|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included France and the United States?
(a) Allied powers.
(b) Axis powers.
(c) Eastern powers.
(d) Western powers.
2. Where did Moe Berg earn his law degree?
(a) Columbia Law School.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Duke University.
(d) Harvard University.
3. What two baseball clubs approached Moe Berg after his college graduation?
(a) The Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees.
(b) The Cincinnati Reds and the Chicago Cubs.
(c) The New York Giants and the Brooklyn Robins.
(d) The Chicago Cubs and the Boston Red Sox.
4. The Office of Strategic Services was established by a Presidential military order in what year?
5. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1932 season?
6. What was Moe Berg's batting average at the end of the season of 1933?
7. On what date did the group of three players began their circuit of Japanese universities in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
(a) May 4, 1928.
(b) July 28, 1929.
(c) October 22, 1932.
(d) January 5, 1923.
8. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
(a) The Washington Senators.
(b) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(c) The Minneapolis Millers.
(d) The Little Rock Travelers.
9. How old was Moe Berg when he begged his mother to let him start school?
(c) 3 and 1/2.
(d) 2 and 1/2.
10. The teams that approached Moe Berg after his college graduation were looking for a player who was what in order to bring in fans?
(b) Clean cut.
11. When was OIAA established?
12. What does RBI stand for?
(a) Really bad injury.
(b) Run batted in.
(c) Robbed by infielder.
(d) Runs by inning.
13. Who picked up Berg in 1931 when Chicago put him on waivers?
(a) The Milwaukee Brewers.
(b) The Brooklyn Dodgers.
(c) The Cleveland Indians.
(d) The New York Yankees.
14. Where was Moe Berg sent after returning from Paris when the coaches saw his batting had not improved?
(a) The minors.
(c) Back to college.
(d) To the batting cages.
15. Moe Berg worked as a baseball coach until what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many languages did Moe Berg study while earning his B.A. degree?
2. Who arranged for three players to go to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
3. What starting catcher went down in the 1932 season, allowing Moe Berg to step in?
4. Where did Moe Berg attend several classes while in Paris in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
5. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included Germany, Italy and Japan?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)