|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the book of short stories written by D.B.?
(a) The Secret Goldfish.
(b) The Matisse Stories.
(c) The Yellow Wallpaper.
(d) The Bloody Chamber.
2. What essay does Mr. Spencer read to Holden?
(a) Stradlater's essay that Holden wrote.
(b) Mr. Spencer has Holden read the essay.
(c) An essay about New York.
(d) Holden's essay on the Egyptians.
3. How did Allie die?
(a) He drowned.
(b) Allie's cause of death is not revealed.
(c) He was killed in a car accident.
(d) He died of leukemia.
4. What happens to the woman as she gets out of a cab?
(a) She broke a nail.
(b) She tore her skirt.
(c) She broke a heel.
(d) She stepped in a puddle.
5. Who comes to Holden's mind as he leaves the club?
(a) Mr. Spencer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the novel?
2. How did Holden comfort Jane when she cried during the checkers game?
3. How does Holden entertain himself in the bathroom?
4. What does Holden try to order at the club?
5. What did Holden help Jane improve?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)