|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the rest of the team was playing in Omiya, Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital where during his second trip in Japan?
2. In college, Moe played shortstop for what team?
(a) The Boston College Eagles.
(b) The Illinois Fighting Illini.
(c) The Princeton Tigers.
(d) The Minnesota Golden Gophers.
3. When was the CIA established?
4. Who established and headed the OIAA?
(a) William Donovan.
(b) Nelson D. Rockefeller.
(c) Herb Hunter.
(d) John Kieran.
5. In what year did Moe Berg graduate college, earning a B.A. degree?
6. When was Lou Gehrig born?
7. When did Berg report to the Senators training camp after returning from Japan?
(a) May 1, 1931.
(b) February 26, 1933.
(c) March 2, 1930.
(d) April 16, 1934.
8. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1932 season?
9. In the baseball season of 1929, where was Moe Berg injured?
(a) His bicep.
(b) His knee.
(c) His elbow.
(d) His foot.
10. How old was Moe Berg when he begged his mother to let him start school?
(c) 3 and 1/2.
(d) 2 and 1/2.
11. What two baseball clubs approached Moe Berg after his college graduation?
(a) The Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees.
(b) The Chicago Cubs and the Boston Red Sox.
(c) The Cincinnati Reds and the Chicago Cubs.
(d) The New York Giants and the Brooklyn Robins.
12. What was Moe Berg's major for which he earned a B.A. degree?
(c) Modern Languages.
13. Where was Moe Berg sent after returning from Paris when the coaches saw his batting had not improved?
(a) Back to college.
(b) The minors.
(c) To the batting cages.
14. Where did Moe Berg graduate with a B.A. degree?
(a) Stanford University.
(b) University of Chicago.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Harvard University.
15. How many at bats did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
2. In 1926, Moe informed his team that he would not be able to join them until two months into the season because he needed to do what?
3. In what year did Bernard Berg leave Ukraine to head west?
4. Moe Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital ostensibly to visit the daughter of what American ambassador?
5. What was Moe Berg's father's profession by the time Moe entered college?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)