|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
2. Who did Moe Berg sign with in April of 1924?
(a) The Washington Senators.
(b) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(c) The Little Rock Travelers.
(d) The Minneapolis Millers.
3. From what village in the Ukraine was Bernard Berg?
4. From what high school did Moe Berg graduate?
(a) Barringer High School.
(b) Beaufort High School.
(c) Bradford High School.
(d) Bellmont High School.
5. In college, Moe played shortstop for what team?
(a) The Princeton Tigers.
(b) The Minnesota Golden Gophers.
(c) The Boston College Eagles.
(d) The Illinois Fighting Illini.
6. Who arranged for three players to go to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
(a) Herb Hunter.
(b) Antonio Ferri.
(c) Clifton Fadiman.
(d) Theodore Von Karman.
7. In what year did Moe Berg graduate college, earning a B.A. degree?
8. What does OIAA stand for?
(a) Office of Inter-American Affairs.
(b) Office of Industry and Agriculture.
(c) Oil Industry Association of America.
(d) Open Information Act of America.
9. Where did Moe Berg grow up after the age of three?
(a) Newark, NJ.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) Boston, MA.
(d) Buffalo, NY.
10. The Office of Strategic Services was established by a Presidential military order in what year?
11. Where did Moe Berg graduate with a B.A. degree?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) University of Chicago.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Stanford University.
12. When was Lou Gehrig born?
13. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
14. During an exhibition game against what team did Moe Berg tear a knee ligament?
(a) The Minneapolis Millers.
(b) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(c) The Washington Senators.
(d) The Little Rock Travelers.
15. What two players other than Moe Berg went to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
(a) John Kieran and Tony Calvert.
(b) Lefty O'Doul and Ted Lyons.
(c) Niels Bohr and Harry Broley.
(d) Walther Bothe and Otto Hahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Moe Berg earn his law degree?
2. Moe Berg ended up getting into only how many games in the entire 1930 season?
3. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1932 season?
4. How many at bats did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
5. Where was Moe Berg born?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)