|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holden ask the cab driver about?
(a) If he's read D.B.'s book of short stories.
(b) When the Museum of Art opens.
(c) The ducks in Central Park.
(d) A good restaurant.
2. What happens to the woman as she gets out of a cab?
(a) She broke a heel.
(b) She broke a nail.
(c) She stepped in a puddle.
(d) She tore her skirt.
3. Who is the woman Holden talks to on the ride to New York?
(a) Stradlater's sister.
(b) Ackley's aunt.
(c) The headmaster's wife.
(d) Ernest Morrow's mother.
4. How many fights does Holden claim he has been in?
(a) Too many to count.
5. What is Phoebe's favorite movie?
(a) Bang the Drum Slowly.
(b) The Wizard of Oz.
(c) The 39 Steps.
(d) The Baker's Wife.
6. Who does Holden decide to call?
(a) Carl Luce.
(b) No one.
(c) Sally Hayes.
7. What game did Holden used to play with Stradlater's date?
8. What kind of dog relieved himself on Holden's parents' lawn?
(a) A greyhound.
(b) An afghan.
(c) A Doberman pinscher.
(d) A dachshund.
9. What does Holden shout as he leaves the dorm?
(a) “Sleep tight, ya morons!”
(b) “Good luck, ya morons!”
(c) “You're all phonies!”
(d) “See ya around, ya phonies!”
10. Who is Robert Ackley?
(a) Holden's cousin.
(b) Holden's roommate.
(c) Holden's childhood friend.
(d) Holden's neighbor in the dorms.
11. Who does Holden run into at Ernie's?
(a) Sally Hayes.
(b) Lillian Simmons.
(c) Jane Gallagher.
(d) Ward Stradlater.
12. How did Allie die?
(a) He died of leukemia.
(b) He was killed in a car accident.
(c) Allie's cause of death is not revealed.
(d) He drowned.
13. Who does Holden say is the only “dumb” child in his family?
14. Why does Holden think Ernie is a phony?
(a) He has sold himself out.
(b) He hates people.
(c) He is a bad piano player.
(d) He is a big snob.
15. What favor does Stradlater ask of Holden?
(a) To write his English composition.
(b) To read his hinovel assignment.
(c) To finish his Calculus assignment.
(d) To press his shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who caused the disturbance in the chapel when Ossenburger was speaking?
2. What does the elevator operator offer Holden?
3. How does Holden get to New York?
4. Who does Holden call from his hotel room?
5. What does Holden tell Ackley the fight with Stradlater was about?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)