|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hits did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
2. When was the CIA established?
3. What is a war that results when opposing powers use third parties as substitutes for fighting each other directly?
(a) Partner war.
(b) War of substitution.
(c) Proxy war.
(d) War of subordinates.
4. After World War II began to resolve itself, Moe Berg was sent home and arrived in Newark on what date?
(a) April 25, 1945.
(b) November 4, 1947.
(c) July 27, 1949.
(d) March 11, 1942.
5. What was Moe Berg's batting average after the 1932 season?
Short Answer Questions
1. What other regular radio quiz show guest and sports commentator said "Moe was the most scholarly professional athlete (I) ever knew"?
2. What term, in its original usage, describes a competition between two or more parties for the best armed forces?
3. Part of the reason Moe was a quiet student in college was an underlying prejudice against what that existed at the school at the time?
4. In the baseball season of 1929, where was Moe Berg injured?
5. What President called for the formation of the OSS?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)