|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moe Berg worked as a baseball coach until what year?
2. On what date did the group of three players began their circuit of Japanese universities in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
(a) January 5, 1923.
(b) July 28, 1929.
(c) October 22, 1932.
(d) May 4, 1928.
3. When was Moe Berg born?
(a) June 19, 1906.
(b) March 2, 1902.
(c) April 7, 1899.
(d) May 2, 1909.
4. What was a spy organization begun at the beginning of World War II to gather intelligence in the same manner as England's MI-6?
5. In 1926, Moe informed his team that he would not be able to join them until two months into the season because he needed to do what?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Complete his semester at Columbia Law School.
(c) Work on an invention.
(d) Travel across the country.
6. From what village in the Ukraine was Bernard Berg?
7. What was Moe Berg's father's profession by the time Moe entered college?
(d) Taxi driver.
8. When was OIAA established?
9. The teams that approached Moe Berg after his college graduation were looking for a player who was what in order to bring in fans?
(b) Clean cut.
10. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
11. What refers to the official list of players who are eligible to play in a given game and to be included on the lineup card for that game in baseball?
12. Who did the Washington Senators lose to in the 1933 World Series?
(a) The Chicago White Sox.
(b) The New York Giants.
(c) The Chicago Cubs.
(d) The Boston Red Sox.
13. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
(a) The Little Rock Travelers.
(b) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(c) The Washington Senators.
(d) The Minneapolis Millers.
14. When was the CIA established?
15. What CIA museum curator idolizes Moe Berg as described in the Prologue?
(a) Joseph Grew.
(b) Edoardo Amaldi.
(c) I.M. Levitt.
(d) Linda McCarthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Senators give Moe Berg his unconditional release?
2. What does OIAA stand for?
3. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
4. From what high school did Moe Berg graduate?
5. In the baseball season of 1929, where was Moe Berg injured?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)