|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the rest of the team was playing in Omiya, Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital where during his second trip in Japan?
2. On what date did the group of three players began their circuit of Japanese universities in Chapter 7, "Strange Foreigner with Camera"?
(a) January 5, 1923.
(b) May 4, 1928.
(c) July 28, 1929.
(d) October 22, 1932.
3. With what batting average did Moe Berg finish the 1930 season?
4. What two baseball clubs approached Moe Berg after his college graduation?
(a) The Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees.
(b) The Chicago Cubs and the Boston Red Sox.
(c) The Cincinnati Reds and the Chicago Cubs.
(d) The New York Giants and the Brooklyn Robins.
5. Who arranged for three players to go to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
(a) Clifton Fadiman.
(b) Antonio Ferri.
(c) Theodore Von Karman.
(d) Herb Hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Senators' starting catcher in 1933?
2. Who picked up Berg in 1931 when Chicago put him on waivers?
3. When was Babe Ruth born?
4. Where did Bernard Berg begin working in New York after immigrating?
5. What was Moe Berg's father's profession by the time Moe entered college?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)