|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hotel does Holden go to when he first arrives in New York?
(a) Plaza Hotel.
(b) Edmont Hotel.
(c) Elkton Hills Hotel.
(d) Whooton Hotel.
2. Why does Holden say he left Elkton Hills?
(a) He was surrounded by phonies.
(b) Allie died and he needed to be with his family.
(c) He was failing every class except English.
(d) There was no fencing team.
3. What does Holden decide to do after leaving Ackley's room?
(a) To go home early.
(b) To apologize to Stradlater.
(c) To visit Jane Gallagher.
(d) To go outside and smoke.
4. What book did Holden mistakenly borrow from the library?
(a) Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen.
(b) As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner.
(c) Moby-Dick by Herman Melville.
(d) Of Human Bondage by Somerset Maugham.
5. What does Holden tell the woman his name is?
(d) He doesn't give a name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holden ask the cab driver about?
2. What is Holden doing when Stradlater returns?
3. Who is the woman Holden talks to on the ride to New York?
4. Who is the narrator of the novel?
5. How many fights does Holden claim he has been in?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)