|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one teacher from Pencey Holden names?
(a) Mr. Banky.
(b) Mr. Thurmer.
(c) Mr. Spencer.
(d) Mr. Antolini.
2. Who comes to Holden's door when he is in bed?
(a) A drunken woman.
(c) The hotel manager.
3. What does Holden do when he arrives at the hotel?
(a) Get a room.
(b) Call Jane.
(c) Watch girls.
(d) Smoke a cigarette.
4. Where does Holden think his father will send him?
(a) Elkton Hills.
(b) Military school.
(c) Whooton School.
5. What wakes Holden?
(a) A commotion in the bedroom.
(b) Mr. Antolini's hand on his head.
(c) Mrs. Antolini in the kitchen.
(d) The phone rings.
6. What happened after Holden went home?
(a) He was kept under house arrest by his parents.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He got sick.
(d) He got sent to military school.
7. Why does Holden want Carl to stay for one more drink?
(a) He is expecting another friend to show up.
(b) He wants to finish his cigarette.
(c) He has more questions for Carl.
(d) He says he is lonesome.
8. What does Holden see outside at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) The “perverts.”
(b) Snow falling.
(c) Maurice and Sunny talking.
(d) The sun coming up.
9. What time is Holden's date?
(a) One o' clock.
(b) Two o' clock.
(c) An hour away.
10. What nationality are Tina and Janine?
11. Where did Holden room with Harris Macklin?
(a) Whooton School.
(b) Pencey Prep.
(d) Elkton Hills.
12. What player did Holden always like best in the orchestra?
(b) Kettle drum.
(c) Bass clarinet.
13. What class does Holden tell Mr. Antolini about?
(a) American Hinovel.
(b) Western Civilizations.
(c) Seventeenth-century Poetry.
(d) Oral Expression.
14. What does Holden tell Sally in the cab?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) He is joining the military.
(c) He just had an operation.
(d) He loves her.
15. Where does Holden get punched?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In the jaw.
(c) Between his legs.
(d) In the shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holden eat at the beginning of the chapter?
2. Where does Mr. Antolini make up a bed for Holden?
3. What book does the “English guy” carry in the movie Holden sees?
4. Who does Holden call when he was drunk?
5. What is Mrs. Antolini's first name?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)