|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a fielder's ability to move from his position to field a ball in play in baseball?
2. While the rest of the team was playing in Omiya, Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital where during his second trip in Japan?
3. What was a spy organization begun at the beginning of World War II to gather intelligence in the same manner as England's MI-6?
4. With what team did Moe Berg sign after graduating college?
(a) The Detroit Tigers.
(b) The Chicago Cubs.
(c) The Chicago White Sox.
(d) The Brooklyn Robins.
5. How old was Moe Berg when he begged his mother to let him start school?
(c) 3 and 1/2.
(d) 2 and 1/2.
6. When was Babe Ruth born?
7. Moe Berg ended up getting into only how many games in the entire 1930 season?
8. What was Moe Berg's major for which he earned a B.A. degree?
(b) Modern Languages.
9. In what year did Moe Berg graduate college, earning a B.A. degree?
10. What two players other than Moe Berg went to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
(a) Niels Bohr and Harry Broley.
(b) John Kieran and Tony Calvert.
(c) Walther Bothe and Otto Hahn.
(d) Lefty O'Doul and Ted Lyons.
11. What is a body of senior uniformed leaders in the United States Department of Defense who advise the Secretary of Defense, the Homeland Security Council, the National Security Council and the President on military matters?
(a) The Council of Military Leaders.
(b) The Joint Chiefs of Staff.
(c) The Knights of the Round Table.
(d) The Top Brass Club.
12. What assistant managing editor of the New York Times received letters from someone claiming to be Moe Berg in the Prologue?
(a) Ted Lyons.
(b) Allan Siegal.
(c) Walther Bothe.
(d) Rose Tashke.
13. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
(a) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(b) The Little Rock Travelers.
(c) The Minneapolis Millers.
(d) The Washington Senators.
14. Who picked up Berg in 1931 when Chicago put him on waivers?
(a) The New York Yankees.
(b) The Milwaukee Brewers.
(c) The Brooklyn Dodgers.
(d) The Cleveland Indians.
15. How many games did Moe Berg play in the season of 1933?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bernard Berg begin working in New York after immigrating?
2. Who arranged for three players to go to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
3. In the baseball season of 1929, where was Moe Berg injured?
4. Where did Moe Berg grow up after the age of three?
5. What was Moe Berg's father's profession by the time Moe entered college?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)