|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In college, Moe played shortstop for what team?
(a) The Illinois Fighting Illini.
(b) The Boston College Eagles.
(c) The Minnesota Golden Gophers.
(d) The Princeton Tigers.
2. At what age had Moe Berg begun playing baseball?
3. What New York City newsreel production company had Berg had contracted to film the sights of his second trip to Japan?
(b) Walt Disney.
4. What is a phrase used to describe the communist states within the Soviet Union's sphere of influence or those countries that had centrally-planned economies?
(a) First World.
(b) Third World.
(c) Second World.
(d) Fourth World.
5. Who picked up Moe Berg after his unconditional release from the Cleveland Indians?
(a) The Washington Senators.
(b) The Little Rock Travelers.
(c) The Minneapolis Millers.
(d) The Toledo Mud Hens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the batting average of Ted Williams?
2. What radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology advocates the creation of a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through indoctrination, physical education, and family policy including eugenics?
3. Where did Moe Berg grow up after the age of three?
4. The optical laboratory Moe Berg was directed to investigate in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy" was thought to be helping compress fissionable material for Germany's what?
5. What starting catcher went down in the 1932 season, allowing Moe Berg to step in?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)