|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holden think Mr. Spencer yelled at him as he shut the door?
(b) “Good luck!”
(c) “Come back!”
(d) “Don't give up!”
2. What kind of dog relieved himself on Holden's parents' lawn?
(a) An afghan.
(b) A dachshund.
(c) A Doberman pinscher.
(d) A greyhound.
3. Who comes to Holden's mind as he leaves the club?
(d) Mr. Spencer.
4. What does Holden shout as he leaves the dorm?
(a) “Sleep tight, ya morons!”
(b) “Good luck, ya morons!”
(c) “See ya around, ya phonies!”
(d) “You're all phonies!”
5. Who does Maurice send up to Holden's room?
(b) The manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Stradlater ask of Holden?
2. Who made Jane cry when she and Holden were playing checkers?
3. Why does Holden say he left Elkton Hills?
4. Who is Robert Ackley?
5. What does Holden's cab smell like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stradlater criticize Holden's composition about Allie's baseball mitt?
2. How is Allie's baseball mitt described?
3. Why does Mrs. Morrow think her son is not a good mixer with other boys?
4. What does Holden think of his siblings?
5. Why does Holden like writing about Allie's baseball mitt?
6. What two reasons does Holden give for not talking about his early childhood?
7. Why does Holden get nervous when he talks to Stradlater in the bathroom?
8. How does Holden wish he had handled his missing gloves as opposed to how he would likely have handled it?
9. Compare and contrast Ackley and Stradlater, according to Holden's descriptions.
10. Why does Holden refer to D.B.'s writing in Hollywood as prostitution?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)