|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many fights does Holden claim he has been in?
(b) Too many to count.
2. Why does Holden say he left Elkton Hills?
(a) Allie died and he needed to be with his family.
(b) There was no fencing team.
(c) He was failing every class except English.
(d) He was surrounded by phonies.
3. Who is Ward Stradlater?
(a) Holden's roommate.
(b) Holden's neighbor.
(c) Holden's brother-in-law.
(d) A student in Holden's English class.
4. What book did Holden mistakenly borrow from the library?
(a) Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen.
(b) Moby-Dick by Herman Melville.
(c) As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner.
(d) Of Human Bondage by Somerset Maugham.
5. What does Holden write the composition about?
(a) His red hunting cap.
(b) Allie's baseball glove.
(c) Stradlater's razor.
(d) His dorm room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Stradlater ask of Holden?
2. Who is Robert Ackley?
3. How is Holden involved with the school's fencing team?
4. What kind of hat does Holden wear?
5. What does Holden do when Stradlater reacts to the composition he has written?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)