|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Moe Berg graduate college, earning a B.A. degree?
2. Where was Moe Berg invited to attend spring training in 1932?
(a) Dallas, TX.
(b) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(c) Knoxville, TN.
(d) Kansas City, MO.
3. Moe Berg worked as a baseball coach until what year?
4. With what batting average did Moe Berg finish the 1930 season?
5. The Office of Strategic Services was established by a Presidential military order in what year?
6. From what high school did Moe Berg graduate?
(a) Barringer High School.
(b) Bellmont High School.
(c) Bradford High School.
(d) Beaufort High School.
7. What does OIAA stand for?
(a) Office of Inter-American Affairs.
(b) Open Information Act of America.
(c) Oil Industry Association of America.
(d) Office of Industry and Agriculture.
8. What refers to the official list of players who are eligible to play in a given game and to be included on the lineup card for that game in baseball?
9. Who picked up Moe Berg after his unconditional release from the Cleveland Indians?
(a) The Washington Senators.
(b) The Little Rock Travelers.
(c) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(d) The Minneapolis Millers.
10. What kind of movie camera did Moe Berg take with him on his second trip to Japan?
(a) 16mm Jeystone A-12.
(b) 16mm Bell and Howell.
(c) 16mm Victor model 3.
(d) 16mm Kodak model E.
11. Where did Moe Berg earn his law degree?
(a) Columbia Law School.
(b) Duke University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Harvard University.
12. What starting catcher went down in the 1932 season, allowing Moe Berg to step in?
(a) Edoardo Amaldi.
(b) Pyotr Kapitsa.
(c) Roy Spencer.
(d) John Kieran.
13. How many games did Moe Berg play in the season of 1933?
14. Where did Moe Berg grow up after the age of three?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) Buffalo, NY.
(c) Newark, NJ.
(d) Boston, MA.
15. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. What assistant managing editor of the New York Times received letters from someone claiming to be Moe Berg in the Prologue?
2. In what year did Bernard Berg leave Ukraine to head west?
3. What New York City newsreel production company had Berg had contracted to film the sights of his second trip to Japan?
4. When did Moe Berg receive his his LL.B. degree?
5. Where was Moe Berg sent after returning from Paris when the coaches saw his batting had not improved?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)