|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what team did Moe Berg sign after graduating college?
(a) The Brooklyn Robins.
(b) The Chicago White Sox.
(c) The Chicago Cubs.
(d) The Detroit Tigers.
2. From what high school did Moe Berg graduate?
(a) Bradford High School.
(b) Barringer High School.
(c) Bellmont High School.
(d) Beaufort High School.
3. When did the Senators give Moe Berg his unconditional release?
(a) June 17, 1933.
(b) July 25, 1934.
(c) August 1, 1939.
(d) July 4, 1936.
4. What was the maiden name of Moe Berg's mother?
(a) Estella Huni.
(b) Linda McCarthy.
(c) Rose Tashke.
(d) Mary Collins.
5. Who was the Senators' starting catcher in 1933?
(a) Cliff Bolton.
(b) Gian Carlo Wick.
(c) Joseph Grew.
(d) Carl Eifler.
6. On his second Japan trip, Moe Berg convinced Babe Ruth that he learned Japanese in what amount of time?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
7. Moe Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital ostensibly to visit the daughter of what American ambassador?
(a) Joseph Grew.
(b) Aldo Icardi.
(c) Antonio Ferri.
(d) Tony Calvert.
8. What kind of movie camera did Moe Berg take with him on his second trip to Japan?
(a) 16mm Bell and Howell.
(b) 16mm Kodak model E.
(c) 16mm Victor model 3.
(d) 16mm Jeystone A-12.
9. What two players other than Moe Berg went to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
(a) Lefty O'Doul and Ted Lyons.
(b) Niels Bohr and Harry Broley.
(c) Walther Bothe and Otto Hahn.
(d) John Kieran and Tony Calvert.
10. In 1929, Moe missed his opportunity to graduate with his law school class because he failed what?
(c) Court procedings.
(d) Constitutional Amendments.
11. What does OIAA stand for?
(a) Oil Industry Association of America.
(b) Open Information Act of America.
(c) Office of Inter-American Affairs.
(d) Office of Industry and Agriculture.
12. What was Moe Berg's father's profession by the time Moe entered college?
(a) Taxi driver.
13. In what year did Moe Berg begin playing professional baseball?
14. Where was Moe Berg invited to attend spring training in 1932?
(a) Knoxville, TN.
(b) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(c) Kansas City, MO.
(d) Dallas, TX.
15. In what year did Moe Berg graduate college, earning a B.A. degree?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Moe Berg sign with in April of 1924?
2. When did Moe Berg return to the United States from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
3. When was the Louvre Palace built?
4. How old was Moe Berg when he begged his mother to let him start school?
5. What was a spy organization begun at the beginning of World War II to gather intelligence in the same manner as England's MI-6?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)