|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Babe Ruth born?
2. Where was Moe Berg sent after returning from Paris when the coaches saw his batting had not improved?
(a) The minors.
(b) To the batting cages.
(d) Back to college.
3. What starting catcher went down in the 1932 season, allowing Moe Berg to step in?
(a) Roy Spencer.
(b) Pyotr Kapitsa.
(c) Edoardo Amaldi.
(d) John Kieran.
4. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included France and the United States?
(a) Axis powers.
(b) Allied powers.
(c) Eastern powers.
(d) Western powers.
5. Who picked up Berg in 1931 when Chicago put him on waivers?
(a) The Milwaukee Brewers.
(b) The Brooklyn Dodgers.
(c) The Cleveland Indians.
(d) The New York Yankees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many at bats did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
2. On his second Japan trip, Moe Berg convinced Babe Ruth that he learned Japanese in what amount of time?
3. With what team did Moe Berg sign after graduating college?
4. For what team did Moe Berg play in Reading, Pennsylvania?
5. During an exhibition game against what team did Moe Berg tear a knee ligament?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)