|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dog relieved himself on Holden's parents' lawn?
(a) A dachshund.
(b) A Doberman pinscher.
(c) A greyhound.
(d) An afghan.
2. What does the elevator operator offer Holden?
(a) A stolen watch.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A cheaper place to stay.
3. What religion does Ackley follow?
4. Why does Holden think Ernie is a phony?
(a) He is a big snob.
(b) He has sold himself out.
(c) He is a bad piano player.
(d) He hates people.
5. Who made Jane cry when she and Holden were playing checkers?
(b) Her step-father.
(c) Holden's mother.
(d) Her mother.
6. What does Holden decide to do after leaving Ackley's room?
(a) To visit Jane Gallagher.
(b) To go home early.
(c) To go outside and smoke.
(d) To apologize to Stradlater.
7. Who is Stradlater's date?
8. Why is Holden back early from the fencing match?
(a) He left the equipment on the subway.
(b) The team lost, so they did not need to stay any longer.
(c) He quit the team.
(d) He got lost and gave up.
9. What did Holden help Jane improve?
(a) Her dancing.
(b) Her English grade.
(c) Her social skills.
(d) Her golf game.
10. What does Holden make while Ackley gets ready?
(a) A snowball.
(d) A paper airplane.
11. What is Holden's cab driver's name?
12. How did Holden comfort Jane when she cried during the checkers game?
(a) By leaving the room.
(b) By kissing her.
(c) By taking her to a movie.
(d) By making her laugh.
13. What does Stradlater do as he shaves at the beginning of the chapter?
(b) Mumble to himself.
14. Who is Mr. Spencer?
(a) An elderly man Holden helps take care of.
(b) Holden's hinovel teacher.
(c) Holden's grandfather.
(d) The dean of students at Pencey Prep.
15. Who is Ward Stradlater?
(a) A student in Holden's English class.
(b) Holden's neighbor.
(c) Holden's roommate.
(d) Holden's brother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hotel does Holden go to when he first arrives in New York?
2. Who does Holden tell the girls in the club he saw?
3. What does Holden try to order at the club?
4. Who is the narrator of the novel?
5. What does Holden think Mr. Spencer yelled at him as he shut the door?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)