|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a body of senior uniformed leaders in the United States Department of Defense who advise the Secretary of Defense, the Homeland Security Council, the National Security Council and the President on military matters?
(a) The Joint Chiefs of Staff.
(b) The Top Brass Club.
(c) The Council of Military Leaders.
(d) The Knights of the Round Table.
2. What refers to a fielder's ability to move from his position to field a ball in play in baseball?
3. What was Moe Berg's batting average at the end of the season of 1933?
4. What is an area of Paris named for the large central wholesale marketplace?
(a) La Rive Gauche.
(b) Les Pourquoi.
(c) Les Halles.
(d) Les Enchanté.
5. What was a royal palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine until 1871, when it was destroyed in the upheaval during the suppression of the Paris Commune?
(a) The Seine Palace.
(b) The Palace le France.
(c) The Tuileries Palace.
(d) The Paris Palace.
6. At what age had Moe Berg begun playing baseball?
7. When was the CIA established?
8. What was Moe Berg's major for which he earned a B.A. degree?
(d) Modern Languages.
9. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
10. What was Moe Berg's father's profession by the time Moe entered college?
(b) Taxi driver.
11. On what date did the group of three players began their circuit of Japanese universities in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
(a) October 22, 1932.
(b) July 28, 1929.
(c) January 5, 1923.
(d) May 4, 1928.
12. On his second Japan trip, Moe Berg convinced Babe Ruth that he learned Japanese in what amount of time?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
13. In 1926, Moe informed his team that he would not be able to join them until two months into the season because he needed to do what?
(a) Work on an invention.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Complete his semester at Columbia Law School.
(d) Travel across the country.
14. With what batting average did Moe Berg finish the 1930 season?
15. Who was the Senators' starting catcher in 1933?
(a) Gian Carlo Wick.
(b) Carl Eifler.
(c) Cliff Bolton.
(d) Joseph Grew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of movie camera did Moe Berg take with him on his second trip to Japan?
2. How many at bats did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
3. From what high school did Moe Berg graduate?
4. When was Moe Berg born?
5. In the baseball season of 1929, where was Moe Berg injured?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)