|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that the Germans were how far from perfecting the science of the atomic bomb?
(a) 10 weeks.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 245 days.
(d) 4 years.
2. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Clifton Fadiman.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(c) Gian Carlo Wick.
(d) Charles Owen.
3. Where did Moe Berg attend several classes while in Paris in Chapter 4, "Robin in Paris"?
(a) Arc de Triomphe.
(b) The Sorbonne.
(c) Les Invalides.
(d) The Louvre.
4. The U.S. government was deeply concerned that Werner Heisenberg would perfect what weapon before American scientists?
(a) The atomic bomb.
(b) The space laser.
(c) The robot of doom.
(d) The earthquake machine.
5. Edoardo Amaldi told Moe Berg that he should be concerned about a chemist named what?
(a) Roy Spencer.
(b) Charles Owen.
(c) Tony Calvert.
(d) Walther Bothe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times was Moe Berg a guest appearance on a popular radio quiz show before never returning?
2. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
3. Werner Heisenberg was awarded the 1932 Nobel Prize in Physics for his contributions to what?
4. How long was Dom DiMaggio's baseball career?
5. In college, Moe played shortstop for what team?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)