|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What U.S. President established the military order of the Office of Strategic Services?
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
2. How many seasons did Moe Berg play with the Boston Red Sox?
3. After his guest stint on a radio quiz show, who told Moe Berg, "Berg, in just thirty minutes you did more for baseball than I've done the entire time I've been commissioner"?
(a) Ford Frick.
(b) Kenesaw Mountain Landis.
(c) A. B. "Happy" Chandler, Sr.
(d) William Eckert.
4. With what respected Wall Street law firm did Moe Berg take a position in 1930?
(a) Scofield and Newton.
(b) Satterlee and Canfield.
(c) Ernster and Robbins.
(d) Bloomberg and Rodgers.
5. For what team did Moe Berg play in Reading, Pennsylvania?
(a) The Owls.
(b) The Wolves.
(c) The Panthers.
(d) The Keys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the wartime head of the OSS?
2. With what batting average did Moe Berg finish the 1930 season?
3. What CIA museum curator idolizes Moe Berg as described in the Prologue?
4. When the OSS was formed, it was styled after what intelligence operation in England?
5. What color suits did Moe Berg traditionally wear?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)