|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what team did Moe Berg play in Reading, Pennsylvania?
(a) The Wolves.
(b) The Owls.
(c) The Panthers.
(d) The Keys.
2. How many languages did Moe Berg study while earning his B.A. degree?
3. In college, Moe played shortstop for what team?
(a) The Illinois Fighting Illini.
(b) The Princeton Tigers.
(c) The Minnesota Golden Gophers.
(d) The Boston College Eagles.
4. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) Gerald Ford.
5. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1932 season?
6. What refers to a fielder's ability to move from his position to field a ball in play in baseball?
7. What kind of movie camera did Moe Berg take with him on his second trip to Japan?
(a) 16mm Bell and Howell.
(b) 16mm Victor model 3.
(c) 16mm Jeystone A-12.
(d) 16mm Kodak model E.
8. When did the Louvre Museum open?
9. Who was the Senators' starting catcher in 1933?
(a) Carl Eifler.
(b) Cliff Bolton.
(c) Gian Carlo Wick.
(d) Joseph Grew.
10. From what village in the Ukraine was Bernard Berg?
11. With what team did Moe Berg sign after graduating college?
(a) The Brooklyn Robins.
(b) The Chicago Cubs.
(c) The Detroit Tigers.
(d) The Chicago White Sox.
12. Moe Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital ostensibly to visit the daughter of what American ambassador?
(a) Tony Calvert.
(b) Joseph Grew.
(c) Aldo Icardi.
(d) Antonio Ferri.
13. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Clifton Fadiman.
(c) Gian Carlo Wick.
(d) Charles Owen.
14. What is a body of senior uniformed leaders in the United States Department of Defense who advise the Secretary of Defense, the Homeland Security Council, the National Security Council and the President on military matters?
(a) The Joint Chiefs of Staff.
(b) The Knights of the Round Table.
(c) The Council of Military Leaders.
(d) The Top Brass Club.
15. What assistant managing editor of the New York Times received letters from someone claiming to be Moe Berg in the Prologue?
(a) Rose Tashke.
(b) Allan Siegal.
(c) Ted Lyons.
(d) Walther Bothe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Moe Berg when he begged his mother to let him start school?
2. Where was Moe Berg born?
3. Where was Moe Berg invited to attend spring training in 1932?
4. What was Moe Berg's batting average after the 1932 season?
5. When did Berg report to the Senators training camp after returning from Japan?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)