|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holden do when Stradlater reacts to the composition he has written?
(a) He leaves the room.
(b) He tears it up and throws it away.
(c) He smokes a cigarette.
(d) He cries.
2. Who does Holden say was elected class president?
(a) Ed Banky.
(b) Holden Caulfield.
(c) Harry Fencer.
(d) Ernest Morrow.
3. Who is the first person Holden thinks to call at Penn Station?
(b) Sally Hayes.
(d) Jane Gallagher's mother.
4. What essay does Mr. Spencer read to Holden?
(a) An essay about New York.
(b) Stradlater's essay that Holden wrote.
(c) Holden's essay on the Egyptians.
(d) Mr. Spencer has Holden read the essay.
5. How many fights does Holden claim he has been in?
(a) Too many to count.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holden make while Ackley gets ready?
2. How does Holden entertain himself in the bathroom?
3. Why is Holden back early from the fencing match?
4. Who does Holden call from his hotel room?
5. How is Holden involved with the school's fencing team?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)