|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What antiquarian bookshop owner thought Moe Berg was a fraud in the Prologue?
(a) George Allen.
(b) Linda McCarthy.
(c) Roy Spencer.
(d) Otto Hahn.
2. Who established and headed the OIAA?
(a) William Donovan.
(b) Nelson D. Rockefeller.
(c) John Kieran.
(d) Herb Hunter.
3. Where did Bernard Berg begin working in New York after immigrating?
(a) A hospital.
(b) The docks.
(c) A factory.
(d) A laundry.
4. Where was Moe Berg born?
(a) New York, NY.
(b) Columbus, OH.
(c) Boston, MA.
(d) Portland, ME.
5. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
(a) Aldo Icardi.
(b) John Kieran.
(c) Joe Cronin.
(d) Tony Calvert.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many languages did Moe Berg study while earning his B.A. degree?
2. From what village in the Ukraine was Bernard Berg?
3. What assistant managing editor of the New York Times received letters from someone claiming to be Moe Berg in the Prologue?
4. When was the CIA established?
5. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included France and the United States?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)