|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Office of Strategic Services was established by a Presidential military order in what year?
2. What refers to the official list of players who are eligible to play in a given game and to be included on the lineup card for that game in baseball?
3. Part of the reason Moe was a quiet student in college was an underlying prejudice against what that existed at the school at the time?
4. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Clifton Fadiman.
(b) Charles Owen.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Gian Carlo Wick.
5. Where did Bernard Berg begin working in New York after immigrating?
(a) The docks.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A factory.
(d) A laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an area of Paris named for the large central wholesale marketplace?
2. In 1929, Moe missed his opportunity to graduate with his law school class because he failed what?
3. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
4. In 1925, Moe played so well that the Chicago Cubs wanted him, but what team had an option on him that they quickly exercised?
5. What college did Moe Berg briefly attend before switching in 1919?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)