|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was an alignment of great powers during the mid-20th century that fought World War II and included France and the United States?
(a) Eastern powers.
(b) Allied powers.
(c) Western powers.
(d) Axis powers.
2. In what year did Bernard Berg leave Ukraine to head west?
3. Where did Bernard Berg begin working in New York after immigrating?
(a) A hospital.
(b) The docks.
(c) A laundry.
(d) A factory.
4. What was a royal palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine until 1871, when it was destroyed in the upheaval during the suppression of the Paris Commune?
(a) The Seine Palace.
(b) The Palace le France.
(c) The Tuileries Palace.
(d) The Paris Palace.
5. For what team did Moe Berg play in Reading, Pennsylvania?
(a) The Panthers.
(b) The Owls.
(c) The Wolves.
(d) The Keys.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Moe Berg begin playing professional baseball?
2. In what year did Moe Berg graduate college, earning a B.A. degree?
3. In 1926, Moe informed his team that he would not be able to join them until two months into the season because he needed to do what?
4. Where did Moe Berg grow up after the age of three?
5. What was an organization designed to spread propaganda in South and Central America to keep the citizens of those countries on the side of the United States during World War II?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)