|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Holden want to invite to go with Mal and him?
(a) No one.
2. What does Holden say he never saw Ackley use?
(a) A bread knife.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A napkin.
3. Who caused the disturbance in the chapel when Ossenburger was speaking?
4. What does Holden try to order at the club?
(a) Red wine.
(c) Scotch and soda.
5. What does Holden shout as he leaves the dorm?
(a) “See ya around, ya phonies!”
(b) “Good luck, ya morons!”
(c) “Sleep tight, ya morons!”
(d) “You're all phonies!”
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phoebe's favorite movie?
2. Who is Ward Stradlater?
3. Why is Holden back early from the fencing match?
4. What does Mr. Spencer offer Holden before he leaves?
5. Why does Holden think Ernie is a phony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Holden like that Jane puts her hand on the back of his neck?
2. Why does Ackley get on Holden's nerves?
3. Compare and contrast Ackley and Stradlater, according to Holden's descriptions.
4. What two reasons does Holden give for not talking about his early childhood?
5. What does Holden think of his siblings?
6. Why do the girls say they have to leave the Lavender Room so abruptly? Why do they really leave?
7. What five people does Holden think of calling when he arrives at Penn Station?
8. Why does Holden shout to the boys in his dorm as he leaves?
9. Why does Holden decide not to have sex with Sunny? What does he tell her?
10. How is Allie's baseball mitt described?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)