|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moe Berg worked as a baseball coach until what year?
2. What two baseball clubs approached Moe Berg after his college graduation?
(a) The Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees.
(b) The Cincinnati Reds and the Chicago Cubs.
(c) The Chicago Cubs and the Boston Red Sox.
(d) The New York Giants and the Brooklyn Robins.
3. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
(a) The Little Rock Travelers.
(b) The Washington Senators.
(c) The Minneapolis Millers.
(d) The Toledo Mud Hens.
4. Who picked up Berg in 1931 when Chicago put him on waivers?
(a) The Milwaukee Brewers.
(b) The Brooklyn Dodgers.
(c) The Cleveland Indians.
(d) The New York Yankees.
5. On his second Japan trip, Moe Berg convinced Babe Ruth that he learned Japanese in what amount of time?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
6. In 1926, Moe informed his team that he would not be able to join them until two months into the season because he needed to do what?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Complete his semester at Columbia Law School.
(c) Travel across the country.
(d) Work on an invention.
7. What refers to a fielder's ability to move from his position to field a ball in play in baseball?
8. Who did the Washington Senators lose to in the 1933 World Series?
(a) The New York Giants.
(b) The Boston Red Sox.
(c) The Chicago White Sox.
(d) The Chicago Cubs.
9. With what team did Moe Berg sign after graduating college?
(a) The Chicago White Sox.
(b) The Chicago Cubs.
(c) The Brooklyn Robins.
(d) The Detroit Tigers.
10. With what respected Wall Street law firm did Moe Berg take a position in 1930?
(a) Scofield and Newton.
(b) Satterlee and Canfield.
(c) Bloomberg and Rodgers.
(d) Ernster and Robbins.
11. When was Lou Gehrig born?
12. What starting catcher went down in the 1932 season, allowing Moe Berg to step in?
(a) Edoardo Amaldi.
(b) John Kieran.
(c) Pyotr Kapitsa.
(d) Roy Spencer.
13. When was the Louvre Palace built?
(a) The early 10th century.
(b) The mid 14th century.
(c) The late 12th century.
(d) The early 16th century.
14. When was the CIA established?
15. What New York City newsreel production company had Berg had contracted to film the sights of his second trip to Japan?
(a) Walt Disney.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
2. During an exhibition game against what team did Moe Berg tear a knee ligament?
3. What does RBI stand for?
4. In 1925, Moe played so well that the Chicago Cubs wanted him, but what team had an option on him that they quickly exercised?
5. What kind of movie camera did Moe Berg take with him on his second trip to Japan?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)