|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1932 season?
2. What is an area of Paris named for the large central wholesale marketplace?
(a) Les Halles.
(b) Les Enchanté.
(c) Les Pourquoi.
(d) La Rive Gauche.
3. When was the Louvre Palace built?
(a) The early 10th century.
(b) The mid 14th century.
(c) The early 16th century.
(d) The late 12th century.
4. On his second Japan trip, Moe Berg convinced Babe Ruth that he learned Japanese in what amount of time?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 6 months.
5. The Office of Strategic Services was established by a Presidential military order in what year?
6. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
(a) John Kieran.
(b) Aldo Icardi.
(c) Tony Calvert.
(d) Joe Cronin.
7. How old was Moe Berg when he begged his mother to let him start school?
(b) 2 and 1/2.
(c) 3 and 1/2.
8. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
(a) The Washington Senators.
(b) The Little Rock Travelers.
(c) The Minneapolis Millers.
(d) The Toledo Mud Hens.
9. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Gian Carlo Wick.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(c) Clifton Fadiman.
(d) Charles Owen.
10. What color suits did Moe Berg traditionally wear?
11. When was Babe Ruth born?
12. In 1926, Moe informed his team that he would not be able to join them until two months into the season because he needed to do what?
(a) Travel across the country.
(b) Complete his semester at Columbia Law School.
(c) Work on an invention.
(d) Write a book.
13. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included Germany, Italy and Japan?
(a) Western powers.
(b) Eastern powers.
(c) Allied powers.
(d) Axis powers.
14. What two baseball clubs approached Moe Berg after his college graduation?
(a) The Cincinnati Reds and the Chicago Cubs.
(b) The Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees.
(c) The New York Giants and the Brooklyn Robins.
(d) The Chicago Cubs and the Boston Red Sox.
15. The teams that approached Moe Berg after his college graduation were looking for a player who was what in order to bring in fans?
(b) Clean cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Moe Berg's father's profession by the time Moe entered college?
2. What New York City newsreel production company had Berg had contracted to film the sights of his second trip to Japan?
3. What was a spy organization begun at the beginning of World War II to gather intelligence in the same manner as England's MI-6?
4. What was the maiden name of Moe Berg's mother?
5. What was an organization designed to spread propaganda in South and Central America to keep the citizens of those countries on the side of the United States during World War II?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)