|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moe Berg worked as a baseball coach until what year?
2. Part of the reason Moe was a quiet student in college was an underlying prejudice against what that existed at the school at the time?
3. In 1926, Moe informed his team that he would not be able to join them until two months into the season because he needed to do what?
(a) Complete his semester at Columbia Law School.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Work on an invention.
(d) Travel across the country.
4. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Gian Carlo Wick.
(b) Clifton Fadiman.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Charles Owen.
5. The teams that approached Moe Berg after his college graduation were looking for a player who was what in order to bring in fans?
(c) Clean cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the CIA established?
2. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
3. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included Germany, Italy and Japan?
4. To what team was Moe Berg loaned in the second half of the season in 1924, where he shone on a losing team?
5. When did Moe Berg return to the United States from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)