|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What manager of the Red Sox asked Moe Berg to become a coach for the team?
(a) John Kieran.
(b) Aldo Icardi.
(c) Lefty O'Doul.
(d) Joe Cronin.
2. After World War II began to resolve itself, Moe Berg was sent home and arrived in Newark on what date?
(a) July 27, 1949.
(b) November 4, 1947.
(c) March 11, 1942.
(d) April 25, 1945.
3. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Italians could not build an atomic bomb for what reason?
(a) The economic sanctions that were in place.
(b) The citizens were not behind them.
(c) They did not have adequate resources at their lab.
(d) Their scientists were not smart enough.
4. What other regular radio quiz show guest and sports commentator said "Moe was the most scholarly professional athlete (I) ever knew"?
(a) John Kieran.
(b) Antonio Ferri.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) William Donovan.
5. What radio quiz show was Moe Berg a guest on in 1939?
(a) Questions and answers.
(b) Know it all.
(c) Information, Please!
(d) Tell me more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What starting catcher went down in the 1932 season, allowing Moe Berg to step in?
2. Moe Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital ostensibly to visit the daughter of what American ambassador?
3. In what year did Bernard Berg leave Ukraine to head west?
4. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
5. After his playing career ended, Moe Berg was a Red Sox coach in what years?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)