|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Nelson Rockefeller born?
(a) May 2, 1905.
(b) July 8, 1908.
(c) December 16, 1898.
(d) August 28, 1911.
2. When was Lou Gehrig born?
3. What antiquarian bookshop owner thought Moe Berg was a fraud in the Prologue?
(a) Roy Spencer.
(b) Otto Hahn.
(c) George Allen.
(d) Linda McCarthy.
4. What refers to a fielder's ability to move from his position to field a ball in play in baseball?
5. Who collected Moe Berg paraphernalia, including pictures and papers given to him by Sam Berg, as described in the Prologue?
(a) Niels Bohr.
(b) Charles Owen.
(c) Clifton Fadiman.
(d) Gian Carlo Wick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times was Ted Williams an All-Star?
2. When was the Louvre Palace built?
3. What was a spy organization begun at the beginning of World War II to gather intelligence in the same manner as England's MI-6?
4. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
5. When was Babe Ruth born?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)