|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the rest of the team was playing in Omiya, Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital where during his second trip in Japan?
2. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
3. What two players other than Moe Berg went to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
(a) Lefty O'Doul and Ted Lyons.
(b) John Kieran and Tony Calvert.
(c) Walther Bothe and Otto Hahn.
(d) Niels Bohr and Harry Broley.
4. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
(a) Aldo Icardi.
(b) John Kieran.
(c) Tony Calvert.
(d) Joe Cronin.
5. Where did Moe Berg earn his law degree?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Columbia Law School.
(c) Duke University.
(d) Yale University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a spy organization begun at the beginning of World War II to gather intelligence in the same manner as England's MI-6?
2. Where was Moe Berg invited to attend spring training in 1932?
3. On his second Japan trip, Moe Berg convinced Babe Ruth that he learned Japanese in what amount of time?
4. In college, Moe played shortstop for what team?
5. What two baseball clubs approached Moe Berg after his college graduation?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)