|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following World War II, Werner Heisenberg was appointed director of what institution?
(a) The King Edward II Institute for Physics.
(b) The Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Physics.
(c) The Einstein Institute of Physics.
(d) The Newtons School of Physics.
2. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Gian Carlo Wick.
(c) Charles Owen.
(d) Clifton Fadiman.
3. What does MVP stand for?
(a) Many Varied Players.
(b) Most Varied Position.
(c) Most Valuable Player.
(d) Main Valuable Player.
4. When was Nelson Rockefeller born?
(a) August 28, 1911.
(b) July 8, 1908.
(c) May 2, 1905.
(d) December 16, 1898.
5. How long was Dom DiMaggio's baseball career?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two players other than Moe Berg went to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
2. Who established and headed the OIAA?
3. Moe Berg went to Saint Luke's Hospital ostensibly to visit the daughter of what American ambassador?
4. In late 1944/early 1945, Moe Berg began reporting to the OSS office in Bern lead by whom?
5. How many times was Ted Williams an All-Star?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)