|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
2. What was a royal palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine until 1871, when it was destroyed in the upheaval during the suppression of the Paris Commune?
(a) The Paris Palace.
(b) The Palace le France.
(c) The Seine Palace.
(d) The Tuileries Palace.
3. What other regular radio quiz show guest and sports commentator said "Moe was the most scholarly professional athlete (I) ever knew"?
(a) Antonio Ferri.
(b) William Donovan.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) John Kieran.
4. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Gian Carlo Wick.
(b) Charles Owen.
(c) Clifton Fadiman.
(d) Niels Bohr.
5. Where did Moe Berg grow up after the age of three?
(a) Boston, MA.
(b) Newark, NJ.
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) Buffalo, NY.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MVP stand for?
2. At what age had Moe Berg begun playing baseball?
3. What is an area of Paris named for the large central wholesale marketplace?
4. In the baseball season of 1929, where was Moe Berg injured?
5. What was Moe Berg's batting average at the end of the season of 1933?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)