|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
2. In 1926, Moe informed his team that he would not be able to join them until two months into the season because he needed to do what?
(a) Travel across the country.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Complete his semester at Columbia Law School.
(d) Work on an invention.
3. Part of the reason Moe was a quiet student in college was an underlying prejudice against what that existed at the school at the time?
4. What is an area of Paris named for the large central wholesale marketplace?
(a) Les Halles.
(b) Les Enchanté.
(c) Les Pourquoi.
(d) La Rive Gauche.
5. What manager of the Giants did Moe Berg have dinner in Paris with in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
(a) Allen Dulles.
(b) William Donovan.
(c) John McGraw.
(d) Charles Owen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Moe Berg graduate with a B.A. degree?
2. When did Moe Berg return to the United States from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
3. When was Moe Berg born?
4. In 1925, Moe played so well that the Chicago Cubs wanted him, but what team had an option on him that they quickly exercised?
5. Where did Moe Berg attend several classes while in Paris in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)