|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many seasons did Moe Berg play with the Boston Red Sox?
2. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
(a) Tony Calvert.
(b) John Kieran.
(c) Aldo Icardi.
(d) Joe Cronin.
3. What two baseball clubs approached Moe Berg after his college graduation?
(a) The Cincinnati Reds and the Chicago Cubs.
(b) The New York Giants and the Brooklyn Robins.
(c) The Chicago Cubs and the Boston Red Sox.
(d) The Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees.
4. In college, Moe played shortstop for what team?
(a) The Minnesota Golden Gophers.
(b) The Boston College Eagles.
(c) The Illinois Fighting Illini.
(d) The Princeton Tigers.
5. When was the CIA established?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
2. Who did the Washington Senators lose to in the 1933 World Series?
3. In his time playing for the Boston Red Sox, Moe Berg averaged fewer than how many games per season?
4. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
5. When was the Louvre Palace built?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)