|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In college, Moe played shortstop for what team?
(a) The Illinois Fighting Illini.
(b) The Boston College Eagles.
(c) The Princeton Tigers.
(d) The Minnesota Golden Gophers.
2. What was Moe Berg's batting average after the 1932 season?
3. When was the Louvre Palace built?
(a) The mid 14th century.
(b) The early 10th century.
(c) The early 16th century.
(d) The late 12th century.
4. From what high school did Moe Berg graduate?
(a) Bradford High School.
(b) Beaufort High School.
(c) Bellmont High School.
(d) Barringer High School.
5. What kind of movie camera did Moe Berg take with him on his second trip to Japan?
(a) 16mm Bell and Howell.
(b) 16mm Victor model 3.
(c) 16mm Jeystone A-12.
(d) 16mm Kodak model E.
6. When was Moe Berg born?
(a) April 7, 1899.
(b) March 2, 1902.
(c) June 19, 1906.
(d) May 2, 1909.
7. While the rest of the team was playing in Omiya, Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital where during his second trip in Japan?
8. In what year did Bernard Berg leave Ukraine to head west?
9. What does OIAA stand for?
(a) Oil Industry Association of America.
(b) Office of Industry and Agriculture.
(c) Open Information Act of America.
(d) Office of Inter-American Affairs.
10. Where was Moe Berg sent after returning from Paris when the coaches saw his batting had not improved?
(a) Back to college.
(b) To the batting cages.
(d) The minors.
11. What CIA museum curator idolizes Moe Berg as described in the Prologue?
(a) Linda McCarthy.
(b) Edoardo Amaldi.
(c) I.M. Levitt.
(d) Joseph Grew.
12. In the baseball season of 1929, where was Moe Berg injured?
(a) His elbow.
(b) His foot.
(c) His bicep.
(d) His knee.
13. How many hits did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
14. What antiquarian bookshop owner thought Moe Berg was a fraud in the Prologue?
(a) Otto Hahn.
(b) Linda McCarthy.
(c) George Allen.
(d) Roy Spencer.
15. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picked up Moe Berg after his unconditional release from the Cleveland Indians?
2. When was OIAA established?
3. Who did Moe Berg sign with in April of 1924?
4. Moe Berg ended up getting into only how many games in the entire 1930 season?
5. In what year did Moe Berg graduate college, earning a B.A. degree?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)