|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What award did Moe Berg earn for his service in the OSS and refuse it?
(a) Medal of Honor.
(b) Medal of Freedom.
(c) Medal of Patriotism.
(d) Medal of Valor.
2. What term, in its original usage, describes a competition between two or more parties for the best armed forces?
(a) Arms race.
(b) Weapons marathon.
(c) Sprint for bombs.
(d) Blasting dash.
3. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
4. Where did Moe Berg graduate with a B.A. degree?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Stanford University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) University of Chicago.
5. Under what U.S. President did Nelson Rockefeller serve as Vice President?
(a) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Richard Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
2. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included France and the United States?
3. What physicist in Copenhagen was Moe Berg directed to meet with in Chapter 12, "Always Good Company"?
4. In what year did Moe Berg begin playing professional baseball?
5. What was an organization designed to spread propaganda in South and Central America to keep the citizens of those countries on the side of the United States during World War II?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)