|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did the group of three players began their circuit of Japanese universities in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
(a) July 28, 1929.
(b) May 4, 1928.
(c) October 22, 1932.
(d) January 5, 1923.
2. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1932 season?
3. At what age had Moe Berg begun playing baseball?
4. Where did Bernard Berg begin working in New York after immigrating?
(a) A laundry.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A factory.
(d) The docks.
5. Who picked up Moe Berg after his unconditional release from the Cleveland Indians?
(a) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(b) The Minneapolis Millers.
(c) The Washington Senators.
(d) The Little Rock Travelers.
6. What CIA museum curator idolizes Moe Berg as described in the Prologue?
(a) I.M. Levitt.
(b) Edoardo Amaldi.
(c) Joseph Grew.
(d) Linda McCarthy.
7. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Clifton Fadiman.
(b) Charles Owen.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Gian Carlo Wick.
8. When was the CIA established?
9. In 1929, Moe missed his opportunity to graduate with his law school class because he failed what?
(b) Constitutional Amendments.
(d) Court procedings.
10. In college, Moe played shortstop for what team?
(a) The Boston College Eagles.
(b) The Illinois Fighting Illini.
(c) The Princeton Tigers.
(d) The Minnesota Golden Gophers.
11. When did Moe Berg return to the United States from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
12. What assistant managing editor of the New York Times received letters from someone claiming to be Moe Berg in the Prologue?
(a) Rose Tashke.
(b) Allan Siegal.
(c) Ted Lyons.
(d) Walther Bothe.
13. What starting catcher went down in the 1932 season, allowing Moe Berg to step in?
(a) Edoardo Amaldi.
(b) Roy Spencer.
(c) John Kieran.
(d) Pyotr Kapitsa.
14. What was a spy organization begun at the beginning of World War II to gather intelligence in the same manner as England's MI-6?
15. Who did the Washington Senators lose to in the 1933 World Series?
(a) The Chicago White Sox.
(b) The Boston Red Sox.
(c) The New York Giants.
(d) The Chicago Cubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what village in the Ukraine was Bernard Berg?
2. While the rest of the team was playing in Omiya, Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital where during his second trip in Japan?
3. Part of the reason Moe was a quiet student in college was an underlying prejudice against what that existed at the school at the time?
4. What refers to the official list of players who are eligible to play in a given game and to be included on the lineup card for that game in baseball?
5. What is an area of Paris named for the large central wholesale marketplace?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)