|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moe Berg ended up getting into only how many games in the entire 1930 season?
2. What refers to the official list of players who are eligible to play in a given game and to be included on the lineup card for that game in baseball?
3. When did Moe Berg return to the United States from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
4. Who did the Washington Senators lose to in the 1933 World Series?
(a) The New York Giants.
(b) The Boston Red Sox.
(c) The Chicago Cubs.
(d) The Chicago White Sox.
5. What antiquarian bookshop owner thought Moe Berg was a fraud in the Prologue?
(a) George Allen.
(b) Linda McCarthy.
(c) Otto Hahn.
(d) Roy Spencer.
6. What CIA museum curator idolizes Moe Berg as described in the Prologue?
(a) Joseph Grew.
(b) Linda McCarthy.
(c) I.M. Levitt.
(d) Edoardo Amaldi.
7. What does OIAA stand for?
(a) Open Information Act of America.
(b) Oil Industry Association of America.
(c) Office of Inter-American Affairs.
(d) Office of Industry and Agriculture.
8. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
(a) Joe Cronin.
(b) John Kieran.
(c) Aldo Icardi.
(d) Tony Calvert.
9. In 1929, Moe missed his opportunity to graduate with his law school class because he failed what?
(b) Constitutional Amendments.
(c) Court procedings.
10. For what team did Moe Berg play in Reading, Pennsylvania?
(a) The Keys.
(b) The Wolves.
(c) The Panthers.
(d) The Owls.
11. How many hits did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
12. Where did Bernard Berg begin working in New York after immigrating?
(a) A factory.
(b) A laundry.
(c) A hospital.
(d) The docks.
13. When was OIAA established?
14. When was the CIA established?
15. How many at bats did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
Short Answer Questions
1. What assistant managing editor of the New York Times received letters from someone claiming to be Moe Berg in the Prologue?
2. When was Babe Ruth born?
3. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included France and the United States?
4. What was Moe Berg's father's profession by the time Moe entered college?
5. What was the maiden name of Moe Berg's mother?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)