|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included France and the United States?
(a) Western powers.
(b) Eastern powers.
(c) Allied powers.
(d) Axis powers.
2. What was Moe Berg's major for which he earned a B.A. degree?
(b) Modern Languages.
3. Where did Moe Berg earn his law degree?
(a) Duke University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Columbia Law School.
(d) Yale University.
4. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) Gerald Ford.
5. What is a body of senior uniformed leaders in the United States Department of Defense who advise the Secretary of Defense, the Homeland Security Council, the National Security Council and the President on military matters?
(a) The Joint Chiefs of Staff.
(b) The Council of Military Leaders.
(c) The Knights of the Round Table.
(d) The Top Brass Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
2. What was a spy organization begun at the beginning of World War II to gather intelligence in the same manner as England's MI-6?
3. What does OIAA stand for?
4. Who established and headed the OIAA?
5. In what year did Bernard Berg leave Ukraine to head west?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)