|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Moe Berg's batting average at the end of the season of 1933?
2. While the rest of the team was playing in Omiya, Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital where during his second trip in Japan?
3. Where was Moe Berg born?
(a) New York, NY.
(b) Portland, ME.
(c) Columbus, OH.
(d) Boston, MA.
4. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
(a) John Kieran.
(b) Aldo Icardi.
(c) Tony Calvert.
(d) Joe Cronin.
5. After his guest stint on a radio quiz show, who told Moe Berg, "Berg, in just thirty minutes you did more for baseball than I've done the entire time I've been commissioner"?
(a) A. B. "Happy" Chandler, Sr.
(b) Ford Frick.
(c) Kenesaw Mountain Landis.
(d) William Eckert.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Lou Gehrig born?
2. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
3. Who did Moe Berg sign with in April of 1924?
4. When did Berg report to the Senators training camp after returning from Japan?
5. How many languages did Moe Berg study while earning his B.A. degree?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)