|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what high school did Moe Berg graduate?
(a) Bradford High School.
(b) Beaufort High School.
(c) Barringer High School.
(d) Bellmont High School.
2. When did Berg report to the Senators training camp after returning from Japan?
(a) May 1, 1931.
(b) February 26, 1933.
(c) March 2, 1930.
(d) April 16, 1934.
3. While the rest of the team was playing in Omiya, Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital where during his second trip in Japan?
4. What color suits did Moe Berg traditionally wear?
5. When did Moe Berg return to the United States from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
6. What antiquarian bookshop owner thought Moe Berg was a fraud in the Prologue?
(a) George Allen.
(b) Otto Hahn.
(c) Roy Spencer.
(d) Linda McCarthy.
7. Who arranged for three players to go to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
(a) Clifton Fadiman.
(b) Herb Hunter.
(c) Antonio Ferri.
(d) Theodore Von Karman.
8. When did Moe Berg receive his his LL.B. degree?
9. What CIA museum curator idolizes Moe Berg as described in the Prologue?
(a) Linda McCarthy.
(b) Edoardo Amaldi.
(c) I.M. Levitt.
(d) Joseph Grew.
10. How many hits did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
11. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
(a) The Washington Senators.
(b) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(c) The Minneapolis Millers.
(d) The Little Rock Travelers.
12. Moe Berg ended up getting into only how many games in the entire 1930 season?
13. What starting catcher went down in the 1932 season, allowing Moe Berg to step in?
(a) Pyotr Kapitsa.
(b) Edoardo Amaldi.
(c) John Kieran.
(d) Roy Spencer.
14. What assistant managing editor of the New York Times received letters from someone claiming to be Moe Berg in the Prologue?
(a) Rose Tashke.
(b) Ted Lyons.
(c) Walther Bothe.
(d) Allan Siegal.
15. What New York City newsreel production company had Berg had contracted to film the sights of his second trip to Japan?
(c) Walt Disney.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the CIA established?
2. What refers to a fielder's ability to move from his position to field a ball in play in baseball?
3. Who did the Washington Senators lose to in the 1933 World Series?
4. In 1926, Moe informed his team that he would not be able to join them until two months into the season because he needed to do what?
5. What does OIAA stand for?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)