|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holden write the composition about?
(a) Allie's baseball glove.
(b) Stradlater's razor.
(c) His dorm room.
(d) His red hunting cap.
2. What did Holden help Jane improve?
(a) Her golf game.
(b) Her English grade.
(c) Her social skills.
(d) Her dancing.
3. On what floor is Holden's family apartment?
(d) The top.
4. What does Pencey Prep serve for dinner on Saturdays?
(a) Chicken soup.
5. What hotel does Holden go to when he first arrives in New York?
(a) Whooton Hotel.
(b) Plaza Hotel.
(c) Edmont Hotel.
(d) Elkton Hills Hotel.
6. Who is the woman Holden talks to on the ride to New York?
(a) Ackley's aunt.
(b) Stradlater's sister.
(c) The headmaster's wife.
(d) Ernest Morrow's mother.
7. What is Holden's cab driver's name?
8. Who is the first person Holden thinks to call at Penn Station?
(b) Jane Gallagher's mother.
(d) Sally Hayes.
9. What does Holden ask the cab driver about?
(a) A good place to eat breakfast.
(b) The Museum of Art.
(c) The ducks in the lagoon.
(d) If he'd read D.B.'s book.
10. Who does Holden say was elected class president?
(a) Ernest Morrow.
(b) Ed Banky.
(c) Harry Fencer.
(d) Holden Caulfield.
11. Whose car did Stradlater use for his date?
(a) The headmaster's.
(b) The fencing coach's.
(c) His own.
(d) The basketball coach's.
12. What does Holden make while Ackley gets ready?
(a) A paper airplane.
(d) A snowball.
13. How far does Holden walk back to the hotel?
(a) 12 blocks.
(b) 41 blocks.
(c) The exact number is not given.
(d) 37 blocks.
14. What does Holden think Mr. Spencer yelled at him as he shut the door?
(b) “Good luck!”
(c) “Come back!”
(d) “Don't give up!”
15. What does Marty call Buddy's clarinet?
(a) A horn.
(b) A licorice stick.
(c) That jazz reed.
(d) An oboe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Allie die?
2. How much does Holden give Sunny?
3. How many fights does Holden claim he has been in?
4. Why does Holden say he left Elkton Hills?
5. What illness does Mr. Spencer have?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)