|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stradlater do while Holden talks to him about his date?
(a) Smoke a cigarette.
(b) Rewrite his composition.
(c) Squeeze a pimple on his chin.
(d) Cut his toenails.
2. Who is the first person Holden thinks to call at Penn Station?
(c) Jane Gallagher's mother.
(d) Sally Hayes.
3. What does Holden tell Sally in the cab?
(a) He is joining the military.
(b) He just had an operation.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He wants to marry her.
4. What book did Holden mistakenly borrow from the library?
(a) Moby-Dick by Herman Melville.
(b) As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner.
(c) Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen.
(d) Of Human Bondage by Somerset Maugham.
5. Who does Holden want to invite to go with Mal and him?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holden say he never saw Ackley use?
2. What is Phoebe's favorite movie?
3. What religion does Ackley follow?
4. What does Mr. Spencer offer Holden before he leaves?
5. Where is Phoebe when Holden arrives?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)