|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Moe Berg begin playing professional baseball?
2. Moe Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital ostensibly to visit the daughter of what American ambassador?
(a) Tony Calvert.
(b) Aldo Icardi.
(c) Antonio Ferri.
(d) Joseph Grew.
3. What does RBI stand for?
(a) Robbed by infielder.
(b) Run batted in.
(c) Really bad injury.
(d) Runs by inning.
4. How many languages did Moe Berg study while earning his B.A. degree?
5. How old was Moe Berg when he begged his mother to let him start school?
(c) 2 and 1/2.
(d) 3 and 1/2.
6. Who arranged for three players to go to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
(a) Herb Hunter.
(b) Antonio Ferri.
(c) Clifton Fadiman.
(d) Theodore Von Karman.
7. In 1929, Moe missed his opportunity to graduate with his law school class because he failed what?
(b) Constitutional Amendments.
(c) Court procedings.
8. What kind of movie camera did Moe Berg take with him on his second trip to Japan?
(a) 16mm Victor model 3.
(b) 16mm Kodak model E.
(c) 16mm Jeystone A-12.
(d) 16mm Bell and Howell.
9. What New York City newsreel production company had Berg had contracted to film the sights of his second trip to Japan?
(d) Walt Disney.
10. When was Moe Berg born?
(a) May 2, 1909.
(b) June 19, 1906.
(c) March 2, 1902.
(d) April 7, 1899.
11. What CIA museum curator idolizes Moe Berg as described in the Prologue?
(a) Joseph Grew.
(b) Linda McCarthy.
(c) Edoardo Amaldi.
(d) I.M. Levitt.
12. When was OIAA established?
13. How many games did Moe Berg play in the season of 1933?
14. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1931 season?
15. When was Lou Gehrig born?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Bernard Berg leave Ukraine to head west?
2. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
3. When did Berg report to the Senators training camp after returning from Japan?
4. How many hits did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
5. For what team did Moe Berg play in Reading, Pennsylvania?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)