|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose car did Stradlater use for his date?
(a) His own.
(b) The fencing coach's.
(c) The headmaster's.
(d) The basketball coach's.
2. What does Marty call Buddy's clarinet?
(a) A licorice stick.
(b) That jazz reed.
(c) An oboe.
(d) A horn.
3. What does Stradlater do as he shaves at the beginning of the chapter?
(b) Mumble to himself.
4. Who does Holden call from his hotel room?
(a) Faith Cavendish.
(b) Jane Gallagher.
(d) Sally Hayes.
5. Who is Robert Ackley?
(a) Holden's childhood friend.
(b) Holden's roommate.
(c) Holden's cousin.
(d) Holden's neighbor in the dorms.
6. What does Holden ask the cab driver about?
(a) A good restaurant.
(b) When the Museum of Art opens.
(c) The ducks in Central Park.
(d) If he's read D.B.'s book of short stories.
7. Who is Mr. Spencer?
(a) Holden's grandfather.
(b) The dean of students at Pencey Prep.
(c) Holden's hinovel teacher.
(d) An elderly man Holden helps take care of.
8. Who does Holden say is the only “dumb” child in his family?
9. Who caused the disturbance in the chapel when Ossenburger was speaking?
10. What game does Holden want to play with Ackley?
11. What favor does Stradlater ask of Holden?
(a) To read his hinovel assignment.
(b) To press his shirt.
(c) To finish his Calculus assignment.
(d) To write his English composition.
12. Who does Holden want to invite to go with Mal and him?
(c) No one.
13. What happens to the woman as she gets out of a cab?
(a) She broke a nail.
(b) She stepped in a puddle.
(c) She tore her skirt.
(d) She broke a heel.
14. Where does Holden decide to go at the end of the chapter?
(b) Back to Pencey Prep.
(d) Back to the Lavender Room.
15. Who made Jane cry when she and Holden were playing checkers?
(a) Holden's mother.
(b) Her step-father.
(c) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Holden decide to call?
2. Why does Holden say he left Elkton Hills?
3. How many fights does Holden claim he has been in?
4. How does Holden entertain himself in the bathroom?
5. What does Holden decide to do after leaving Ackley's room?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)