|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an area of Paris named for the large central wholesale marketplace?
(a) Les Pourquoi.
(b) Les Enchanté.
(c) La Rive Gauche.
(d) Les Halles.
2. Who did the Washington Senators lose to in the 1933 World Series?
(a) The Chicago Cubs.
(b) The New York Giants.
(c) The Chicago White Sox.
(d) The Boston Red Sox.
3. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
(a) The Minneapolis Millers.
(b) The Washington Senators.
(c) The Toledo Mud Hens.
(d) The Little Rock Travelers.
4. Who arranged for three players to go to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
(a) Clifton Fadiman.
(b) Antonio Ferri.
(c) Theodore Von Karman.
(d) Herb Hunter.
5. Where was Moe Berg sent after returning from Paris when the coaches saw his batting had not improved?
(a) The minors.
(b) To the batting cages.
(c) Back to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his second Japan trip, Moe Berg convinced Babe Ruth that he learned Japanese in what amount of time?
2. When was Lou Gehrig born?
3. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
4. In 1925, Moe played so well that the Chicago Cubs wanted him, but what team had an option on him that they quickly exercised?
5. How many games did Moe Berg play in the 1931 season?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)