|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1932 season?
2. When did Berg report to the Senators training camp after returning from Japan?
(a) March 2, 1930.
(b) May 1, 1931.
(c) April 16, 1934.
(d) February 26, 1933.
3. In what year did Bernard Berg leave Ukraine to head west?
4. What does OIAA stand for?
(a) Open Information Act of America.
(b) Oil Industry Association of America.
(c) Office of Industry and Agriculture.
(d) Office of Inter-American Affairs.
5. Where did Moe Berg earn his law degree?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Columbia Law School.
(c) Duke University.
(d) Yale University.
6. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included Germany, Italy and Japan?
(a) Eastern powers.
(b) Axis powers.
(c) Western powers.
(d) Allied powers.
7. With what respected Wall Street law firm did Moe Berg take a position in 1930?
(a) Bloomberg and Rodgers.
(b) Satterlee and Canfield.
(c) Ernster and Robbins.
(d) Scofield and Newton.
8. How old was Moe Berg when he begged his mother to let him start school?
(b) 3 and 1/2.
(c) 2 and 1/2.
9. Where did Bernard Berg begin working in New York after immigrating?
(a) The docks.
(b) A factory.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A laundry.
10. Where was Moe Berg invited to attend spring training in 1932?
(a) Knoxville, TN.
(b) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(c) Dallas, TX.
(d) Kansas City, MO.
11. Moe Berg ended up getting into only how many games in the entire 1930 season?
12. When was Lou Gehrig born?
13. What was Moe Berg's batting average at the end of the season of 1933?
14. Who established and headed the OIAA?
(a) John Kieran.
(b) William Donovan.
(c) Herb Hunter.
(d) Nelson D. Rockefeller.
15. While the rest of the team was playing in Omiya, Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital where during his second trip in Japan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Senators' starting catcher in 1933?
2. When was Moe Berg born?
3. Who did Moe Berg sign with in April of 1924?
4. What was the maiden name of Moe Berg's mother?
5. On his second Japan trip, Moe Berg convinced Babe Ruth that he learned Japanese in what amount of time?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)