|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Holden sleep after leaving Mr. Antolini's apartment?
(a) Grand Central.
(b) The Museum of Art.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Another hotel.
2. Whose quote does Mr. Antolini share with Holden?
(a) Willa Cather.
(b) Wilhelm Stekel.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) George Eliot.
3. Where does Holden decide to go at the end of the chapter?
(b) Grand Central Station.
(c) Jane's house.
(d) Another hotel.
4. Who comes to Holden's mind as he is eating?
5. Where did Holden go after leaving Mr. Antolini's apartment?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Another hotel.
(c) The Museum of Art.
(d) Grand Central.
6. Where does Holden take Phoebe?
(a) The carousel.
(b) The ice-skating rink.
(c) Radio City Music Hall.
7. What illness does a magazine article make Holden think he has?
8. Where does Holden think his father will send him?
(a) Elkton Hills.
(b) Whooton School.
(d) Military school.
9. What is Phoebe's full name?
(a) Phoebe Josephine Caulfield.
(b) Phoebe Anne Caulfield.
(c) Phoebe Weatherfield Caulfield.
(d) Phoebe Nicole Caulfield.
10. What does Phoebe eat for dinner?
(b) A chicken breast.
(c) A lamb chop.
11. Who comes to Holden's door when he is in bed?
(a) The hotel manager.
(b) A drunken woman.
12. What does Holden say about Mrs. Antonlini’s cake?
(a) It is “as hard as a rock.”
(b) It “needed a little longer in the oven.”
(c) It “tastes like a flour sack.”
(d) It was “the best cake I ever had.”
13. What cheers Holden up as he walks?
(a) A girl skipping and humming.
(b) A girl that reminds him of Phoebe.
(c) A boy singing as he walks on the sidewalk.
(d) A boy walking his dog.
14. What does Holden say happens if you tell anyone anything?
(a) You start missing everybody.
(b) They use it against you.
(c) You turn into a phony.
(d) They never listen.
15. What does Carl order at the Wicker Bar?
(a) A scotch and soda.
(b) A beer.
(c) A dry martini.
(d) A rum and Coke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Holden going to go for drinks at ten o' clock?
2. What does Mr. Antolini think is going to happen to Holden?
3. What show does Holden see to kill time?
4. How old does Holden say he is when he is asked in the men's room?
5. What does Holden want to buy for Phoebe?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)