|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Moe Berg invited to attend spring training in 1932?
(a) Knoxville, TN.
(b) Dallas, TX.
(c) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(d) Kansas City, MO.
2. When was the CIA established?
3. What was a royal palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine until 1871, when it was destroyed in the upheaval during the suppression of the Paris Commune?
(a) The Paris Palace.
(b) The Palace le France.
(c) The Seine Palace.
(d) The Tuileries Palace.
4. How many at bats did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
5. How old was Moe Berg when he begged his mother to let him start school?
(a) 2 and 1/2.
(b) 3 and 1/2.
6. When did Moe Berg return to the United States from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
7. What manager of the Giants did Moe Berg have dinner in Paris with in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
(a) Charles Owen.
(b) Allen Dulles.
(c) William Donovan.
(d) John McGraw.
8. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
9. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Gerald Ford.
10. Moe Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital ostensibly to visit the daughter of what American ambassador?
(a) Joseph Grew.
(b) Aldo Icardi.
(c) Antonio Ferri.
(d) Tony Calvert.
11. Where did Moe Berg earn his law degree?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Duke University.
(d) Columbia Law School.
12. Where did Moe Berg attend several classes while in Paris in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
(a) The Sorbonne.
(b) Arc de Triomphe.
(c) Les Invalides.
(d) The Louvre.
13. What assistant managing editor of the New York Times received letters from someone claiming to be Moe Berg in the Prologue?
(a) Allan Siegal.
(b) Ted Lyons.
(c) Rose Tashke.
(d) Walther Bothe.
14. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1931 season?
15. On what date did the group of three players began their circuit of Japanese universities in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
(a) October 22, 1932.
(b) July 28, 1929.
(c) May 4, 1928.
(d) January 5, 1923.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Louvre Museum open?
2. What two baseball clubs approached Moe Berg after his college graduation?
3. What two players other than Moe Berg went to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
4. Who picked up Moe Berg after his unconditional release from the Cleveland Indians?
5. In the baseball season of 1929, where was Moe Berg injured?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)