|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Holden want to play with Ackley?
2. Why does Holden think Ernie is a phony?
(a) He has sold himself out.
(b) He is a big snob.
(c) He hates people.
(d) He is a bad piano player.
3. Who is the janitor's wife?
(a) Mrs. Schmidt.
(b) Mrs. Spencer.
(c) Mrs. Brossard.
(d) Mrs. Banky.
4. What is the school Holden attends at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Pencey Prep.
(b) Whooton School.
(c) Elkton Hills.
5. What is the name of the book of short stories written by D.B.?
(a) The Secret Goldfish.
(b) The Matisse Stories.
(c) The Bloody Chamber.
(d) The Yellow Wallpaper.
6. Who is the narrator of the novel?
7. What does Holden make while Ackley gets ready?
(b) A paper airplane.
(c) A snowball.
8. Who does Holden decide to call?
(a) Carl Luce.
(b) Sally Hayes.
(d) No one.
9. Who is Ward Stradlater?
(a) Holden's neighbor.
(b) Holden's roommate.
(c) Holden's brother-in-law.
(d) A student in Holden's English class.
10. What hotel does Holden go to when he first arrives in New York?
(a) Edmont Hotel.
(b) Plaza Hotel.
(c) Whooton Hotel.
(d) Elkton Hills Hotel.
11. What game did Holden used to play with Stradlater's date?
12. Why is Holden back early from the fencing match?
(a) He got lost and gave up.
(b) He quit the team.
(c) He left the equipment on the subway.
(d) The team lost, so they did not need to stay any longer.
13. How many fights does Holden claim he has been in?
(a) Too many to count.
14. What is the name of the club in Holden's hotel?
(a) The Edmont Lounge.
(b) The Music Room.
(c) The Scarlet Room.
(d) The Lavender Room.
15. Who is D.B.?
(a) Ackley's brother.
(b) The narrator of the novel.
(c) Holden's brother.
(d) This is not revealed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pencey Prep serve for dinner on Saturdays?
2. What did Holden help Jane improve?
3. What book did Holden mistakenly borrow from the library?
4. Who does Maurice send up to Holden's room?
5. What does Holden trip on as he goes into Ackley's room?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)