|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Moe Berg sign with in April of 1924?
(a) The Little Rock Travelers.
(b) The Minneapolis Millers.
(c) The Washington Senators.
(d) The Toledo Mud Hens.
2. Who established and headed the OIAA?
(a) Nelson D. Rockefeller.
(b) William Donovan.
(c) Herb Hunter.
(d) John Kieran.
3. Where was Moe Berg born?
(a) Columbus, OH.
(b) New York, NY.
(c) Boston, MA.
(d) Portland, ME.
4. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Charles Owen.
(b) Niels Bohr.
(c) Clifton Fadiman.
(d) Gian Carlo Wick.
5. When was OIAA established?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sports columnist was credited with creating the public image of Moe Berg in Chapter 1, "The Public Berg: Professor Moe"?
2. When did Moe Berg return to the United States from Paris in Chapter 5, "Good Field, No Hit"?
3. In what year did Bernard Berg leave Ukraine to head west?
4. From what high school did Moe Berg graduate?
5. What refers to a fielder's ability to move from his position to field a ball in play in baseball?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)