|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Senators' starting catcher in 1933?
(a) Carl Eifler.
(b) Joseph Grew.
(c) Cliff Bolton.
(d) Gian Carlo Wick.
2. What was a royal palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine until 1871, when it was destroyed in the upheaval during the suppression of the Paris Commune?
(a) The Palace le France.
(b) The Tuileries Palace.
(c) The Seine Palace.
(d) The Paris Palace.
3. On his second Japan trip, Moe Berg convinced Babe Ruth that he learned Japanese in what amount of time?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 month.
4. In college, Moe played shortstop for what team?
(a) The Princeton Tigers.
(b) The Minnesota Golden Gophers.
(c) The Illinois Fighting Illini.
(d) The Boston College Eagles.
5. Who picked up Moe Berg after his unconditional release from the Cleveland Indians?
(a) The Little Rock Travelers.
(b) The Minneapolis Millers.
(c) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(d) The Washington Senators.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1932 season?
2. What New York City newsreel production company had Berg had contracted to film the sights of his second trip to Japan?
3. What was an organization designed to spread propaganda in South and Central America to keep the citizens of those countries on the side of the United States during World War II?
4. The Office of Strategic Services was established by a Presidential military order in what year?
5. Moe Berg worked as a baseball coach until what year?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)