|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Werner Heisenberg was awarded the 1932 Nobel Prize in Physics for his contributions to what?
(a) Qualitative mechanics.
(b) Quantum mechanics.
(c) Quarter mechanics.
(d) Quantitative mechanics.
2. What refers to a fielder's ability to move from his position to field a ball in play in baseball?
3. How long was Dom DiMaggio's baseball career?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 years.
4. When was Rome liberated in World War II?
(a) June 4, 1944.
(b) June 10, 1944.
(c) July 7, 1944.
(d) September 2, 1944.
5. What refers to the official list of players who are eligible to play in a given game and to be included on the lineup card for that game in baseball?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a royal palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine until 1871, when it was destroyed in the upheaval during the suppression of the Paris Commune?
2. From what high school did Moe Berg graduate?
3. During an exhibition game against what team did Moe Berg tear a knee ligament?
4. After World War II began to resolve itself, Moe Berg was sent home and arrived in Newark on what date?
5. When was Babe Ruth born?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)