|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Moe Berg born?
(a) May 2, 1909.
(b) March 2, 1902.
(c) June 19, 1906.
(d) April 7, 1899.
2. What two baseball clubs approached Moe Berg after his college graduation?
(a) The Cincinnati Reds and the Chicago Cubs.
(b) The Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees.
(c) The Chicago Cubs and the Boston Red Sox.
(d) The New York Giants and the Brooklyn Robins.
3. How many languages did Moe Berg study while earning his B.A. degree?
4. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Clifton Fadiman.
(b) Charles Owen.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Gian Carlo Wick.
5. How many hits did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
6. What does OIAA stand for?
(a) Office of Inter-American Affairs.
(b) Open Information Act of America.
(c) Office of Industry and Agriculture.
(d) Oil Industry Association of America.
7. What two players other than Moe Berg went to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
(a) Walther Bothe and Otto Hahn.
(b) Lefty O'Doul and Ted Lyons.
(c) Niels Bohr and Harry Broley.
(d) John Kieran and Tony Calvert.
8. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
(a) The Washington Senators.
(b) The Minneapolis Millers.
(c) The Little Rock Travelers.
(d) The Toledo Mud Hens.
9. Moe Berg worked as a baseball coach until what year?
10. In what year did Moe Berg begin playing professional baseball?
11. In what year did Moe Berg graduate college, earning a B.A. degree?
12. Moe Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital ostensibly to visit the daughter of what American ambassador?
(a) Aldo Icardi.
(b) Joseph Grew.
(c) Antonio Ferri.
(d) Tony Calvert.
13. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included France and the United States?
(a) Western powers.
(b) Allied powers.
(c) Axis powers.
(d) Eastern powers.
14. From what village in the Ukraine was Bernard Berg?
15. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a royal palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine until 1871, when it was destroyed in the upheaval during the suppression of the Paris Commune?
2. What was the maiden name of Moe Berg's mother?
3. What manager of the Giants did Moe Berg have dinner in Paris with in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
4. What starting catcher went down in the 1932 season, allowing Moe Berg to step in?
5. What is an area of Paris named for the large central wholesale marketplace?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)