|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bernard Berg begin working in New York after immigrating?
(a) A hospital.
(b) The docks.
(c) A laundry.
(d) A factory.
2. When was OIAA established?
3. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
4. Moe Berg worked as a baseball coach until what year?
5. Who established and headed the OIAA?
(a) John Kieran.
(b) Nelson D. Rockefeller.
(c) Herb Hunter.
(d) William Donovan.
6. What was Moe Berg's major for which he earned a B.A. degree?
(b) Modern Languages.
7. What was an organization designed to spread propaganda in South and Central America to keep the citizens of those countries on the side of the United States during World War II?
8. What is an area of Paris named for the large central wholesale marketplace?
(a) Les Halles.
(b) Les Enchanté.
(c) Les Pourquoi.
(d) La Rive Gauche.
9. When did Moe Berg receive his his LL.B. degree?
10. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included France and the United States?
(a) Allied powers.
(b) Eastern powers.
(c) Axis powers.
(d) Western powers.
11. With what team did Moe Berg sign after graduating college?
(a) The Brooklyn Robins.
(b) The Detroit Tigers.
(c) The Chicago White Sox.
(d) The Chicago Cubs.
12. The Office of Strategic Services was established by a Presidential military order in what year?
13. Where did Moe Berg earn his law degree?
(a) Duke University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Columbia Law School.
(d) Harvard University.
14. While the rest of the team was playing in Omiya, Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital where during his second trip in Japan?
15. Who did the Washington Senators lose to in the 1933 World Series?
(a) The New York Giants.
(b) The Chicago White Sox.
(c) The Chicago Cubs.
(d) The Boston Red Sox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a body of senior uniformed leaders in the United States Department of Defense who advise the Secretary of Defense, the Homeland Security Council, the National Security Council and the President on military matters?
2. What was a royal palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine until 1871, when it was destroyed in the upheaval during the suppression of the Paris Commune?
3. For what team did Moe Berg play in Reading, Pennsylvania?
4. How many at bats did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
5. When was the Louvre Palace built?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)