|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an area of Paris named for the large central wholesale marketplace?
(a) Les Enchanté.
(b) Les Pourquoi.
(c) Les Halles.
(d) La Rive Gauche.
2. What was Moe Berg's father's profession by the time Moe entered college?
(c) Taxi driver.
3. Who did the Washington Senators lose to in the 1933 World Series?
(a) The Chicago Cubs.
(b) The Chicago White Sox.
(c) The Boston Red Sox.
(d) The New York Giants.
4. Who picked up Berg in 1931 when Chicago put him on waivers?
(a) The Cleveland Indians.
(b) The Brooklyn Dodgers.
(c) The Milwaukee Brewers.
(d) The New York Yankees.
5. When did Moe Berg first make his way to Italy on a mission for the U.S. Government?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Moe Berg sent after returning from Paris when the coaches saw his batting had not improved?
2. Werner Heisenberg was awarded the 1932 Nobel Prize in Physics for his contributions to what?
3. What kind of movie camera did Moe Berg take with him on his second trip to Japan?
4. Moe Berg arrived in Rome how long after it was liberated in 1944?
5. The teams that approached Moe Berg after his college graduation were looking for a player who was what in order to bring in fans?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)