|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What antiquarian bookshop owner thought Moe Berg was a fraud in the Prologue?
(a) Linda McCarthy.
(b) George Allen.
(c) Otto Hahn.
(d) Roy Spencer.
2. What does RBI stand for?
(a) Run batted in.
(b) Runs by inning.
(c) Really bad injury.
(d) Robbed by infielder.
3. From what high school did Moe Berg graduate?
(a) Bellmont High School.
(b) Bradford High School.
(c) Barringer High School.
(d) Beaufort High School.
4. What kind of movie camera did Moe Berg take with him on his second trip to Japan?
(a) 16mm Victor model 3.
(b) 16mm Bell and Howell.
(c) 16mm Jeystone A-12.
(d) 16mm Kodak model E.
5. How many at bats did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
6. Part of the reason Moe was a quiet student in college was an underlying prejudice against what that existed at the school at the time?
7. At what age had Moe Berg begun playing baseball?
8. In what year did Moe Berg graduate college, earning a B.A. degree?
9. What color suits did Moe Berg traditionally wear?
10. With what batting average did Moe Berg finish the 1930 season?
11. Where did Moe Berg earn his law degree?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Duke University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Columbia Law School.
12. What two baseball clubs approached Moe Berg after his college graduation?
(a) The Chicago Cubs and the Boston Red Sox.
(b) The Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees.
(c) The Cincinnati Reds and the Chicago Cubs.
(d) The New York Giants and the Brooklyn Robins.
13. How many hits did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
14. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included Germany, Italy and Japan?
(a) Axis powers.
(b) Western powers.
(c) Allied powers.
(d) Eastern powers.
15. What New York City newsreel production company had Berg had contracted to film the sights of his second trip to Japan?
(a) Walt Disney.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
2. When was Babe Ruth born?
3. What was Moe Berg's batting average at the end of the season of 1933?
4. When did the Louvre Museum open?
5. For what team did Moe Berg play in Reading, Pennsylvania?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)