|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assistant managing editor of the New York Times received letters from someone claiming to be Moe Berg in the Prologue?
(a) Allan Siegal.
(b) Ted Lyons.
(c) Rose Tashke.
(d) Walther Bothe.
2. When did Berg report to the Senators training camp after returning from Japan?
(a) May 1, 1931.
(b) April 16, 1934.
(c) February 26, 1933.
(d) March 2, 1930.
3. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
(a) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(b) The Little Rock Travelers.
(c) The Minneapolis Millers.
(d) The Washington Senators.
4. Where was Moe Berg born?
(a) New York, NY.
(b) Portland, ME.
(c) Columbus, OH.
(d) Boston, MA.
5. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included Germany, Italy and Japan?
(a) Axis powers.
(b) Western powers.
(c) Eastern powers.
(d) Allied powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the official list of players who are eligible to play in a given game and to be included on the lineup card for that game in baseball?
2. What was Moe Berg's batting average at the end of the season of 1933?
3. When did Moe Berg receive his his LL.B. degree?
4. Who picked up Moe Berg after his unconditional release from the Cleveland Indians?
5. What two players other than Moe Berg went to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)