|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lise Meitner was a physicist in exile from where?
2. What refers to a fielder's ability to move from his position to field a ball in play in baseball?
3. When did the Senators give Moe Berg his unconditional release?
(a) July 4, 1936.
(b) July 25, 1934.
(c) June 17, 1933.
(d) August 1, 1939.
4. What does OIAA stand for?
(a) Oil Industry Association of America.
(b) Open Information Act of America.
(c) Office of Industry and Agriculture.
(d) Office of Inter-American Affairs.
5. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
(a) The Washington Senators.
(b) The Minneapolis Millers.
(c) The Little Rock Travelers.
(d) The Toledo Mud Hens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Moe Berg invited to attend spring training in 1932?
2. Under what U.S. President did Nelson Rockefeller serve as Vice President?
3. What term, in its original usage, describes a competition between two or more parties for the best armed forces?
4. What old friend from the Franklin Institute did Moe Berg visit in Philadelphia in Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar"?
5. Where did Moe Berg grow up after the age of three?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)