|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The teams that approached Moe Berg after his college graduation were looking for a player who was what in order to bring in fans?
(c) Clean cut.
2. What two players other than Moe Berg went to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
(a) Lefty O'Doul and Ted Lyons.
(b) Niels Bohr and Harry Broley.
(c) Walther Bothe and Otto Hahn.
(d) John Kieran and Tony Calvert.
3. What New York City newsreel production company had Berg had contracted to film the sights of his second trip to Japan?
(d) Walt Disney.
4. Who did Moe Berg sign with in April of 1924?
(a) The Washington Senators.
(b) The Minneapolis Millers.
(c) The Little Rock Travelers.
(d) The Toledo Mud Hens.
5. What was Moe Berg's father's profession by the time Moe entered college?
(d) Taxi driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Moe Berg grow up after the age of three?
2. What assistant managing editor of the New York Times received letters from someone claiming to be Moe Berg in the Prologue?
3. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
4. Who picked up Berg in 1931 when Chicago put him on waivers?
5. When did the Senators give Moe Berg his unconditional release?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)