|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Holden's mind as he is eating?
2. What is a “flit?”
(a) A homosexual.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A ditz.
(d) A foreigner.
3. Where does Holden say he will be instead of where his father will send him?
(b) Whooton School.
(c) Elkton Hills.
(d) Military school.
4. How much does Holden allegedly owe the person who comes to his door?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A dollar.
(d) Fifty cents.
5. What does Holden bump into coming out of the closet?
(b) D.B.'s desk.
(c) D.B.'s bed.
(d) His shoes.
6. Who goes into the men's room while Holden is there?
(a) The piano player.
(b) A barfly.
(c) The bartender.
7. Where does Holden go instead of looking for Phoebe?
(a) The park.
(b) The Biltmore.
(c) The museum.
(d) Grand Central Station.
8. What does Holden get for breakfast?
(b) A biscuit.
(c) A sausage sandwich.
(d) A scrambled egg.
9. What happened after Holden went home?
(a) He was kept under house arrest by his parents.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He got sick.
(d) He got sent to military school.
10. Where does Holden tell Phoebe to meet him?
(a) Central Park.
(b) The Museum of Art.
(c) Right outside her school.
(d) The Biltmore.
11. How does Holden know the maid will not hear him?
(a) She sleeps too deeply.
(b) Her room is at the back of the apartment.
(c) She is not a live-in maid.
(d) She only has one eardrum.
12. Where did Phoebe get the money she gives Holden?
(a) She took it from their mother's purse.
(b) It is her birthday money.
(c) It was D.B.'s hidden cash.
(d) It is her Christmas money.
13. Who does Holden call at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) Room service.
(b) Jane Gallagher.
(c) The hotel manager.
(d) Sally Hayes.
14. What does Holden give Phoebe before he leaves?
(a) His coat.
(b) A note he wrote her.
(c) His hunting hat.
(d) A cigarette.
15. What cheers Holden up as he walks?
(a) A girl that reminds him of Phoebe.
(b) A boy walking his dog.
(c) A girl skipping and humming.
(d) A boy singing as he walks on the sidewalk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Holden's door when he is in bed?
2. Who did Phoebe write a note to in her notebook?
3. Where does Holden go after the ice skating rink?
4. Where does Holden think his father will send him?
5. Where does Holden initially look for Phoebe?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)