Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Prologue and Chapters 1-2
1. How does the author describe Moe Berg's impact on those around him in the Prologue?
2. How does author Nicholas Dawidoff describe Moe Berg's sports persona in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
3. What was John Kieran credited with in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
4. How is Moe Berg's relationship with the press described in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"? What were Berg's academic qualities?
5. Where did Moe Berg go to work after quitting baseball, as described...
This section contains 1,234 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)