|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During an exhibition game against what team did Moe Berg tear a knee ligament?
(a) The Little Rock Travelers.
(b) The Minneapolis Millers.
(c) The Washington Senators.
(d) The Toledo Mud Hens.
2. On what date did the group of three players began their circuit of Japanese universities in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
(a) January 5, 1923.
(b) October 22, 1932.
(c) May 4, 1928.
(d) July 28, 1929.
3. When was OIAA established?
4. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1932 season?
5. When was Babe Ruth born?
6. What was a royal palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine until 1871, when it was destroyed in the upheaval during the suppression of the Paris Commune?
(a) The Seine Palace.
(b) The Tuileries Palace.
(c) The Paris Palace.
(d) The Palace le France.
7. In what year did Moe Berg begin playing professional baseball?
8. Who established and headed the OIAA?
(a) Nelson D. Rockefeller.
(b) William Donovan.
(c) Herb Hunter.
(d) John Kieran.
9. What was Moe Berg's father's profession by the time Moe entered college?
(b) Taxi driver.
10. In 1926, Moe informed his team that he would not be able to join them until two months into the season because he needed to do what?
(a) Complete his semester at Columbia Law School.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Work on an invention.
(d) Travel across the country.
11. While the rest of the team was playing in Omiya, Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital where during his second trip in Japan?
12. On his second Japan trip, Moe Berg convinced Babe Ruth that he learned Japanese in what amount of time?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 6 months.
13. With what batting average did Moe Berg finish the 1930 season?
14. From what village in the Ukraine was Bernard Berg?
15. Where was Moe Berg invited to attend spring training in 1932?
(a) Kansas City, MO.
(b) Knoxville, TN.
(c) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(d) Dallas, TX.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
2. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
3. In what year did Bernard Berg leave Ukraine to head west?
4. At what age had Moe Berg begun playing baseball?
5. What does OIAA stand for?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)