|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Holden back early from the fencing match?
(a) He got lost and gave up.
(b) The team lost, so they did not need to stay any longer.
(c) He left the equipment on the subway.
(d) He quit the team.
2. Who does Holden give ten dollars to at breakfast?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) The waiter.
(c) The maitre'd.
(d) Two nuns.
3. What does Holden think Mr. Spencer yelled at him as he shut the door?
(a) “Come back!”
(b) “Don't give up!”
(c) “Good luck!”
4. How did Holden comfort Jane when she cried during the checkers game?
(a) By making her laugh.
(b) By leaving the room.
(c) By kissing her.
(d) By taking her to a movie.
5. What nationality are Tina and Janine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marty call Buddy's clarinet?
2. Who does Holden say was elected class president?
3. What does Holden do when as he leaves the hotel?
4. What does Holden's cab smell like?
5. Where is Phoebe when Holden arrives?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)