|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Moe Berg begin playing professional baseball?
2. Where did Moe Berg attend several classes while in Paris in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
(a) The Sorbonne.
(b) Arc de Triomphe.
(c) Les Invalides.
(d) The Louvre.
3. What two baseball clubs approached Moe Berg after his college graduation?
(a) The Chicago Cubs and the Boston Red Sox.
(b) The Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees.
(c) The New York Giants and the Brooklyn Robins.
(d) The Cincinnati Reds and the Chicago Cubs.
4. In what year did Moe Berg complete his professional baseball career?
5. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
(a) Aldo Icardi.
(b) John Kieran.
(c) Joe Cronin.
(d) Tony Calvert.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1925, Moe played so well that the Chicago Cubs wanted him, but what team had an option on him that they quickly exercised?
2. Where was Moe Berg sent after returning from Paris when the coaches saw his batting had not improved?
3. What was a royal palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine until 1871, when it was destroyed in the upheaval during the suppression of the Paris Commune?
4. What CIA museum curator idolizes Moe Berg as described in the Prologue?
5. In college, Moe played shortstop for what team?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)