|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
(a) Joe Cronin.
(b) John Kieran.
(c) Tony Calvert.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
2. In what year did Bernard Berg leave Ukraine to head west?
3. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1932 season?
4. With what respected Wall Street law firm did Moe Berg take a position in 1930?
(a) Satterlee and Canfield.
(b) Ernster and Robbins.
(c) Bloomberg and Rodgers.
(d) Scofield and Newton.
5. Who did the Washington Senators lose to in the 1933 World Series?
(a) The Chicago Cubs.
(b) The Chicago White Sox.
(c) The New York Giants.
(d) The Boston Red Sox.
6. What color suits did Moe Berg traditionally wear?
7. When was Babe Ruth born?
8. How many at bats did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
9. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
(a) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(b) The Washington Senators.
(c) The Minneapolis Millers.
(d) The Little Rock Travelers.
10. When did the Louvre Museum open?
11. How many hits did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
12. Where was Moe Berg born?
(a) Boston, MA.
(b) New York, NY.
(c) Columbus, OH.
(d) Portland, ME.
13. What refers to the official list of players who are eligible to play in a given game and to be included on the lineup card for that game in baseball?
14. Who was the Senators' starting catcher in 1933?
(a) Carl Eifler.
(b) Cliff Bolton.
(c) Gian Carlo Wick.
(d) Joseph Grew.
15. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Clifton Fadiman.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(c) Charles Owen.
(d) Gian Carlo Wick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many games did Moe Berg play in the season of 1933?
2. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1931 season?
3. Where was Moe Berg sent after returning from Paris when the coaches saw his batting had not improved?
4. At what age had Moe Berg begun playing baseball?
5. In college, Moe played shortstop for what team?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)