|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moe Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital ostensibly to visit the daughter of what American ambassador?
(a) Joseph Grew.
(b) Tony Calvert.
(c) Aldo Icardi.
(d) Antonio Ferri.
2. What does OIAA stand for?
(a) Office of Inter-American Affairs.
(b) Office of Industry and Agriculture.
(c) Oil Industry Association of America.
(d) Open Information Act of America.
3. How many hits did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
4. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that he should be concerned about a chemist named what?
(a) Walther Bothe.
(b) Charles Owen.
(c) Roy Spencer.
(d) Tony Calvert.
5. What starting catcher went down in the 1932 season, allowing Moe Berg to step in?
(a) Pyotr Kapitsa.
(b) Roy Spencer.
(c) Edoardo Amaldi.
(d) John Kieran.
Short Answer Questions
1. The OIAA courted Moe Berg in the spring of what year, often coming to him at the ballpark to discuss his possible role with them?
2. How many times was Moe Berg a guest appearance on a popular radio quiz show before never returning?
3. Who picked up Moe Berg after his unconditional release from the Cleveland Indians?
4. What two players other than Moe Berg went to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
5. Part of the reason Moe was a quiet student in college was an underlying prejudice against what that existed at the school at the time?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)