|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hotel is the Wicker Bar in?
(a) The Seton Hotel.
(b) The Edmont Hotel.
(c) The Biltmore Hotel.
(d) The Plaza Hotel.
2. What show does Holden see to kill time?
(a) The Lundts.
(b) The Rockettes.
(c) He decides not to see a show at the last minute.
(d) The 39 Steps.
3. What time does Sally arrive to meet Holden?
(c) Ten after two.
(d) Two o' clock.
4. What does Holden do when as he leaves the hotel?
(a) Tell the manager about his altercation the night before.
(b) Check out.
(c) Reserves his room for another night.
(d) Tell the manager about his altercation the night before.
5. What aspect of Eastern culture does Carl say he likes better than Western?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holden imagine while he was at the bar?
2. What does Holden bump into coming out of the closet?
3. Where does Holden go from his apartment?
4. What happened after Holden went home?
5. What beverage does Mrs. Antolini bring for Holden and her husband during their visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Holden upset by seeing vulgarities written on the walls of the museum and school?
2. Why does Holden have so much respect for Mr. Antolini?
3. Why does Holden say he would volunteer to sit on an atomic bomb if there is another war?
4. Why does Holden feel bad about blowing smoke in the nuns' faces?
5. Why does Holden imagine he was shot by Maurice?
6. Why did it bother Holden that the boys in his Oral Expression class yelled “Digression!” during speeches?
7. Why does Holden second-guess his reaction to Mr. Antolini patting his head?
8. Why does Holden call Sally when he is drunk?
9. How has Carl changed when Holden meets him at the Wicker Bar?
10. Why is Holden so emotional when he sees Phoebe on the carousel?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)