|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moe Berg ended up getting into only how many games in the entire 1930 season?
2. How many hits did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
3. What CIA museum curator idolizes Moe Berg as described in the Prologue?
(a) I.M. Levitt.
(b) Joseph Grew.
(c) Linda McCarthy.
(d) Edoardo Amaldi.
4. In 1926, Moe informed his team that he would not be able to join them until two months into the season because he needed to do what?
(a) Work on an invention.
(b) Complete his semester at Columbia Law School.
(c) Travel across the country.
(d) Write a book.
5. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
6. From what village in the Ukraine was Bernard Berg?
7. Where did Moe Berg attend several classes while in Paris in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
(a) Les Invalides.
(b) Arc de Triomphe.
(c) The Sorbonne.
(d) The Louvre.
8. Who arranged for three players to go to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
(a) Clifton Fadiman.
(b) Herb Hunter.
(c) Theodore Von Karman.
(d) Antonio Ferri.
9. What was Moe Berg's major for which he earned a B.A. degree?
(d) Modern Languages.
10. With what respected Wall Street law firm did Moe Berg take a position in 1930?
(a) Satterlee and Canfield.
(b) Ernster and Robbins.
(c) Scofield and Newton.
(d) Bloomberg and Rodgers.
11. While the rest of the team was playing in Omiya, Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital where during his second trip in Japan?
12. Where was Moe Berg invited to attend spring training in 1932?
(a) Kansas City, MO.
(b) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(c) Dallas, TX.
(d) Knoxville, TN.
13. When did Moe Berg return to the United States from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
14. What was the maiden name of Moe Berg's mother?
(a) Estella Huni.
(b) Mary Collins.
(c) Rose Tashke.
(d) Linda McCarthy.
15. When did the Senators give Moe Berg his unconditional release?
(a) June 17, 1933.
(b) July 4, 1936.
(c) July 25, 1934.
(d) August 1, 1939.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Moe Berg sent after returning from Paris when the coaches saw his batting had not improved?
2. In what year did Moe Berg graduate college, earning a B.A. degree?
3. How many games did Moe Berg play in the season of 1933?
4. In 1929, Moe missed his opportunity to graduate with his law school class because he failed what?
5. The Office of Strategic Services was established by a Presidential military order in what year?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)