|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Stradlater's date?
2. What does Holden shout as he leaves the dorm?
(a) “You're all phonies!”
(b) “Sleep tight, ya morons!”
(c) “Good luck, ya morons!”
(d) “See ya around, ya phonies!”
3. How did Holden comfort Jane when she cried during the checkers game?
(a) By taking her to a movie.
(b) By making her laugh.
(c) By kissing her.
(d) By leaving the room.
4. What does Stradlater do as he shaves at the beginning of the chapter?
(d) Mumble to himself.
5. On what floor is Holden's family apartment?
(c) The top.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Holden doing when Stradlater returns?
2. How does Holden entertain himself in the bathroom?
3. What religion does Ackley follow?
4. What does Holden ask the cab driver about?
5. What does Holden say he had an operation on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Holden think of his siblings?
2. Why do the girls say they have to leave the Lavender Room so abruptly? Why do they really leave?
3. Why does Holden keep watching the “perverts” he sees out his hotel window?
4. Why does Holden like writing about Allie's baseball mitt?
5. Why does Mr. Spencer read Holden's essay on the Egyptians to him?
6. Compare and contrast Ackley and Stradlater, according to Holden's descriptions.
7. Why does Holden get nervous when he talks to Stradlater in the bathroom?
8. What five people does Holden think of calling when he arrives at Penn Station?
9. Why does Ackley get on Holden's nerves?
10. What two reasons does Holden give for not talking about his early childhood?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)