|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Senators' starting catcher in 1933?
(a) Carl Eifler.
(b) Gian Carlo Wick.
(c) Cliff Bolton.
(d) Joseph Grew.
2. Moe Berg worked as a baseball coach until what year?
3. When was Moe Berg born?
(a) May 2, 1909.
(b) March 2, 1902.
(c) June 19, 1906.
(d) April 7, 1899.
4. Where was Moe Berg born?
(a) Boston, MA.
(b) Columbus, OH.
(c) Portland, ME.
(d) New York, NY.
5. When was Lou Gehrig born?
6. How many at bats did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
7. What refers to the official list of players who are eligible to play in a given game and to be included on the lineup card for that game in baseball?
8. In 1926, Moe informed his team that he would not be able to join them until two months into the season because he needed to do what?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Complete his semester at Columbia Law School.
(c) Travel across the country.
(d) Work on an invention.
9. With what batting average did Moe Berg finish the 1930 season?
10. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1931 season?
11. What was a royal palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine until 1871, when it was destroyed in the upheaval during the suppression of the Paris Commune?
(a) The Tuileries Palace.
(b) The Seine Palace.
(c) The Paris Palace.
(d) The Palace le France.
12. What CIA museum curator idolizes Moe Berg as described in the Prologue?
(a) I.M. Levitt.
(b) Edoardo Amaldi.
(c) Joseph Grew.
(d) Linda McCarthy.
13. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1932 season?
14. The teams that approached Moe Berg after his college graduation were looking for a player who was what in order to bring in fans?
(b) Clean cut.
15. Who did the Washington Senators lose to in the 1933 World Series?
(a) The Chicago Cubs.
(b) The New York Giants.
(c) The Chicago White Sox.
(d) The Boston Red Sox.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Louvre Palace built?
2. What was the maiden name of Moe Berg's mother?
3. During an exhibition game against what team did Moe Berg tear a knee ligament?
4. What was Moe Berg's batting average at the end of the season of 1933?
5. Who arranged for three players to go to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)