|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
(a) Tony Calvert.
(b) John Kieran.
(c) Joe Cronin.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
2. In Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy," it was discovered that Werner Heisenberg was to be in Switzerland in when to give a lecture?
(a) Mid June.
(b) Early August.
(c) Late December.
(d) Mid September.
3. What expert sharpshooter was employed to kill Heisenberg, but at the last minute his mission was canceled in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Aldo Icardi.
(b) Carl Eifler.
(c) Clifton Fadiman.
(d) Gian Carlo Wick.
4. What was Moe Berg's batting average at the end of the season of 1933?
5. When was Ted Williams born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the mission Moe Berg was assigned to with the objective of encouraging Italian scientists to come to America?
2. In what year did Moe Berg graduate college, earning a B.A. degree?
3. Who arranged for three players to go to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
4. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1931 season?
5. How many languages did Moe Berg study while earning his B.A. degree?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)