|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Moe Berg's driver in Italy in the summer of 1944?
(a) Walther Bothe.
(b) Paul Scherrer.
(c) Joseph Grew.
(d) Aldo Icardi.
2. What two players other than Moe Berg went to Japan to teach baseball seminars at Japanese universities during the winter of 1932?
(a) Walther Bothe and Otto Hahn.
(b) Niels Bohr and Harry Broley.
(c) John Kieran and Tony Calvert.
(d) Lefty O'Doul and Ted Lyons.
3. What civil engineer during World War II was the chief of foreign intelligence for the Manhattan Engineer District directing espionage against the German nuclear energy project?
(a) Robert Furman.
(b) Allan Siegal.
(c) Harry Broley.
(d) Ted Lyons.
4. When was Werner Heisenberg born?
5. What was the name of the mission Moe Berg was assigned to with the objective of encouraging Italian scientists to come to America?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hits did Moe Berg have in the 1931 season?
2. When was the Louvre Palace built?
3. Who was the Senators' starting catcher in 1933?
4. Moe Berg arrived in Rome how long after it was liberated in 1944?
5. The optical laboratory Moe Berg was directed to investigate in Chapter 11, "A Perfect Spy" was thought to be helping compress fissionable material for Germany's what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)