|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Germans were how far from perfecting the science of the atomic bomb?
(a) 245 days.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 4 years.
2. How many times was Moe Berg a guest appearance on a popular radio quiz show before never returning?
3. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
(a) Tony Calvert.
(b) Joe Cronin.
(c) John Kieran.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
4. In what year did Bernard Berg leave Ukraine to head west?
5. When was Nelson Rockefeller born?
(a) August 28, 1911.
(b) July 8, 1908.
(c) December 16, 1898.
(d) May 2, 1905.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Moe Berg joined the OIAA he left behind a baseball career that had lasted how many years?
2. In Chapter 13, "A Life Without Calendar," Moe Berg became a regular at Princeton, arriving at the home of what old friend the night of the game and gaining an invitation to dinner and a place to stay for the night?
3. What position did Moe Berg play for the Boston Red Sox?
4. What college did Moe Berg briefly attend before switching in 1919?
5. After his guest stint on a radio quiz show, who told Moe Berg, "Berg, in just thirty minutes you did more for baseball than I've done the entire time I've been commissioner"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)