|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his guest stint on a radio quiz show, who told Moe Berg, "Berg, in just thirty minutes you did more for baseball than I've done the entire time I've been commissioner"?
(a) Ford Frick.
(b) William Eckert.
(c) A. B. "Happy" Chandler, Sr.
(d) Kenesaw Mountain Landis.
2. With what respected Wall Street law firm did Moe Berg take a position in 1930?
(a) Ernster and Robbins.
(b) Scofield and Newton.
(c) Satterlee and Canfield.
(d) Bloomberg and Rodgers.
3. Who did the Washington Senators lose to in the 1933 World Series?
(a) The New York Giants.
(b) The Chicago White Sox.
(c) The Boston Red Sox.
(d) The Chicago Cubs.
4. What was Dom DiMaggio's nickname?
(a) "The Big Man."
(b) "The Doctor."
(c) "The Hulk."
(d) "The Little Professor."
5. In 1926, Moe informed his team that he would not be able to join them until two months into the season because he needed to do what?
(a) Work on an invention.
(b) Travel across the country.
(c) Complete his semester at Columbia Law School.
(d) Write a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Berg report to the Senators training camp after returning from Japan?
2. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included France and the United States?
3. What President called for the formation of the OSS?
4. During what years was Nelson Rockefeller U.S. Vice President?
5. Under what U.S. President did Nelson Rockefeller serve as Vice President?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)