|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
(a) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(b) The Minneapolis Millers.
(c) The Little Rock Travelers.
(d) The Washington Senators.
2. What color suits did Moe Berg traditionally wear?
3. How many games did Moe Berg play in the season of 1933?
4. When was the CIA established?
5. Part of the reason Moe was a quiet student in college was an underlying prejudice against what that existed at the school at the time?
6. What manager of the Giants did Moe Berg have dinner in Paris with in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
(a) Charles Owen.
(b) Allen Dulles.
(c) John McGraw.
(d) William Donovan.
7. What refers to a fielder's ability to move from his position to field a ball in play in baseball?
8. Where was Moe Berg born?
(a) Portland, ME.
(b) Columbus, OH.
(c) Boston, MA.
(d) New York, NY.
9. Who did the Washington Senators lose to in the 1933 World Series?
(a) The New York Giants.
(b) The Boston Red Sox.
(c) The Chicago White Sox.
(d) The Chicago Cubs.
10. In 1926, Moe informed his team that he would not be able to join them until two months into the season because he needed to do what?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Complete his semester at Columbia Law School.
(c) Work on an invention.
(d) Travel across the country.
11. What was the maiden name of Moe Berg's mother?
(a) Linda McCarthy.
(b) Estella Huni.
(c) Rose Tashke.
(d) Mary Collins.
12. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
(a) Aldo Icardi.
(b) Joe Cronin.
(c) Tony Calvert.
(d) John Kieran.
13. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Clifton Fadiman.
(b) Charles Owen.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Gian Carlo Wick.
14. When was Babe Ruth born?
15. Where did Moe Berg attend several classes while in Paris in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
(a) The Sorbonne.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) Les Invalides.
(d) Arc de Triomphe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What starting catcher went down in the 1932 season, allowing Moe Berg to step in?
2. During an exhibition game against what team did Moe Berg tear a knee ligament?
3. What New York City newsreel production company had Berg had contracted to film the sights of his second trip to Japan?
4. What was an organization designed to spread propaganda in South and Central America to keep the citizens of those countries on the side of the United States during World War II?
5. Who did Moe Berg sign with in April of 1924?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)