|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Louvre Museum open?
2. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Charles Owen.
(b) Gian Carlo Wick.
(c) Clifton Fadiman.
(d) Niels Bohr.
3. At what age had Moe Berg begun playing baseball?
4. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
5. Who picked up Berg in 1931 when Chicago put him on waivers?
(a) The Milwaukee Brewers.
(b) The Brooklyn Dodgers.
(c) The New York Yankees.
(d) The Cleveland Indians.
6. When did the Senators give Moe Berg his unconditional release?
(a) July 4, 1936.
(b) July 25, 1934.
(c) June 17, 1933.
(d) August 1, 1939.
7. What does RBI stand for?
(a) Runs by inning.
(b) Really bad injury.
(c) Run batted in.
(d) Robbed by infielder.
8. What refers to a fielder's ability to move from his position to field a ball in play in baseball?
9. What manager of the Giants did Moe Berg have dinner in Paris with in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
(a) William Donovan.
(b) John McGraw.
(c) Charles Owen.
(d) Allen Dulles.
10. When did Moe Berg return to the United States from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
11. Where was Moe Berg invited to attend spring training in 1932?
(a) Knoxville, TN.
(b) Kansas City, MO.
(c) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(d) Dallas, TX.
12. On what date did the group of three players began their circuit of Japanese universities in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
(a) May 4, 1928.
(b) January 5, 1923.
(c) July 28, 1929.
(d) October 22, 1932.
13. How old was Moe Berg when he begged his mother to let him start school?
(c) 3 and 1/2.
(d) 2 and 1/2.
14. Who picked up Moe Berg after his unconditional release from the Cleveland Indians?
(a) The Washington Senators.
(b) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(c) The Little Rock Travelers.
(d) The Minneapolis Millers.
15. The Office of Strategic Services was established by a Presidential military order in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included France and the United States?
2. Who did Moe Berg sign with in April of 1924?
3. The teams that approached Moe Berg after his college graduation were looking for a player who was what in order to bring in fans?
4. When was OIAA established?
5. How many at bats did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)