|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Moe Berg's Alsos's counterpart in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
(a) Rose Tashke.
(b) Colonel Boris Pash.
(c) Clifton Fadiman.
(d) Edoardo Amaldi.
2. Ted Williams played his entire 21-year Major League Baseball career as what position for the Red Sox?
(a) Center fielder.
(b) 1st baseman.
(c) 3rd baseman.
(d) Left fielder.
3. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included France and the United States?
(a) Western powers.
(b) Axis powers.
(c) Allied powers.
(d) Eastern powers.
4. In late 1944/early 1945, Moe Berg began reporting to the OSS office in Bern lead by whom?
(a) Carl Eifler.
(b) Tony Calvert.
(c) Allen Dulles.
(d) H.P. Robertson.
5. When did the attack on Pearl Harbor take place?
(a) September 11, 1939.
(b) December 7, 1941.
(c) July 4, 1937.
(d) October 31, 1945.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Moe Berg joined the OIAA he left behind a baseball career that had lasted how many years?
2. After his guest stint on a radio quiz show, who told Moe Berg, "Berg, in just thirty minutes you did more for baseball than I've done the entire time I've been commissioner"?
3. Who was the wartime head of the OSS?
4. The U.S. government was deeply concerned that Werner Heisenberg would perfect what weapon before American scientists?
5. Moe's boss with the OSS instructed Moe to investigate an optical laboratory named what in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy"?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)