|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included Germany, Italy and Japan?
(a) Axis powers.
(b) Allied powers.
(c) Eastern powers.
(d) Western powers.
2. How many languages did Moe Berg study while earning his B.A. degree?
3. What was a spy organization begun at the beginning of World War II to gather intelligence in the same manner as England's MI-6?
4. When was Moe Berg born?
(a) April 7, 1899.
(b) March 2, 1902.
(c) May 2, 1909.
(d) June 19, 1906.
5. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Clifton Fadiman.
(c) Charles Owen.
(d) Gian Carlo Wick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does OIAA stand for?
2. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
3. How old was Moe Berg when he begged his mother to let him start school?
4. For what team did Moe Berg play in Reading, Pennsylvania?
5. What assistant managing editor of the New York Times received letters from someone claiming to be Moe Berg in the Prologue?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)