Moe Berg convince Lise Meitner to write a letter to while in Switzerland?
(a) Cliff Bolton.
(b) Walther Bothe.
(c) Dr. Sam Berg.
(d) Dr. Otto Hahn.
9. After his playing career ended, Moe Berg was a Red Sox coach in what years?
(a) 1940 and 1941.
(b) 1948 and 1949.
(c) 1944 and 1945.
(d) 1938 and 1939.
10. What President called for the formation of the OSS?
(a) Harry S. Truman.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Herbert Hoover.
(d) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
11. In late 1944/early 1945, Moe Berg began reporting to the OSS office in Bern lead by whom?
(a) H.P. Robertson.
(b) Tony Calvert.
(c) Allen Dulles.
(d) Carl Eifler.
12. Shortly after leaving the SSU and settling in his brother's home, Moe learned that his business partner in a film and stationary business called what had gone bankrupt?
(a) Lithoprint Manufacturing Company.
(b) Novelart Manufacturing Company.
(c) Cellomatic Manufacturing Company.
(d) Imagine Manufacturing Company.
13. Under what U.S. President did Nelson Rockefeller serve as Vice President?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Lyndon B. Johnson.
14. Who was the oldest son of Bernard and Rose Berg?
(a) Dr. Alex Berg.
(b) Dr. Robert Berg.
(c) Dr. John Berg.
(d) Dr. Sam Berg.
15. What was Dom DiMaggio's nickname?
(a) "The Big Man."
(b) "The Little Professor."
(c) "The Hulk."
(d) "The Doctor."
Short Answer Questions
1. What other regular radio quiz show guest and sports commentator said "Moe was the most scholarly professional athlete (I) ever knew"?
2. In Cleveland, Moe Berg stayed at the home of whom in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
3. What civil engineer during World War II was the chief of foreign intelligence for the Manhattan Engineer District directing espionage against the German nuclear energy project?
4. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," Moe made his way to England aboard what?
5. What consultant for the Arthur D. Little Company did Moe Berg meet in Boston in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)